Start by marking “Finding Alice (Alice Clark, #1)” as Want to Read:
Finding Alice (Alice Clark, #1)

Finding Alice

(Alice Clark #1)

Cursed with an intense version of empathy Alice runs from a wasted life to start a new one somewhere no one will know her; Hell, Michigan. Alice works at a hole-in-the-wall bar in the middle of nowhere mostly keeping to herself to avoid the overwhelming emotions of those around her. She allows her best friend to convince her into taking a few college classes without realiz ...more
Published February 19th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Finding Alice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Alice

Andrea DiGiglio
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I of course love my book, I wouldn't be so excited to share Alice's story with you otherwise!
Jessica
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
For readers thoroughly intrigued by Angel/Nephilim lore and stories, Finding Alice will be another book to add to their shelves, and here is why. One, there is a new take on the relationship between the Nephilim, Angels, and God Almighty. Two, the swoon-worthy relationship between Cole and Alice. Three, the addictive quality of the narrative.

One: I really enjoyed DiGiglio's address of somewhat sensitive subject matter. Which, of course, was the concept of how God would have reacted to his so-ca
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I received Finding Alice as an ARC from the author Andrea and I have to say HOLY COW! This is an EPIC beginning to a series! As most of you know I love Angel and Demon stories. The just fascinate me and when I started reading this book I could not put it down. Man has Andrea created a real world where good vs evil is ever present.

Alice is a loner who speaks to no one and minds her business. When she is not in school she is off drawing in her sketch book. Her last foster home is anything but nor
Keren Hughes
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-review, arc
I was on Twitter one afternoon when I asked if anyone wanted their book to be promoted on my blog. So I was approached by Andrea and after reading the synopsis, told her I would be only too glad to read and review FINDING ALICE. I love books about angels so this sounded right up my street.

First of all, let me address the cover. I am not good at picking up on subtle hints, so had I seen this cover and not read the blurb, I probably wouldn't be able to guess what the story was about. But having re
Erica
Jan 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it
Alice has grown up in the system living in foster home after foster home. Each family was different and each caused her to learn about the harsh realities of the world. Abuse runs rampant in her past, and when she finally finds a home where she feels loved her foster parent's end up pregnant with their own child. She sees the love for this unborn child and knows she can never stand up to it and decides to take off.

Fast forward a bit and we find our heroine living on her own and settling down in
Lisa Markson
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lisa's review of
Finding Alice
By Andrea Digiglio

This was a awesome book that I found in my TBR pile.  I looked for it when I saw the cover for book 2.  By the way it is a amazing cover for book 2.   Alice ever felt like she belonged she was orphaned at a early age never knowing her birth parents.  Moving from home to home.  Alice moved to Hell and caught the scent of ocean air when she met Cole.  From that meeting her life was thrown into another dimension that she didn't ever suspect.  Se learn
Cait Lavender
Mar 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Brain candy? Check. Hot love interest? Check. Strong female lead character? Check. Fresh and interesting plotline? Check!
Finding Alice is a great, quick read that keeps you invested into the story and turning pages. I haven’t read too many books revolving around Nephilim so the world Andrea DiGiglio created was an interesting twist on the classic boy-meets-girl story. The main character, Alice, has some emotional baggage but that just adds to the believability of her character and helps the re
Brianna Kilcrease
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
The First Line: "I never knew love, not in any form. Unwanted at birth, I was abandoned by the very people who were supposed to love me the most. The truth is I never really minded it that much."

