Start by marking “The Quillan Games (Pendragon, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Quillan Games (Pendragon, #7)

The Quillan Games

(Pendragon #7)

The people of Quillan have lost control of their own future. Hosted by a strange pair of game masters, Veego and LaBerge, the Quillan Games are a mix of sport and combat. To triumph in the games is to live the life of a king. To lose is to die.
Bobby Pendragon realizes he must beat Veego and LaBerge at their own games. But the prize for winning the Quillan Games may be disc
Audio CD
Published May 16th 2006 by Brilliance Audio (first published May 16th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Quillan Games, please sign up.
Alex Cullison Firstly, this book is the 7th book in a series that involves traveling to different worlds, and so in this book, the character visits a world with a "…moreFirstly, this book is the 7th book in a series that involves traveling to different worlds, and so in this book, the character visits a world with a "death game" as a part of the society. And, as Marta stated, this book came out two years before the Hunger Games was first released.(less)

Start your review of The Quillan Games (Pendragon, #7)
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms
Complete 5 Golden Stars

description

BOOM! Surprise!

MacHale surly is the man of the last moments...
& this book Probably contains one big Turning Point, the Second Climax that push the story more to the edge, the Beginning of the End (or whatever you call it) of the whole saga.

Quillan is not one of my favourite territories, but "the Quillan Games" is one of my favourites in this epic journey through time & space!
Fabulous! Fantastic!
we are near the end & things getting serious & dark & more complicated! *Joker'
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Quillan Games (Pendragon, #7), D.J. MacHale
The Quillan Games is the seventh book in D.J. Machale's Pendragon book series. The book takes place after The Rivers of Zadaa and was released on May 16, 2006 in Canada and the US. The story takes place on a territory called Quillan, in the city of Rune, whose population live dreary lives under the rule of the megacorporation 'Blok'. Many people gamble on the eponymous games in hope of a better life; but may lose their lives, their families, or thei
Lauren
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I mean... wow. Once I started really reading, I flew through this book. I read 200+ pages in my last sitting alone and man, what a read. This book was so intense from start to finish, I can honestly say whenever I was reading I was on the edge of my seat.

So much happened in this book, but on the flip side, so much was introduced and shit was blown open left and right leaving me with way more questions than I could ever have answers for.

The last little bit of Bobby's journal definitely gave me so
Janeen-san
Nov 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pendragon lovers
Like always, the Pendragon series is full of twists and turns and good and evil. Espeically this one.
Book Seven; The Quillan Games.

Bobby travels through the flume to the territory of Quillan. What he sees there is not pretty: A company larger than the goverment called BLOK is controling everything. Litterally; everything.
BLOK creates thier own style and color of clothes, so people can only wear what BLOK gives them: black, dark green and grey. That's it. No more color.
Why can the people of Quill
Reeva
Oct 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spoilers!!!-----------

This would have been my favorite Pendragpn book. I loved the Quillan games. It made it so exciting and I couldn't wait for Bobby to compete and save the territory, but that never happened. Yes Bobby competed and Yes he won, but not really. Saint Dane that bastard had Winters under his thumb the whole time. She is so stupid I want to rip her head off. I just have to say the ending of this book made me so angry. I don't even want to read the next book, but I'm going to becaus
Nannah
This is the first time I have lost sleep worrying about what will happen in a book. I should have just read the whole thing and stayed up the whole night! Yeesh!

But this book is just amazing. This whole series is amazing. Each book goes to a new territory that has a problem and each problem is something we can all relate to. This book actually got me terrified--because its situation reminds me of what might happen if a huge company like Wal-mart takes over everything.

And the characters in this
Giselle
Still an excellent adventure.. but this one was a little violent for me. Also way too long. The descriptions are a tad excessive. Didn’t see that twist coming, but thank goodness for some questions being answered. Hobey-ho, next book!
Anne
Jan 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I started reading this series forever ago. Not even kidding. Remember those little leaflets of Scholastic books that you used to get in elementary school, which would prompt you to beg your parents for pocket money so you could order one? I'm pretty sure I bought the first 4 books out of one of those. Then stuff happened. Mostly, I bought other books instead. I read the next two from the library and then just didn't read the rest (I think this had something to do with the fact that I was reading ...more
Beth
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the high point of the series. It’s great.

