Start by marking “Over the Edge (Kincaid Brides, #3)” as Want to Read:
Over the Edge (Kincaid Brides, #3)

Over the Edge (Kincaid Brides #3)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  2,197 Ratings  ·  181 Reviews
Bestselling Author Mary Connealy Delivers Her Trademark Historical Romantic Comedy

Seth Kincaid survived a fire in a cave, but he's never been the same. He was always a reckless youth, but now he's gone over the edge. He ran off to the Civil War and came back crazier than ever.

After the war, nearly dead from his injuries, it appears Seth got married. Oh, he's got a lot of e
Published August 1st 2012 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Over the Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over the Edge

Aerykah
This book is definitely my favorite of the three in this series. I enjoyed it very much!

UPDATE:

I noticed something this time around that I guess I didn't notice or pay attention to 4 years ago...
Why is there so much focus on Seth just wanting to get Callie into bed?? Yeah, I get that they're married & it's not bad for him to want that, but it seemed like most of the romance part of the story was focused on it! I would have enjoyed the story a lot more if the focus had been on other aspects o
Melanie
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1J1DPF4...
To be posted on my blog 8/10: http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

What to say about this book... well, for starters, I LOVED it!! Seriously, from the beginning pages until the end, I loved every moment!

It was great to get to read Seth's story and find out what made him the way he is. I found his wife, Callie, to be a new favorite character of mine - right along with other favorites from this series: Ethan, Seth, plus many more. :)

I lo
Bethany
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is my third book to read that was written by Mary Connealy...and I LOVED it!! I first heard about her Kincaid Brides series from a friend and got the first book Out of Control from our library and devoured it in a day. I loved it so much that I wanted to read the second book, In Too Deep, but unfortunately our library didn't have it. So I bought the kindle version of book number two so I could read it. Of course I loved it so much that when I saw the opportunity to review the third book, Ov ...more
Abbie
Callie has been looking for her husband ever since he abandoned her. She heads to Colorado and finds herself in the middle of a shoot out. Seth shows up to help and she is mighty tempted to shoot him as well! Seth does not remember Callie but he sure wants to. He can’t remember when or where but he finds himself with a family. Now he wants to desperately dig his way out of his crazy ways and be the husband Callie wants but can she let go of the fact he left her and except the love he offers?

Ma
Courtney
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I have read one other book by Ms. Connealy; however, this one to me what better than the first one. It was very detailed, but not boring in the slightest and for most author's this is something that is difficult to pull off.

To be married to a man that has no memories of ever being married to you in the first place must have been a very difficult position to be in, but the heroine of the novel pulled it of pleasantly well with a baby in tow.

Even though this is only my second novel by this parti
Myra Johnson
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love a Mary Connealy book! Let me just get that out in the open right now! Mary's flair for comedic romance is unparalleled. She also knows how to maintain interest from one book to the next in a series by continually deepening characterizations and weaving plot threads together with intricate precision.

This book wraps up the Kincaid Brides series with Seth's story. Seth is a character who, in the first two books, was haunted by a troubled past and definitely not always in his right mind. Natu
Tweety
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Tweety by: Dorcas
Shelves: reviewed
I had to reread this after reading the second book. And I must say, this is my favorite Mary Conneley book. I love the characters, the humor and the setting. My only complaint is that I really didn't care two hoots what the bad guys were up to.

My favorite books by this author: Calico Canyon, Doctor in Petticoats, Gingham Mountain and Wrangler in Petticoats.
Pegg
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I've ever given an entire trilogy 5 stars before. But this one deserves it. No kidding. And the ending of this third book wraps everything up in a major sigh of satisfaction. Gotta love that! We meet Seth in book one, fall a little in love with him in book two, and learn who he really is here in book three. I love Mary Connealy's characters who aren't the "typical" story heroes. Seth is such a character. Read it. But read the other two first and you'll enjoy it that much more. (Eth ...more
Hannah
4.5 stars.
Of course, I started the last book of this series first. Seems I just can't get all my series right-end-first, no matter how hard I try! I have a copy and started reading when loading down my new bookshelf.

