Start by marking “FF, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
FF, Volume 2

FF, Volume 2

(FF (2011) (Collected Editions) #2)

The War of Four Cities escalates, and we learn what it is that the FF fears most! The Future Foundation is caught in the middle as the war expands to encompass the entire Marvel Universe! Plus: Black Bolt is back and is determined to reclaim his throne. Ben Grimm returns to the pages of the FF as Ronan the Accuser and the armies of the Kree empire invade the earth! A Galac ...more
Published February 8th 2012 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about FF, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about FF, Volume 2

Start your review of FF, Volume 2
Terence
Oct 24, 2015 rated it liked it
At the conclusion of Realm of Kings Black Bolt was missing and presumed dead. Guess who's back?
description

So this volume of FF was hijacked by the continuation of the Inhumans story Realm of Kings. Why Marvel didn't allow the story to finish with its own title is beyond me, but I'm glad the story was told somewhere. I have to imagine FF fans weren't pleased with two entire issues dedicated to Black Bolt's return and the Inhumans.

So Black Bolt's back and he's ready to return to Earth, perhaps because he h
Donovan
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
My least favorite volume in the series. Heavy on Inhumans and little FF involvement until the last two issues.

This is probably why I haven't read any Inhumans. Such convoluted mythology. The Supremor, whose metagenesis plan succeeds, destroys nearly all the genesis worlds once he freaks out and discovers that he's fallible and one of his own creations will kill him.

Now there's total war that I can't even keep track of. Inhumans versus Inhumans versus Earthlings versus...?
Artemy
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
Dull, dull Inhumans hijack this volume of FF. Who likes those guys? I don't. But they show up and completely steal the spotlight from the Future Foundation. Not cool, Hickman. Not cool.
Mike
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Nice bit of mythology Hickman & co make at the start of this book, what with metagenesis as the forebearer of all these weird races that swirl around the Marvel U. (Dunno how much of this has already been thought of and how much is Hickman's invention, but it's the first I've seen of it.)

Tocchini's art in the first couple of chapters is hard to 'read' - not sure if recurring costumes & faces are meant to be the same person or it's just because he doesn't draw all that clearly.

I haven't kept up w
Jesse A
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Probably the weakest volume of this whole run but partially because it has a lot to do with Inhumans and my knowledge of them is limited, at best.
Sam Quixote
It seems Marvel are aiming to make more and more of their stories, both on the page and on the silver screen, more cosmic, more spacey and "FF2: The Supremor Seed" is no different. It starts with a lot of mythology about Black Bolt, a kind of cheesily-dressed villain who is nonetheless credited as one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe. He lives on the Moon, has 5 wives, and doesn't speak. He's raised an army of Inhumans and is invading Earth along with a bunch of alternate u ...more
Peter Derk
Mar 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
The first volume in this series started out pretty good. We have the Fantastic Four, minus Human Torch, plus Spider-Man. We also have a bunch of Reed Richards-ses that come from other dimensions, all of whom decided at some point to abandon their families in order to do what's best for the world, which kind of means they lost any anchor to emotional reality and therefore became a group of dangerous sociopaths.

I can dig it.

Then we have the second volume.

The phrase "a lot going on" can either be r
Nicolo Yu
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: collected-comics
What's not to like? Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four was the first time that the writer's biggest plans was able to come to fruition and this volume is an important component of the story. It proves that the Fantastic Four is the franchise that gave birth to the Marvel universe and that Marvel's plans for its own slate of movies are severely hampered with the FF rights in the hands of Fox.
Bill
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Some interesting twists in this volume, but it definitely requires knowledge of the history of the Fantastic Four, their allies and enemies, for a good deal of this to make sense. That said, these stories finally reveal much of the long-mysterious history of the Inhumans and their Kree creators, along with some rather good fight scenes and character interactions. It's especially cool that not just major characters like Reed, Sue, and Black Bolt get their moments to shine -- we also see character ...more
RG
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Hickmans run had been swimming along nicely until this volume. We get a few issues purely on the Inhumans and they weren't very strong. It feels a little more like a setup for things to come. Heres hoping this was just a one off.
Timo
Aug 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
Boring prancing around galaxy with Inhumans. Almost every time I find Inhumans to be just like that. Boring and prancing. I know they are part of what Fantastic Four is, but they just should be left to be in that blue area of moon and forgotten there.
James DeSantis
The first FF volume was super well done, and while 2 is bigger and more explosive, it loses some of the charm the first volume had.

This one we see a lot of the Inhumans. You know, that crazy bunch who nobody seems to like but Marvel pushed for years to get into the spotlight. So yeah, they arrive to help (?) Reed stop the evil Reeds. At the same time we get a somewhat conclusion for Doom here and his mission. We see that Reed's pops isn't maybe telling the whole truth. We see our Reed finally c
Shannon Appelcline
An Inhuman History (6-7). Hickman’s stories occasionally go really big picture, and that’s the case here, as we get two entire issues focused on the Inhumans and pretty big movements by the Inhumans and Kree alike. Even without the actual FF, they're great, because they provide a history for the Universal Inhumans and tie everything in to the War of Kings, where the Inhumans were last used [8/10].

The Big Battle (8-9). And after a bit of downtime, we get some big-screen action as the Inhumans and
Aaron
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this volume, but a lot of me wonders if anyone would enjoy it who hadn't been following all the Cosmic Marvel stuff for the past few years. The War of Kings and parts of the Thanos Imperative play a major part in the arcs here, and the information from those arcs is just kind of mentioned without any real setup for readers who might be unfamiliar with it. Even though I've read all of that stuff, it took me a second to remember what had happened in those storylines.

