Start by marking “Bright Baby Animals” as Want to Read:
Bright Baby Animals

Bright Baby Animals

(Bright Baby)

Perfect for babies and toddlers, this adorable board book features a wide variety of animals from ‘frog' to ‘kitten'! With bright, easy-to-turn pages and a new animal on every page, this book is an essential addition to any baby's library. The combination of colorful pictures and simple words will help to build your child's vocabulary.
Board Book, 26 pages
Published September 1st 2004 by Priddy Books

To ask other readers questions about Bright Baby Animals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bright Baby Animals

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Great beginning book for very small children.
Jess
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
January 2017 - we read this many, many times when Ben was a baby/toddler, and he recently rediscovered it and wanted me to read it. Well, one animal per page gets boring pretty quickly when you're almost-4, so he reads it backwards - if one spread has "bear" and "bee" he mixes them up and then laughs his crazy laugh. Also, guinea pigs are hilarious. The funniest thing. We just take turns saying "guinea pig."
Marshall
Oct 16, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: macaws
Much as I wanted to like this book on account of the ecologically friendly paper, I just can't bring myself to recommend you go out and get this. Yes, the pictures of a different animal on each page is bright and clear. And yes, most of them have a colorful background behind them. And yes, the book is a good size for little hands to hold.

But come on. Last time I counted, there were over a bazillion animals on this planets. This book has something like 20 pages to it, so 20 animals. But we get on
Rachel
Aug 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents of small children
Recommended to Rachel by: Gift at Pediatrician's office
This is a great little book for small hands. We got this book when our son was about 9 months old and he's always loved carrying it around. Now that he speaks, he points to the animals and tells us what they are. Great, inexpensive tool for learning animals.
Sorento62
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marshall's one-star review here on Goodreads is entirely correct. However, my 1-1/2 year old granddaughter likes this book a lot and one of her first animal words was elephant ("ella"!), probably said first in response to this book -- so it has a special place in my heart.
Fritz Loehrke
Lots of good pictures of animals. We have the bilingual spanish/english version.
Alicia
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little T enjoys looking at all the colors & various animals on each page.
Emerson and Theodore
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Simple board book. One animal, one word per chunky page.
Danny
Mar 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I picked this one up at the thrift store, and it is already well worn. The boys like to spell all the animal names.
Marie
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bright backgrounds behind photos of baby animals, with bold text. Baby Harris seems to really like looking at the pictures.
Mindy
Oct 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Jack loved this book especially when he was about 5-6months.
Jamie
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-book
lots of good animals in it. just a simple book, but great for even infants. the 4 month old twins that i watch LOVE it
Danielle Ezold
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Simple picture book
Michelle Rittler
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, childrens
I appreciated the variety of animals named in this book. You get the expected animals (e.g., dog, fish, zebra), but then you get "kitten" instead of "cat" and "macaw" instead of "bird".
Lorri
Jan 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xander-s-shelf
Another favorite in the house, we read it daily.
Tommy
Mar 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi
The book contains wonderful pictures of penguins, dogs, rabbits, fish, goats, butterflies, etc.

It will have, even your littlest one, eager to get their hands on this book.
Cheyenne
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book includes a lot of animals. Good for toddlers.
Adrianna
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
The board book "Bright Baby Animals" is a great book for babies to children who are 3 years old. Each page has an animal and the book can help to increase a child's vocabulary by associating words with beautiful pictures. I liked how the book had the English and Spanish word for each animal i.e. butterfly/mariposa, frog/rana, and elephant/elefante.
Stacia
Dec 01, 2015 added it
Shelves: 2015
I've never read this book. I plan to add a random children's book to my feed for every book I edit. Often they aren't published in a timely manner (or ever in a manner that leads to them being in Goodreads) and I always read them a minimum of 2 times while editing so I should be able to count them towards my goal. Really, I should add 2 but I'll go with 1 at this point.

11/18 - LY - 136p
Ubalstecha
Apr 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
Lovely pictures and bright colours make this very attractive to babies. Unfortunately they manage to not use the correct term fir a baby kangaroo. Weird, considering that they use phrases like penguin chick and elephant calf.
Ubalstecha
Meg McGregor
Wonderful pictures of penguins, dogs, rabbits, fish, goats, butterflies and many others will have even your littlest one eager to get their hands on this book.
Aug 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Kristin Fletcher-spear
as much as I like the priddy books this one is just blah to me.

Charlie got it a long time ago and he wanted me to read it to Emma. so I did.

side note I got fun photos of Emma holding the book.
Danielle
Dec 10, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
This is a favorite of Justin's. He often reaches for the animals--I think because of the bright colors.
Heather Richard
Feb 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Very fun for very littleones
Heather
Feb 12, 2008 rated it liked it
Again, William likes it when I make the animal sounds.
Vin
Oct 22, 2015
Katie
Feb 16, 2016
  • Curious George's Opposites
  • The Little Rabbit Who Liked to Say Moo
  • What's Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites
  • Peek-a-Zoo!
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors?
  • My Very First Book of Words
  • I'm a Big Sister
  • Mommy Hugs
  • Animals
  • Where Is Baby's Birthday Cake?: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • If You're Happy and You Know It!
Roger Priddy left school at 16 with just one qualification—in art. He went to Berkshire College of Art and Design and trained as an illustrator. His first job in children’s books was working with the publisher Peter Usborne, at Usborne Publishing, and then he worked with Peter Kindersley at Dorling Kindersley, where he spent 16 years. Priddy became Creative Director of DK’s Children’s Division and ...more

Bright Baby (8 books)
  • Bright Baby Colors
  • Chunkies Bright Baby Chunky: Farm
  • Bright Baby Chunky: Dinosaurs
  • Bright Baby First Words
  • Chunkies Bright Baby Chunky: Kittens
  • Puppies (Bright Baby Chunky)
  • Bright Baby Trucks