Start by marking “Echo (The Brownstone Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Echo (The Brownstone Diaries, #1)

Echo

(The Brownstone Diaries #1)

Painfully shy, Cole Heath has always had a hard time connecting to people outside of his family. So when he meets Anderson Bester for the first time, he doesn't really think anything of it. He certainly doesn't imagine that he'll end up falling in love.

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 104 pages
Published October 23rd 2011

To ask other readers questions about Echo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echo

Start your review of Echo (The Brownstone Diaries, #1)
LutaWolf
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Cole Heath has speech condition called echolalia (he repeats the last sentence of what other’s say to him before he can go on to say what he wants) which makes it very difficult to interact with others. Many use his insecurities to not only abuse him but to use him. When Anderson Bester asks for Cole’s phone number, Cole never believes he’ll actually call but it was nice to be ask. Anderson is sent to help put a department of his father’s company back together and is surprised to find Cole. As ...more
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Wow I just loved this. Such sweet characters without being sappy. Just adorable love story with some really touching scenes.

Read it
Vio
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lovingly written sweet romance. Cole was gorgeous inside and out, he managed to sneak his way into my heart with no effort at all. I loved him a cute genuine down to earth guy. His speech difficulties affect his life in so many ways and tries hard to make himself invisible, succeeding to a certain extent. Anderson arrives and turns his life upside down, it's wonderful how Cole comes out of his shell, less shy and happier in himself. Anderson is great the tenderness and understanding he shows ...more
Arthur
Nov 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing

I love this story, although at some point the issue of 'echo' disappears completely. It's sweet but not sugary. There's enough dose of angst, happiness, and plot--especially toward the end.

It has a strong feeling of cinderfella, since Anderson is rich without Cole realizing it at first. On Anderson's part, he also didn't know that Cole actually works for his family company.

I like the way the author deals with Anderson's parents. Anderson's super rich father is not depicted as evil man
V
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a book that it will make you feel all warm inside. 2 words to describe it...just beautiful.
Jess
OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK. It is so refreshingly different. Its sweet and adorable and I enjoyed EVERY PAGE. The two main characters were absolutely perfect for each other and I couldnt think of one thing to make them or the plot better.

I recommend this for those looking for a sweet read. Its not over the top sweet like other books, instead the romance is true and realistic and I AM IN LOVE with this book.

Go ... Stop reading this review and READ IT :)
Rebecca
Echo is a novella that tells the love story between shy, nerdy Cole and confident businessman Anderson. Cole suffers from a speech impediment related to Tourettes called echolalia, a tic that forces him to repeat the last thing a person said to him before he can then say what he wants.

The premise is very interesting. Cole is a virgin partially because of his extreme shyness due to his echolalia, and so the story is largely about Anderson teaching Cole about sex and love and trust.

It really is a
Wendy Ann
You can’t not like the story of Cole and Anderson!

This book has a very unique premise because it deals with a little known condition called echolalia. As a result of having this disorder, Cole is very shy and vulnerable – almost used to people poking fun or taking advantage of him.

Anderson is like a breath of fresh air. He doesn’t react negatively towards Cole and actually works hard to win Cole’s trust and affection. His background might lead you to believe he’ll be an uppity, self-centered,
Chemical5X
I liked this so much and I really didn't want it to end. Anderson just seems like such a great guy and I wanted to cuddle Cole because he was just so cute. This is a sweet story, though it has just the right mix so you don't feel like you're swallowing a load of sugar. It just made me feel good to read it.
Kinny
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's sweet, funny and one of those stories when the sweet unassuming taken for granted underdog gets his gorgeous, ultra rich, powerful prince charming who adores him.
Snowtulip
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5

This is such an absolutely sweet story. Cole and Anderson were so good together and loved their interactions and story. Perfect read for when you need something light and enjoyable.
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

Do you remember how it felt to be in love for the first time? The sly glances shared with the object of your affections. The feeling of butterflies in your stomach, and rampant hormones that rose to the forefront with the briefest caress or whispered word were the best thing in the world. It’s that illusive time that Sol Crafter ( great name right?) manages to capture perfectly in Echo. It was that spot-on portrayal that filled me with warmth.
Lauren
I absolutely loved Echo. Such a sweet love story with beautifully written characters. I adored Cole and Anderson so much. Although Cole was supposed to be very shy and reserved - mainly as a result of being bullied in the past because of his Echolalia - I loved how he was so much more brave and confident with Anderson. He was such a cutie. Anderson was charming, and I fell in love with him almost straight away.

