Start by marking “Until You (Westmoreland, #3)” as Want to Read:
Until You (Westmoreland, #3)

Until You

(Westmoreland Saga #3)

Sheridan Bromleigh had spent most of her early life as a happy vagabond with her unruly American father and his vagrant friends. Then, given over to the care of a strict maiden aunt, she was taught to be a lady—poor but genteel—and finally a teacher. When she was hired to act as chaperone to a pretty but spoilt heiress travelling to England to join an aristocratic fiance, ...more
Published December 7th 1995 by Corgi (first published September 1st 1994)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

This review contains spoilers -

I really enjoyed this story. I wasn’t sure what to expect after having just read Whitney, My Love which could have been entitled A Tale of Misunderstandings and People Who Are Too Bullheaded To Even Consider Talking Things Out, … but I digress.

Until You was a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed the storyline and thought Stephen was very charming before he became an ass—but he wasn’t too big an ass considering his bride had left him at the altar. He did wait several hours
Duchess Nicole
This is, without a doubt, one of the most ROMANTIC books I have ever read. I can’t remember another book that had me this captivated. Though I must admit that I’m in a bit of a fog as I sit here to write this review. I went into the beginning of Until You with semi-low expectations. After Kingdom of Dreams and Whitney My Love shot Judith McNaught into a favorite author spot, I was hesitant to read something of hers that would lessen my opinion of her skill. And this one had ratings (3.98 at the ...more
Mo
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5. It sort of dragged in the middle but picked up again towards the end.

“Looking at you has been my favorite pastime from the moment you asked me to describe your face," he said solemnly, looking straight into her eyes.”

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
After recently going on a historical romance binge, I was shocked to discover that I have never read a Judith McNaught book. I know, I know! Quit judging me! But better late than never, right?

Also, my sincerest apologies to my OCD squad for reading book 3 first, but I can firmly attest to this being a standalone. I had no problems diving right into this world, even though it was clear that characters from the previous books have cameos in this one.

I'll admit the writing style took me a bi
Pikolina
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha gustado mucho la historia de Sheridan y Stephen, tanto porque me parecen muy buenos protagonistas como por la historia en sí.
Excepto los primeros capitulos en los que se cuenta un poco la historia de ambos protas y es quizás muy narrativo, el resto va muy fluido y engancha bastante.
Me ha parecido muy entretenido y muy romántico, asique lo recomiendo 100%
Eastofoz
Feb 25, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who want to finish up the Westmoreland series
What a meh, blah, ‘that’s it ?’ read from Judith McNaught. This book felt like it’d never really end and the steam is virtually nonexistent between the h/h. A real disappointment for this final installment in her Westmoreland series especially considering that the first two, Whitney, My Love and A Kingdom of Dreams, were 5 star keeper shelf reads.

The whole story centres around Sheridan Bromleigh, a lady’s companion from the US, who accompanies her charge Charise Lancaster (aka the spoiled brat h
Joanna Loves Reading
Read as part of the BOTM challenge in HR book club (jilted at the altar theme)

This was my first McNaught, and I thought her writing was in general delightful. Her writing includes much sly wit and humor that I enjoyed. I can see why she is so well-loved by many HR readers.

I really loved the heroine in many ways. Sheridan is a resilient and strong heroine, a type that appeals to me greatly. She has a very unconventional upbringing as vagabond on the American frontier with her father and many colo
Karen
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

[image error]  photo 727928.png

“Looking at you has been my favorite pastime from the moment you asked me to describe your face.”

Another fabulously romantic story from Judith McNaught!!!! I am now completely addicted to her writing, and have just purchased four more of her paperbacks (since they aren’t available in ebook format)! I CAN’T GET ENOUGH of these characters. She has this incredible ability to spin a story into a hurricane of romantic bliss.

This story was very different from the first two boo
Irene Sim
4,5 stars!

I loved Sherry and how brave, honest and adventurous she is. Even if her romantic mind sometimes was a little OTP she still amazed me!

Stephen couldn't recognize his own mind and feelings even if they slapted him in the face. Such a pigheaded male.... He still broke my heart when (view spoiler).

I loved how Whitney and Clayton were portrayed in the book as a married couple and tried to "help" things...
Chantal ❤️
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review in a few.
I had issues with this reread.
Hollis
While this rating and review might seem harsh after my glowing-ish reviews of books one (glowing) and two (ish), I'm beginning to think my all-out love for KINGDOM OF DREAMS was a fluke. My rating of WHITNEY, MY LOVE was high despite the walking asshole of a hero and all because of the heroine, and in UNTIL YOU.. I just can't find it in myself to rate well for any of it.

