Start by marking “Plenty of Penguins” as Want to Read:
Plenty of Penguins

Plenty of Penguins

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Filled with informative facts and told in simple and delightful rhymes, this easy-to-read title is the perfect introduction to the world of penguins. Readers will learn about a variety of penguins, their living and eating habits, and more
Published November 1st 2000 by Cartwheel (first published October 8th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Plenty of Penguins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plenty of Penguins

Archit Ojha
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Full of informative facts, Plenty of Penguins explores everything it can about Penguins!
Aneesa
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Not our favorite penguin book.
Jessica Minnoia
Feb 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
This is a nice informational text that is written in a rhyming poetic fashion that will help to grasp children's attention. There are simple penguin facts such as their diet, where they live, and the fact they can't fly, and many other facts.
It is written very simply so this book would be appropriate for grades Pre-K to grade 1. I would use this book as a read-aloud for an introduction on penguins. This book is a must read for any young penguin lover!
This book has a nice page at the end with
Tanya
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
It's written in a way that you want it to rhyme but it doesn't. Fun penguin information for little ones though.
 Mummy Cat Claire
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
My child picked this book out from her school library. She is learning to read and this is an easy reader.

I thought it was harder than easy. The book tells of different types of penguins. It is quite educational but I found the words to be harder than easy.

Short and to the point, my daughter liked the pictures of all the different types of penguins.
Gordon Pennington
Dec 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: informational
This picture book takes an informative look at different types of penguins and penguin habits. Some of the sentences rhyme and it has colorful illustrations. Plenty of Penguins is written in the first person perspective so it’s like the penguin/penguins are describing themselves to the reader. The book starts out by showing different penguin traits, goes on to penguin habitats, discusses penguin recreational activities including their eating habits, and finally describes some baby penguin chicks ...more
Robert Beveridge
Sonia W. Black, Plenty of Penguins (Scholastic, 1999)

Cute intro to penguins. Excellent illustrations. But the rhyme scheme has a tendency to fall by the wayside, and there is at least one piece here where the author is really stretching it to get the education value (yes, “colonies” and “rookeries” do rhyme, but putting them in the same couplet makes from some really awkward reading). The bean is very much enjoying the illustrations, but about half the time we just let him “read” it on his own,
Dolly
Nov 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
This is a fun and simple book about penguins. The colorful illustrations and rhyming narrative will encourage young readers. Our youngest brought this book home from her first grade class and read it aloud to us. We enjoyed reading it together and talking about the different types of penguins and the identifying characteristics for each.
Kelly Thevenot
Plenty of Penguins is an informational childrens book that uses short sentences so it can be easily read by a younger student. I would incorporate this book into a lesson teaching children aboutthe artic animal, a penguin. The book also list important words to remember, which can be beneficial to children's learning.
Amanda
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was a quick and easy read to introduce and set an overview of penguins and their life cycle. I feel this book would work best for kindergarteners because of the great illustrations and simple words. Overall, this book was very informative and I enjoyed it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »