Start by marking “A Body to Die For (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Body to Die For (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #2)

A Body to Die For

(Bailey Weggins Mystery #2)

One of the savviest single urbanites ever to take up sleuthing and still look great, Bailey Weggins made her smashing debut in Kate White’s If Looks Could Kill, a dishy and delectable New York Times bestseller and the first Reading With Ripa Book Club selection. Now the Gloss magazine true-crime writer returns in a story of high style and low murder that goes behind the sa ...more
Published June 2nd 2003 by Warner Books (NY) (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Body to Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Body to Die For

Start your review of A Body to Die For (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #2)
ABookwormWithWine
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5

A Body to Die For by Kate White was such a fun second book to the Bailey Weggins series! It was shorter than If Looks Could Kill and more concise, but still had the trademark descriptions that I have come to love White for. "In the mirror I noticed that my face was flushed. Nothing serious, just the same degree of red you'd see on someone who'd been scorched by a blowtorch or was in the throes of scarlet fever." How can I not love descriptions like that?

White is seriously the bes
Marie
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I just recently discovered this series of 'Bailey Weggins' mysteries, this book being number two. I absolutely LOVED this series. It is a light mystery read and this suited me just fine as I grew a little tired of some of the over the top, extremely graphic murder mysteries I had been reading. One critic describes this series as "Nancy Drew meets Sex and The City" and I fully agree. This series has a refreshing, contemporary feel with a murder mystery thrown in. I enjoyed Bailey's sharp, sarca
Tamara
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read!
L.E. Fidler
kate white's fluffy but oddly thrilling bailey weggins mysteries are my new favorite books to read. they are the perfect weight to hold in one hand while walking around a screaming infant and singing "The Alphabet Dirge".

i wish i were joking about that last bit.

these books are easily digestible, well-paced, and fun. they require minimal effort to read and the picture falls into place in a way that is predictable, yet satisfying.

my biggest problems with the series are:
1. bailey is sort of a slut
Мεģαnn
Dec 25, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't think the author could decide whether she wanted this to be a Sue Grafton mystery or a Meg Cabot mystery, so instead, she settled for the worst of both worlds: two dimensional characters that run around like recently decapitated chickens, and a middle-aged main character with the emotional maturity of a high school girl.

The blurbs on the back of the book said that the main character, Bailey Weggins, was down-to-earth, and self-deprecating, which is ironic, considering that she spent most
Ferne
May 12, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone that likes a combination of mystery, crime, & romance all against the backdrop of Manhattan.
I like this series! I like the lead character Bailey Weggins including her vehicle of choice (Jeep). I'm not sure why I missed Book 2 as I've read Book 1, 3, and 4 but I knew that I wanted to go back and read the story missed and I'm glad I did. I don't want to miss any of Bailey's adventures and/or sleuthing.

Bailey Weggins is still working as a contributing editor for Gloss magazine and an assignment isn't due until next Friday so it seems the perfect time to enjoy a little R&R at the Cedar Inn
Denise
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Body to Die For by Kate White is a well written mystery that takes place in a spa. The characters are well developed, likeable and interesting. The main female character is a perfect example of why the book was interesting. It is a true page turner as I finished this novel in one day. My neighbour recommended this book because one of victims’ last name was Gianelli. I just had to read it and was not disappointed! Will look forward to reading more books by Kate White.
Hermien
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced easy to read murder mystery with a likeable amateur sleuth.
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
The second Bailey Weggins, and a fun read!!!

There's only so many times I can gush about the fun Bailey Weggins series, but I suppose if I'm reviewing, its as good a place to gush as any! Bailey Weggins is a fictional true crime writer in New York City, who routinely finds herself in the middle of a murder scene, and uses her keen journalistic skills and brain to help solve the mystery. I've heard the Bailey Weggins books described as Sex and the City meets Nancy Drew, and its very accurate!

Some
Carol
Feb 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This audio book is just plain fun. Bailey Weggins is a funny, hardedged (but vulnerable) detective heroine who won’t mind her own business. That’s the premise of all kinds of other female detectives I can think of – Sue Grafton, P.D. James, Elizabeth Peters, Anne Perry – to name just a few – all dream up this kind of heroine.

