Start by marking “Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)” as Want to Read:
Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)

Read Excerpt

Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires #9)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  10,946 Ratings  ·  669 Reviews
Since Merit was turned into a vampire, and the protector of Chicago’s Cadogan House, it’s been a wild ride. She and Master vampire Ethan Sullivan have helped make Cadogan’s vampires the strongest in North America, and forged ties with paranormal folk of all breeds and creeds, living or dead…or both.

But now those alliances are about to be tested. A strange and twisted magic
Published February 4th 2014 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about Wild Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Things

Ferdy
Spoilers

Didn't like it, I thought the series would start to redeem itself but it's only gotten more and more generic, dull, and predictable. The only reason I'm carrying on with it is for completion's sake.

-Summary: Ethan (and Merit) staying with Gabe and his shifters to avoid arrest. The shifters attacked, they suspect Ethan/Merit, and that leads to them investigating the latest mysterious bad guy of the week.

-Merit and rest of the main characters were bland, empty, and predictable. There was n
Elizabeth
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loooooooove it!
Cover!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
**Warning** This is a total fangirl review!

description

Well, for me, this book was really yummy especially since I love all things Ethan. He was just amazing in this book. I LOVE him and Merit together but throw in some uber Alpha being all possessive, jealous and demonstrative? Phew....things were a-meltin'.

description

So here's a breakdown of the story...

Ethan's hiding out from the mayor...

Ethan being yummy....

Creatures attack the shifters and of course, the vampires get blamed...

Mallory, Catcher Jeff and Damien
Krista
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads, favorites
One would think that by the ninth installment of the Chicagoland Vampires Series that the stories would be getting stale or ridiculous and our obsession with “Methan” would have run its course.

Wild Things was, in my opinion, the best book yet in this incredible series.

(There will be teeny spoilers from previous installments in the Chicagoland Vampires Series. Sorry, but, by the ninth book, it’s unavoidable – please don’t be mad!)

When we last saw our favorite Cadogan House vampires, Ethan was bei
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Ugh*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Re-read: 04.02.2018
Ugh, I hate myself right now. I hate that I no longer love this series. That I'm no longer so in love Ethan that I was. No longer Merit's biggest fan. They just are. Sure, I still like them. But I'm finding so many damned flaws. I don't like how... weak Ethan seems at some points. I don't like how manipulating Gabriel is. And I don't like how I sorta, kinda want Gabriel and Merit to have more. I love a more... animalistic alpha males. I do believe I remem
Naoms
Originally posted on Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

There is nothing really wrong with this book, it’s just boring. Boring, because it’s more of the same. The City of Chicago are still bullies, Merit and gang stumble upon yet another magical mystery that only they can solve and nothing much else happens. Lots of series have formulas and monster of the week type formats, but in my opinion Chicagoland suffers for it. There just isn’t much holding me to the series beyond the fact that I lov
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
First of all, I am BEYOND ecstatic to be back in Ethan and Merit's world. The mystery, the romance, the I-would-do-anything-for-you moments....they are divine. There is nothing like picking up one of these books-It's like you're coming home. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside no matter the content within-whether there's devastation or break-ups or war, these books are just fabulous. I've yet to rate below a four. And, speaking of which, the only reason this isn't a 4.5 is because I am a ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
This is the 9th book in this series ….and wow….are things happening here. Political intrigue, new characters, more mysteries and of course more of Ethan & Merit!!!,

Chicago’s new mayor is on the warpath…and what better way to use Ethan Sullivan as an example of how bad vampires are. In the previous book, Ethan had killed Harold Monmonth, one of the GP leaders and even though it was in self-defense, he’s still being held accountable for the deed.

Ethan and Merit take refuge at the Breckenridge
Jilly
This series is getting stale. It's like re-packaging the same story over and over again! And, there are situations that have been going on for book after book that still isn't resolved.

repetitive photo: it's repetitive and redundant redundant.gif
what's more boring than regular politics rehashed over and over again? Vampire politics!

The best parts of the book?

Berna, the barmaid who wants to feed everyone who comes in. English is not her strongest, but she is hilarious every time.

"Twilight, Berna confirmed, pointing at me and Ethan. "Grumpy," she said, po
Wild Things is the ninth installment in Chloe Neill's urban fantasy series titled Chicagoland Vampires. Following this series has given me so much joy as a reader. I don't read a lot within the mystery genre but I am so connected to these characters and their struggles that I get caught up in the paranormal mysteries featured in each book. The female lead: Merit is so smart and strong, and manages to maintain a beautiful sense of humanity within a world that is constantly on edge. She's one of m ...more
 ⚔ Sh3lly - Cranky Crone of Rabid Hedgehogs and Fire Breathing Kittens ⚔
When this series started, I LOVED it. Loved it. Because...