Whatever magic and wonderfulness began with the first Westmoreland has clearly diluted itself over the generations as all subs
Bookphenomena (Micky)
1.5-2 stars

I don't know what it is with me and McNaught but I fear we are not meant to be. Book one must have been a fluke of wonderfulness. Then book two broke me. Now book three felt like it was written by a different author in terms of writing style and yet the shitty hero and annoying heroine situation felt strangely reminiscent of my feelings over Whitney My Love.

This story was a case of tennis, I was the spectator looking back and forth between each shot, often rolling eyes and getting gen
Esther
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this one but didn't love it.

I'm not sure exactly what didn't work for me in this romance, I'll have to think on this one and come back with a review.
Barbara
Jan 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ok ladies here's another major hit from McNaught!!! As you all know she's one of my faves and I wasn't in the least bit disapointed in this one. I just hate to love books like this one... You know the kind where your on the edge of your seat just knowing that at any minute the book will take a turn for the worse (or the best depending on how you look at it) and the lives of the characters will never be the same? Thats how "Until You" was. Sherry lost her memory and with that came the loss of her ...more
Maricarmen Mar
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leído, leído-2017
Una bonita historia de amor llena de pasión y sentimientos que me ha gustado recordar. Una lectura agradable, ligera, divertida, apasionante y con su toque correspondiente de suspense y humor.

Disfrutas de los bailes y vestidos de época, costumbres y vida de la alta sociedad Londinense, ya que está ambientada en la Inglaterra de principios del siglo XIX. Particularmente a mí me gusta mucho esa ambientación y la descripción de los detalles, lugares, costumbres, etc… perfectas.

He leído unas cuantas
Mai
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was okay but I don't really like it as much as other JM books.
Amber
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Amber by: Fran
So I think I'm done with Judith McNaught....I tried. Kingdom of Dreams is seriously one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE books. But I find I'm just too sensitive a reader to truly enjoy anything else she's written. There always seems to be just one scene (or more) that takes the book I've been loving and truly enjoying and just flushing it all down the toilet. Too far to be recovered. I really was loving this one. Then THE SCENE. Ugh. So in the end, I liked it, but I still feel too sad about what occurre ...more
MBR
Until You by Judith McNaught is one of my favorite books by an author who would always remain as one of those that are unforgettable for me as a romance reader. For myself, authors like Judith McNaught remains as my go to authors when most books of today fails to satisfy me and hit all those spots that need to be petted and stroked when I pick up a romance to read.

Until You is the 3rd book in the Westmoreland saga and tells the story of Stephen David Elliott Westmoreland, Earl of Langford, Baron
Michelle
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!

Stephen Westmoreland, Earl of Langford, is England's most desired bachelor. One night Lord Burleton, whose wedding is the very next night, accidentally steps in front of Stephens carriage causing his death. Though it was only an accident, Stephen is torn with guilt for what he's done. He learns that the only family of Lord Burleton is his fiance who is arriving by ship that very next day! Set to make things right, Stephen heads to the ship to inform Charise Lancaster t
Sophie ♥
...And yet another winner from Judith McNaught.

On the whole this one was quite similar to Once and Always. I could see so many similarities between Victoria and Sherry. I don't know if any of you noticed, but both heroines had childhood sweethearts who come back to marry them after a long separation only to find them married to the hero (in Once and Always it was Andrew who came to marry Victoria and in Until You it was Rafe who arrived in England to make good on his promise to marry Sherry). I
Helena
Dec 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I DNF-ed it after about 70%, it was not worth it. Not to mention that both this and the last book could've been cut in half.
Mary - Buried Under Romance
This is my first book by Judith McNaught and true to its favorable ratings, it is a very good read. UNTIL YOU is something like the embodiment of a pure romance novel, in that the romance takes precedence over everything else; no murder, intrigue, dastardly villain marred the pages of this book, which of course, may imply that the plot drags, but I am thankful to say that it does not, until about 70% of the book.

The amnesia trope has been utilized to allow for greater romantic development betwee
Océano de libros
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charise Lancaster se desplaza de América a Inglaterra junto a su institutriz para reunirse con su prometido. Pero las cosas se complican y la institutriz sufre un accidente y de la noche a la mañana todos la confunden con la prometida.
Esta vez la historia se ambienta en el año 1824, nuestra protagonista Sheridan Bromleigh es una jovencita bastante espabilada, su vida anterior a convertirse en institutriz es bastante animada, entretenida y así lo veremos en varios pasajes del libro. Pero bien, t
Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder
CNF 9/30/2018 @ 60%

1) Apparently "amnesia" gives me the heebie jeebies. I can't take kissing and getting touchy-feely with a woman who has no memory of who she is. I can't buy into a romance or relationship with a heroine who has lost her memory. Blech!