The Story: Surprisingly I really liked this book alot. I mean it's not one of my favorites but it's not bad either. The story was quite refreshing and I liked the whole angel history and how the book takes place in Hell, Michigan. It just sort of fits, don't you think? Well all in all this book was a lit
Allison
Jan 15, 2012 rated it liked it
So first of all the personalized signing was very cool - first one I've ever had and I couldn't agree more with Andrea's message: "To read is to love. Love often." Secondly, I think the plot of this novel is good and has great potential, but overall I felt the story should have been fleshed out more. The main character was decently developed, but all the other characters felt like they existed in the shadows of the story - I didn't get the greatest feel for them and I wish I had, especially Cole ...more
Jessica Gibson
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book, and I struck gold. There was nothing about this book that I didn't like. The story sucked me in from the get go, I literally read the entire thing in about a day. I couldn't put it down. I grew to love the main character like she was my best friend. I had chills the whole last scene in the book, it was really phenomenal. I cannot wait until this book comes out so I can recommend it to everyone I know. If you buy this book, you won't be disappointed.
Victoria
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! This book was amazing :D

-I wish it was longer
-can't say I was head over heels for Cole
-I wish book two was written and edited and tested and published so I could read it now...
-I wish some things were elaborated more
-I thought it was awesome :D
-why am I writing this in bullets?
-.......
-Can't wait for Alice's Sacrifice!!
Julie
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book I finished it within a few hours of buying it on my kindle. Superbly written and I would recommend this book to anyone. I can't wait for the next in the series to come out. A great book that I have given 5 stars to as I could re-read it all over again and not get bored of it, that is how good it is.
Luna Melissa
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
" I would at least have lived, loved and been loved... And that's all that's really worth living for"...
The Fallen Angels....(: Really Enjoyed THiss Book I Cant Wait For Book 2! You Were Right Andrea Only In A True Fictious World Can One Allow THemselfs To Believe THank You.
Cyndi Stauff
Mar 16, 2012 marked it as to-read
Phew...I just made this contest! Thank goodness I was looking in the "Recommendations" area and found this. Regardless of if I win or not, I will be buying this book to read. It sounds like it's right up my alley! Will update this review area after I read it. :)
Stacy
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and can't wait to read what's instore fir Alice & Cole.
Melissa ownsbey
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i loved it so much it was very good the charcters were also great
i cant wait for the next one in the series
Robert
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't think i'm the target audience for this book.

It's very much a supernatural action story with a large dollop of romance.

I felt the overall idea of the story and direction is took was quite good. It was also reasonably well written and a smooth read.

However, I never really understood the character of the protagonist; their exceptionalism was frustratingly obvious; and the mix of the mundane and the fantastic didn't quite work for me.
Bianca
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Thank you to Andrea for giving me the opportunity to read this book!

General Opinion: I loved this book, but I feel a little confused because of it. I felt like the author didn't explain the supernatural world very clear. But the book is great, the story is amazing and the characters are great.
What made me wanna read the book: The blurb and the cover.
What I liked the most: The creativity behind this book. Even if this book is a book with angels, it's very different from all the books I read, and
Sabrina
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: autumn, review-books, ya, nice
Kendall {Book Crazy}
I found myself really getting into this book and then it ended! It was very short and I read it all in the one sitting! I would have loved for it to have been longer as the author could have extended certain scenes or maybe added more onto the plot to maybe make it a bit longer!The plot was about nephilims and I have read a few other books where nephiIims are the main supernatural focus so I was getting a little bit tired of them to be honest but Finding Alice was a short, well thought out story ...more
Isabel
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
First of all, just to disclose, I received a copy of this book for free. However, I have kept my opinions as they would be if I had read the book, I have not let receiving it free alter my judgement.

My opinion on this book is mixed.
On the one hand, I like the subject and genre. I have never tired of reading different authors takes on the fallen angel thing, and I think Finding Alice is yet another good angle to come at it from.
I liked some of the characters, and I found the fact that Alice lives
Justine
Feb 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review. So because I didn't read this books summary, I was surprised to learn that it was about fallen angels and nephilim. I really liked the way that the author lead into it all. I also enjoyed all of the background information that Andrea DiGiglio gives about Alice. I also loved all of the action and romance that was present in this novel. I also liked that it was geared for older YA readers, it had some sexy scenes, but the ...more
Kari
Jan 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, ipad
Finding Alice was a pretty good quick read. I liked Alice's character a lot. She is pretty strong for someone who has not had a lot of love in her life. She is more mature than her age. I had to give her a lot of credit for striking out on her own and finding a place to call home. Even if it is called Hell. I did like her relationship with Cole. He is the one person who can help her figure out who she really is and perhaps help her figure out why feathers keep showing up near her.

