Start by marking “Titanic Love Stories: The True Stories of 13 Honeymoon Couples Who Sailed on the Titanic” as Want to Read:

Titanic Love Stories The sinking of the RMS Titantic was a terrible tragedy for all the 1,517 people who died - but the stories of the 13 brides and grooms who joined the ship to celebrate their honeymoons are especially poignant.
Published 2011 by Ivy Press

To ask other readers questions about Titanic Love Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Titanic Love Stories

Echo
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting look at 13 of the couples who sailed on the Titanic and what happened to each of them. Each story has pictures of the couple and tells how they met, how they came to be on the Titanic, and what happened to them during and after the sinking of the ship. There is also other information mixed in with the stories of the people, including menus, information about the rooms in the ship, and information about other people on board the ship.
I thought it was interesting that, at one po
Melissa
This was a more of a who's who of Titanic's first class honeymooning couples. After a while the stories though romantic really started to sound the same. There were a few 2nd and 3rd class stories at the end but compared to the stories of the first class couples they were the ones that were the most enjoyable to read.
Christy
This book was a disappointing attempt to create a story about these 13 couples by mounds of speculation without very little facts. Each short story exists only to repeat the sinking of the titanic and to mention that these people were on it. Chapter after chapter you will read the same account and very little real info about these couples that matter other than the exotic locations they honeymooned. It reads more like fiction instead of the stated non-fiction by the author. Quite a disappointmen ...more
Taylor
I remember buying this. I was horribly reluctant. It was in the bargain books section of the store and I think I bought it just because I had the $6.00 (or whatever) burning a hole in my pocket.

I have read a lot about the Titanic over the years; every since I can remember it has been something that has fascinated me. All of the fictional movies, the documentaries, magazines, exhibits... all I have indulged in. It pains me to say that this account is one of the worst .

Paul appeals to the hopel
Cally73
Feb 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Beautifully presented book telling the stories of 13 honey-mooning couples aboard the Titanic. Lot's of details around the ship itself and sinking, none of which are new to those who have read other books around the Titanic. Some of the chapter summaries at the beginning of each story contain spoilers to whether the couple survives. Personally I would have preferred to find this out as the story unfolded. Some of the couples are well known, others less so. It's certainly a touching book. My main ...more
Diane Briones™
Titanic Love Story that will Touch your Heart

Sometimes you get a historical non-fiction that is hard to read and doesn't make you want to complete it. But I found myself not wanting to put this down.

This book tells the stories of 13 couples who were taking their honeymoon onboard the Titanic. The author does an excellent job of interspersing their stories with fascinating facts about the ship, as well as anecdotes that have come down through the decades. He gives a good variation of couples as w
Erin
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have always loved the Titanic ever since I first heard Leo claim to be the king of the world. When I first discovered the story, I spent months scavenging my bookstores and libraries for any book based upon it or offered a different perspective. The Titanic disaster is one of the things I know most about in this world. Strangely enough, this particular book had been on my Chapters wishlist for ages. I had no intention of buying it, and had I not found it at a second-hand bookstore where I was ...more
Kirsti
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A really great look at some of those aboard the Titanic, specifically those who were married and on their honeymoon on the 'unsinkable' ship. Some of the things I knew already, but many of the facts and stories were new to me, and this made the book hold my attention. It really stood out for me on a day where I actually managed to read three novels in total, and I think this was my favorite read of the day. The stories were well presented, and felt very personal as well.

I loved all the pictures,
Samantha
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was probably one of the most depressing books I have ever read in my life. BUT! It was so educational and well written that I liked it very much. The subject matter is always going to be very depressing, considering it was one of the greatest ship disasters of all time.

The actual pages are beautiful. Each page has a section of text, as well as a picture or several pictures. There are interesting little facts here and there, blocked off in soft yellow boxes. The pages have shades of gray, b
Rachel Carrington
I've always been interested in all things Titanic so when I saw this book, I had to know more about these couples who took that tragic journey.

Gill Paul's insights into the worlds of these honeymooners showcases not only his talent but his knowledge and research about the Titanic.

These stories are heart-breaking, life-affirming, and powerful. It would be impossible to read this book and not be moved. I know I certainly was.
Jodie
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued when this one came in. I have always been fascinated by the sinking of the Titanic. I didn't realize that there were 13 honeymooning couples on board. I loved that the book was more about the lives of these couples and what happened to them, than just what happened that fateful night.
A really interesting read for anyone interested in history, the Titanic or both.
Hannah Harvey
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is such a great read. Not only were the stories told in this book really moving, but I also learnt a lot about the Titanic which I didn't know before.
It was laid out really nicely, and told the stories of these Titanic passengers really well. I enjoyed it a lot.

