Start by marking “V for Vendetta, Vol. I of X (V for Vendetta, #1)” as Want to Read:
V for Vendetta, Vol. I of X (V for Vendetta, #1)

V for Vendetta, Vol. I of X

(V for Vendetta #1)

V for Vendetta is a ten-issue comic book series written by Alan Moore and illustrated mostly by David Lloyd.

The series depicts a near-future UK after a nuclear war, which has left much of the world destroyed, though most of the damage to the country is indirect, via floods and crop failures. In this future, a fascist party called Norsefire has exterminated its opponents in
Paperback, Comic single, 35 pages
Published September 1988 by DC Comics, Inc. (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about V for Vendetta, Vol. I of X, please sign up.
Peter D. One of the classics. I had to wait from the end of 1984 to some time in 1989 to finish the story. It was originally published in Warrior magazine in…moreOne of the classics. I had to wait from the end of 1984 to some time in 1989 to finish the story. It was originally published in Warrior magazine in 84 and the magazine was closed down by Marvel in February 85, since they objected to the character Marvel Man who had a strip in the same magazine. Marvel being the kind people (or should that be 'the kind of people') they are, sent a lawyer to threaten the publishers with all sorts of penalties if they did not stop printing it. That break seemed like a long long wait.(less)

Start your review of V for Vendetta, Vol. I of X (V for Vendetta, #1)
Mohammed Arabey
Remember Remember The 5th of November...

The first volume, 4 chapters of the epic "V for Vendetta"
Did you notice the 4 chapters starts with V? , and the rest of them too at least at the first Book..
It starts with huge act of rebellion, resonate, the Gunpowder plot.

"For more on this old real life rebellion, you can check this new BBC miniseries"
Then Alan Moore takes us smoothly into learning more about this Dystopia England, and how it turns into this mess -and what the hell happened to the world
Marquise
Stupid Hollywood! Stupid, stupid Hollywood!

For years, I was under the impression that V for Vendetta was one of those silly comics only fanboys with an unexplainable taste for pulpy stories could ever love. I was sure it wasn't worth my time. I was sure I'd not like it at all.

All because I didn't care for the film adaptation with Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman, didn't care for the story told in it, which I found boring and inferior even for a run-of-the-mill utopia. And, boy, was I wrong. The
Ahmed H. Mansour
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The multiplying villanies of nature
Do swarm upon him—from the western isles
Of kerns and gallowglasses is supplied;
And fortune, on his damned quarrel smiling,
Show'd like a rebel's whore: but all's too weak:
For brave Macbeth—well he deserves that name—
Disdaining fortune, with his brandish'd steel,
Which smoked with bloody execution,
Like valour's minion carved out his passage
Till he faced the slave;
Which ne'er shook hands, nor bade farewell to him
-----------------------------------------------------
Ray
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS AMAZING!

V for Vendetta is my favorite movie ever, and I was worried to see what the comic book held because I had really high expectations.
Luckily this lived up to those expectations! I adored every little detail of it, especially since it had a lot more information about characters than the movie did.

I'm definitely continuing on with these books
Mia  Bakhthiar
Definitely continuing this series. Off to an amazingly mysterious start!
Ruchir
Mar 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As a beginner to the genre of the graphical novel/comic, I must say that this apocalyptic vision of the future has left me impressed. What most writers wouldn't be unable to convey in a 200 page novel, has been very effectively conveyed in this 34 page creation. No doubt since it is a work written way back in 1988, the graphical gloss make seem missing but the content more than makes up for it.

The story begins in a world where a lot has gone wrong. A fascist government is in control in England
Renuka
This stuff if Gooood!!!!
Full review after completing the series.
Lör K.
Trigger warnings: war, etc. Warnings of some disabled slurs used within the comic; “queer” used to mean funny. Racism and homophobia – black and gay people being sent to concentration camps.

In the first instalment of V for Vendetta we are introduced to a world in the future, after a nuclear war that has left the world wrecked; mostly through floods and crop failures. The fascist party, Norsefire, has destroyed their enemies in concentration camps, and now they run the country as a police state.
Giliarde
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
It reminds me of Orwell's 1984: a heavy critic against political fascism and authoritarianism.
Like in 1984, in this series the government controls every move of its citizens and decides what each one can or cannot do. Culture, art, and freedom are things of the past, only governmental content is available.

V, who was tortured in a concentration camp, is a violent and genius man who wants to bring the government down - V for Vendetta.