2) Problems aside from the yucky amnesia:
I don't think HR readers will disagree if I say that we have all seen the book where the hero's womenfolk have decided that he "needs" to get married and the womenfolk set about trying to make that happen.
Mei
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
For me this is a 4 and 1/2 well deserved stars!

Since the latest released HR I've read and didn't like at all, these older books have a shine of thier own when compared!

Here the story is not overly complicated, just enough to be interesting and appreciated! Even if I found the amnesia thing a little bit too streched.

I liked the hero and the heroine both. I loved her when she was growing as an urchin with her father, her indian and spaniard friends. I liked her less as lady, but even then she was
Fran
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is absolutely one of the most romantic books ever! I listened to the audiobook and I really couldn't stop smiling, laughing, cringing, and feeling giddy all over, and my gosh, ALL THE FEELS!!!

I've read many of Judith McNaught's stuff before but I can't believe I waited this long to read this one. Sheridan Bromleigh is definitely my kind of a HR heroine -- not the shy and always blushing type.

I swear, even if you're not a fan of historical romance but you love any kind of romance, you woul
Piper
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous story and a perfect end to a perfect series!!! I didn't even take time to post any updates. Loved, loved, loved this book!!!!!! Cannot wait to read another series from this talented author.
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
Ioanna Xristodoyloy
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
βαρόνοι, βρετανική ύπαιθρος και δεν σημαζευεται
ένα μεγάλο και χορταστικό στην πραγματικοτητα αρλεκιν που πέρασα υπέροχα διαβάζοντας το καρδιοχτυπησα με τους ήρωες πετώντας πάνω σε ένα ροζ συννεφάκι.
το διάβασα μέσα σε μια μέρα και το άφησα αφού η ωρα ειχε παει 3 το πρωί και το βιβλίο ειχε τελειώσει
η ποιοτική μεσα μου μου ρίχνει μουτζες και το ρομανς γκερλ στροβιλίζετε στους ρυθμούς του βαλς
το αγάπησα !
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Historical romance, heroine with amnesia. [s] 5 114 Dec 14, 2018 11:24AM

• The Lion's Lady (Crown's Spies, #1)
  • Texas Splendor (Texas Trilogy, #3)
  • Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
  • Passion (Passion Quartet, #1)
  • When Angels Fall
  • To Pleasure a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2)
  • A Rose at Midnight
  • Tender Rebel (Malory Family, #2)
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)
  • Minx (The Splendid Trilogy, #3)
  • The Prize (deWarenne Dynasty, #4)
  • A Kiss to Remember (Once Upon a Time, #3)
You can find Judith McNaught in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorjudith...

Judith McNaught is a #1 New York Times Best-Selling Author, with more than forty million copies of her novels in print, in over eighty countries and more than thirty languages. She was also the first female executive producer at a CBS radio station. McNaught is credited with inventing the modern Regency Historical ro

Westmoreland Saga (4 books)
  • A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1)
  • Whitney, My Love (Westmoreland, #2)
  • Can't Take My Eyes Off of You
“If I had a hundred kingdoms, I would trade them all for you, my dearest love. I
was nothing until you.”
42 likes
“Sheridan bit back a teary smile at his quip, afraid to believe him, afraid to trust him, and unable to stop herself because she loved him. "Look at me," Stephen said, tipping her chin up again, and this time her glorious eyes looked into his. "I have several reasons for asking you to walk into that chapel, where there is a vicar waiting for us, but guilt is not among them. I also have several things to ask of you before you agree to go in there with me."

"What sort of things?"

"I would like you to give me daughters with your hair and your spirit," he said, beginning to enumerate his reasons and requests. "I would like my sons to have your eyes and your courage. Now, if that's not what you want, then give me any combination you like, and I will humbly thank you for giving me any child we make."

Happiness began to spread through Sheridan until it was so intense she ached from it. "I want to change your name," he said with a tender smile, "so there's no doubt who you are ever again, or who you belong to." He slid his hands up and down her arms, looking directly into her eyes. "I want the right to share your bed tonight and every night from this day onward. I want to make you moan in my arms again, and I want to wake up wrapped in yours."

He shifted his hands and cradled her cheeks, his thumbs brushing away two tears at the edges of her shimmering eyes. "Last of all, I want to hear you say 'I love you' every day of my life. If you aren't ready to agree to that last request right now, I would be willing to wait until tonight, when I believe you will. In return for all those concessions, I will grant you every wish that is within my power to grant you.”
33 likes