It’s also the reason I started this reread in the first place - my memory of The Hunger Games being eerily similar to it - my memories of googling trying to find someone else who thought so (I was unsuccessful) - and that I remembered basically nothing else about it.

I found out a few things: this was a good series all along, and I see why my friends and I read it. Also, I don’t remember anything about The Hunger Games, which is a weird feeling.

S
Jordan
Jul 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"...he may find out what it means to be a traveler.", says the back of the book. Does he...? I guess we'll find out. :P

Still... just... awesome. Awesomer, in fact. I think that this is my favorite book of the series yet. It totally must be. Because. I. Am. Officially. Insane. Seriously. Lol.

I love Quillan because I hate it. Which sounds contradictary, but it really isn't. I hate clowns, so what's cooler to me than a place where clowns are mentioned/run into often? It's a truly freaky place- beli
Deviki
First off, I would like to apologize to myself and whoever is watching me read this series.....that I am so sorry i took too long to finish reading this book.

I did not do this on purpose, I had no choice...really!!. I have such a hectic month and I knew this book was impossible to read during that time. For a week I only managed to read 1 or 2 chapters while commuting to work and back. Thank god, this book is super intriguing and easy to get into....because reading this book in between all the
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Finally I managed to get my hands on a copy of this, took me too long. Picking up where Rivers of Zadaa left off The Quillan Games is fast paced and really gets your head spinning. Especially as more about the Travelers are revealed to Pendragon. As usual Saint Dane is up to something but you won't find out what until close to the end, which makes it that much better because no matter how much you guess his intent chances are you'll be wrong.
Julie
Aug 10, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another installment in the Pendragon series. This one is disheartening--but I think it is intended to be. I wouldn't recommend this book on its own--but as part of the series--you have to read it. The plot of Quillan isn't compelling--but the discoveries made in the broader story arch make the book worth the read.
Randall Foreman
Better than the others. Enjoyed the twist.
soph
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5* i really liked the worldbuilding and the pace on this one :D
BeeButBookish ♡
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this adventure Bobby is thrown in a nightmare only a twisted mind could concoct. On this territory built on gambles playing games could either win you riches or the worst fate imaginable and Bobby finds himself smack in the middle of it all and forced to do the impossible.
Aparajitabasu
Moving onto the next journal in the Pendragron saga is book #7 The Quillan Games . And the plot gets messed up.

Here is the summary:

Each new episode seems to raise the stakes of this action adventure series. In the seventh installment, Bobby Pendragon realizes that the Quillan Territory can be saved only by defeating game masters Veego and LaBerge in a fateful competition: Winning the Quillan Games could bring him a giant step closer to understanding the meaning of being a Traveler. Losing
Amanda
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."

^ I identify very strongly with this quote.

Also, let's just get it out of the way right now that I've been pronouncing the title of this book "The Killin Games" and it's given me a lot more giggles than it probably should.

This is the 7th book in D.J. Machale's Pendragon series, which revolves around Bobby Pendragon, the Traveler from Second Earth (there are three Earths cause we're just the most important territor
Kristen
First read: May, 2007
Re-read: July 22, 2014

Although this is technically a fantasy novel, the world of Quillan definitely has a dystopian feel. I absolutely love dytopians, but the one thing that I typically complain about is that the world wasn't developed enough. I love learning all about the worlds that dystopians are set in. What most people call an "info dump" I think of as a really interesting learning section. Fortunately, what DJ MacHale does best is world-building. And this world is incr
Luie Siegel
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 7th book in a 9 book series about a kid who is chosen to become a hero between worlds. The main character, Bobby Pendragon is someone who is traveling through space and time in order to stop the antagonist, Saint Dane from bringing chaos to all the worlds. In the Quillan Games, Pendragon travels to a world called Quillan in order to stop Saint Dane.

Throughout the whole series, which I enjoy a great deal, MacHale keeps all the characters dynamic and brings new surprises with every bo
Halley Hopson
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-rereads
Reread 2016

----------------

I definitely did not remember any of the plot twists from this book besides one that had begun to be revealed at the end of the previous book. I didn't recall really anything about Quillian; that territory reminded me strongly of a more psychotic hunger games situation.