While I enjoyed
Amber
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, review
Finding Alice is an amazing read, I just wished I would have heard more from some of the other characters involved, mainly Cole. I felt like there was something left out not being able to see how they think and feel about the situation at hand.

Alice has grew up going from one foster home to the next, never really calling any where home. That all changed when she settled down in Hell, Michigan. Working to pay bills and now going to college, Alice is finding she has certain abilities that others d
Larina
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-be-read
I found this book to be a short read for me i finished it in under 3 hours. I could not put it down. This was a awesome book I loved the cover. The characters were interesting to say the least. Alice falls for a guy named cole. With the support and love of cole Alice trys to fight for her birth right!! I wish this part was longer. well i wished the whole book was longer. But any way she learned about who her birth parents were who she was and this is what Finding Alice is all about. I Hope Andre ...more
Kami
I really like Angel and Nephilim stories so I was excited to read this book. Alice is emotionless. Her narrative reads very cold and by the facts. She was abandoned as a baby. She has moved from foster home to foster home. The only times she has emotions is when she is overcome by others extreme emotions. She now lives in a town called Hell and works at a bar. This is a fast paced story. The writing is good. I was intrigued by Alice's story. 3 stars
Deniece
Dec 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Deniece by: myself
I erased this book not paying attention. And I'm sad to say I don't remember the exact star rating I gave it or my review. SMH

I do remember enjoying this book and that it was fast paced and that I wanted to continue the series. I'm a little annoyed that I did this but whatever I just gave it a 3 star for now until I reread it.
Kristen Staubitz
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi-or-horror
Couldn't make it further than chapter seven. Back cover sold the book well, but the writing just couldn't keep me interested. I don't like leaving a book I start unfinished but I just don't have it in me to continue. She's keeping it mysterious to the point of boring. Questions should be asked by now that are just being shrugged off. It's driving me batty so I give up.
Amy
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it

Read this book in just one day. A quick, easy, great read. Thought provoking. Need to go back to the Bible and read about the Fallen Angels. Will definitely read the next one when it comes out.
Sue
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Excellent book. Quite a quick read, but the plot was very exciting and didn't stop, even at the end where I found there was a sequel. Knocked a star off for spelling and grammar, but that is just me being very picky (it is a pet hate of mine!)

I would definitely recommend it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Free Book Cha...: Finding Alice, by Adrea DiGiglio 2 10 Jan 05, 2013 10:07PM

• Guardian of Fate (Fate, #1)
  • iFeel (Vis Vires Trilogy, #1)
  • The Emerald City (Osland Trilogy, #1)
  • By the Pale Moonlight
  • Guardian
  • Concealed (Concealed, #1)
  • Human
  • Fall of Angels: The Complete Trilogy (Fall of Angels, #1-3)
  • Neophyte
  • Sleeping Roses (Dead Roses, #1)
  • Awaited (Wasteland, #2)
  • Blood Drunk: Faded Blue
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • Angel of Mercy  (The Fallen, #1)
  • When Copper Suns Fall (Lost Immortals, #1)
  • Forbidden (The Guardian Chronicles, #1)
  • Dead Spell
  • Until Next Time (The Angel Chronicles, #1)
Born and raised in Michigan, I have always been a writer at heart. Over the last decade I have written, starred and directed in many screenplays. In the last few years I decided to return to writing novels. I haven't looked back since, giving my work my full attention. I am very excited to share the worlds I create, with all of you dreamers.

Alice Clark (3 books)
  • Alice's Sacrifice (Alice Clark, #2)
  • Alice's Insurrection (Alice Clark, #3)