Start by marking “Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)” as Want to Read:
Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)

Biting Bad

(Chicagoland Vampires #8)

Merit has been a vampire for only a short while, but she's already seen a lifetime's worth of trouble. She and her Master, centuries-old Ethan Sullivan, have risked their lives time and again to save the city they love. But not all of Chicago is loving them back.

Anti-vampire riots are erupting all over town, striking vampires where it hurts the most. A splinter group armed
Published August 6th 2013 by NAL Penguin

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”Word moves quickly,” I said.
“As does violence,” Catcher said. “And we all have our parts to play.”

And here is another one of my “What I liked vs. What I didn’t like” reviews.

As always here’s a short reminder to those of you who didn’t read the former books. Don’t read my review if you don’t know the series, there might be spoilers that would … well, spoil your fun. *lol* This is an official warning, I take no responsibility for trespassing this point. ;-P

What I liked:

- Luc and Lindsey (view
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Just as Merit is trying to have a normal dinner at her favorite pizza place with Mallory, all hell breaks loose. Humans are rioting against vampires and have thrown Molotov cocktails at a business that makes Blood4You. Unfortunately, they don't stop there.

I know I've said it before...and I'll just have to keep saying it ~ I just love Ethan and Merit. They never get old, boring or dull for me. Heck, the whole book could be just about them eating and sleeping and I would LOVE it. Well, okay...may
Ferdy
Spoilers

Boring. The plot was the run off the mill 'silly human hate group targets vampires for cliched and cheesy reasons, riots and lame investigation follows.'
It was all so dull and unimaginative. Ugh.

Random thoughts:

-Merit was such a Mary Sue. She had very little personality and everything she said or did was predictable. Also, any time she was melodramatic or overly emotional it made me either cringe or roll me eyes. Basically, Merit was so bland that whenever she had any over the top emoti
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Fuck. Me.*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Re-read: 04.02.2018
Skimming. Yes you heard me. I'm skimming a book that used to be one of my favorites. I am doomed. Like really, really doomed. I hate that I have changed so dammed much. I'm supposed to love this series, for god's sake! Ugh, fuck me.

The characters:
Caroline ‘Merit’ ‘Mer’ Evelyn Merit (becomes vampire at 27, but is 28 in years), Sentinel of the Cadogan House.
Ethan ‘Liege’ ‘Darth Sullivan’ Sullivan (394, though became a vampire at 30), master of the
Sh3lly
2.5 vampy stars

It's Bloodsucker's Month at the MacHalo group.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I thought this one was going to be better than the last one, but I was wrong.

I had my fingers crossed and everything.

Here's how I saw it:

Merit. You are one of the most boring heroines in UF. You are supposed to be a bad-ass Sentinel of a vampire house with a katana and everything and yet get your ass kicked by humans? That's embarrassing.

But you're only a 10-month-old baby vampire, so that actually
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Now that is a cliffhanger if I have ever seen one! And a delicious one at that! (Yes, I'm the weird one out... I love a good cliffy!) But luckily the next book is out so I only have to stew for a little while!

The book had a weak start but it definitely picked up along the way! Not my favorite in the series but a very good addition overall.
Alyson
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I feel like she's going to get pregnant. It's just a thought. But....it seems like that's where this is going since the last book. And I find that to be really awesome.

Update: So it didn't happen but there's always the future...

And I was slightly disappointed in this book. I loved all the fluffy Methan time but I feel like Merit is usually much tougher then this. I don't know, maybe I wanted her to not be constantly choked out or easily hurt. But alas, I must wait for the next one.

new update 201
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Biting Bad was reminiscent of the earlier Chicagoland Vampires novels and I for one couldn’t be happier! The first three installments are what hooked me on this series and this latest one has ensured that I’ll continue reading these books for a long time to come, especially with all of the promising new novellas that are already in the pipeline. This novel is Ethan/Merit drama free which was a huge relief because readers can now actually focus on Chloe Neill’s phenomenal
Karla

5 Stars! Now that's the way to move a series forward! Chloe Neill kicked it up a notch and there is new life among the living dead!! I blew through this book!!

The one thing I absolutely loved about this book...Ethan and Merit are SOLID!! For the first time since this series started, these two trust and love each other without question! No wavering whatsoever!! I was happy to see them close this chapter in their relationship, no more discord, and move forward together, and I hope the author kee
T00zday
No more. This was my last Chicago Vampire series book. They just keep getting worse.
This hasn't reached LKH level of fandom-violation, but this book & one of the first three of this series have very little in common.

