Start by marking “The Life And Words Of Martin Luther King Jr.” as Want to Read:
The Life And Words Of Martin Luther King Jr.

The Life And Words Of Martin Luther King Jr.

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Quoting extensively from Dr. Martin Luther King's sermons and speeches, the author chronicles King's rise from a young minister in Montgomery, Alabama to the world's greatest spokesperson for civil rights.
Published January 1st 1991 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Life And Words Of Martin Luther King Jr., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life And Words Of Martin Luther King Jr.

Crazy Book Eater
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-buy, from-library
4,5. Amazing biography of a great man.
Claire S
Looks like a great book for a kid to create a report from.. some of the pictures might be a bit disturbing - the KKK around a huge bonfire, etc.. Copyright 1968 (some speeches are copyright as of their date), it uses the word 'Negroes' routinely. Explains things in a simple way that still contains the basic injustice of the original situations, and the importance of the actions taken. It ends with a picture of King's gravestone, with the words from his "I have a dream" speech: 'Free at last, fre ...more
Marda
Sep 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
I thought that this book was okay but it wasn't the kind of book I would normally read, It doesn't really grab my attention. Before i read this book I had learned somethings about martin luther king jr. I wanted to know more about how he grew up before the author started to talk about how he was leading.

This book is about How martin luther king ruled and leaded the negro people. It's about how he was leading and all the things he had gone through. This book also includes some of the things he ha
Alexis
Apr 29, 2014 rated it liked it
In the book Martin Luther King Jr. Ira Peck tells the amazing story about Martin Luther's kings life.In this book it tells us how powerful Martin was, and also how he changed a lot of people's life.My favorite part was when they talked a bout his number one speech " I Have a Dream".In my point of view I think this book just told the main parts in his life.Some of the parts I already knew.The question is did other people think he was a great person?

In the book I thought it was powerful because we
Ruthie
Overall the book was an interesting read. I went into reading this already knowing some about what happened with Martin Luther King Jr. and the civil rights movement, but it was good to refresh my memory. It was a very basic over view. If you want to get a in depth perspective of those events then I would recommend looking for a different book.

I would also like to give a heads up and let anybody interested in reading the book that Peck almost exclusively refers to the people involved as "n*gr**
Sarah M.
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a story about Martin Luther King Jr.'s life. The book tells of his words and what he has done to make history. The book includes pictures to help capture the life of Martin Luther King Jr. I would recommend this book for students who are in grade fifth and sixth because it is a little wordy for younger students.
Tristen Rhoden
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought that it was a good book for people that like to learn about history and about peoples life. It might also be a good book to read if you were writing a paper or something about Martin Luther King JR.
Michelle Montiel
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought that this was a good book because I like reading about people who inspire and now a days effect us in many different ways.
Theresa
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
a brief overview of his life and times and what he inspired.
Kelli
Jissell
Dec 29, 2013
Catherine
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book tells instead of shows. There is a lot of information, but the way it is presented is pretty dry.
Bank Ogun