Full review on my blog: www.thebooktower.webs.com
Sandra Strange
This book is just what it says--the stories of 13 couples honeymooning on the fated ship and what happens to each. Good background information and lots of pictures make the book a fast and informative read about the tragedy.
Saturday's Child
An interesting and easy read that looks at the thirteen couples who sailed on the Titanic during their honeymoon. From 1st to 3rd class each couples story is told along with lots of pictures and illustrations.
Tracy
Feb 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love learning things about the Titanic. The presentation of the honeymooning couples aboard the Titanic brings an even more human element to the tragedy. An excellant read for anyone interested in personal presentation of the sinking.
Kelli
It's kind of an enthralling read. It's interesting what all was shown to light about the upper class people on the Titanic when the ship sank. The stories are sort of heart breaking and sad. However, it's one of those books you really don't stop reading because it's so interesting.
Courtney
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. The stories are heartbreaking but I'm glad to have read them.
Evie Janelle
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Titanic fascinates me. These stories fascinate me.
Arzu
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book; it was intricately researched and provided a very intimate glimpse inside the lives of some of the passengers aboard the Titanic. My only grievances with this book is that some chapters ended abruptly, with an awkward conclusion, and some of the writing was awkward. A must-read for anybody interested in the history of the Titanic!
Karen
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story of honeymooners on the Titanic.. very interesting the amount of money in today's value it cost to sail in the ship. I was SHOCKED...sad facts the more $$$ you had the greater chance of your survival. First class passenger women almost all survived.... steerage literally no one.
Eszter
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A very light book and a good introduction to the titanic. The side bars were interesting and gave a lot of cool background information. However, the couples stories were a bit repetitive over time (all were the one true loves, no matter how many times they remarried etc.).
Jessica
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book. I wish it had even more stories of passengers because I just wanted to keep reading!
Karen
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very well written book about 13 couples and how they did or did not survive. Learned a lot. Only 711 survived out off 2224 people
Danielle
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Real rating 4.5
katie
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this was my seconds time reading this book
Nadia
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history, biography
This is a lovely book about thirteen honeymoon couples on board the Titanic. Yes it is sad, but the stories are interesting and there are lots of photographs to accompany the stories.
Linda Strawn
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this book. True stories. Suspense. Who dies and who survives! Read it on a cruise.
Jasmin
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookshelf
So eine traurig aber zugleich schöne Sammlung von überlebenden der Titanik.
DAISY DISNEY
This was an awesome read for the anniversary of Titanic’s sinking. After seeing the movie many years ago, I started to become interested in Titanic and its historical voyage. I was very happy when I found this book at the Barnes and Nobles clearance section. I simply adored that it had pictures of the couples spoken about in the book, and it also had pictures of Titanic both inside and outside. What a beautiful boat it was! I can see why so many people on the early 1900’s were excited about bec ...more
kim
I have been fascinated with the story of the Titanic ever since I was young and watched A Night to Remember with my grandma on the late show. It’s easy to understand why Grandma was obsessed; she was only 9 years old when she made the journey to the US just 13 months before the Titanic sank! With the 100th anniversary of the disaster this past April, many books based on the tragedy have been published this year.

This one caught my eye for several reasons. First, and most obvious, it is about the
  • And the Band Played On: The Titanic Violinist & the Glovemaker: A True Story of Love, Loss & Betrayal
  • Shadow of the Titanic: The Extraordinary Stories of Those Who Survived
  • Last Dinner On the Titanic: Menus and Recipes From the Great Liner
  • The Band That Played On: The Extraordinary Story of the 8 Musicians Who Went Down with the Titanic
  • Titanic - A Survivor's Story
  • How to Survive the Titanic: or, The Sinking of J. Bruce Ismay
  • Titanic, First Accounts
  • Voyagers of the Titanic: Passengers, Sailors, Shipbuilders, Aristocrats, and the Worlds They Came From
  • Lost Voices From the Titanic: The Definitive Oral History
  • 882 1/2 Amazing Answers to Your Questions About the Titanic
  • Unsinkable: The Full Story Of The RMS Titanic
  • Titanic's Last Secrets: The Further Adventures of Shadow Divers John Chatterton and Richie Kohler
  • A Rare Titanic Family: How the Caldwells Survived the Sinking and Traveled the World
  • Polar: The Titanic Bear
  • Titanic Survivor: The Newly Discovered Memoirs of Violet Jessop Who Survived Both the Titanic and Britannic Disasters
  • The Loss of the S.S. Titanic: Its Story and Its Lessons
  • The Story of the Titanic As Told by Its Survivors
  • Down with the Old Canoe: A Cultural History of the Titanic Disaster
Gill Paul writes historical fiction, including The Lost Daughter (set in Stalinist Russia and Sydney), Another Woman's Husband (about Wallis Simpson and Princess Diana), The Secret Wife (about the Romanovs), No Place for a Lady (set during the Crimean War), Women and Children First (set on the Titanic) and The Affair (set in 1960s Rome during the making of the Burton-Taylor Cleopatra film).

She al