It was so lackluster in holding my attention that I decided to take a break to go pick up dog poop from the back yard right as Ethan & Merit arrive at her parents house for dinner. How bad is that?

Ms Neill is turning this series into mostly relationship drama & Merit i
Lisa-Books Smiles
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the Chicagoland Vampires series - I'm on a mission to finish the series before the spin off comes out sometime next year.
Jonetta
Out of nowhere, a faction of humans in the city began rioting against the presence of vampires in the city. As the supernaturals begin strategizing on how to manage the situation, the company supplying the vampires with their non-human blood is attacked, severely damaging the building and inventory. Merit and Ethan suspect something more is at play when the next strike hits close to home. And, the General Presidium is acting up again (big surprise).

One of the best scenes in this story involves
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
I will add quotes later, when I'm not swamped with work and don't feel really sick and gross. This series is too amazing to simply slap a star rating on without a little show and tell of why I love it so....

I'll be back. Again, when I can type more than a few words without a mess-up.
Alex is The Romance Fox
It took a while for me to really get into this series but I am happy that I didn’t give up!!
Right now, I am loving the Chicagoland Vampires world that’s filled with some of the most quirky, original and funny characters ever….and a very unforgettable, classy and sexy vampire named Ethan Sullivan!!!!
 photo images202_zpsn3myhocx.jpg
“I’m rarely good, Merit. But I’m often spectacular.”
I want Ethan as my boyfriend!!! Please make me a vampire!!!!
 photo tumblr_n8b6krxoVI1qhsxkzo1_250_zps7jwfadhu.jpg
And not forgetting the memorable Merit!! Yes!! I own up!!! From finding her very i
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
After a few rather disappointing installments, I’m happy to report that the Chicagoland series seems to have taken an upward turn. A significant improvement was noticeable in House Rules, but with Biting Bad, we’re right back on track. This eighth installment is just as good as the first two and it decidedly proves that the series has a lot more to give.

In terms of plot, Biting Bad offers more of the same, but it’s a recipe that undoubtedly works. Merit and Ethan face enemies both human and vamp
Stacey
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Originally posted at Reading Rainblog

Let me start by saying that I have been a fan of the Chicagoland Vamps since Some Girls Bite – and this may be my most favorite (I am totally fan-girling) book of the bunch so far. And, no, I don’t just say that when each book comes out – before this, my favorite was Hard Bitten (even though I hated the end – why Chloe, why?!?).

I absolutely, completely adored Merit & Ethan in this book. Ethan especially. Merit was her usual kick-ass, snarky self, but Etha
valee
May 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
It's not that I don't like the series.
I used to be such a big fan of it, but lately I was barely able to finish the last books.

And this one just did it for me. I'm quitting the series, it pains me so badly, but I won't read any more books in it ever again.

I guess I just kept hoping it would become once again what it used to, but it never did.

I don't even think I'll write a review. It would not be fair as I didn't actually finish the book. Sorry Chloe Neill, I really did try.
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Biting Bad is not lacking in humor, nor excitement or even romance, however, I'm still having a little trouble with trust when it comes to Chicagoland...

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Jilly
"Anything I need to know before we go in there?...Is Buffy the Vampire Slayer her personal savior?"
"Because that would bum you out?"
"The slaying part would, yeah. Not the Joss part. We all love Joss."

And then Merit gets her ass kicked by a middle-aged woman. Human woman.
buffy photo: Buffy tumblr_m98z03vbb61qi0d7lo2_r1_250_zps9c323c9f.gif

As a matter of fact, Merit gets her ass kicked a lot in this book. It made me happy. *evil laugh* Because Merit was getting a little too cocky in the last book. A brand new vampire, and yet she was suddenly the baddest badass
Robin
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, urban-fantasy
Cadogan House has just received news that they have been blacklisted by the GP. This means that no other house under the GP may have contact with them or they will receive harsh penalties. Merit and Ethan are drawn into a new mystery when an anti-vampire riot breaks out in Chicago and a business is nearly destroyed by fire. As they try to discover who is behind the riot, another one takes place. This time Grey House is destroyed and their vamps have no place to go. Ethan offers Scott Grey and hi ...more
Tabatha
EDIT*

That cover is beautiful. Just beautiful.
In fact, when I saw it I was like:

_____________________________________________________________
06/09/2012

August 2013 !

