Start by marking “Princess Posey and the Monster Stew (Princess Posey, #4)” as Want to Read:
Princess Posey and the Monster Stew (Princess Posey, #4)

Princess Posey and the Monster Stew

(Princess Posey #4)

Make reading sparkle with the fourth title in the adorable Princess Posey chapter book series!

Halloween is right around the corner and Princess Posey is super excited to have a party with her first grade classmates and go trick-or-treating. But sometimes Halloween tricks are scary. When Posey's teacher announces that they're going to have monster stew at their party, she's
Published August 16th 2012 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about Princess Posey and the Monster Stew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess Posey and the Monster Stew

Jamie
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From all the parents out there who read tons of books to their kids and sometimes have to suffer through some really awful ones because their kids love them, I would like to say Thank You. My son loves these and so do I.
WriteTheVision
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was ok

My first chapter book read aloud to my students for the new school year. They seemed to enjoy the story, but it hasn't incited their desire to check out the other books in the series. Perhaps it will take time to see a change in that response.
Cheryl
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Maybe I'm just not the target audience, but these are truly getting old already. I do like Posey's extra special princess hat that she makes, though, and I especially like that Gramps helps her with it.
Katie Fitzgerald
It’s Halloween in this fourth book in the Princess Posey series, and the boys in Posey’s class have told her that only babies go trick-or-treating with flashlights. Her teacher says they’ll be having monster stew in class on Halloween. On top of that, one of the boys next door is wearing a scary ogre mask as part of his costume. Posey doesn’t want to be a baby, but she is definitely scared of the dark and of monsters. It will take a lot of creativity - and some help from Gramps - to make sure Ha ...more
Crystal
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I got a set of these hard-cover books for very cheap at a Friends of the Library book sale. I was very happy to note the large print with a nice big space between lines. Reading through, the mentality, language, and story was perfect for a group of my high first and mid-low second grade girls. Without a level on scholastic book-wizard (besides saying it was a 1.2 grade level), I decided we could just give it a try. It was well worth that try for my low-high second graders who hated reading and w ...more
Samantha
This is a very cute book and a very good Halloween read for kids. After coming off of a bad children's Halloween book, this is a breath of fresh air.

Posey is an adorable and relatable little girl. She is curious and she likes school and she has the kinds of fears young children might have at Halloween. She is a little teased by boys in her class and wants to be seen as brave.

Overall, this is a quick read, and makes a good transition book from picture books to chapter books. It is simple and st
Kristine Hansen
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's subtle...if you read these in order the reading level will get just a little bit harder as you go. I LOVE when a series takes that into consideration. And the fact that my daughters can't get enough of these books pleases me as well. What a great and fun way to advance your reading level!

This is a Halloween story and as usual Posey has her own unique way of handling her fears. Adventurous and brave, Posey is a role model I'd like for my own kids (beautiful the way she comforts her little br
KathyP
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
My 6 yr old daughter is a huge fan. Reading level is 2.9.

It is a great series for advance girl readers. Posey is very sweet, but timid--a typical 1st grade girl. In this book, she is both excited about all that Halloween has to offer, but a bit afraid of Halloween, too. This is also typical 1st grade stuff.

In the end, she shows conquers her fears to have a fun & creative time.

My daughter wishes there could be 99 books in the series.
Crys
Posey is back, and this time it is to celebrate Halloween, with monster stew.

Another adorable read with Posey, a first-grader looking to live each day with all she can.

This series is perfect for read-alouds with your little ones, ages 4 to 6.

I'm going to have to check my library for the third one!
Suzanne Warr
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For a book this size, Princess Posey and the Monster Stew packs a lot of punch! It's one kids will love, and parents will to because it's enjoyable enough to hold for repetitions and the kind of book-obsession kids often go for. Find my full spotlight (plus the cat's two cents) on my blog, and happy reading!
Elissa Schaeffer
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another great story about Posey! As she has with the other Princess Posey books, Greene treats her fears and anxieties with respect and it makes Posey a great character. This time it's about Halloween with a dash of growing up--and the perfect compromise at the end. Yay for Princess Posey! :)
Franki Ross
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a really cute book. I would definitely recommend reading it to you classroom or children during halloween time to show them that it is okay to be afraid of things and eventually you will be able to face them.
Angie
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
My niece and I read the whole book in one day!!!!! We love Posey's stories. Ms. Greene keep them coming!!!!!! :-)
Barb Keister
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Some kids have a security blanket, but Posey has her tutu to help her through scary times. Cute series for 1st/2nd grade readers.
Valleri
A very cute story involving my favorite holiday :-)
Jessica Bearden
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I totally didn't know she had more books until I got on goodreads and I plan on reading more because I think it would be a good addition to my classroom.
Camille
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Princess Posey reminds me of my oldest little girl. We love her adventures. This book was a fun read right before Halloween.
Karin
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another winner in the Princess Posey series - this one perfect for Halloween read aloud.
Sydney
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
its about Ms.Lee (posey's teacher) said they were going to have monster stew first posey was scared but she found out the real truth about monster stew
Stephanie  Harchar
Susan
Nov 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Heidi Heckelbeck and the Christmas Surprise
  • Just Grace Walks the Dog (Just Grace, #3)
  • Ladybug Girl and the Dress-up Dilemma
  • One Is a Feast for Mouse: A Thanksgiving Tale
  • Pinkalicious and the Cupcake Calamity
  • Violet Mackerel's Remarkable Recovery (Violet Mackerel, #2)
  • The Summer Sherman Loved Me
  • The Fourth Grade Wizards
  • Summerhouse Time
  • Giant Trouble (Hamster Princess #4)
  • Ophie Out of Oz
  • Mika: My New Life (Lotus Lane, #4)
  • Fairy School Dropout
  • The End
  • The Little Leftover Witch

Princess Posey (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1)
  • Princess Posey and the Perfect Present (Princess Posey, #2)
  • Princess Posey and the Next-Door Dog (Princess Posey, #3)
  • Princess Posey and the Tiny Treasure (Princess Posey, #5)
  • Princess Posey and the New First Grader (Princess Posey, #6)
  • Princess Posey and the Christmas Magic (Princess Posey, #7)
  • Princess Posey and the First-Grade Boys (Princess Posey, #8)
  • Princess Posey and the Valentine's Day Ballet (Princess Posey, #9)
  • Princess Posey and the Flower Girl Fiasco