I really enjoyed the story of Seth and Callie. While it didn't end up on an all-time-favorites list, it is actually one of the best written of Connealy's books that I've read yet. I especially enjoyed the part where Seth has the big show-down with the cave; the depth of emotions mad
Abbi
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Review on my blog: http://writingchristiannovels.blogspo...
Christine
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Parts of this were suspenseful but the writing was weak and the characters weren't the brightest bulbs in the box. Did on audio - think a print read might be fun and fast but I was stuck listening to every word.
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
How can you completely forget that you're married? Or that you have a son? Well that's exactly what is happening to Seth Kincaid, the youngest of the Kincaid brothers who suddenly finds himself at the scene of a stagecoach robbery. Only Seth is the one being shot at. When more men arrive from Colorado City with the sheriff, the learn that the only occupant remaining in the stagecoach is a woman, named Callie who was defending the coach against the robbers who already shot both the driver and his ...more
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When Seth Kincaid was a child his favorite place to play was in the caverns. He almost lost his life and thought he lost his soul due to a fire in the cave. He has been haunted by this near death experience ever since then. Now as an adult he has many scars especially after the Civil War.
The most noticeable is his mental scars that cause night terrors not just about the war but from that terrible day in his childhood when he caught fire in the cavern.

Callie Kincaid is in route to the Kincaid Ra
Courtney
If you've been reading the Kincaid Brides right along since book one like I have then are sure to be satisfied and happy at the ending and last book of the series with Over the Edge. I have anxiously been waiting for the book about Seth Kincaid since I was first introduced to him in the beginning of the series. Seth is a bit on the crazy side and I was curious how Mary Connealy would give him his "happily ever-after". Just like always Connealy does not disappoint and we get to continue the story ...more
Amber Stokes
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Mary Connealy's Wild West stories are always a good time, full of humor and excitement, as any fan of hers will tell you! And her conclusions to her trilogies (at least the ones I've read) seem to be lots of fun for fans as they bring together a whole cast of characters to whom the reader has been previously introduced.

Over the Edge is just such a story that is probably better appreciated by those readers who have read Out of Control and In Too Deep. (I've read the first but not the second in t
Dawn
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Don't ask me why the Kincaid Brides is the first series I've gotten around to reading from Mary Connealy. I know she's written about a million books by now, and that she's become an insanely popular author over the last few years. I can tell why that is so too. She is an excellent writer, story-teller, plot-producer, and theme-perfecter.

I think what I liked most about Over The Edge was how it not only wrapped up every detail the reader collected along the way and put it right in it's spot at the
Ruth Hill
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
When I picked up this book, I was pretty sure it would be another sappy Christian Western romance, and I figured I would have to struggle through it. I can tell you that I was wrong about that point. The action drew me in from the beginning, and I was rather intrigued by the story. I only wished that the action had not been so sporadic. But it was not a sappy love story.

I loved Seth and Callie. They made the reading absolutely worthwhile. In fact, I would have loved to read more about their rela
Rachael
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mary Connealy's third and presumably final book of the Kincaid Brides, Over the Edge, thoroughly concluded the series with her usual comedic flair.

As with her other novels, the romance between the main characters was laced with humorous situations and tenderness, for all that the bride was angry enough to take shots at her errant husband.

Family, throughout the whole series, seemed to be a major theme, but it was most prominent in Over the Edge. Connealy surprised me in an unexpected plot twis
Michelle
More like 3.5 stars...

I started to read the previous book, but wasn't fond of the characters, so I went on to the third. I liked Callie, though the plot seemed a bit strange. I did want them to work things out. Seth was likable at times and other times his inner dialog made me think of a five year old. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but if the author intended to portray him as a bit immature in his thinking, she did well on that account. Maybe I should have read the prior books to
Bluerose's  Heart
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, romance
This is the 3rd book in "The Kincaid Brides" Series, but it's the first one I've read. As much as I enjoyed this one, I imagine I would have enjoyed it even more if I'd read the first two books to fill in more of the details. It did read perfectly fine as a stand-alone, though. (As a side note, I've heard that the first book in this series is Mary's least favored book, so if you read it and don't like it, definitely give another one a chance!!)

Callie is one of those fun, "tough as nails" kind of
Ladette
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Over The Edge by Mary Connealy is the third book in The Kincaid Brides Series and is about Seth Kincaid and his bride Callie.

I really enjoyed meeting the Kincaid brothers, Rafe, Ethan and Seth and their wives in this book. There is plenty of humor, suspense and love to go around. Seth is the youngest of the three brothers and is mostly like to find trouble.