How is Bailey different? I like her comic side, her can’t-resist-bad-men ways. Or are they bad? We’ve got two romantic guys here, Beck (the gorgeous, kiss-me-hard cop) and J
Linda
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I simply love reading the Bailey Weggins mystery novels by Kate White. "A Body to Die For" is the third book I've read by this talented author, and second in the Bailey Weggins series. Ms. White keeps me guessing and changing my mind nearly every page and the ending is always a delightful surprise. Can't wait to read the next book in the series, "Til Death Do Us Part"!
Danni
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Borrowed book. This one was a little harder to figure out.
Katherine Berger
Kinda blah. But then again, I did read it....
Coralee Hicks
The lives of the rich would not be complete without Spa Days. Who would not wish to spend a day filled with soothing massages, manicures, pedicures, even perhaps a seaweed wrap? All the luxurious temptations are here in White's second installment of the Bailey Weggins Mystery series.

Bailey needs a break. Still recovering from the adventure in book 1, she is also disheartened by possibly being dumped by her new man. Drawn and tired, she jumps at the chance for a free weekend at an elegant B & B
Shanika Amazan
Aug 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
3.5 stars. I enjoy the Bailey Weggins mystery series because they are kind of a "fluffy" mystery. Bailey is a writer that freelances for a few different magazines in New York City, but tends to prefer the true crime stories. Especially stories where she can dig in a become the amateur detective. She always seems to find trouble and always wants to find romance in her life. She's a smart, chic character that often does some dumb things that make you roll your eyes. This book is no exception...

In
Primadonna
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Between 2 and 3. It is actually an enjoyable read. However, too much details tend to cloud the issue. And the ending is just meh, too abrupt. In a way, it is true, this is like a Nancy Drew mystery. Light and sometimes fun and it can be shallow at times. I think the issue with Mylar thing is way too much, the culprit could have done it differently, I suppose. But I guess the usage of Mylar is meant to be shocking and frightening.
Helen Campbell
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This, the second book in the Bailey Weggins series, was a big improvement over Kate White's first book. There is more dialogue, shorter paragraphs and the story flowed smoothly. Bailey is a unique character who never takes advice and always gets into trouble because of that. Kind of like real life, eh?
Karen Sheldon
Good follow up

I'm really enjoying this series. One of the special treats is the comic relief she throws in here and there. I liked it because I wasn't sure about "who Dunn it" till Bailey did.
Aj
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
Wow just wow. I'm not gonna lie I didn't see this one coming but at the same time I had a niggling in the back of my brain that the killer was someone who I'd never expect.
I really liked this story despite the fact that I equally abhor stories where curiosity almost kills the cat.
Manjit
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder mystery thriller, will not be able to put it away till it is finished. Easy read for vacations.
Cassidy
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nothing special, but an easily read, fun mystery. Rolled my eyes a few times but overall didn't mind some mindless fluff.
Lori
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it, haven’t read her before but will look for her other books
Mintzis
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A crime writer turns detective. The plot has lots of red herrings, including lots of hunks who parade as possible love interest for the crime writer. Yuck. Too much.
Deb White
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bailey, who is a freelance writer of crime, is asked to help a friend who owns a spa in Warren, MA. A massage therapist is murdered. Who did it? Bailey investigates.
Annie
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very much enjoy this series
Tammy
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one. A very quick read, it felt reminiscent of Mary Higgins Clark to me.
Andrea
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new author for me
Kamaya Tarpley
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was literally SO weird but in the best way lol
Diana
Fun, light, set in early 2000s so funny to read about so many references of people leaving answering machine messages.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Vera Kelly Is Not A Mystery
  • My Perfect Wife
  • Dear Anna
  • Angel's Tip (Ellie Hatcher, #2)
  • The Last Wife
  • The Breakup Doctor (The Breakup Doctor, #1)
  • The Camera Never Blinks: Adventures of a TV Journalist
  • Rather Outspoken: My Life in the News
  • The Palace Guard
  • Nothing Can Hurt You
  • The Stepdaughter
  • A Guide to Sheltering-In-Place (The Prepper's Survival Guide Series)
  • Gwendy's Magic Feather (The Button Box, #2)
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • The Old Blue Line (Joanna Brady, #15.5)
  • Blue Smoke and Murder (St. Kilda Consulting, #4)
  • The Look-Alike
  • Rated
Kate White is the award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of twelve novels of suspense: seven Bailey Weggins mysteries and five psychological thrillers, including The Secrets You Keep. Her next suspense novel, Such a Perfect Wife, will be published on May 7, 2019.

For fourteen years she served as the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, and though she loved the job (and the Cosmo beau

Bailey Weggins Mystery (8 books)
  • If Looks Could Kill (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #1)
  • 'Til Death Do Us Part (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #3)
  • Over Her Dead Body (Bailey Weggins Mystery #4)
  • Lethally Blond (Bailey Weggins Mystery #5)
  • So Pretty it Hurts (Bailey Weggins Mystery #6)
  • Even if it Kills Her (Bailey Weggins Mystery #7)
  • Such a Perfect Wife