Start by marking “Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless” as Want to Read:
Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless

Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless

Nationally syndicated columnist and sales trainer, Jeffrey Gitomer shows you how to convert "satisfied" customers into "loyal" customers.
Published June 12th 1998 by Wildcat Publishing Company

Jim
Mar 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: business
A funny story.

I am helping out a company where each employee when they start is given this book to read.

A salesperson when he started was asked by the owner " Do you think you can take care of my customers as described in this book? But before you answer, Understand if you can not, you will have more value to me working for my competitor than you will working for me."

This is why I am reading this book soon.

Jamie Latshaw
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I read this book as part of working towards a promotion within my company. While the style of the book was great (story telling, large font, tons of examples), the only conclusion I kept coming to was that Gitomer was a spoiled brat that stamped his foot when something didn't go his way until someone made it right. That is NOT how you get "good customer service". As much as I understand my job is to help and assist you when there is a problem, I will not put up with your temper tantrum. Grow up. ...more
Linda
Jan 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: professional
I will be purchasing a copy. Though the book has been out for a while, it still has some very practical ideas in it that I'm going to work on implementing in my company.
Timothy Aulph
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great information; especially, the 12 methods to deliver outstanding customer service. Seems like common sense but can be overlooked if not careful or if taken for granted. Also, a customer may be satisfied with your service, but, that doesn't mean they are loyal!

Other things that stood out:
(1) Earn loyalty by delivering memorable service consistently
(2) Your customer is more important than your boss; without loyalty, you could get fired by your real boss - the customer!
(3) Be extraordinary;
Mercer Smith
Nov 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Does this author have an editor? He directly quotes HIMSELF, with attribution, throughout the book. The formatting is horrifying. Why do all of the numbered lists end in a .5? Just use whole numbers.

While he does tell people what he believes the tenets of support should be, he fails to give them any “why” besides “customers pay your paycheck.” The excerpts in the book written by others are markedly better quality than the book as a whole.
Vignesh Kumar
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: highest-impact
Great Read

Valuable advice on how to treat customers and how it will change the business, A recommended read for all the customer centric businesses out there.
Ken
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow, i gotta say this book is quite the un-orthodoxed type. i'm sure glad i read it. Jeffrey has laid this book out very easy to read, i managed to finish it in about 2-3 days.. which is quite fast for me. He goes on to talk about the epidemic of bad customer service all around this planet. and how easy it is to start improving it, and as you go on to read this book, you find that jefrey has a knack for thinking outside of the box, something we as human beings tend not to do, we like to get use ...more
Oscar Romero
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a must for anyone that would want to not only learn what to do but also learn how to do it. Jeffrey did an amazing job at bringing up everything about how to take care of our customers and, better yet--what exactly is a customer.

I think, deep inside, we really tend to lose focus as to what a customer is and how we treat them. And it takes a wake-up call to not only make you reflect about what we do, but to make us change for the better. The proof will be when your customers let out t
Lee Ragans
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a book on sales... remember that. It has some general customer service application but if you are not in sales or work for a company that sells things many of the lessons are not appropriate for you. The score is my rating for me not a reflection of the Author's work. I do not believe in grading other authors. I hate people who think their score is a chance to grade me.

I will give the author one knock... the whole .5 thing. if he wants to list 12 things, he lists 1 to 11.5. As I write th
Elizabeth
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read book! The author is a little redundant at times but he's totally spot on with his observations and suggestions. He illustrates the importance of customer loyalty, how businesses are failing to gain loyalty, and what we as individuals can do to create loyalty. I felt very positive and empowered after reading this book; and I have already begun to use some of the techniques suggested.
Crystal Otto
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Customer Satisfaction is Worthless is a book I look at often and reference in conversations with business owners, marketing professionals, and those involved in strategic planning for organizations. I wouldn't go so far as to call this the 'bible', but it's a book you must read if you're looking to grow a customer service based business. After all, who wants to be satisfied ??? Don't we all want more than that for ourselves? Why wouldn't we want that for our customers as well?
Allyson Stallman
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the only book of his that I found beneficial. I've always stood by going above and beyond for the customer and making their experience memorable. Memorable is what results in a sale.