I'm enjoining reading it and I appreciate the many differences
Cara Bishop
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
The graphic novel V for Vendetta by Alan Moore is about a masked 'terrorist' named V who tries to free Britain from a totalitarian government. Along the way, He picks up a young woman named Evey and brings her along for the ride. This graphic novel switches from Evey and V's point of view, to the governments, which made me wonder who was right and who is wrong.
V for Vendetta is a dark book, and would not be recommended to children. For those who are older and enjoy the dark, superhero genre,
Todd Luallen
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is by far the best comic book series I have ever read. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. My only criticism would be of the poor quality paper and color printing that went into the comics. If you happen to think that comic book writing is too plain or simple, pick up the first in this series and I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Sujan
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Exciting beginning. The entrance of V was all sudden and mesmerizing. The mess he made, the way he talked and moved, the wit he showed- all made him a true anarchist.

Can't wait to finish the series asap.

Nothing is compared to see the V in his Vengeance mode!
Sandy
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Who are you?"
"I am the king of the twentieth century, I'm the bogeyman, I'm the Villain, The Black Sheep of the Family"

Simply Remarkable..
Michael Scott
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
[I read [book:V for Vendetta] as a series eleven installments, of which ten are the actual story and one a summary of the creative process, so this will be one review repeated across each. I have individual marks for each installment, explained in part in the volume chronology (see the spoiler.)]

V for Vendetta is Alan Moore's take on dystopia; here, the hero takes on the totalitarian regime set in the UK. As such, this graphical novel is part of a topical list that includes Zamyatin's We,
Vikas
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Uhhh and it begins .. I fell in love with the story when I saw the movie. This is a ten part story by Great Alan Moore and tells the story of an alternate reality where UK is ruled by a right wing party. The story is set in London in 1997 and begins on the Night of 5th of November. 'Remember Remember the 5th of November ...'. The only difference from the beginning is that Evey is only 16 years old in comics not older like Natalie Portman. I will gobble up remaining parts soon.
آية  مجدي
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it
What is this!
It's not the movie at all. But i liked it. I love V

فؤاد
ریویوی کل مجموعه، در اینجا:
Lori
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can feel the addiction rising in my bones. This is serious.
Darinda
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
A dystopian world where corruption rules. V, an anarchist, sets out to destroy the government.

Volume I of X includes four chapters:
Chapter One - The Villain
Chapter Two - The Voice
Chapter Three - Victims
Chapter Four - Vaudeville
Gracie Nadine
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I like it because it is descriptive text and amazing!! I suggest this book!!!
Olivia
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great story with strong political commentary.
Mason VanZandt
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast start and amazing character development. I also love the art style and graphics of this comic book. I'm excited to read the next ones in the series!
Sally
Jan 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
just call me alan moore critical :)
Vinaya
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Augustus Waters of "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green brought me here???

That's the most wonderful thing ever.

THANKS BRO!!!
Phoebe
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I just finished it for the same week and I really enjoyed it. I loved how at first the story lines didn't seem to have anything to do with each other but slowly details were revealed to show how they are all connected.
Catarina Bessa Rodrigues
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Remember remember... The fifth of November"
Zahra
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
Susan Kitsmiller O'Leary
May 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Read only for book challenge. Graphic novels are not for me at all.
Aiya ali
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Remember .. Remember The 5th of November !
Angelina
Aug 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
I really liked it and recommend it for writers at all levels.
BYOB Club: V for Very Good? 31 60 Jun 28, 2016 10:03AM

• Tank Girl The Collection
  • Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk
  • The Untold Legend of the Batman
  • Paper Girls #7
  • Preludes & Nocturnes (The Sandman, #1)
  • Le Grand Vizir Iznogoud (Iznogoud, #1)
  • L'Incal Lumière (The Incal, #2)
  • Batman: Year One
  • Aya de Yopougon, Tome 4 (Aya, #4)
  • Ms. Marvel (2014-2015) #1
  • Saga, Vol. 1
  • Batman Special (1984) #1
  • Batman: The Long Halloween #1
  • Kingdom Come #1 "Strange Visitor"
  • The Walking Dead, Issue #49
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye
  • Captain Marvel (2014-2015) #1
  • Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
Alan Moore is an English writer most famous for his influential work in comics, including the acclaimed graphic novels Watchmen, V for Vendetta and From Hell. He has also written a novel, Voice of the Fire, and performs "workings" (one-off performance art/spoken word pieces) with The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels, some of which have been released on CD.

As a comics writer,

V for Vendetta (10 books)
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. II of X (V for Vendetta, #2)
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. III of X (V for Vendetta, #3)
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. IV of X (V for Vendetta, #4)
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. V of X (V for Vendetta, #5)
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. VI of X (V for Vendetta, #6)
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. VII of X (V for Vendetta, #7)
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. VIII of X (V for Vendetta, #8)
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. IX of X (V for Vendetta, #9)
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. X of X (V for Vendetta, #10)
“For whatever the future holds, one thing is certain... It just won't be the same.” 22 likes