Start by marking “Heal Your Body A-Z” as Want to Read:
Heal Your Body A-Z

Heal Your Body A-Z

Arranged in an A-to-Z format, this step-by-step guide looks at the reader's specific health challenge, the probable cause for this health issue, and the information needed to overcome it by creating a new thought pattern.
Published January 1st 2001 by Hay House (first published November 30th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Heal Your Body A-Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heal Your Body A-Z

Anna
Apr 05, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna by: Kymia
I would love to say that I believe in this stuff (there's a HUGE "but" coming) BUT while I do think there's some truth to the "mind over body" way of thinking, I don't think you can really wish away a cyst or cancer. I wish you could and I do think a positive attitude can go a long way but when I get sick I want to make sure I have a good, qualified physician taking care of me, not this book.
Mamey
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-self-help
I LOVE Louise Hay! This book is a great addition to those particular books that you will go back to often. Reference books, is what I call them. I love her philosophy and her concepts of what you say becomes your life. Very powerful. As I read through some of the health issue's I've experienced, I had to really be honest with myself and admit alot of uncomfortable things about myself. It was eye-opening and hopefully will stick and remain with me forever so I can continue to grow and improve my ...more
Gwendoline Van
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Much more simplistic than I imagined, I nonetheless enjoyed this book. Hay essentially distills all ailments as falling into two buckets--expressions of anger or expressions of fear.

“The mental thought patterns that cause the most dis-ease in the body are criticism, anger, resentment, and guilt."

The idea is that you look to your physical ailments to give you clues about your emotional and psychological health. Hay offers up mantras to counter what your ailments reveal.

A few of the ailments tha
Paola Galarza
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Louis Hay

Everything -good or bad- starts with our thoughts. Feeding our heart and mind with the right thoughts can make a huge difference. Love is all we need.
Aimee
Oct 02, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great, easy to access book if you are looking into alternative approaches to health and wellness. It's based on metaphysical philosophies of health and disease (dis-ease). I highly recommend it if you are looking to improve your quality of life, better understand your body, and are able to keep an open mind.
Cam
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great reference tool. I'm a massage therapist and energy worker, and when I introduce clients to the idea that emotions could be contributing to their physical health, it's a powerful thing! A must have for any Lightworker, Bodywork, Massage Therapist, Reiki Master, etc.
Sandy
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Great reference book

Be advised: this is set up as a reference book. There are some instructions at the beginning, then most of the rest of the book consists of charts of various symptoms.

How to use this book:
Read through the intro material then go through each ailment and highlight the ones that apply to you. Then, go back and make a list of the affirmations next to the condition(s) you want to tackle first. I found myself with an unexpectedly long list! If your list is too, don't get discourag
Lauren
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know about this...

I may have missed the point here, but I feel it is slightly irresponsible to insinuate that all illness and ailments originate from negative thought. I do agree with the power of positive thinking and can understand that issues such as skin complaints originate from stress and bad feelings. However, there are numerous reasons people get diseases like cancer. The most positive, optimistic children get it. Some things are hereditary. Maybe I interpreted this book all wron
Jenni Steel
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Heal Your Body A-Z as I use self-healing for myself. When I purchased the book it was via a friend and the book basically confirmed to me, that I was healing my body in a similar way Louise Hay healed herself. I believe if you follow her book and carry out her advice anything is possible.
Wendy
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
While some of what this book proclaims make sense, it’s a bit problematic for me in several areas. I think, for starters, it’s a simplification. And when I saw that “death” was listed as something you could cure with your thoughts, it was hard for it to keep credibility for me. There are better Louise Hays books to read.
Nosiphiwo
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A love the book but it does not give much detail.

It's a great book to read but it lacks detail. I would have loved for her to get into the detail of why & how. I get the message she is trying to drive though.
renaldo
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You Can Heal Yourself

This book is helpful to those seeking to be healed in a natural way. Not every will agree to what Louise is saying but if you do the mental work you will find out what she's saying is right on point!
AliceinWonderland
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
- A great reference guide for all types of ailments in your body.
- I use it all the time, to remind myself of the mantras and it works! Disease does start from the emotional body and once we can heal that, the body heals itself.
Gwen Lester-Cunningham
If you believe in the power of the mind to heal, this is the book for you. You will be amazed at how spot on the author is with the reasons for your illnesses, and if you repeat and believe the affirmations, they will work miraculously.
Livi Lawrence
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
If you’ve practiced mirror work you’d probably find this a bit useful.
Heather Danielle
A must for anyone who wants the mental reason for physical issues.
Chelsea
I gave it 3 stars because it is too short. I thought I was buying the full version.
Karen Roach
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't understand

Thought I was going to read a book that was easy to understand but I found it quite difficult to follow
Karyogini
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple and straight to the point.