That said, onc
Jacobi
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: trades-read
The most surprising thing about this volume? It solidifies how natural Spidey fits in the FF's corner of the Marvel-U.
Melissa
It was odd to see the series focus so much on the Inhumans, who I find more interesting by far than the Fantastic Four, but who are not actually part of any groups whose initials are FF. I haven't figured out what this series is supposed to be about. I presumed going in that it was about the Future Foundation, but in this collection it's mostly about a lot of people who are not in the FF. It was chaotic at times trying to keep track of all the characters in panels full of Alpha Primitives, Reed' ...more
Christian Zamora-Dahmen
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very mature and interesting take on the Fantastic Four. The characters do resonate in unexpected ways and they're still true to who they are. The one thing I can't figure out is how people managed to follow such a story in a monthly basis. The subtleties of the arc would get entirely lost with such long hiatuses.
Anyway, my one only complaint is that Hickman's stories get a bit dense sometimes and not everything makes sense or gets rightfully explained. Five wives for Black Bolt? Seriou
James Lawner
This was still pretty good, but the inclusion of the Inhumans and the Kree kinda took away from the Future Foundation, and I don’t know if this is the direction this series should take. Also, this is apparently spoilers for some storyline that happened, but it is explained here, but I still don’t fully grasp it. Also, the artwork in those Inhumans explainer issues were not great.
Russell
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I had no clue where I left off. However, I sunk back in pretty easily.

SC Writer Hickman is great like always. I am very curious for what is next.
Pablo
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Jeremy
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's enjoyable. Not as much as the first, but it's definitely building up to something big. 4/5.
Josh Fish
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I still don't know what Dr. Doom's powers are.
Colm
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Relentless storytelling. Absolutely gripping. Completely impossible to put down.
Matt
Apr 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Collects FF issues #6-11

It would be near impossible to have a good understanding of what is happening in this book if you read it as a stand alone volume, however it is a good continuation for readers that started at the beginning of Hickman's Fantastic Four run.

The first issue in this volume doesn't even feature the FF, as it is meant to bring readers up to speed on the Inhumans and the return from the dead of (SPOILERS) Black Bolt.

Spoilers:

-Why does Black Bolt have five wives now? Does he eve
Zack! Empire
Well, here we are volume two of the Future Foundation. As you may recall the previous volume ended on a cliffhanger, and this collection begins with two issues that explain how the other half of a group in the conflict at the end of volume got to where they are in the story. While I was reading it I couldn’t help but think how pissed off I would be if I had to read not one, but two issues, before the story got back on track. This is one of the reason’s I like to wait for trades. Things like tha ...more
Fizzgig76
Reprints FF (1) #6-11 (September 2011-December 2011). Black Bolt has survived! Now the Inhuman leader is taking the Inhumans back to Earth. As the Future Foundation prepares to go after the Reeds from multiple universes, they find themselves teamed with villains to do it. The battle for the Forever City is on and the FF must succeed. If the FF does succeed, what plans do the Kree have for Earth as they mobilize their army?

Written by Jonathan Hickman and illustrated by Greg Tocchini (FF (1) #6-7)
Gene Kannenberg Jr
Collecting issues #6-11 of the first run of the title FF (which temporarily replaced Fantastic Four), this book continues a cosmic epic begun in who knows which other comics, Fantastic Four or otherwise. Briefly: The Future Foundation (the remnants of the Fantastic Four after the Human Torch has died, plus Spider-Man, plus Dragon-Man, plus Reed Richards' father, plus Reed and Sue's children, plus assorted other younger characters) team up with a bevy of their greatest villains (including Doctor ...more
Ottery StCatchpole
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Drown Hollum
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superhero
Hickman's triumphant Fantastic Four story slows down a bit for me here. The first two issues are boldly dedicated to Black Bolt and the political landscape of cosmic Marvel, past and present. While it's relevant to the events that Hickman has set up, it's a real speed bump for the momentum he's spent so much time building. The art in these first few issues is simple but effective, and they are relatively breezy in comparison to usual FF standards, but it almost feels like a whole different book. ...more
Eric England
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
FF Volume Two by Jonathan Hickman, Greg Tocchini, Barry Kitson, and Steve Epting is an excellent collection that pushes forward Hickman's larger Fantastic Four story. The genus of this collection is that, while it is a fragment of a whole, it is a satisfying fragment in its own right. If one thinks about this collection as a section of a grander serialized novel then it is clear that the theme of this portion is the rebirth of the Kree Supreme Intelligence. While other plot threads are advanced, ...more

• Thor: God of Thunder, Volume 3: The Accursed
  • Thor, Volume 2: Who Holds the Hammer?
  • Fantastic Four: World's Greatest
  • X-Men: Grand Design - X-Tinction
  • The Mighty Thor, Volume 3: The Asgard/Shi'ar War
  • Venom by Donny Cates, Vol. 1: Rex
  • The Mighty Thor, Volume 4: The War Thor
It’s no small thing to die and be born again.

After a certain amount of time you get tired of wasting talent. Of being part of a fraudulent profession — or actually being a fraud. And, most importantly, not living the life you are capable of having.

I remember the first night I went out with my wife. It was raining, she was beautiful… it was a normal, ordinary, intentionally uneventful, date. But at

FF (2011) (Collected Editions) (4 books)
  • FF, Volume 1