Start by marking “The Wish” as Want to Read:
The Wish

The Wish

The Wish--never before released as a standalone novella! Previously published in the anthology Getting’ Merry.
November 29, 2011

Be careful what you wish for. That's the lesson a fine brother with a wounded heart learns when an eccentric old woman grants him a wish for true love--if he's not too blind to see it.
Published November 29th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wish

Kat
May 20, 2015 Kat rated it really liked it
Great love story. I was hoping for some steamy love scenes but this book didn't have it. It's a sweet romantic book and a good read.
Vera S. Duhart
Dec 30, 2016 Vera S. Duhart rated it it was amazing
When you pick up a book by Ms. Ray you'll always chose a winner!

This is a cute Christmas novella that will make you believe that wishes do come true. Nicholas and Andrea's journey starts by a wish granted to Nicholas by Andrea's elderly aunt. The rest I'll let you read for your self!
Ms. Ray is one of my favorite author s and she is truly missed.
Roseane Corrêa
Dec 26, 2016 Roseane Corrêa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This history is magic, let us to dream about the true love. Thanks Francys
Francis Ray
Oct 24, 2011 Francis Ray rated it really liked it
Booklist

In Francis Ray's delightful "The Wish," a man who doesn't believe in magic is granted a wish to be married. John Charles

Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

4.0 out of 5 stars Shades Of Romance Magazine Review, February 19, 2003

By Lashaunda C. Hoffman "SORMAG" (Saint Louis, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

This review is from: Gettin' Merry (Mass Market Paperback)

Reviewed by: Shaun Williams

F. Ray's "The Wish"

A visit to the grocery store
Kimberly
Dec 05, 2016 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Cute Story

In the fashion of Ms Ray, this story was sweet and heart warming. Love conquers all, and is a wonderful gift for the holidays.
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
This was an OK story. It was cute, sweet. It didn't wow me, but didn't turn me away either. I really liked Andrea, the niece of the old woman, and I really wanted her to get Her wish too.
Here's a cute quote -
"Pleeazze." Elaine waved her slender manicured hand. "Since when has a man been able to come to a decision without the help of a woman?" - How true! LOL
This was a nice quick, clean-ish read (talk of sex, but nothing graphic). Great for the holidays.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Love requires so much faith, just as a wish granted requires the one granted with the wish to have faith also. Beautiful journey of a man being granted a wish he tried to run from. Being caught was not his intention but it was his destiny.
Carla
Feb 18, 2012 Carla rated it it was amazing
I have read "The Wish" several times, in the original anthology and again as the Kindle novella. This is a beautiful story with just enough heartache and triumph. I love the characters and the storyline. I am trying hard not to tell the story so read it and let me know what you think.
Sally Mccargo
Mar 12, 2014 Sally Mccargo rated it it was amazing
5***** read

This was a five star read. Had me rooting for Nicholas and Andrea to find everlasting happiness with each other. Francis Ray is a fantastic author.
Patrice
Jul 13, 2013 Patrice rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for this lovely book. It was a great romance story with a little mystery in it. I wish that it was more than a short story. It would've been great as a regular novel.
Denise Cobbs
Feb 19, 2014 Denise Cobbs rated it it was amazing
Good short story

This is a cute short Christmas story. I enjoyed it. I love romance stories. RIP Francis Ray may your memory live on through your books.
Rhonda
May 12, 2013 Rhonda rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
Woman can mysteriously grant wishes to people...this one, to a man who wishes to be married, and then denies that is what he wants.
Debra Ball
Debra Ball rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2013
Sharon K. Sasso
Sharon K. Sasso rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Kimberly Ross
Kimberly Ross rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2015
Monica
Monica rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2012
Sharon Mccalop
Sharon Mccalop rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2012
venus williams
venus williams rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Msfontan
Msfontan rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2014
Nasiruddin Al-mahi
Nasiruddin Al-mahi rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Kris
Kris rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2014
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Word
Word rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Dakia
Dakia rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2015
Tanesha Abernathy
Tanesha Abernathy rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2013
Monique
Monique rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2014
Tramaine Green
Tramaine Green rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2012
Dirdre
Dirdre rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2013
Vanessa Willis
Vanessa Willis rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2012
Tiffany Johnson
Tiffany Johnson rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Wish is a Fresh Pick at Fresh Fiction. 1 1 Dec 23, 2011 07:20PM
THE WISH: A Holiday eNovella purchase links. 1 2 Nov 07, 2011 11:39AM
  • Her Little Black Book
  • A Whole Lotta Love
  • A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)
  • Until The End of Time
  • Inconvenient Love
  • My Only Desire
  • In Name Only
  • Simply Amazing (Arrington Family #2.5)
Died July 2, 2013.

Francis Ray was a New York Times and USA Today bestselling African-American writer of romance novels. Her literary fiction series – Taggart and Falcon, the Invincible Women, Grayson Family of New Mexico, and Grayson Friends – have consistently made bestseller's lists. She was born in Richland, Texas, and studied nursing, receiving a bachelor's degree from Texas Woman's University
More about Francis Ray...