I thought Merit was a great heroine. Ethan was HOT and sexy. I liked Catcher, Mallory, Jeff, and the banter and snark was fabulous. However, around book 5 things started to change. It got stale, and I don't think it ever recovered. Because I loved this series so much, I keep reading them, hoping they will get better, that somehow new life will be breathed into the series and it will be revitalized and fresh once again. However, it just ke
Soraia
Here I am again, I can't help it. I have one million reasons why I should have dropped this series already but I keep on reading, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment or something.

This book was basically another version of the previous two. It's the same thing. Chicago is in danger, supernaturals are being attacked, humans still hate vampires, Ethan still needs Merit's protection and so on. It's so much of the same it's boring, the only creative point of it all was how the violence presented itse
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
For once I do not know how to review a book in the Chicagoland Vampires series. I’ve been sitting here for half an hour and I don’t know where to start or what to say.

This was very enjoyable, it was. Merit is still my second favourite kick-butt heroine of all times (after Kate Daniels of course!) and the plot was entertaining but the book feels like a filler of sorts. It seems Chloe Neill is setting things up and prepping us for the next instalment. The last time she did that (in Drink Deep) I
K
Jun 11, 2013 added it
It has a blurb!

And it sounds awesome too!

but now we have to wait till 2014

I-Need-More-Ethan

Why is it that all awesome books take so long to get published?
Mariya
Feb 27, 2013 rated it liked it
You may not be successful. You have powerful enemies. And even if you were--I've already lost you once. I don't wan't to loose you again." His expression softened.

I have to admit the beginning of WILD THINGS didn't go too well for me, I was bored quickly and was waiting for it to pick up like these Chicagoland Vampire books always do. It did pick up, but I went back and forth between boredom and excitement. A very weird pattern. And by the end of this book, it seemed more like one of those fil
Barb
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another terrific installment in the CLV saga. From the Green Eyes prophecy (SO excited!) to shouting, out loud, "Holy $h1t, I did NOT see that coming" this one has everything I love in a CLV book.

Complete review, here: http://thesaucywenchesbookclub.blogsp...

Update 8-7-14 Loved this book like mad, on this reread. I really love how CN leaves story threads hanging that get picked up, sometimes books later. Absolutely brilliant that she weaves them back in so deftly.
Katarina Silva
NOVA Reviews

Wild Things has the Wow factor!!! So many new deadly supernatural species are going to make an appearance! Merit's and Ethan's relationship is going to have to prove itself once more! The Cadogan house is going to be twice as badass and Chicago is once more in trouble. Perfect!

description

“You are Cadogan vampires. You are honorable, brave . . . and more stylish than most.” He got the chuckle he’d undoubtedly wanted. “To that end, and to remind you who you are, we have something to share.”

Prepa
Iza
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf-horror
Reviewed for http://redhiddenalcove.blogspot.fr

After "Howling for you", I was afraid the series would lose some of its strength but fortunately, this installment didn't disappoint AT ALL !

I have to say one thing about Ethan, too. At the beginning of the series, I didn't really love him. Liked him, more or less, but he was distant and uptight. Merit has relaxed him a lot ! He's not crazy-funny or easy going, but he made a lot of progress.
And though this is not an erotic series, there is one scene
Komal
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
As much as it sucks to say this, I'm beginning to think Chloe Neill is losing her touch. Ever since Drink Deep, Neill has been stuck in a cycle of backtracking. She moves the story forward only to hit rewind and take it back. (view spoiler) For this reason, these books no longer hold a progressive arc that can be tracked for the characters. There is no growth for Merit because she has no need to change ...more
Kathryn
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
SQUEEE!!!! Wild Things, book 9 in the Chicagoland Vampires series, absolutely ROCKS just as much as it's predecessors did. It is the most awesome thing to be able to find a series in which every book captures your intrigue and keeps you captivated. From start to finish, you are held by the suspense and mystery, greatly anticipating the HUGE wrap up of the crazy events that Merit, Ethan, and the other Cadogan Vampires find themselves in.
Since I first discovered this series, I eagerly await each r
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews

4 ★

This book starts out with a bang. With Ethan is pretty much on the run from the mayor, him and Merit are hiding out with the pack at the Breckenridge estate, but as soon as they arrived all hell breaks loose.
As they attend a pack function a major attack on the pack from a thought to be extinct supernatural group occurs. The pack loses a few people and of course the vampires are blamed.
They pretty much force them to investigate what and why or take the blame for it. But with Ethan stuck at t
Tabatha
Love the cover! I can't wait for this so that I can have an a Chicagoland marathon!

