Start by marking “Birbirimize Söyleyemediğimiz Onca Şey” as Want to Read:
Birbirimize Söyleyemediğimiz Onca Şey

Birbirimize Söyleyemediğimiz Onca Şey

Düğününden birkaç gün önce, Julia babasının sekreterinden bir telefon alır. Önemli bir iş adamı olan babası Anthony Walsh törene katılamayacaktır. Her zaman mesafeli ve sorunlu bir ilişkileri olduğundan, Julia bu habere pek de şaşırmaz, ancak bu kez babasının mazereti haklıdır: Anthony Walsh ölmüştür.
Cenazenin ertesinde onu bekleyen bir sürpriz daha vardır. O güne kadarki
Published February 2010 by Can Yayınları (first published 2008)

Start your review of Birbirimize Söyleyemediğimiz Onca Şey
Mackey
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Everyone wishes for a second chance, more time, a do-over....just a few more days. What if you had the chance of a lifetime to have that wish come true?

Julia was just three days away from her wedding when she received a phone call that would change her life forever. However, nothing could prepare her for the greater surprise that came afterward! Thrusting her into a whirlwind of disbelief, travel around the world and ultimately on a quest to find a "ghost" from her past, whatever the final outco
Mia
May 16, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mia by: Costoletta
This is the kind of book you should approach knowing that it is not meant to change the future of literature. Very simple written, very simple story (even if with a little twist in the ending, but it doesn't really change much of the story) and you know how it is going to end from the very start of the book.
But Marc Levy sends a message - a very deep one. The story may be simple, the writing even simpler, but this doesn't change the fact that the message is not simple at all.
The relationship bet
Scotchneat
Nov 01, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Writing level at "learn to become a writer at home" quality and the plot twist is rather absurd.

I hate it when I accidentally stumble into Harlequin territory.
Deanna
Feb 01, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I usually don’t star rate books I don’t finish. But with this one I feel I ought to be warning people, since I found nothing recommendable here.

The protagonist is in nonstop whine-bitch-moan mode. I think she’s meant to be at least late 20’s. But as a character her maturity level has to be 14-17. There’s no substance there to redeem this woman-child, to make her remotely interesting. She’s a stereotyped spoiled only kid expecting a big inheritance, though that fact is background info. It doesn’
d.a.v.i.d
A story about relationships. And about lost opportunities to communicate.

Between parent and child. Men and women. Men and men. Women and women. Parent and Parent.

At its' core, a very nice love story.

By a popular and current French writer.
Aline
Oct 10, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Shelves: romance
I read it yesterday night and this morning, as fast as I could. Not beacause I liked it, but because I wanted to get rid of it as fast as I could!
Like all Marc Levy's novels, it was full of clichés and of silly romantism. It was really boring until page 300 or so, when a little bit of action came into the story. But, even like that, I didn't enjoyed it much. Anthony Walsh, who was rather funny and ironic in the first pages, becomes really sentimental in the end, which was a real shame, because i
Vicky
Apr 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporains
I keep buying Marc Levy's novels because they're nice and cute, nothing more. They're an easy read, they don't required much concentration so are perfect for those times in life when you are more busy than you can handle and need an easy escape. I'll never reread them but I always lend them.

This particular one was a fun read, it is full of humour. Suspension of belief is a requirement, if you're not willing to go along with anything out of the ordinary, then don't bother you won't enjoy it. I'm
Mahoghani 23
A love between a parent and a child can easily get distorted as they both get older. In this story, Julia is estranged from her father, Anthony, and is about to get married when she gets the phone call that he's dead. A few days after the funeral, she receives a large crate and the story begins!

It funny, emotional and heartwarming about a father trying to make amends for the wrong he's done. The author writes the story in a way that exposes the past mistakes made by both, Julia and her dad along
miaaa
Dec 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to miaaa by: Iyut
Shelves: fictions-others
As a daughter who actually quite no really close to her father, this book makes me smile, brings back all the good and sad memories in a sweet way.