I actually didn't want this story to end; I got so far ahead of myself that I was
Beck
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Wow...I usually love books which feature a MC with a disability but this book just didn't do it for me at all. I really didn't feel the connection between the two characters & if Anderson had referred to Cole once more as 'cute' or 'adorable' I would have screamed...in fact, if anyone were to refer to me as cute & adorable more than once I'd probably pick my nose & fart whilst flicking the crusty snot at the pillock with the goofy grin & lack of imagination in the adjective ...more
J
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wonderful, sweet romance. This was a nicely written, well-told story of a shy, kind soul (who also happens to be unaware of his gorgeousness and appeal) and a handsome, smart, and charming hunk falling in love and getting their happy ending. I truly enjoyed and liked this. I hope the author turns out more and longer ones at that.
Harper Kingsley
Oct 24, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: romance, male-male
A sweet man with a speech condition called echolalia meets a handsome stranger. A straight-forward story set in the real world--no aliens, werewolves, ghosts, witches, etc. Just two men that meet and fall in love.
MostlyDelores
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Just so nice. A feel-good little cinderella-y romance.
Susan65
Shelves: w-disability
Very sweet story. Loved it
Tutu
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it

I purchased this book with the intention of reading something light, very sweet and romantic, without it being over the top. And according to the reviewers, this book should have fit the description. Unfortunately, not so much for me. It was an ok read with an interesting subject that started promising, but failed to deliver in my opinion.

I would have expected to love Cole but he didn’t really click with me. He was at times needy and whiny, especially in his relationship with his
Charly
Oct 27, 2012 rated it liked it
A sweet story that is clumsily written

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 6/10

PROS:
- It didn’t take long for me to develop the desire to see Cole happy. Echolalia is an unusual condition that I’ve never encountered in a romance before, and it presents some interesting challenges for him.
- Both of the main characters are cute and say some amusing things that made me smile. Looking at a huge TV at Anderson’s house, Cole says wistfully, “Would you be
Cashay
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt
So this book wasn't bad but it wasn't really all that amazin either.

I liked the characters a lot, especially Cole. At the end I found myself being a bit annoyed by Anderson who seemed to make decisions for Cole all the time and seemed to see him as not quite an adult when it came to making decision.

The whole book would've been a lot better if it was longer. For me the romance felt rushed and not really developed. Also pretty cliched but I can live with that most of the time. Same goes for the
Terry
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent read! If you needed a pick me up and need to read a sweet, heartwarming love story then this is the book. Cole has a speech impediment which forces him to repeat the last thing the other person in conversation has just said and had been teased and mocked endlessly through his childhood, aggravating his condition. Anderson is a rich businessman, son of the owner of the company that Cole works for. After a chance meeting Anderson falls hard for Cole who has such a low opinion of himself ...more
Candice
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this. Cole. Man, I loved Cole. Anderson? Well, not sure how I felt about him. I mean at times I LOVED him and then were times when I wanted to smack him. I did like how he was super rich, yet still down to Earth. In the beginning I thought he was going to be a major ass, but I am glad I was wrong.

I hope we get a sequel because I want more of Cole and Anderson :)

frying pan gif photo: fryingpangif.gif
Mary
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There are characters in books that make me smile. I read this whole book with a stupid smile on my face Cole was so sweet and shy and Anderson was just well to good to be true, but it work. Love this one!
kasjo_peja
Sep 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Very generic Harlequin-esque romance with gay Cinderella.
Emily
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a cute little read that I enjoyed.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
The characters were 5 stars.
The ease that everything feel into place was 3 stars. I totally understood the Echolalia & Anderson dealing with it but this tale needed more angst and challenges.
Mandi

• Contrary Instincts
  • Hiding Mariah
  • Goodbye Phillip
  • Chrysalis
  • The High King's Golden Tongue (Tales of the High Court, #1)
  • Solstice Bushes and Hanukkah Wishes
  • Halcyon Cats
  • His True Nature (The Forestry Series, #1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Apart (of me), Part 1 (Season 9, #8)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Billy the Vampire Slayer, Part 2 (Season 9, #15)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Guarded, Part 2 (Season 9, #12)
  • Online Service
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: On Your Own, Part 1 (Season 9, #6)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Apart (of me), Part 3 (Season 9, #10)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Magical Mystery Tour Featuring the Beetles (Season 9, #0)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: On Your Own, Part 2 (Season 9, #7)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Freefall, Part 4 (Season 9, #4)
“I've gotta go now. Laura has this stupid thing she wants me to go to. There was a feminine yell in the background. This supremely wonderful and life changing thing she wants me to go to.” 1 likes