Start by marking “Summer Desserts (Great Chefs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Summer Desserts (Great Chefs, #1)

Summer Desserts (Great Chefs #1)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  3,173 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews

Could a cordon bleu chef be a junk-food addict? The more Blake Cocharan learned about Summer Lyndon, dessert chef extraordinaire, the more intrigued he became-and the more determined he was to hire her. Blake wanted the Best, and Summer looked extremely good to him. Her superb credentials were icing on the cake.

Summer was accustomed to traveling around the world, creating

Published September 15th 2011 by Silhouette Special Releases (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Desserts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Desserts

Marisa Sauco
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡Me encantó! ¡Es hermosa! ❤
Leer a Nora Roberts SIEMPRE es un PLACER. Conocedora, como pocas, del género romántico, tiene esa magia especial que hace que adores, irremediablemente, todas sus historias de amor y a todos sus personajes.
Su pluma es exquisita, y sus historias te seducen y te atrapan desde sus primeras páginas.
Sin duda, es una de mis escritoras favoritas. ❤
Erika
"We'll be working together for a specific purpose," she went on smoothly. "But we're two different people with two very different outlooks. You're interested in a profit, naturally, and in the reputation of your company. I'm interested in creating the proper showcase for my art, and my own reputation. We both want to be successful. Let's not cloud the issue."
"That issue's perfectly clear," Blake countered. "So's this one. I want you."
"Ah." The sound came out slowly. Deliberately she reached for
Ronna
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
This book was not for me. I was hoping for a light romance with a little substance, but it was more a lust for food and lustful romance. More sex than loving relationships. Though if that is what you're looking for, the book was written fairly well.

Summer Lyndon, super chef who commands respect and large payments for her delectable treats, is hired by Blake Cocharan, successful hotel owner, to super class his hotel restaurants. The attraction is immediate and goes through some issues before all
Saly
This book was full of food analogies which is only fair considering that the heroine was a famous dessert chef, the hero a businessman that wanted her to work for his business. I didn't really enjoy the romance much, the heroine didn't believe in romance only in her work while the hero fell for quick and strategized to win her over.
Joana Americano
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book, full of food and romance!
Madalena
2.5/5*
Melodie
A famous,temperamental pastry chef and a hotel tycoon square off in one of Nora Roberts' romances from the 1990's.Summer Lyndon is an artist. Her edible works of art are coveted the world over.Blake Cocharan, scion of a hotel dynasty is very used to getting exactly what he wants. And he wants Summer Lyndon. Summer can admit to an attraction to Blake, but long term commitment to a personal relationship is more than she can stomach.So the inevitable game ensues.
There are very few authors that ca
Maria
Aug 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
whenever i read a nora roberts book i get immediatly sucked in, and this was the same, although not as bad as the bride quartet! i reaally loved the whole merry-go-round metaphor and how Blake was so sweet with her. I really didn't like how full of themselves both Blake and Summer were, but i guess that was part of the appeal. As always nora roberts adds a little angst, but it was good, and i think i definitly liked Blake better than Summer, since he was such a romantic and optimist, while Summe ...more
⚜️Trea
Sep 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: challenges-2014
I wasn't that impressed with this book. While it could be set in contemporary times, there were little signals that it was set in what was contemporary for its time of writing. I felt the heroine was too self absorbed, making it very hard to connect with her. The hero, while wealthy, was very single minded and also self absorbed to a degree. Yet, we're supposed to believe that they come out of their absorption long enough to fall in love? Didn't ring true for me and the hasty wedding at the end ...more
L F
Dec 31, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Big disappointment.