No matter what the situations you're dealing with please call/talk to those you care about and tell them that you love them regardless whatever they've done to you in the past. Hey somehow you've certainly hurts others without even aware about it!

Witty and cheerful, especially the killer queen -Stanley- who lives up the story I think it's better than
This book is all about second chances. Julia is forced to postpone her wedding in order to have her father's funeral. They've been estranged for years. When "he" shows up in her apartment a few days later offering the chance to spend just a few more days together, she accepts hesitantly. The two of them then embark on a trip down memory lane. Julia is forced to remember painful memories about important relationships in her earlier years. She ends up with a chance to reconcile with not just her f ...more
Suze Lavender
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A few days before Julia's wedding she receives bad news, her father died and his funeral will be on the day she's supposed to get married. Julia can only postpone her big moment and after her father's funeral she goes back to work. When she comes home in the evening there's a crate waiting for her. Inside is her father, who's found a way to come back after his death trying to make amends. Julia and her father didn't have a close connection, but they have a week to change this.

Julia's father want
Kim
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julia and Thomas fell in love despite the social-economical, geographical, cultural, and linguistical differences. They were separated for 18 years, she thought he was dead, he thought she had a change of heart. When they saw each other again through series of serendipitous events, their love for each other was undeniably strong still, and that passion radiates beyond the pages of this book.

This book not only mesmerized the reader's mind, it also awakens the reader's unrealistic fantasies of a
Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)
Rayhana
a novel about father daughter love.
i loved it and enjoyed Levy writing style.
but the begining was so boring..
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars. When I started reading this, I thought there was going to be a lot of fluff, but it had more substance than I was expecting. Easy summer read. There was a lot of build up which made me feel that the end was abrupt compared to the rest of the book. All in all, I enjoyed it.
Alice 🌙
4/5 ⭐️
Aawww this book gave me all the feels!!!
Sue King
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ultimately charming

I had a few quibbles with certain plot devices/characters in this book, but overall it was a charming read. I want Stanley to have his own book!
 Natassia_trav
"All Those Things We Never Said" is the title of a novel written by one of the most famous French writers of today, Mark Levy. The book was previously published in French, titled "Toutes ces choses qu'on non s'est pas dites", and in November 2017 it will be published in English. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher, AmazonCrossing, who sent it to me in exchange for an objective review, I've read it in a version intended for the UK market.

I have to admit that although the author records great su
Octabis
Nov 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, a great Levy book. The one you read in a couple of hours, the one you want to know the end of it. But you still don't want to read it too quickly, because you don't want to book to end.
Without knowing, I read it at the perfect moment : 20th birthday of the Berlin wall fall.
A story that brings us from America to Europe, and back and forth.
Defintitly to read !
Pamela
Sep 17, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This book was pure drivel. I skimmed through it quickly. The characters were nothing amazing; mind you I loved the friendship between Julia and Stanley. However, the explanation for Julia's father being around was absolutely ludicrous! All I kept thinking was "Give me a break!" and "She is so stupid!" I don't recommend this book to anyone. Skip it. ...more
Liana
Apr 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
These are, quite frankly, the dumbest, most weak-minded characters ever created. I have no sympathy for them because they just say and do incredibly stupid things. In addition to this, Levy devised their responses and reactions as completely unbelievable within the context of the story and true human interaction.

I liked PS From Paris, but this is a total miss.
Carmina Valdizán
This is a wonderful, simple, and yet profound book! After finished Irène by Pierre Lemaitre, I was looking for a book that will relax my mind (that’s another great book, but deeply disturbing), and I decided to gave this book a chance, it was the perfect choice. Coincidentally by another French writer.

This is a book about second chances.
AnnMarie
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! There was an early piece of the story that is very outside my realm of thinking, but I stuck with it and LOVED it! There was a fun twist at the end and I will surely be reading more by Marc Levy!
Trish R.