The rules of Halla and the travelers have changed so many times on the last few books that I don't even know what to believe anymore. I am beyond excited to get to the next book because I don't even rec
Aakash Yadav
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It was a interesting read. I am now really very interested in the adventures of Bobby. The matter is turning serious. Mark Dimond, I really feel bad for him. Quillian was very strange planet with a little touch of earth. I likes the author's imagination. He is really very creative. This book was very amazing just like the last. Now everything depends on Mark Dimond.
Kevin
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably one of the best in the series so far. Leaves off with such a cliffhanger.
Molly
Nov 22, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't even finish the book. Maybe I'm just over this series. it seems to be the same old same old.
Matthew Alkire
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would completely recommend reading this book. It is action packed and great for anyone who likes fiction, science fiction, and action stories.
Josh Miller
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still a fantastic read after all these years. So many unexpected things happen it makes my head spin every time.
Nina
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
TLDR: If you thought the previous book was rough and tedious, keep reading, because starting this book, you won't regret it.

---------

I'm still not sure how I felt about this book. It started out excruciatingly slow, with mindless action that seemed to span several chapters (and felt like almost a fifth through the book) before Pendragon gets anywhere near finding out anything about the territory. Once he was finally captured by Blok and was made to compete in the games, the book had my attention
Maberan Potato
YES THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! It took a while, but I can finally say that this series deserved my love as a child and it is thus perfect and untouchable.

Seriously tho this series is getting serious! I like how it's not always the same thing either? As the characters age, the rules change and Saint Dane is getting some more depth. It's not always 'must stop X from doing Z' is what I mean. Sometimes SD' plot involve external stuff, and sometimes even Bobby is the trigger. It's different.

Bu
Abigail
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall this is my favorite book in the Pendragon series. It's interesting to see how Bobby operates on his own without back up for the first time. No allies and no answers, he has to navigate the new territory completely alone. Not to mention he's put into a position that means he has to fight for his life in the games. The Games are creatively written and their makers, Veego and LaBerge, are just as twisted as they are. Veego being sharp and cold in the face of them while LaBerge is insane and ...more
Colorbomb
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joseph Scheidemandel
3/4/12

Pendragon book 7: The Quillan Games

Pendragon, or rather the Pendragon series is a series of sci-fi fantasy books about a group of people called, “Travelers”, who possess the ability to travel to alternate dimensions through the use of strange other-worldly portals called Flumes. The lead character, Bobby Pendragon, leads the Travelers on their quest to defeat a demonic Traveler called, “Saint Dane”. This was, in my opinion the strongest entry so far. The setting is oft
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Travelers (Pendragon: Before the War, #1)
  • The Travelers: Book Two (Pendragon: Before the War, #2)
  • The Travelers: Book Three (Pendragon: Before the War, #3)
  • Lady Friday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #5)
  • Charlie Bone and the Hidden King (The Children of the Red King, #5)
  • Charlie Bone and the Red Knight (Children of the Red King, #8)
  • Charlie Bone and the Time Twister (The Children of the Red King, #2)
  • Superior Saturday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #6)
  • Charlie Bone and the Invisible Boy (The Children of the Red King, #3)
  • Lord Sunday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #7)
  • Grim Tuesday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #2)
  • Drowned Wednesday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #3)
  • Sir Thursday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #4)
  • Charlie Bone and the Castle of Mirrors (The Children of the Red King, #4)
  • Charlie Bone and the Beast (The Children of the Red King, #6)
  • Warriors: Ravenpaw's Path: Shattered Peace, A Clan in Need, The Heart of a Warrior
  • Mister Monday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #1)
  • Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1)
D.J. MacHale is a writer, director, executive producer and creator of several popular television series and movies.

He was raised in Greenwich, CT and graduated from Greenwich High School. While in school, he had several jobs including collecting eggs at a poultry farm, engraving sports trophies and washing dishes in a steakhouse...in between playing football and running track. D.J. then attended N

Pendragon (10 books)
  • The Merchant of Death (Pendragon, #1)
  • The Lost City of Faar (Pendragon, #2)
  • The Never War (Pendragon, #3)
  • The Reality Bug (Pendragon, #4)
  • Black Water (Pendragon, #5)
  • The Rivers of Zadaa (Pendragon, #6)
  • The Pilgrims of Rayne (Pendragon, #8)
  • Raven Rise (Pendragon, #9)
  • The Soldiers of Halla (Pendragon, #10)