I didn't love Callie... Seth's wife. She is a tough Texan, who's been wronged and is holding a grudge -- against Seth! When she first finds
Cheesecake
Seth and Callie. DNF at about 15%.
I guess I just couldn't get into the book. Callie was a hard ass. At first it's understandable seeing as how she finds her hubby alive and well after he left over a year ago. But once she finds out that it was because of amnesia, she still (unrelievedly) hates his guts. And I was only 10% into the tale at this point so I kinda dreaded another 90 % of the same. There were bad guys too and I liked that Callie was strong and could shoot her own way out of a hold u
Lisa at Farm Fresh Adventures
Love love love love! There is just something about Mary Connealy's writing that I just adore! I've read all the books in this series as well as her sharpshooters series and a few more and I have adored every single book.
Teresa Snyder
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Seth finally got to tell his story. And what a great story it was. Loved Callie. I thought this would be the end to the series, but now I'm not so sure. Does Heath have a story to tell? I hope so. I would love to read more about the Kincades.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think this one was my favorite of the series. I really liked it. :)
Rebekah Hart
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Mary Connealy has outdone herself again. Her writing is just plain amazing!
Holly
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story. I will definitely read this series again!
Grace Tolman
I listened to this book so I'm not sure if reading it would have created a different experience for me or not. But here are my thoughts...
Good
Love a good "cowboy" story. The main characters were vulnerable and strong at the same time. They represent typical people with flaws and strengths. I like those in fictional characters. They shed a certain light to what "normal" people look like. Imperfect human beings with heart and choices to make.
I love that this one has a family story behind it and i
Barb
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Seth Kincaid remembers almost everything... except getting married. Seth Kincaid survived a fire in a cave, but he hasn't been the same since. Then he fought in the Civil War and returned to Colorado crazier than ever. Somewhere along the line, it appears Seth got married. Oh, he has a lot of excuses, but his wife isn't too happy to find out Seth doesn't remember her. Callie isn't a long-suffering woman. When Seth disappeared, she searched, prayed, and worried. Now she's come out west to wrangle ...more
DKroening
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book in this series, although I don't picture the main character, Seth, as depicted on the front cover. While written with a light hearted humor thrown in, the subjects dealt with are deep and serious ... family guilt, PTSD, marriage relationships and parental abandonment. You can't help but cheer on Seth and his surprise wife.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Jan 08, 2015 11:24AM
  • A Match Made in Texas (Archer Brothers, #2.5)
  • A Suitor for Jenny (A Rocky Creek Romance, #2)
  • Safe in His Arms (Under Texas Stars, #2)
  • Sweeter Than Birdsong (Saddler's Legacy, #2)
  • Song of My Heart (Heart of the Prairie, #8)
  • When Two Hearts Meet (Colorado Runaway, #3)
  • Taming the Wind (Land of the Lone Star, #3)
  • A Love Forbidden (Heart of the Rockies, #2)
  • Love Blooms in Winter (The Dakota Diaries #1)
  • The Bride Backfire (Prairie Promises, #2)
  • A Flight of Fancy (The Daughters of Bainbridge House #2)
  • The Anonymous Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #1)
  • Within My Heart (Timber Ridge Reflections, #3)
Mary Connealy writes romantic comedy with cowboys always with a strong suspense thread. She is a two time Carol Award winner, and a Rita, Christy and Inspirational Reader's Choice finalist.
She is the bestselling author of 48 books and novellas.
Her most recent three book series are: Cimarron Legacy, Wild at Heart, Trouble in Texas, Kincaid Bride for Bethany House Publishing. She’s also written fo
More about Mary Connealy

Kincaid Brides (3 books)
  • Out of Control (Kincaid Brides, #1)
  • In Too Deep (Kincaid Brides, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Rafe hadn’t been around women much, but since he’d gotten married to one of the little critters, he’d noticed they seemed to have to say out loud every thought in their head. Including stuff everybody already knew. It’d snowed. Today it was real nice. It was called weather. What was there to talk about?” 15 likes
“Like me being a hero, did you? Racing to the rescue."
"Sure I liked that. But what I loved is the way I felt when I saw you. Not that you'd saved me, but just that you were there. There was no denying how much I loved my husband showing up. It was love pure and simple."
She stretched up and kissed him. Seth wasn't sure if she'd ever kissed him first before.She'd cooperated a few times when he kissed her, but she'd never started it. He gave the kiss right back in full measure and then some.”
0 likes