Start by marking “Twilight Tales: A Collection of Chilling Poems” as Want to Read:
Twilight Tales: A Collection of Chilling Poems

Twilight Tales: A Collection of Chilling Poems

Kindle Edition
Published 2011 by Kuro Books

To ask other readers questions about Twilight Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twilight Tales

Start your review of Twilight Tales: A Collection of Chilling Poems
Meisha
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5
First off, the author sent this to me in exchange for an honest review. So big thank you to him!:)
I have to start by saying how impressed I was with how well written this was! The stories/poems were beautifully crafted but still easy to understand. I found the stories to be very Tim Burton-esque. Very gritty, dark and grim. If you’re looking for something short, easy and fun to read for the Halloween season (or better yet Halloween night) this is for you! I would honestly recommend this to
Zoe
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys smooth and fluid rhyming poetry...and a nice creepy tingle up the spine!
For those who've read Holden's first book Alice in Verse: The Lost Rhymes of Wonderland, the fluid rhyming scheme and clever lyrics of Twilight Tales will come as no surprise. Though Alice in Verse had its darker moments (The Mariner's Tale; The Walrus & the Carpenter Head Back), none can begin to hold a candle to the darker moments in this book, which begins with a set of deceptively "innocent" poems, ranging from the subtle and mournful (The Depths; La Llorona) to delightfully morbid and ...more
Kaitlyn Saunders
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
4.75 stars.
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway in return for a fair and honest review.
The only negative thing I found with the book was the subject matter of the first part. The poems (such as Mary Worth) are not very scary, unless you read them to a younger child, but the subject matter is too intense to read to a child. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's kind of how I see it. It's really just a small thing, and as the book goes on, the poems get much creepier!
Now that
J.T. Holden
Oct 27, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
As always, concerning my own work, it would be inappropriate for me to offer a review. I will, however, say that I am very proud of this book, and very impressed with the art by Andrew Johnson and Gene Kelly.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Best,

JTH
Becky
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was contacted by the author asking me to review this book, at first I will admit I turned it down, but agreed to read and review his 'Lost Rhymes of Wonderland', the author decided he might as well send both through so I ended up getting this one too, and I have to say I'm pleased he did.
I originally turned it down because I am a wimp and I don't like scary or spooky reads, and these sounded a little bit too dark for me and I'm not a huge fan of poetry anyway.
A couple of the poems were quite
Michelle
Feb 01, 2012 rated it liked it
I will be the first to admit that I don't read poetry of any form, but when the chance came to read Twilight Tales I thought I would give it a try. Granted it is poetry, but its 'chilling poems' so I was curious to see how poetry could be made 'chilling'.

It didn't take me long to read Twilight Tales but I found myself enjoying it. My first thoughts we how much I love the cover, it may be simple but it is very eye catching and I would defiantly stop and pick this up if it were in a shop to see
Star
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The author of Alice in Verse is back with Twilight Tales, a book of deliciously scary poems which will hit the spot whether it's Halloween or you just would like a good scare. Not really for younger children, the poems in Twilight Tales grip you tightly and crawl into your mind and soul. The illustrations only enhance the poems and their influence on the reader. Bravo! I look forward to much more from the author!!
Jadonne Liddell
I bought Alice in Verse because I was intrigued by the fact that someone would take on a myth and do such a great job of it. I think Lewis Carroll would be proud. I bought this book because of the trailer. Yes, a book trailer! Maybe that's nothing new for some, but for me its an innovation. If you haven't seen it, Youtube it. Its almost Halloween and this one is perfect for the occasion!
Amanda
Rachella Baker
Kim
Samantha Silver
May 21, 2013
Goodreads Authors...: Halloween Rhyming Poetry Book Trailer 2 224 Aug 30, 2018 01:14PM
YA LGBT Books: Sticking to My Principles 6 31 Apr 20, 2013 08:04AM
J.T. Holden is the author of three books of rhyming poetry: Alice in Verse: The Lost Rhymes of Wonderland ("A compilation of masterful original poetry" —The Children's Book Review), Twilight Tales: A Collection of Chilling Poems ("Filled with atmospheric rhymes...vivid images and palpable tension" —Foreword Reviews), and O The Dark Things You'll See! ("A delightfully dark sendup to Dr. Seuss's Oh ...more