Start by marking “Haunted” as Want to Read:

Haunted (Haunted #1)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  843 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
Have you ever heard something go bump in the night and wonder if someone was there? Only to go looking for the cause of the noise and find nothing at all. Or how about unexplainably feeling like you’re being watched when you’re completely alone? Things disappearing for no reason or strange ghostly footsteps in the hall? This book is a collage of short stories about a few o ...more
Published 2011 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Haunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted

Jennifer  Davis
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is several short ghostly stories. I could not put this book down! I am a believer and have my own experiences, which made me love these stories even more. It gave me goosebumps! Reminder: do not read before bed. I am glad to know that their are other people that believe and are brave enough to share those experiences with us. I recommend this book to anyone that wants to know what it feels like to encounter ghost, because the author makes you feel as if you are right there with her. Th ...more
Bex 'n' Books
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Willow Cross's writing really shines in her collection of ghostly short stories. This collection is such a pleasure to read, that I devoured them in a very short time and have re-read them since. Willow's craft really allows the reader an opportunity to become completely absorbed in her storytelling. There were numerous times that my heart beat loudly in my chest and I found myself holding my breath with nervous energy and excitement: surely a sign of a superbly well-written narrative and a wond ...more
Bella Doerres
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Haunted by Willow Cross
It doesn’t matter if you believe in the supernatural or just love a good ghost story Haunted gives you enough to satisfy both. Willow Cross shares her experiences with you and lets you decide whether you want to believe in ghosts or not. The reading of each of the stories took me there with her as she was living through it. I could sense her feelings in her words and descriptions, letting my imagination take over and picture it all as I read. I recommend it for both its g
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Willow Cross (the author herself)
I LOVED this book, but I think I am going to make sure my nightlights are working properly! Thank you Willow!!
J.T. Lewis
Oct 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
By
Willow Cross

Haunted is a collection of true stories from Willow’s own life.

What are the chances of living in four houses that are haunted? Unbelievable!

Her descriptions of the ghostly encounters are both humorous and spooky, and you can’t help reading on to see what happens next. She describes how she is both brave and terrified as unexplained apparitions reveal themselves to her, one of them actually protecting her from a dangerous situation.

I totally enjoyed reading this book. Havi
Books
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I’m not a big fan of short stories for many reasons, but while I was sick in bed I needed a quick read and as I skimmed through my kindle I decided to finally read Haunted by Willow Cross.

I don’t believe in ghosts or anything paranormal at all, but I was scared out of my mind! I could imagine every single detail she described and knowing that it really happened to her as well as her family and friends, freaked me out even more. Suddenly I also started hearing strange noises in our apartment and
Brittany
Oct 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
After reading Oceans of Red Volume 1, I could not help but jump towards this book! Willow has a way of writing that makes her books totally addicting! Each of these short tales of hauntings were "spooky" yet hilarous at the same time. I love how she incorporated stories where she was completely at ease with the "others" and stories where she was actually afraid herself! My favorite was the last story about the "Blue Girl" in the older house. Every time I move I am always curious to find what was ...more
Joyce
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I loved how you could tell that the stories were absolutely true and not embellished. However it seems as if the author has terrible luck with with housing choices!!
Only takes about 30 minutes to an hour to read depending on your reading speed or time you have set aside to read and enjoy your books. It is a great choice if you like a good scare, but its short enough not to scare you out of your wits before you are done!
I love reading things that provide proof of the p
Jennifer Rainey
Apr 30, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars.

As someone who has always been interested in paranormal investigation, real ghost stories really catch my attention. So, when I saw Willow Cross’s collection of true spooky tales was free for Kindle, I immediately picked it up.

The stories were both creepy and intriguing. The spirits in these pages are both benevolent and malevolent (or, at the very least, disturbing). Cross’s story of the shadow figure and stringy-haired man in the window in one house in which she’s lived is especial
Katie
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
‘Haunted’ by Willow Cross, is a short collection of 100% true ghost stories from her life experiences. After reading all of Willow’s other books so far, I couldn’t wait to pick this one up and have a read. The book was short, and this made it an easy, quick and fun read, one that I thoroughly enjoyed!

How unbelievable is this? Willow moving into not one, but FOUR haunted houses! Willow, you are one awesome ghost magnet!

It was brilliant to read all of the experiences with the supernatural. I am
Jennifer Treviño
Spookilicious!!
These spine tingling tales are spookilicious indeed!! :) I do love a good ghost story! ;) What amazes me is how often Willow has encountered them in so many different places, & yet she's not freaked out by it one bit. I feel I must say...while the sad blue eyed girl seems adorably cute in this tale I don't know that I could handle knowing she was there with us. LOLz If you enjoy a spooky tale definitely check this book out!! ;)
My favorite line from this book has got to be "He
Jessica
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review. I absolutely LOVE Willow Cross's books, and Haunted is no exception. Haunted isn't a very long book, but I think that is because these are tru stories, and she didn't embellish any of her stories. If your trying to get in the mood for Halloween, or just like to read true ghost stories this is the book for you. Seems like Willow is a ghost magnet, better her than me lol. Haunted is made up of 3 experiences by Willow Cross, and just ...more
Melissa
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I got this because it was free and I enjoy Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters. Now I think it is selling for $1? I say if you got a dollar to spare and want a quick, creepy read then buy it. There are only a few stories, but they gave me goosebumps all the same. The author is funny and informal, so I enjoyed reading it. You're not tripping over big, fancy, distracting words. It sounds as if a friend is telling you tales over a campfire, as if this is "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" Remember that s ...more
Jessica
Apr 26, 2012 rated it liked it
A pretty straighforward telling of true supernatural experiences the author has had herself. There were a couple of times that I got some creepy vibes and had to turn around and make sure there was no one behind me! Overall, kind of like the stories you would hear people explaining to Grant and Jason about what they've experienced before an investigation on "Ghost Hunters". Creepy, but more straightforward & factual than scary horror. I enjoyed it, though, because I am interested in that kin ...more
Claire Taylor
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Willow Cross
Haunted

A collage of short stories about a few of the otherworldly experiences the author has encountered.