This book is so vague that even the generalities are hidden. The plot is absolutely translucent. I kept thinking that something would happen to save this book, but it continued to the end to be a pre teen level book with no plot, using adjectives and adverbs to fill up the page. This book is a total waste of time to read. Pick up another book to read because this book does not have one saving grace.
Michele
Jun 04, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I put this book down after about 35 pages. I tried my best to ignore how pompous and arrogant the main characters were, but just couldn't. I would have preferred a more small town feel, and that says a lot considering I am from Philly (where the book is based). Wasn't my favorite, Roberts let me down tremendously with this one.
Brenda Margriet
I liked how Summer was so unapologetically melodramatic...she has an artistic temperament, is a genius at what she does, and isn't ashamed of that. Deserves her reputation.

Blake was a bit boring, really. He and Summer were interesting, and he certainly new how to handle her but thought he was kind of stodgy on his own. Which is was supposed to be, but still.

Good standard NR fare.
Mae
May 19, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I couldn't get past the smug superiority of both the main characters. I gave it a few chapters, but when I found myself wanting to throw them both off a balcony, or set them on fire with one of those blowtorches they use in a kitchen, I gave up. Arrogant, annoying and frankly uninteresting. Bleh.
Tiffany
This book was just o.k. for me. I didn't care too much for the two main characters. They were prideful and arrogant when it came to their work. They were both a little work obsessed. They were both smokers which I don't find appealing in characters at all. The plot of the story I liked if I would have liked the characters.
Mafi
Eu já tinha achado o 2º da duologia fraco mas este foi mesmo para cortar os pulsos com um esparguete! LOL achei tudo muito sem sal, personagens sem química, a escrita não me prendeu. Não gostei.
Carly Ellen Kramer
While this book ended rather abruptly, I enjoyed the characters. I also enjoyed learning a bit about gourmet desserts!
Twist
Wow! This book is such a complimentary mix of professional, personal, elegant and down to earth.

Summer is elegant and it shows in her words and thoughts. She is used to the best, and has made herself into the best, and she knows it, but she isn't overly conceited about it. Blake is professional and knows how to get what he wants. He is a little arrogant, but he really likes Summer, and is willing to try just about anything, for her.

Summer doesn't believe in marriage. She believes in affection th
Sandynow
Me encanta Nora Roberts, sus historias siempre son agradables de leer. A mí no me molestan los personajes arrogantes, al contrario, me divierten, y estos en particular tienen varias facetas, me gustaron mucho Summer y Blake.
Sin embargo el libro es flojo en otros sentidos. Me parece que hacia el final se debilita la historia, creo que el cierre hubiera podido tener más impacto.
También me hubiera gustado un epílogo, para saber qué paso con el restaurante.
Creo que el final es un poco abrupto y f
Gabriella Cseh
Jun 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mit is írhatnék… Kezdetben komoly fájdalmaim voltak olvasás közben. Amikor minden harmadik mondatban szerepel a „vágy” szó, és folyamatosan izzik a két főszereplő között a levegő, akkor izzadni kezdek az erőlködéstől, hogy ne hagyjam abba az olvasást. Mivel azonban egy hős vagyok, kibírtam anélkül, hogy feladjam.
Tudtam én, hogy nem tartozom a full-romantikus regények szerelmesei közé és soha nem is fogok, de ez az olvasás megerősített ebben.
VISZONT mindennek ellenére azt kell mondanom, hogy Nora
Lisbeth Zabihi
I bedste Barbara Cartland- stil. Super sød - ja nærmest klistret sød - og uden de store overraskelser. Smuk pige møder smuk mand. Store egoer støder sammen. Rør rundt i kageskålen og vupti, ud kommer den store kærlighed.