EXCITED! I. CANNOT. EVEN. PUT. INTO. WORDS. HOW. I. FEEL.

Over & Out, T xx
They may have a temporary reprieve from the GP but Merit and her friends are facing a terrifying new enemy, one with a huge amount of power who is capable of wielding an old kind of magic that they don't know how to counter. This new enemy seems to be targeting different supernatural groups starting with the North American Central Pack shapeshifters but who knows where they'll strike next. Merit, Ethan, Mallory and Catcher are visiting the Pack when the attack comes and quickly come under suspic ...more
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

The plot of WILD THINGS isn’t groundbreakingly original but that’s to be expected of the ninth installment in any series. This book does however highlight the exhilarating supernatural detective-type story line that I’ve come to expect from Chloe Neill’s CHICAGOLAND VAMPIRES, emphasizes great chemistry between Merit and Ethan, and also introduces some pretty significant changes to this series’ main arc. I didn’t love this novel, but I did like it a heck of a lot, and the
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
I am a total fan of this series we are up to book 9 and Chloe Neill has not let me down yet. Her stories are always fresh, never formula and totally engrossing. I love that she doesn't get caught up in too many parallel story lines that so many long running series get caught up in.

In this outing we have Merit once again getting involved in supernatural shenanigans. This time we meet different fae..and our heroes get caught up in more drama. The drama is new but our characters are still recoveri
missEvi [can't commit to a book]

I don't believe the series will again reach the 5* it easily earned for the first instalments. It certainly lost the wow factor. But, it is still quite enjoyable.
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2014/02/review-...

Favorite Quote: “You were propositioned by magic mist?”

Wild Things, the ninth installment in Neill’s Chicagoland Vampire series, starts out with a bang as it set ups and reveals the plot elements of the story. Fast pacing and highly charged energy keeps the story flowing nicely as we learn of the new challenges Merit, her lover Ethan, and the entire supernatural population are facing. Ethan is dealing with the fallout from the death of
Ina
. . . . .
I don't even know what to say. This was SO BORING.

It is without doubt that every Chicagoland Vampires installment has different mystery and side story. So can someone please tell me why it feels like I'm reading the same book over and over again?

Plot of every CV book:
- someone gets kidnapped and/or killed,
- Merit fights someone, loses,
- everyone hangs out in the Ops room trying to figure things out while Ethan just stands by doing nothing,
- there's another problem wit
Stephanie
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ORIGINAL POST: http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/201...

Disclosure: E-Galley provided by publisher via Net Galley for review purposes. No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions granted herein are my own.

I am so excited to be part of Chloe’s blog tour for this book; we all have our favorite series and this is a huge favorite for me. I actually love to take time to savor these stories. And, by being part of the tour I get the opportunity to reward a lucky reader with some of Chloe’s fabulous m
YA Reads Book Reviews
Mar 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: nichole
Originally posted on www.yareads.com, reviewed by Nichole.

It felt so good to dive back into the Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill. I forgot how much I love Merit and Ethan and all of the vampire goodness in between. Wild Things started out really strong. It was action packed and full of adventure. I really enjoyed the inclusion of the shifters and a whole bunch of other supernaturals that made their appearance in this book.

The chemistry between Merit and Ethan was off the hook. I though
  • Kicking It (Alex Craft, #2.5; Chicagoland Vampires, #8.25)
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
  • Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)
  • The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks, #8)
  • The Sharpest Blade (Shadow Reader, #3)
  • Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
Chloe Neill is the New York Times bestselling author of the Chicagoland Vampires Novels, the Devil's Isle Novels, and a YA series, the Dark Elite. Chloe was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest. When she's not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her boys--h ...more
More about Chloe Neill

Chicagoland Vampires (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10)
  • Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Six Wakes
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“This was the magic of feasting & fucking, of savoring the blood of a kill & calling the Pack to dine.” 7 likes
“I glanced mildly at Lindsey. “Did you spike his blood with caffeine?” “Die Hard marathon was on TV last night,” she said. “He’s been weaponized since then.” 5 likes