Start by marking “Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible: Master the Finesse Swing and Lower Your Score (Dave Pelz Scoring Game Series)” as Want to Read:

Published May 11th 1999 by Broadway Books

To ask other readers questions about Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible

Greg Brozeit
Oct 01, 2014 Greg Brozeit rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
I keep coming back to Dave's short game lessons. Truly one of the best "how to" books on golf I have ever read. He's a bit technical, sometimes to the extreme (I find it interesting that his star pupil, Phil Mickelson, disregards many of the ideas Dave stresses, for example, keeping the pin in when chipping or putting off the green--something Phil never does).

I was fortunate many years ago to have the time to take a bag of balls to a vacant football field and practice his methods. My short game
Tim Owens
Mar 07, 2016 Tim Owens rated it it was amazing
Dave Pelz 19s Short Game Bible is a must read for anyone who wants to improve their golf game. The scientific research and logical explanations of the short game are so convincing that you 19ll try his drills and methods. Once you 19ve done that the confidence you 19ll gain will drop your handicap guaranteed because after all golf is a game of confidence. I am so sold on Pelz 19s methods that I took a one day clinic offered by his school. What I really like about having this book is when I mess ...more
Rickeclectic
Aug 25, 2009 Rickeclectic rated it liked it
Shelves: oddsnends
Not your typical Golf lessons. Not a book for beginners either. It is really an almost scientific treatise based on statistical analysis that Pelz has done over many years. It is dense and written almost like a scientific essay. Having said that there are many many good nuggets in here. It has the best description I have seen on how to play sand shots and it has very good information on the short game, but it is not a "fun" read. Definitely worth browsing if you are serious about learning more a ...more
Steve Jacobs
Jun 10, 2016 Steve Jacobs rated it it was amazing
If you're struggling with your short game, this book as well as Dave Stockton's are the best sources of help. My game from 50 yards in was average at best. I took what worked for me from both books and my chipping/pitching has never been better. Read it...read it again...and then continue to read this book. It is beyond excellent!
Bill
Apr 26, 2016 Bill rated it it was amazing
I was doing pretty well with the Pelz short game technique. Then three years ago I switched to Phil Michelson's advice in his short game book and video. Michelson really messed me up! I kept trying, but there were too many shanks and fat hits. Maybe I'm not athletic enough for Michelson. I have gone back to Dave Pelz and my short game is improving now.
Dick
Aug 09, 2008 Dick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: help
If you golf, you know you lose shots around the green. This really can help if you apply it. Of course, that's the hard part. Practice and application. But his approach is straightforward and uncomplicated (okay, 400 pages isn't uncomplicated).
Sandy
Jul 11, 2015 Sandy rated it it was amazing
this book is amazing and has so much information. probably should read it 5 times over the course of a year and try to use the drills, practice methods and work on it daily for a year. I hope i stay diligent. Really good if you have the time to work on your game and the practice facilities.

Andrew Carter
Jan 16, 2016 Andrew Carter rated it it was amazing
A second read, since I plan to reinvigorate my game. Great instructional book. Hope that it helps my game.
F.C. Etier
May 30, 2010 F.C. Etier rated it really liked it
Apply his methods and techniques and you'll take strokes off your game -- and maybe prevent a stroke! LOL
Peter Klemperer
Aug 09, 2013 Peter Klemperer rated it it was amazing
Best book on short game golf. In depth analysis of tour players shots leads to practical strategies for improving your golf score.
Ken
Mar 13, 2009 Ken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
This book opened up the possibilities of golf to me. Dave Pelz's wedge system is very workable and repeatable and has help me improve my game by ten strokes. Highly recommend.
Greg
Feb 06, 2011 Greg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: golf
Very helpful
Keith Mcintosh
Aug 20, 2012 Keith Mcintosh rated it really liked it
A great golf book for the analytical type personality.
Steven Yee
Aug 17, 2013 Steven Yee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, nonfiction, golf
David Pelz's Short Game Bible was about how mastering your short game in golf will help you score lower scores. I liked this book a lot and I would recommend it to golf fans.
Jason
Jan 06, 2009 Jason rated it really liked it
Very fascinating examination of the short game of golf. If you are a numbers guy, I highly recommend it.
Mike Walters
Jan 19, 2016 Mike Walters rated it it was amazing
Shelves: golf
THE definitive book on golf's short game. Pelz's methodology is sound and simple to follow and implement.
Adam Lund
Mar 29, 2015 Adam Lund rated it it was amazing
Everything I need, in fact more than I need, to improve my game. So much here it's tough to know where to start.
Galen Miller
Jun 07, 2012 Galen Miller rated it it was amazing
Read this years ago and have opened it again. A must read for GOLFERS.
Kyle Jon
Aug 25, 2015 Kyle Jon rated it it was amazing
Bill
Bill rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Robert Estes
Robert Estes rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2016
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Kyle
Kyle rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Andrew Cohen
Andrew Cohen rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Eugenio Gonzalez
Eugenio Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
David Tybor
David Tybor rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Dan Lord
Dan Lord rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2016
Bradley O'connell
Bradley O'connell rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
Rcchard
Rcchard rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2012
John Pugh
John Pugh rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2012
  • Golf is Not a Game of Perfect
  • The Inner Game of Golf
  • Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf
  • Harvey Penick's Little Red Book: Lessons and Teachings From a Lifetime of Golf
  • The Grand Slam: Bobby Jones, America, and the Story of Golf
  • Every Shot Must Have a Purpose: How GOLF54 Can Make You a Better Player
  • The Masters: Golf, Money, and Power in Augusta, Georgia
  • Capitalism 4.0: Economics, Politics, and Markets After the Crisis
  • The Mysterious Montague: A True Tale of Hollywood, Golf, and Armed Robbery
  • Harrington on Hold 'em: Expert Strategy for No-Limit Tournaments, Volume II: The Endgame
  • Golf My Way