Start by marking “The Demigod Diaries (The Heroes of Olympus)” as Want to Read:
The Demigod Diaries (The Heroes of Olympus)

The Demigod Diaries

(The Heroes of Olympus Companion)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  40,009 ratings  ·  1,696 reviews
What dangers do runaway demigods Luke and Thalia face on their way to Camp Half-Blood? Are Percy and Annabeth up to the task of rescuing stolen goods from a fire-breathing giant who doesn't take kindly to intruders? How exactly are Leo, Piper, and Jason supposed to find a runaway table, dodge a band of party-loving Maenads (who just might be a little psychotic), and stave ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 244 pages
Published August 14th 2012 by Disney-Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Demigod Diaries, please sign up.
Teresa It's a short story published in the "Demigod Diaries" and it's really awesome!:)
Daksh Dheer It is a short story about the theft of Herme's staff - the caduceus. Not really a book, it is featured in The Demigod Diaries and as a sepreated…moreIt is a short story about the theft of Herme's staff - the caduceus. Not really a book, it is featured in The Demigod Diaries and as a sepreated e-book too.
Percy and Annabeth are celebrating their one-month anniversary, and what makes a celebration better for a demigod than a life-threatening quest with a time-limit? (less)

·  40,009 ratings  ·  1,696 reviews

Start your review of The Demigod Diaries (The Heroes of Olympus)
Jayson
(B+) 77% | Good
Notes: Bookended with tales of deathly bedevilment, it’s a motley mélange, made colorful and cheery by a cotton candy core.
Marrie
I'm not done yet but... Percy Jackson and The Staff of Hermes had So. Much. Percabeth. It hurt!

description

And again.. Rick has managed to break my heart with Percabeth, this time only in a matter of 50 pages or so.

Rick, you troll.

------

As you can tell, this book gave me some major feels. I loved all the stories. I loved learning about old and new characters and hearing about their actions. My favorite story? Percy Jackson and The Staff of Hermes and Luke's Diary, no contest. Not that I didn't love Leo
Carissa
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I got this for my birthday, which was awesome. I sat down on the couch and didn't talk to anybody for several hours.
It was great to see Luke and Thalia before they reached Camp Halfblood or any of the later craziness occured. I think I like Luke now more than I ever did.
The Percy & Annabeth Story: Oh, how I've missed them. Together. In the same book/shortstory/whatever. I like first person perspective better than third person in general, and I love Percy's narration. Plus George and Martha
Justin
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
You know I love anything by Rick Riordan! :D

The Diary of Luke Castellan:

Thank you, Rick, for writing this story!! It was interesting to know about the dangers Luke and Thalia faced before The Lightning Thief and before Annabeth. And now I know how Aegis came to be and how exactly Annabeth got that dagger! :P

Percy Jackson and the Staff of Hermes:

Nice great story about Percabeth! :P I noticed how he put a reference to what happened in the past books he wrote. I love the humor Rick always puts
Juan Manuel Sarmiento
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Si eres fan de la saga de Percy Jackson, este libro debe estar sí o sí en tu colección.
Reseña completa en THE BEST READ YET BLOG
Ellie
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sadly, I can't say this was as good as the Files. Probably because there weren't as many interviews. Those were hilarious. The stories were good--Haley Riordan's was great.
Natasha
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, middle-grade
The Demigod Diaries, like The Demigod Files, serves as an interlude between two of Rick Riordan's books in the main series. While all the stories in the Files all happen during the summer between The Battle of the Labyrinth and The Last Olympian, the four stories in this book all happen at different times, which I found helped me understand and become more involved in the Percy Jackson universe.

The Diary of Luke Castellan was a really interesting read for me. It's interesting to see Luke as the
Debra
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a fun addition to the Percy Jackson and Hero's of Olympus series. I enjoyed reading the diary entries of Luke, Percy and Leo. What I loved most was reading about how the Author began writing the Percy Jackson series - he was inspired by his son who was diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia (as are the demigods) and that Percy Jackson sprang to life in bedtime stories he told his son. I also liked that his son also had a story at the end of the book. This is a good book to read for any fans ...more
Circe
I need this like I need the air to breathe.
**Sognatrice di libri**
Una lettura davvero scorrevole e molto piacevole, la parte che ho preferito di più è stata quella con Percy ed Annabeth.
Melanie
Really pleased with this companion book love the short stories<3. Laughed so much when Percy forgot about the one month anniversary with Annabeth... And Burford the table!?!?! Hahaha sooo randoms and amusing. I have no words to describe how much I love Rick Riordan's writings as they are just beyond my expectations:) And Haley, you are going to be just as successful as your father one day because that short story captivated me from start to end!!!
Joost
Ik wil naar Kamp Halfbloed... Lees hier mijn recensie over deze verhalen over alle Halfgoden!
Sandra Lawerson

