Start by marking “The Taste of Magic” as Want to Read:
The Taste of Magic

The Taste of Magic

Adrian du Lac is not your average vampire. Nearly two-thousand years old, he uses immortality to his advantage. Though je lives the life of a successful European businessman, what he really wants is to rule the world.
Originally, he sought Katerina Romanov for her latent powers of witchcraft, but now that she’s come of age, his desires have changed. When Katerina succumbs t
Published September 23rd 2011 by Books We Love Publishing (first published September 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Taste of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Taste of Magic

Michelle
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
OK, I got this book for free one day from Amazon. The summary peaked my interest, so I downloaded it. I have some mixed feelings. For one in my head all I could compare it to was Twilight. Which is not fair since this is its own book and its fairly well written. A pet peeve is I caught quite a few grammatical and spelling errors and I am not a Grammar Nazi by any means but these stood out and that was annoying. Onto the story, I must say Ms. Rosavin did a great job of creating characters that I ...more
Rachel Lynn Sterling
It took me a little while to get into this one. I finally warmed up to it several chapters in and really started enjoying it. The author did a good job developing the characters and the plot. The hero, Adrian, is a vampire determined to control everything & everyone around him with the ultimate goal of controlling the world. Of course, he then meets Katerina "Kat" and she turns his world up-side-down. I am often an unrealistic optimist and love villainous characters that wind up being good, ...more
Carrie
Jun 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
I couldn't wait to finish this book - it was so bad, but for some reason I wanted to know how it ended. It was just page after page after page of Kat not trusting Adrian, and yet she was compelled to be with him. And I only know this because I read the words written on the page - I didn't feel it. I didn't feel the characters were connected, and I couldn't get "into" this book. The story was disjointed, and I felt like key plot tools were sprung on me rather than woven in to the story. Truly did ...more
Vicki Scullion
Jun 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
This paranormal romance had some interesting characters and action scenes; however, Kat's continuing distrust of Adrian throughout the book got to be rather boring. Instead of growing into an interesting character, she stayed weak, seemingly manipulated by her parents, various vampires and witches, Adrian, and even her own powers right to the very last page. I would have liked more plot and less angst.
Kasey
Jul 31, 2012 rated it did not like it
Didn't enjoy this book, but once I started it, I wanted to know what cliche ending they came up with (I wasn't disappointed). It's just another romance novel, but this time it's with vampires! Kinda like the adult Twilight. The beginning was ok, the middle was bad, and the ending was awful. The characters and romance weren't believable and the romance was bad. The plot was needlessly confusing at times and extremely repetitive.
Leslie Miner
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This author knows seduction! A spicey paranormal romance. I had a hard time putting this book down. I would have liked a little more detail, especially on the castle, as I had a hard time visualizing it. If you get frustrated with Kat not trusting Adrian, put yourself in her shoes. I'm not so sure I would trust a 2000 year old vampire who had ulterior motives at the beginning. But with his seductive charm, I could easily be persuaded.
Cat
Dec 31, 2011 rated it liked it
This book explores what happens when people who care about each other decide to keep secrets. It also shows the unfortunate side of single-mindedness and the destruction it can lead to.

The story was decent, Kat could be quite frustrating because she couldn't see past her own goals or put things into context. Overall, good story, it could be repetitive in theme (keeping secrets).
Brenda
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
I thought this started very slow. It got better close to the end.
Angarad
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
just one comment: I LOVED IT!!!
Kristi
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.75 ;)
Kristin Campbell
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not too bad for a free read. I love shocking endings and this had one.
Brenda .
Sep 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Horrible! So wishy-washy just terrible!
Molly
May 25, 2014
Louise Buxton
Jan 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Lover's Betrayal (Misfits of the Lore, #1)
  • My Lady Vampire - Book One (My Lady Vampire, #1)
  • Bound By Blood
  • A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #1)
  • Dragon Blues
  • Courting the Darkness (Courting the Darkness #1)
  • Soul Search
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • Destined, a novel of the Tarot
  • The Necromancer
  • Illegal Magic
  • Honeymoon Bite (Golden Vampires of Tuscany, #1)
  • Venice Vampyr (Venice Vampyr, #1)
  • This Time (Grace Allen, #3)
  • Sword of the Raven
  • Vampire Seeker (Samantha Carter #1)
  • Jump (The Senses, #1)
  • Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)