It’s a good reference for dis-ease and matching affirmations. :) There is a short meditative message you can read at the end to help aid healing.
joann L. Hawk
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review

An interesting starting point to determine the metaphysical connections of many ailments. Contains many positive affirmations specific to the ailment.
Kay
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This handy reference guide covers a variety of ailments, their root mental causes, and new though patterns you cna use as affirmations to relieve your problems. It isn't always easy to believe that physical problems are the result of "stinking thinking", but as I read through the list of physical problems, Identifying those that have plagued me in my lifetime, i noticed a pattern. Nearly all of the physical problems I have experienced relate to an inability to let go of the past or an inability ...more
Rachel
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was suggest to me by my daughters therapist. I love it! It has some very interesting information in it. Even if you are not "new age" minded it will give you a great deal to think about. It connects feeling and psychology to physical ailments. We are finding out more everyday that this type of science has merit. I am a very logical and science fact based person and this book still spoke volumes to me.
Cortney Durbin
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
Very interesting stuff. I looked up my ailments and saw a very distinct pattern of alleged thought processes that made perfect sense for me. In my case (according to her ailments and their causes) I don't trust the universe, have a hard time letting go of the past, and harbor a lot of anger and resentment. I'd say that's extremely true.

I think this book is a great guide and tool for getting one thinking more positively!
Elena
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first place I or someone I know has an ailment. This book really helps illustrate the mind/body connection. I often find that the spiritual meanings make a lot of sense. I've not had much success with using the suggested affirmations to correct the problems--but that's my fault because I haven't put in the effort of saying them. Overall, a very interesting book and a must-have for the spirit junkie's library.
Jill
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Only good for people who are open to hoke-pokey ideas like self-healing through positive affirmations (like me!) Although I agree it does seem pretty funny to read introspective reasons for having gonorrheh and positive affirmations to correct the problem. (I would just say the reason is not a need for punishment for being a "bad" person, just the result of having unprotected sex.)
Aaron
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great healing guide for you and your loved ones

I liked that you could jump straight, find problems that are ailing you most, and begin to heal them immediately. For future readers, I say open your mind and take in what the author has to say. I recommend this book.
Shelley
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nutrition-health
I think I checked out a summary edition of this book two years ago and thought it a joke. Somehow I came across the full version and actually found it very interesting this time. I guess I not as narrow minded as last time I looked at it. Heh.
Mary
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book has the listing of diseases and metaphysical causations that Louise's little blue book contains, but the feel of the book is much richer. The tactile experience is far superior. I much prefer this book.
Kenneth Jr.
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intersting perspectove

I have a hard time believing anything I just read but hey, I've heard of odder things that happened. Take it for what this book is worth. Louise Hay is one of my faves though. She is a warrior and her affirmations are so sincere.
Richard
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must Have!

I'm not big on self help mumbo jumbo, but I can honestly say this book opened my eyes to many things. I am using a few of the affirmations and I already see a positive change in me. I would suggest everyone read this.. It may just make the world a better place.
  • Quantum-Touch: The Power to Heal
  • The EFT Manual
  • How to Organize Your Life (At Home)
  • The Essential Guide to Aromatherapy and Vibrational Healing
  • Being the Starfish: 7 Steps to Sharing So People Want to Buy
  • The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention
  • One-Dish Vegan: More than 150 Soul-Satisfying Recipes for Easy and Delicious One-Bowl and One-Plate Dinners
  • The EveryGirl's Guide to Life
  • The Total ME-Tox: How to Ditch Your Diet, Move Your Body & Love Your Life
  • Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight
  • The Fit Bottomed Girls Anti-Diet: 10-Minute Fixes to Get the Body You Want and a Life You'll Love
  • Uncovering Happiness: Overcoming Depression with Mindfulness and Self-Compassion
  • A Life Worth Breathing: A Yoga Master's Handbook of Strength, Grace, and Healing
  • Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Question
  • Trust Me
  • Your Body Doesn't Lie
  • A Magical Course in Tarot: Reading the Cards in a Whole New Way
  • The Crystal Healer: Crystal prescriptions that will change your life forever
Louise Hay was born to a poor mother who married Hay's violent stepfather. When she was about five, she was raped by a neighbor. At fifteen she dropped out of high school without a diploma, became pregnant, and on her sixteenth birthday gave up her newborn baby girl for adoption.

She moved to Chicago, where she worked in menial jobs, before moving in 1950 to New York. At this point she changed her
“How you start your day is how you live your day. How you live your day is how you live your life.” 25 likes
“If we are willing to do the mental work, almost anything can be healed.” 14 likes