3.5

En esta recopilación de historias cortas vamos a acompañar a Luke y a Thalia en la aventura por la que conocieron a una peculiar niña llamada Annabeth. Siendo compañeros de viaje, y de lucha, ambos siguen pistas de los dioses para sobrevivir, hasta que se meten en una casa en la que no todo es lo que parece, ya que nuevos peligros acechan, donde tendrán que enfrentarse a una batalla de ingenio si quieren sobrevivir. Por su parte, Percy y Annabeth están disfrutando de un momento de relax
 Ana
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the stories The Diary of Luke Castellan and Son of Magic. I enjoyed reading about Thalia, Luke and Annabeth's wanderings. It made me a little sad, reading that diary, about a friendship that could have been, but never was.
And it was interesting to find out what happened to the demigods who fought in Kronos's army and why can monsters trace demigods so easily. Of course that Hera had her fingers in that, ironic. A family member everyone wants to have.
Amira
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In questo libro segreto di Eroi dell'Olimpo sono contenute tre storie bonus che riguardano sia la Percy Jackson saga che appunto Eroi dell'Olimpo, più una quarta scritta dal figlio di Rick.

La prima "Il Diario di Luke Castellan" come già anticipa il titolo stesso parla del periodo in cui lui e Thalia facevano squadra per sopravvivere ai mostri che attentavano alla loro vita ed è anche quello in cui hanno incontrato Annabeth rendendola ufficialmente parte della loro piccola famiglia.
(Ri)trovare
Lia
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus fans
Shelves: 2019
This was an excellent complement to both the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series!

It was very interesting reading Luke's diary and it's so sad seeing how bitter and hurt he already felt at such a young age. On the bright sight, I loved how him and Thalia were able to get out of trouble, when they found little Annabeth and the story behind her dagger.

The second story, Percy Jackson and the Staff of Hermes, was my favorite without a doubt. (view spoiler)
Cassie Hawkings
Loved it! I loved that we got to see Annabeth and Percy's romance before he disappears. I also loved that we got to see another side of the deceased Son of Hermes, Luke when he was younger and how he along with Thalia acted as surrogate parents to a then 7 year-old Annabeth.

Another great aspect of this book is the interview with George and Martha, the snakes that reside on Hermes' staff.

This book also contains the debut short story, Son of Magic by Rick's son Harley, the inspiration for the
Elena
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
официално се разделих с поредицата...беше едно наистина добро приключение
Anna
Jan 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This was a nice addition to the Heroes of Olympus series, though not a completely necessary one in Uncle Rick's case (I'll explain what I mean).

The book includes a few short stories centered around Luke, Percy and Leo. In Luke's story we take a peek in his life before he came to Camp Half-Blood and his relationship with Thalia and how they came to meet Annabeth. It was a nice addition in the sense that we get to see what Luke has been through and the fact that he didn't 'become a bad person' out
Grace the Book Queen
All the stories in this book were really good, and hilarious of course! Plus we get some Percabeth!!! And I especially liked that we got a look into Luke's head. I think my favorite story would have to Haley Riordan's story, that story was terrific!!
Amelia Oswald
=))) I get to meet the gang again so yay a bonus. This is better than 9 of the nine worlds (I don't even remember the title of that short story though). I guess it's because I like this series better than Magnus Chase or because my love for Rick's books is being worn off.
Sesana
Mar 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Obviously, only for hardcore fans of Riordan's Greek and Roman demigods. I liked it more than the similar The Demigod Files, though there's nothing here that made me quite as happy as Bob the Titan had. There are four stories here, each told from a different perspective. First, one of Luke and Thalia's adventures from their days on the run, before they met Annabeth. Luke's voice is distinct enough from Percy's, in no small part because of how bitter he already was. Next, Percy and Annabeth ...more
Michelle (Shiori)
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Şevval Türkmen
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Susi
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tykkään etenki siitä, että Rick Riordanin poika oli kirjoittanut vikan novellin. Yleisestikin tosi kiva kirja, ei niin hutaistu ja random kuin Demigod Files.
Alexander Draganov
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. The stories are awesome, especially the one about Luke. Riordan never fails to deliver a masterpiece and that's why he is my favorite author.
Evan Quade
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More companion short stories in the Camp Half-Blood universe. Loved them!