It doesn’t matter if you believe in ghosts or not, this book is still enjoyable to read. I get a little creeped out with ghost stories so read this in a well lit room during the day – it still managed to send shivers down my spine.

Short and quick to read, its well written and full of humour, whilst containing enough of the supernatural to make you wonder.

TJ
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love ghost stories! They are one of my favorites.. That being said it still is scary. Knowing that this was a collection of true stories just made it scarier for me! :P I do believe in ghosts and all things supernatural so this definitely was my kinda read.
I love Willow’s style of writing. While reading Haunted I was a bit scared but was laughing at the funny little things too. A short and yet another amazing read :)
Christy
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting read, especially if the supernatural is something that you believe or intrigues you. This is a small collection of Ms Cross's experiences with the other side. The only one that spooked me is her recollection of the old man in the window and in thier house. If you enjoy this type of tale, this is a good read for you. All according to Ms Cross are 100% truth.
Jacquie Talento
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ghost stories that are from the heart and experienced at home. I enjoyed reading the stories. People believe homes are the only haunted places but certain people attract ghosts and I believe Ms. Cross has that connection if they show up around her. She must make them comfortable for them to show themselves to her and draw them in.
Deann
Wow! I don't know that I've ever experienced anything quite like these. Very interesting and spooky at the same time. Thanks for sharing them!

Shared this book with my mom. She got goose bumps and chills.
Jennifer Wright
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Haunted because I love true life ghost stories. There is just something exciting about knowing you are reading about something that really happened to someone. I enjoyed other Willow Cross books and was delighted with this one as well.
Naomi Blackburn
Jan 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
Hmmmmm, I don't quite see the draw that some readers have had with this book. I felt it was written "to the point" almost to where it was emotionless. Also, I found it quite unbelievable, so I really went in skeptical and left the same way. It just didn't rock my boat.
Gillian
Dec 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Left me with goose bumps. This is a fantastic Halloween read.
Debbie
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Samantha Markham
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
No sense of fiction while reading

The author does a great job of building tension throughout the book. None of the retellings give a sense of fiction whatsoever, and I absolutely love the authors humor. I could read her writing all day. There were a few small errors that bugged me - a missing word or something - but mostly easy to overlook and continue reading. I really want to see that house and meet that little girl!
Erin
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

So happy I found this author. I will most definitely be reading more from Ms Willow. :) this book gave me chills and goosebumps multiple times. And yes, the fact that these are all true stories made it that much better and creepy. I was sad when I finished this book, but now that I have all the links and names of other books from her, I'm not so sad and looking forward to reading all of Ms Willows books! :) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Crystal Gray
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I am listening to The Haunted Library Box Set on Audible.

I liked Haunted 1, it's not really a horror story like I had expected. It's more a retelling of true events that happened to her. Ghostly presence in her different houses. On to the next one :-)
Manya Branum
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

This book definitely kept my attention! Will probably be reading another one of the series. If you like a good ghost, this book is for you!
Peggy
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book and can't wait to read more from this author.
Liza Robertson
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting stories, just wish I had some definite tales to tell about ghosts.
Ericka
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok

This was small book
It could have longer and a little more detailed but over all it was a good read
  • Fanged Love (The Vampire from Hell, #0.5)
  • Haunted Moon (Moon Coven, #0.5)
  • Last Dance of a Black Widow
  • Deadly Night (Ghosthunters 101, #1)
  • Haunting Grace (Beyond Time, #1)
  • Creepy: A Collection of Scary Stories (Creepy #1-3)
  • The Spirit Box (John Hazard, #1)
  • From Such Small Things
  • The Gossamer Gate
  • The Faery Hunt
  • Energy
  • Dark Light
  • Elfbitten (Taryn Malloy Fantasy, #1)
  • Under the Scotch Broom
  • Twice as Dark
  • Ghost Hunting Diary Volume 1
  • The Sidekick Chronicles (Gryphon, #2.5)
  • Yearnings: A Paranormal Romance Box Set
Willow Cross resides in Arkansas with her husband, two children still young enough to live at home, an enormous cat named Bitsy, and a scaredy-cat dog named Tank. Her home has been known to host the occasional ghost, and a few of her friends profess to be witches. Although she dearly loves Vampires and Werewolves, they are never invited for dinner.
More about Willow Cross

• The Falls (P.S.)
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pieces
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Held Captive (A Lone Star Hero's Love Story)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Girl Who Came Home
    $11.99 $1.99
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles, #1)
  • In the Name of the Family
  • The Year We Left Home
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Whip
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Written on the Body
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Dragon's Teeth (The Lanny Budd Novels)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • My Dear Hamilton: A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton: Wife, Widow, and Warrior in Alexander Hamilton’s Quest for a More Perfect Union
  • The Shadow Queen
    $6.24 $1.99
  • The Mysteries of Pittsburgh
  • At Risk
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)