Start by marking “I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service and Faith” as Want to Read:
I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service and Faith

I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service and Faith

In a day of iPods and MySpace, when adolescents can seem self-serving and self-absorbed, the powerful story of the life of BJ Higgins proves that things can be otherwise. BJ's life was one of passionate service to God and to other people. He even inspired Bart Millard, lead singer of Mercy Me, to write and record a song to honor him. After a six-week battle with an infecti ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about I Would Die for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Would Die for You

Victoria
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I have two main issues with this book.
Firstly, I don't think dying from an infection qualifies one as a martyr, even if the infection was contracted while on a mission trip.
Secondly, I don't understand the emphasis on Satan and his power. We can't know or understand Satan's purpose or actions any more as we can understand God's, and I just don't think Satan is as powerful as this book makes him out to be. It just really bothered me while reading it.
Regardless, BJ seems to have been a wonderful
Danae
Jul 27, 2011 added it
amazing book! its more than inspiring, its a battle cry. bj higgins is an amazing guy and i cant wait to meet him in Heaven! i highly recommend this book!
Chuck Abbe
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is more than just a book about a young man with a vision for missions. It is a clarion call for the American church to more fully commit to service to our fellow man. BJ was a young man with an incredible passion for sharing Christ with the nations. He served two mission tours to Peru and would probably have gone to North Africa next, but in between trips he served in his community. His story is told by his parents, family and friends, but the largest portion of the text is taken from his o ...more
Amanda
My friend had a copy of this book when we were on a mission trip in Malawi. I picked it up while we were there. It was interesting, but I remember the theology being a little wonky or heavy handed. It was good for what it was. Don't trust me. I read it almost ten years ago.
Lacy Lovelace
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Every Christian and Non-Christian should own this book! I found out about this book through reading the back of it at Hastings. It is a VERY inspirational story that will motivate you to follow Christ or to have a stronger relationship with the Lord if you are already a Christian.

Brent and Deanna Higgins are the parents of BJ Higgins and they have written the first half of the story in a way that helps you understand the steps to becoming a strong Christian. Really, this is shown throughout the
Katie W
Nov 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful story of a young man named BJ Higgins who knew God from a very young age and even then knew what it meant to experience God’s love and truth, and also knew what it meant to live for God with passion and love and to share that with others. The knowledge and insights he gained from his relationship with God are profound and inspiring. (I highly recommend that you read this book for yourself. I learned a lot from his words and his life.)

He died at the age of 15 after returning fr
Jessica Halt
Sep 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
Definitely not what I expected...and since it is mostly just a hodge-podge of journal entries, web blog postings, and Bible verses, with some story-line to connect it all, it was a struggle to get through some chapters. There wasn't quite enough about this BJ kid in the beginning for me to care enough to scrutinize his every journal entry, etc. and came across a bit like, my kid was a better Christian than you. I know that wasn't their intentions and the end was good, but it made it a struggle f ...more
Christine
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In the beginning it was a struggle. It took me almost a month to get through the first several chapters. But I don't think it had to do with the writing as much as my heart. As I continued there were so many things that really forced me to think about my walk with the Lord. Over the past two days I am seeing changes not only in my reading of the Bible but my prayer life as well. And like him when I see the growth I feel the battle. This book was both convicting and encouraging.
Amanda
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This Book is truly inspiring to me as a Christian. This boy BJ Higgins was an amazing person who did so many good things with his life and really understood what life was all about. He knew what love was and he was never a negative person because he always knew God was watching out for him. His tragic death brought me to tears, but his legacy will live in forever.
Kimberly
Apr 21, 2012 rated it liked it
The story itself of BJ is wonderful. I just did not like the way it was written. I didn't like every other paragraph being something they pulled off the blog. I wish they would have just written BJ's story then put the comments.
We should all aspire to be like BJ.
Christy
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book was amazing. I am reminded of what true faith in God is all about through BJ's story. In his short life, He accomplished more than what most Christians accomplish in their entire lives. To have faith like that is what we as Christians should strive for in our lives every day.
Morgan
Mar 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this book to anyone. it's very, very touching and a great spirtual book. this really helped me to strengthen my faith with Christ. it's a biography about a 16 year old boy and his heart for Christ. he died when he was only a teen and he was an amazing person.
Caleb
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story of a passionate servant of God. BJ Higgins. A child who "Got it" about God's Word and the plans He has in store for us. Not only did he read the Bible daily, but he practiced what it said. Pursuing God and realizing his need for grace.
Deanna
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, bios-and-mems
What an amazing life that was lived in just 15 years, such proof that God is in control of everything and every situation we face, and that He knows our dreams and our intimate thoughts! I felt such a peace reading this book, I highly recommend it to anyone!
Christi Brewster
May 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book contains journal entries, blogging, emails and comments from many. It is a different kind of book. I enjoyed seeing what a young person could do - but a tragic death took him early. Very inspiring to be proactive with your faith.
L.N. Cronk
Oct 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books of all time! I love it and would highly recommend it to everyone!
BookLionQueen
Aug 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-and-read
It was a very good story of a young man loving Christ.
Kyra
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring book.
Sal
Apr 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
A great, but sad, story to remind people that age is irrelevant when it comes to living your purpose and making an impact.
Anne
Jul 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Good example and role model. A little choppy to read due to excerpts from friends, journal entries, life information.
Mark
Oct 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Convicting book about the passion and courage of a young man.
Becca
May 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I love this book! What I found so amazing about it was that B.J. is just a kid, but had a passion for God and God used him in amazing ways. Definitely convicting and inspiring. A must read.
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
most spiritually-challenging book I've read in a long time - what a life of PASSION...unyielding faith and courage...BJ is my new hero!!
Linda Phillips
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very touching . . . Great remidner to live your life for God and not yourself. Amazing Christian young man whos legacy has just begun.
David Kless
May 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
BJ Higgins' story is inspirational. As you read and after, be sure to follow the PrayforBJ blog - it's still maintained by his parents.
Ryan Reach
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Getting a glimpse into BJ's thoughts through his journal entries and seeing how God used him to touch so many lives was amazing.
Susanna
Mar 21, 2012
Alex
Jan 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Night of the Living Dead Christian: One Man's Ferociously Funny Quest to Discover What It Means to Be Truly Transformed
  • Bringing the Gospel Home: Witnessing to Family Members, Close Friends, and Others Who Know You Well
  • Quarks, Chaos & Christianity: Questions to Science And Religion
  • Jesus Freaks: Stories of Revolutionaries Who Changed Their World: Fearing God, Not Man
  • Don't Waste Your Life Study Guide
  • The New Answers Book 1: Over 25 Questions on Creation/Evolution and the Bible
  • Jesus Culture: Living a Life That Transforms the World
  • The God of All Comfort
  • City on Our Knees
  • The Unexpected Adventure: Taking Everyday Risks to Talk with People about Jesus
  • Soul Revolution: How Imperfect People Become All God Intended