If there was one short story I was looking forward to the most in this book, it was the last one called Son of Magic. But this story was actually written by Rick Riordan's son, Haley Riordan. And may I just say this right now:

HALEY DID EXCELLENT!

I know the whole background story of Rick's son and how it was him who inspired Percy Jackson in the first place. From having trouble reading as a little kid to now reading books
Fefi
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brevi racconti con protagonisti Percy & Co. in puro stile accattivante e avventuroso come le serie.
L'ultima storia è stata scritta dal figlio di Rick e spero che spunti presto anche lui come scrittore perché merita, ha fantasia ed è più "oscuro" del padre (o almeno mi fa pensare a questo, visto che ha scelto Ecate come dea del suo racconto)
Sarah Schanze
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-section
This book is basically divided into two parts: what Rick Riordan wrote and what his son Haley wrote.

Everything Rick wrote was, as usual, charming and funny and exciting and cute. He's one of my favorite writers because he knows how to balance the light and the dark, and it never gets too dark, even in life or death situations. His books are perfect "escape" books. They're fluffy, and I love that. I know I'm going to enjoy myself no matter which world or character he's writing.

I would have given
Ailani Bonilla
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again Rick Riordan failed to disappoint me with another one of his amazing books. My favorite part of this book is the Luke's diary because he explains his beginning and how he became the villain he was. I also liked that the book had a quiz to see if you could guess the god's roman form. I liked that because it actually made think about what you read about the gods. Unfortunately I didn't think this book was better than the demigod files because WHO NEEDS THE ROMANS?!(No offense to Jason ...more
Susan
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Normally extensions like these feel like pandering or desperate attempts to mak money. Here though I felt like Riordan just had more stories to tell (he definetly wanted to make money too but thats not really important). Also Percabeth (need I say any more?)! And of course that full circle moment - the son who inspired the story continuing it (I love a good full circle moment).
This is the official end to both my unofficial summer Riordan reread and my summer. Its also the last time
Cathy
These extra little books that Riordan puts out about his two mythology series are never terribly substantial, but they're not really meant to be. From what I remember of the others, this was most satisfying to me as an adult reader because it had 4 quite solid stories and less of the games, pictures, and extras that might appeal to juvenile readers, but probably aren't of much interest even to young adult readers, much less adults. It's hard to balance these things because the books are popular ...more
P
Nov 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
อานเลมนีถึงรูวาทีจริงริค ไรออรแดนไดไอเดียในการเขียนเพอรซีย แจกสันมาจากลูกชายของเขาทีเปนโรคดิสเลคเซียเหมือนกัน และเพอรซียกมีอายุเทาลูกชายของเขาดวย แถมยังเอาเรืองสันทีลูกชายแตงมารวมเลมกับงานเขียนตัวเอง ถือวาริคเปนคุณพอทีนารักและทุมเทใหกับครอบครัวตัวเองมากๆเลย

- บันทึกของลุค คาสเทลแลน 1/2
เปนเรืองของลุคและธาเลีย กอนทีทังคูจะเจอกับแอนนาเบธ เราคิดวาเรืองสันเรืองสามารถเติมเตมเนือเรืองหลักไดอยางดีทีเดียวละวาทังธาเลียและลุคตางเคยเจออะไรมาบางกอนทีลุคจะทรยศพวกเขา

- เพอรซีย แจกสัน กับคทาแหงเฮอรมีส
เรืองนีก
Vaneeza
Absolutely great ! You can never get enough of the adventures of demigods whether its Percy,Leo or Luke . In the chapter of " Luke castellan's diary ":I had no idea that Luke was so ..... How do I put it ? .……..... Sympathetic and genial =-O
Also the idea that Hal had already told him that he would betray everyone !! ... Sheesh .. There's only too much a 14 year old kid could take . Anyway , I kinda like Luke now despite his many choices .... I wish that RR would write a novel from Luke's
❤Bibi's Book Blog❤
The Heroes of Olympus review:
The Lost Hero #1 here
The Son of Neptune #2 here
The Mark of Athena #3 here
The House of Hades #4 here
The Blood of Olympus #5 here

Bonus book review:
The Demigod Diaries #2.5 See below!

