Start by marking “Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless” as Want to Read:
Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless

Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  429 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Nationally syndicated columnist and sales trainer, Jeffrey Gitomer shows you how to convert "satisfied" customers into "loyal" customers.
Published June 12th 1998 by Wildcat Publishing Company

Jim
Mar 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: business
A funny story.

I am helping out a company where each employee when they start is given this book to read.

A salesperson when he started was asked by the owner " Do you think you can take care of my customers as described in this book? But before you answer, Understand if you can not, you will have more value to me working for my competitor than you will working for me."

This is why I am reading this book soon.

Jamie Latshaw
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I read this book as part of working towards a promotion within my company. While the style of the book was great (story telling, large font, tons of examples), the only conclusion I kept coming to was that Gitomer was a spoiled brat that stamped his foot when something didn't go his way until someone made it right. That is NOT how you get "good customer service". As much as I understand my job is to help and assist you when there is a problem, I will not put up with your temper tantrum. Grow up. ...more
Linda
Jan 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: professional
I will be purchasing a copy. Though the book has been out for a while, it still has some very practical ideas in it that I'm going to work on implementing in my company.
Timothy Aulph
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great information; especially, the 12 methods to deliver outstanding customer service. Seems like common sense but can be overlooked if not careful or if taken for granted. Also, a customer may be satisfied with your service, but, that doesn't mean they are loyal!

Other things that stood out:
(1) Earn loyalty by delivering memorable service consistently
(2) Your customer is more important than your boss; without loyalty, you could get fired by your real boss - the customer!
(3) Be extraordinary;
Mercer Smith
Nov 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Does this author have an editor? He directly quotes HIMSELF, with attribution, throughout the book. The formatting is horrifying. Why do all of the numbered lists end in a .5? Just use whole numbers.

While he does tell people what he believes the tenets of support should be, he fails to give them any “why” besides “customers pay your paycheck.” The excerpts in the book written by others are markedly better quality than the book as a whole.
Ken
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow, i gotta say this book is quite the un-orthodoxed type. i'm sure glad i read it. Jeffrey has laid this book out very easy to read, i managed to finish it in about 2-3 days.. which is quite fast for me. He goes on to talk about the epidemic of bad customer service all around this planet. and how easy it is to start improving it, and as you go on to read this book, you find that jefrey has a knack for thinking outside of the box, something we as human beings tend not to do, we like to get use ...more
Oscar Romero
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a must for anyone that would want to not only learn what to do but also learn how to do it. Jeffrey did an amazing job at bringing up everything about how to take care of our customers and, better yet--what exactly is a customer.

I think, deep inside, we really tend to lose focus as to what a customer is and how we treat them. And it takes a wake-up call to not only make you reflect about what we do, but to make us change for the better. The proof will be when your customers let out t
Lee Ragans
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a book on sales... remember that. It has some general customer service application but if you are not in sales or work for a company that sells things many of the lessons are not appropriate for you. The score is my rating for me not a reflection of the Author's work. I do not believe in grading other authors. I hate people who think their score is a chance to grade me.

I will give the author one knock... the whole .5 thing. if he wants to list 12 things, he lists 1 to 11.5. As I write th
Elizabeth
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read book! The author is a little redundant at times but he's totally spot on with his observations and suggestions. He illustrates the importance of customer loyalty, how businesses are failing to gain loyalty, and what we as individuals can do to create loyalty. I felt very positive and empowered after reading this book; and I have already begun to use some of the techniques suggested.
Crystal Otto
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Customer Satisfaction is Worthless is a book I look at often and reference in conversations with business owners, marketing professionals, and those involved in strategic planning for organizations. I wouldn't go so far as to call this the 'bible', but it's a book you must read if you're looking to grow a customer service based business. After all, who wants to be satisfied ??? Don't we all want more than that for ourselves? Why wouldn't we want that for our customers as well?
  • The Ultimate Question: Driving Good Profits and True Growth
  • Nuts!
  • What Clients Love: A Field Guide to Growing Your Business
  • The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business
  • The Century
  • Guerrilla Publicity: Hundreds of Sure-Fire Tactics to Get Maximum Sales for Minimum Dollars
  • Exceptional Service, Exceptional Profit: The Secrets of Building a Five-Star Customer Service Organization
  • Liberation Management: Necessary Disorganization For The Nanosecond Nineties
  • How Capitalism Will Save Us: Why Free People and Free Markets Are the Best Answer in Today's Economy
  • Meatball Sundae: Is Your Marketing Out of Sync?
  • Storming Las Vegas: How a Cuban-Born, Soviet-Trained Commando Took Down the Strip to the Tune of Five World-Class Hotels, Three Armored Cars, and Millions of Dollars
  • Thicker Than Oil: America's Uneasy Partnership with Saudi Arabia
  • The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down: Real Life Strategies for Investing in Real Estate Using Other People's Money
  • The Book on Flipping Houses: How to Buy, Rehab, and Resell Residential Properties
  • 10 Simple Secrets of the World's Greatest Business Communicators
  • Ten Rules for Strategic Innovators: From Idea to Execution
  • Upgrade Your Life: The Lifehacker Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, Better
  • Juggling Elephants: An Easier Way to Get Your Most Important Things Done--Now!
AUTHOR.
Jeffrey Gitomer is the author of The New York Times best sellers The Sales Bible, The Little Red Book of Selling, The Little Black Book of Connections, and The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. All of his books have been number one best sellers on Amazon.com, including Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless, The Patterson Principles of Selling, The Little Red Bo
More about Jeffrey Gitomer...
“If all it takes is an angry stranger to ruin your day, what are you going to do if something really serious happens? Why give someone else control of your life like that?” 9 likes