THIS is the book you need to read if you want to increase your sales. Forget Gitomer's Little Rainbow Collection.
Erica
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Invaluable and the perfect guide to those who need information quick and easy for a variety of audiences! Points are made clearly and succinctly in a way that those unfamiliar with the psychology behind customer service can quickly digest. A+
GE
Jan 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sales people, customer service industry
If you are in the customer service industry, then this book is written for you.

Gitomer, in his typically forward manner, breaks down the components of why "customer satisfaction" has failed. And he then builds a case for why "customer loyalty" is the only way to run a business.

Britt
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
While relevant to everyday marketing this book is heavily guided towards hospitality services. I don't find this a fault, but I would like to see a bit more variety. Definitely a worth-while read for anyone who wants to not only be floating and relevant, but to impress in today's marketplace.
Jana
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This was an easy read, told in short example, real world tactic format. The best part is that it provides minor changes to daily activities which can make a big difference. Smart real world advice in self improvement.
Amanda
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: performance-eval
This was quick to read and fun. Had a lot of cool graphics and attempted interactivity. There were tests to take to determine your attitude. Basically can be summed up as do unto others and the customer IS your paycheck.
D
Sep 16, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to D by: Work
Shelves: nonfiction
I outlined this book for my boss.

It was extremely repetitive and could have been cut and diced into a concise essay. There are good lessons, but the lessons seemed to repeat themselves in every chapter.
Marc Bowers
May 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Anyone with a business or working in customer service should read this. This book is priceless for providing advice on how to build customer loyalty and stop worrying about just satisfying a customer.

Hurry up and take advantage of this book before the competition does!
S Rich
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amber House
Sep 06, 2012 rated it liked it
This book had some good points and good stories, but was repetitive. Required to read for my current job/position.
Jan 26, 2009 marked it as to-read
Looking forward to reading this and improving on ways to better service my clients.
Maximo Ares
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book that changes the way you think about customer service. Also may change the way a company invests in customer service. Always remember to treat well your loyal customers.
Erin
Aug 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little bit like reading a seminar presentation--but contains some sound, basic advice. Good reading for the bus or train as a pep-talk for your day.
Bernie
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
The stories that Jeffrey shares are funny, sad, rediculous and just make you say wow!
Jay Williams
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was very repetitive and the author was very high-maintenance in majority of the situations. This book could of been summed up in a blog instead of 18.5 chapters.
Feb 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book - anyone in the service industry should read this book!
Scott
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Why is everyone alway shooting for "satisfaction: when what we REALLY want is loyalty? It costs so much more to find new clients, versus building loyalty in our existing clients. HELLO!
Justin
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Great book, that is easy to follow and understand. A must read for anyone who deals with customers (which is everyone!).
Jen Mcpherson
Sep 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Everyone who works in a customer driven industry(and don't we all?) needs to read this.
  • Exceptional Service, Exceptional Profit: The Secrets of Building a Five-Star Customer Service Organization
  • The Ultimate Question: Driving Good Profits and True Growth
  • The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business
  • What Clients Love: A Field Guide to Growing Your Business
  • The Century
  • Guerrilla Publicity: Hundreds of Sure-Fire Tactics to Get Maximum Sales for Minimum Dollars
  • Bottom-up Marketing
  • Nuts!
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • Business By The Book: Complete Guide of Biblical Principles for the Workplace
  • How to Win Customers and Keep Them for Life
  • Thicker Than Oil: America's Uneasy Partnership with Saudi Arabia
  • Make Your Contacts Count: Networking Know-How for Business and Career Success
  • Predictable Success: Getting Your Organization on the Growth Track--And Keeping It There
  • Solution Selling: Creating Buyers in Difficult Selling Markets
  • The Thief at the End of the World: Rubber, Power, and the Seeds of Empire
  • Waiting for Your Cat to Bark?: Persuading Customers When They Ignore Marketing
  • Juicing the Orange: How to Turn Creativity into a Powerful Business Advantage
AUTHOR.
Jeffrey Gitomer is the author of The New York Times best sellers The Sales Bible, The Little Red Book of Selling, The Little Black Book of Connections, and The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. All of his books have been number one best sellers on Amazon.com, including Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless, The Patterson Principles of Selling, The Little Red Bo
“If all it takes is an angry stranger to ruin your day, what are you going to do if something really serious happens? Why give someone else control of your life like that?” 9 likes