Please note, as this book is #2.5 it should be read after "The Son of Neptune", but before "The Mark of Athena". Otherwise there will be spoilers.

Welcome to:
description

This bonus book contains the following short stories:

The Diary of Luke Castellan:
It was great to get a bit more insight into
ReeshiReads
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don’t leave her speechless very often. I have to enjoy those rare moments.
(Percy talking about Annabeth)

“I know, I'm an idiot!" Leo moaned. "A brilliant idiot, but still an idiot.”

She turned to me. "Amaltheia leads me to good things. The last time she appeared, she led me to you."
(Thalia talking to Luke)

Four untold stories about all of my favorite characters in different time lines. None of it disappointed me, I really enjoyed reading them all!

Story #1: Thalia, Luke, and Annabeth before
Vorbis
Dec 24, 2013 rated it liked it
So this happened to be on my library shelf, and it's the sort of thing you could read in a few hours. Except that I can't just read short stories in a sitting, their changing storylines annoy me and make me put it down and the whole thing take longer. Anyway, that's a glitch with my system rather than the book. This is a lot of in between stories, where not a great deal happens but it's all light fluffy fun. Only without the sense of it all going anywhere.

The standout is Rick's son's
Sahar
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I especially liked the short story "percy jackson and the staff of hermes". An interlude about the first date of percy and annabeth. Quite funny !
Jadyn
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read this in like 6th grade. just remembered.
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
REVIEW TO COME...
☠tsukino☠
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
GDL con Edicola & Libreria: le nostre passioni...

Davvero molto carino, quattro racconti che approfondiscono il mondo di Percy.
Neanche a dirlo il mio preferito è Percy Jackson e lo scettro di Ermes (io adoro Testa d'Alghe!).
Simpatici i giochi tra un racconto e l'altro, purtroppo con il Kindle era difficile farli.
E che dire del figlio di Riordan?
Sedici anni in quel momento e scrive così? Complimenti!
itchy
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soft
a new wordweaver is rising
Valery Tikappa
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Allora allora allora!
Eroi dell'Olimpo racchiude quattro novelle, una su Luke e Talia, una su Percy e Annabeth, una su Leo con Piper e Jason e l'ultima, scritta dal figlio di Rick Riordan, "Il figlio della magia".
Partiamo dalle novelle scritte da Riordan senior; ovviamente lo stile rimane quello fantastico dell'autore, ironico e divertente, con battute argute e frasi che scatenano irrimediabilmente il riso per poi passare a pensieri più profondi e intimi.
Mi sono piaciute tutte e tre le novelle,
Bella
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!
I loved reading about Luke & Thalia!
I know it sounds bad, especially after all the bad things that Luke has done but I'm really liking his childhood self! I think Rick Riordan has really captured some great aspects of him.
I hope Rick Riordan writes more stories about Luke, Thalia & Annabeth when they were younger.
Russell_tacos

I had just finished the Percy Jackson series and my friend Maya really liked it. She told me about these short stories of Percy Jackson story books. I chose to read them because I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson books. Although I had a lot of options I chose the one I found first. It was Demigod Diaries.

The stories are all short and they take place during the timeline of before Percy Jackson series to the Heroes of Olympus series. There are also little games in the book. The first story of the
When does Leo Valdez and the Quest for Buford Take Place? 13 52 Dec 03, 2015 09:59PM
Words Breathe Life: The Demigod Diaries 1 1 Feb 25, 2015 11:10PM
Percy Jackson Fan...: The Demigod Diaries 15 89 Apr 12, 2014 01:26AM
Luke Castellan... 7 62 Mar 10, 2014 03:20PM
What kind of romance were you expecting??? 2 34 Aug 30, 2013 10:38PM

• The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
  • Heroes of Olympus
  • Demigod Fire: After Percy Jackson came this...
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • The Curse of Hera (Camp Hercules Book 1)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Le notti del califfo
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • Other Worlds
  • Rick Riordan
  • Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods (English)(Paperback)

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
“I know, I'm an idiot!" Leo moaned. "A brilliant idiot, but still an idiot.” 196 likes
“hermes has threatened me with slow mail. lousy Internet service and a horrible stock market if i publish this story. I hope he is just bluffing.” 136 likes