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYY (:

Over & Out, T xx
Naoms
Entertaining, but not as great as the last book.

Things that work:
Ethan Sullivan
Learning more about Grey house and Scott.
Merit & Ethan

Things that don't work:
Merit as a vampire
The investigation
The time frame. I really can't believe that it's been a year since book 1.

What I could use more of:
the pack
Gabriel and the prophecy which seems to be forgotten.

Review to come.
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
This is most definitely my least favourite instalment in this series. As much as it pains me to admit it, Biting Bad was actually quite a disappointment for me. I was about to give the book a 3-star rating but just couldn’t do it. I love Merit and this series so much I settled for a 3.5 which turned into a 4… A bit silly I know but Chicagoland Vampires is one of my many weaknesses.

I realized something was missing here after reading the first few chapters. I found the book, well, a bit boring act
Heather
This is the eighth installment in one of my all time favorite series. The Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill is Urban Fantasy at its best. The main characters are vampires Merit and Ethan, who have found themselves as defacto leaders in the supernatural community. They also happen to have a very tricky and unusual relationship. For now, they are both alive and they are in love. Aside from that, well, they are complicated.

This book starts out as most do, with a bang. Merit is simply trying
Kt
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

Even though Merit's tenure as one of the undead has been for a relatively small amount of time, she's been through an incredible amount in that short time. Despite their best efforts to live in harmony with the living citizens of their beloved Chicago, not everyone is happy to have them in their city. So, it's not much of a surprise when vampire hating riots start popping up and destroying vamp friendly areas one location at a time. So, Meri
Yodamom
3.6 stars. Ethan, aka Darth Sullivan, was a very different master vampire in this edition. He was romantic, sarcastic, caring and even compromising. He took Merit's breath, and mine away a few times, once involved getting down on one knee. He had a few fantastic lines one of my favorite was " I'm rarely good Merit. But I'm often spectacular". Oh yes, I agree with that. If he keeps this up his Darth retain could just wither away. He polished his big bad badge when he had an off with his head mome ...more
K
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I just finished this book and... wow. Yet another action packed, amazing book that has you on the edge of your seat. The characters were great, the plot was great it was just plain amazing. It ends in a bit of a cliffhanger. Nothing major, but I seriously need Wild Things like right this instance. Anyone else curious about this mysterious 'child' with Ethan's eyes? I'm really intrigued and can't wait to find out.

________________________________________________________________________
I ju
Barb
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I finished last night with happy tears in my eyes, one of my favorite things about books. Unsurprisingly, I loved this book. Great plot that kept me guessing until the end, discarding theories along the way. Development of storylines that have been hanging out there, including meeting characters we've only heard about. Set up for lots more Chicagoland shenanigans. And completely swoon-worthy Methan-times. It was everything that I want in a CLV book.
Andreea Pop
Chicagoland Vampires is one of my favorite paranormal romance/urban fantasy series ever! Unlike Chloe Neill's YA series, which was a big disappointment, this one is fabulous and badass! <3 Biting Bad is installment No. 8 of this series and it actually reminds me a lot of the first books. It has that same vibe and a great unpredictable plot.

The plot was a major surprise, because I honestly couldn't f
Jaime Arkin
4.5 stars !!

Biting Bad is book 8 in the Chicagoland Vampires Series. I absolutely love this series and am so excited that we’ve got another book on the horizon. I can’t seem to get enough of Ethan and Merit.

In this installment, Merit and Ethan are working to get Cadogan House in order. They’ve just flounced the GP and Merit is still working with the Red Guard and now it seems Chicago isn’t feeling so generous and welcoming to Vampires.

A series of dangerous riots targeting places that are asso
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Kicking It
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
  • Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Rogue Descendant (Nikki Glass, #3)
  • The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5)
  • Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • Of Shadow Born (Shadow World, #4)
  • Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
  • Tempest Reborn (Jane True, #6)
Chloe Neill is the New York Times bestselling author of the Heirs of Chicagoland, Chicagoland Vampires Novels, Devil's Isle Novels, and Dark Elite novels. Chloe was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest. When she's not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her ...more

Chicagoland Vampires (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
  • Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10)
  • Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11)
“I swear to God, it never ends!” Ethan roared.
“Not when you’re immortal,” Malik agreed. “That’s actually the point.”
30 likes
“Once upon a time, I tried to have dinner with my best friend, and the apocalypse happened.” 28 likes