Jeg må konstatere, at jeg holder af Nora Roberts når hun skriver spændingsromaner med et tvist af kærlighed, men er knap så begejstret når det hele handler om sødladen kærlighed. (Klister klister).
Elgyn
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Hrdinka je úžasně nadaná (a otravná) cukrářka. Nicméně si nejsem jistá, že zrovna tohle je dostačující kvalifikace k tomu, aby pozvedla a řídila hotelovou kuchyni.

kapitola 11
Čekala, až si obleče slipy. Měly tmavě modrou barvu, v pase i na stehnech byly hodně vykrojené. Velmi sexy, pomyslela si, a velmi diskrétní. Zvláštní, jak zcela náhodné věci mohou odrážet osobnost.
Až tak? ;-)
Carla Marques
Um livro de Bolso que se lê num instante, pois a história é muito gira.
Apesar de não ter gostado muito da personagem feminina, achei que era ligeiramente arrogante, mas adorei a personagem masculina, super divertida,desafiante e muito directa.
Opinião completa em: http://aviciadadoslivros.blogspot.pt/...
Deborah Herrera
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple beach read. Served its purpose and what I was looking for.
Marjo
Maybe 1.5 star. Still better than volume 2 of this duology, but the story benefits from judicious skipping.
Cláudia Martins
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mais um livro da Nora engraçado, é claro que os livros dela seguem quase sempre a mesma lógica, um romance com história, mas acho curioso a temática que ela aborda em cada livro.
Shannon
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: borrowed
Skipped most of the book. Read the cooking parts.
Phylisha Stone
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical Nora Roberts = feisty female and a man's man with a restaurant setting.
Desty
Saya tertarik untuk membaca ebook ini tentu saja karena nama besar Nora Roberts. Di samping itu, novel ini merupakan seri pertama dari Great Chef karya Nora Roberts. Novel ini sendiri sudah diterjemahkan oleh Gramedia Pustaka Utama dalam serial Languange of Love, dengan judul Manisnya Cinta. Dan saya tidak rugi, karena ceritanya memang cukup menarik untuk dibaca.

Novel ini bercerita tentang a cordon bleu chef bernama Summer Lyndon. Dia adalah seorang chef pembuat makanan penutup yang terkenal. Sa
Lucie Paris
Dec 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reactions:
Impressive mastery! Nora Roberts was able to build all of her novel on the attraction between Blake and Summer. It was so well put together that the story, the setting or the events become secondary. The author manages to lead his reader by the nose ... She manages to capture and keep the attention of her assistance just by describing in a fair, poignant and vivid words the feelings that are born, grow and flourish between the main characters.

From the first pages, the reader falls unde
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Ini adalah buku pertama dari 2 buku yang ditulis NR dengan topik yg sama yaitu tentang kuliner dan Chef.
Summer adalah chef hidangan penutup, orang rela membayar mahal untuk menikmati bombe buatannya yang sangat terkenal itu.
Keunikan dari Summer saat dia melakukan proses pembuatan hidangan penutupnya adalah music pengiring yang wajib diputarkan, yaitu music gubahan Chopin.
Blake mendiskripsikan Summer Lyndon sebagai wanita yang cantik, sedikit manja karena cara pengasuhan dan kesuksesan yanng dir
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • After The Music
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • Christmas with Her Boss
  • The Bad Luck Wedding Cake (Bad Luck Brides, #2)
  • 26 Hours in Paris (International Affairs #1)
  • Life's a Beach (Hawaii Heat, #1)
  • The Duke's Boardroom Affair (Royal Seductions, #4)
  • His Hired Baby (Safe Harbor Medical, #2)
  • The Sweetest Thing: A San Francisco Romantic Adventure (Destination Love Stories, #1)
  • Impetuous
  • Prince Charming M D
  • Seeing Red (Firefighter, #3)
  • Crossing the Line (Without a Trace, #0)
  • The Playboy & Plain Jane (Dynasties: The Barones #1)
  • One Night with Hemsworth (One Night Series, #1)
  • Warrant (Righteous Outlaws MC, #1)
  • Edwardian Cooking: 80 Recipes Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals
More about Nora Roberts...

Great Chefs (2 books)
  • Lessons Learned (Great Chefs, #2)
“I want you more than I should," she heard herself say. "I have you less than I want.” 12 likes
“It does not make you less of a woman to need a man. To need one to exist, yes, this is nonsense. To need one to give one scope and importance, this is dishonest. But to need a man, one man, to bring joy and passion? This is life” 12 likes