I loved this book and I hated it. I loved the story of Julia and he father Anthony. And I loved Thomas, her first love. And Stanley, her best friend. I even liked Adam, her fiancé. What I didn’t like was after all she went through trying to find Thomas (she thought he was dead) after 18 years apart, then finding him in Berlin, then going to bed with him, then leaving him and going back to New York to try to straighten out her life with Adam, I thought was totally ridiculous.

I think if you elimi
Joy  Cagil
Not bad but not good, also. I know this author is well-liked in France; however I couldn’t wrap my mind around this novel. It isn’t science fiction but it has elements in it from science fiction, and from recent history, and from reality. Now, this combination could prove to be a success, maybe from a different pen, but this one’s credibility became far out for me, especially the plot twist at the end.

In the beginning, the story started out all right, with the main character Julia, her boyfrien
Hannah
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Netgalley and AmazonCrossing for allowing me access to this book.

I found this book to be a solid 3.5 to 4 star quality throughout but oh boy the ending I would easily rate 5 stars with the amount of emotion and pulling at the heartstrings it causes, it nearly brought me to tears which is rarely achieved by any book. So in my view it's a great book if it can do all this, I just wish it did this in the whole book then I would have instantly rated it 5 stars.

As many other reviewers have
Phyllis
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-read, kindle, won
This is an intriguing novel about different forms of love and relationships – father/daughter, parent/child, friends, romantic love and first love. It’s a rather different plot that weaves around Julia, a young woman, with looks at her past and present relationships starting on what is supposed to be her wedding day but is instead her father’s funeral. After receiving an unexpected package from her father, she is sent on a journey of retrospection and understanding.
Kris Mayer
Julia is lumbering towards a marriage that she doesn't seem that enthusiastic about. The event gets sidelined by the death of her Father with whom she has a distant relationship.
After his death, an opportunity comes along for her to review some of the events from the past and gain more perspective and understanding of her Father.
It took a while to get going- but it was quite a good read. I quite enjoyed the story and gained a better understanding of the characters as the book developed.
Worth a l
Bianca Millien
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this right before finding out my dad wasn’t doing too well and finished a few months after he passed. The concept of things never said are showcased in so many different ways through different types of relationships in this novel. Makes one think about all the things you’ve never said for sure.
Wendy Hall-Duenez
We all wish we had a few more days with someone we loved after they’ve left us. Julia gets just that chance in this sweet story. A few more conversations with a father she felt wasn’t very present in life. This was a first for me by Mark Levy and I really enjoyed listening to it. I think Patrick would of liked me reading a French author. ❤️🙏🌵
YA Buddy Readers'...: All Those Things We Never Said, by Marc Levy - starting May 19th, 2018 5 10 May 22, 2018 06:06PM
Challenge Corner: All Those Things We Never Said, by Marc Levy - starting May 19th, 2018 5 3 May 22, 2018 06:06PM
décevant 2 12 Feb 04, 2014 04:23PM
Final 1 22 Dec 12, 2012 01:47PM

• The Bright Side of Going Dark
  • Five French Hens
  • A Happy Catastrophe
  • Sorry I Missed You
  • Los caracoles no saben que son caracoles
  • Que serais-je sans toi?
  • Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties
  • My Name is Anton
  • L'appel de l'ange
  • The Last Piece
  • The Survivor's Guide to Family Happiness
Marc Levy was born in France. When he turned eighteen, he joined the Red Cross, where he spent the next six years. In 1983, he created a computer graphics company based in France and the United States. Six years later, he co-founded an interior design and planning company with two friends; the company soon became one of the leading architecture firms in France.

At thirty-seven, Marc Levy wrote a st

News & Interviews

When it comes to the romance genre, second books can be a bit like second dates, can't they? You've had that great initial meet-cute with...
“It’s funny how we always search for reasons not to love—fear of suffering, fear of abandonment—but the love of life, oh, how much you can take for granted until you realize that, one day, you’re going to lose all of it.” 9 likes
“‎"Nada podrá sustituir nunca el contacto humano” 4 likes