Start by marking “The Wish” as Want to Read:
The Wish

The Wish

The Wish--never before released as a standalone novella! Previously published in the anthology Getting’ Merry.
November 29, 2011

Be careful what you wish for. That's the lesson a fine brother with a wounded heart learns when an eccentric old woman grants him a wish for true love--if he's not too blind to see it.
Published November 29th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wish

Kat
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great love story. I was hoping for some steamy love scenes but this book didn't have it. It's a sweet romantic book and a good read.
Vera S. Duhart
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When you pick up a book by Ms. Ray you'll always chose a winner!

This is a cute Christmas novella that will make you believe that wishes do come true. Nicholas and Andrea's journey starts by a wish granted to Nicholas by Andrea's elderly aunt. The rest I'll let you read for your self!
Ms. Ray is one of my favorite author s and she is truly missed.
kester skepple
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was a bit short but besides that I'm a Francis Ray fan and I would recommend this to all the romance lovers
Francis Ray
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Booklist

In Francis Ray's delightful "The Wish," a man who doesn't believe in magic is granted a wish to be married. John Charles

Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

4.0 out of 5 stars Shades Of Romance Magazine Review, February 19, 2003

By Lashaunda C. Hoffman "SORMAG" (Saint Louis, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

This review is from: Gettin' Merry (Mass Market Paperback)

Reviewed by: Shaun Williams

F. Ray's "The Wish"

A visit to the grocery store
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
This was an OK story. It was cute, sweet. It didn't wow me, but didn't turn me away either. I really liked Andrea, the niece of the old woman, and I really wanted her to get Her wish too.
Here's a cute quote -
"Pleeazze." Elaine waved her slender manicured hand. "Since when has a man been able to come to a decision without the help of a woman?" - How true! LOL
This was a nice quick, clean-ish read (talk of sex, but nothing graphic). Great for the holidays.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Love requires so much faith, just as a wish granted requires the one granted with the wish to have faith also. Beautiful journey of a man being granted a wish he tried to run from. Being caught was not his intention but it was his destiny.
Carla
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have read "The Wish" several times, in the original anthology and again as the Kindle novella. This is a beautiful story with just enough heartache and triumph. I love the characters and the storyline. I am trying hard not to tell the story so read it and let me know what you think.
Priscilla Elliott
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very Good book easy to follow and not dragged out for every.
Erica
Aug 28, 2013 added it
Shelves: romance
A sweet and endearing read!
Ladying
Jun 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute lil story!
Sally Mccargo
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5***** read

This was a five star read. Had me rooting for Nicholas and Andrea to find everlasting happiness with each other. Francis Ray is a fantastic author.
Michelle M
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This novella was okay. It was entertaining at times.
It has love, passion, and suspence.
Nova
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: francis-ray
Great holiday story. Loved the characters and how "the wish " came to be. The ending was so sweet.
Patrice
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for this lovely book. It was a great romance story with a little mystery in it. I wish that it was more than a short story. It would've been great as a regular novel.
Kimberly
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute Story

In the fashion of Ms Ray, this story was sweet and heart warming. Love conquers all, and is a wonderful gift for the holidays.
Denise Cobbs
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good short story

This is a cute short Christmas story. I enjoyed it. I love romance stories. RIP Francis Ray may your memory live on through your books.
Shermain Rene
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thought it was a little different for her style but loved it just the same.
Rhonda
May 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
Woman can mysteriously grant wishes to people...this one, to a man who wishes to be married, and then denies that is what he wants.
Debra Ball
  • In Name Only
  • Trust in Me
  • Bawss
  • Merry Ex-Mas
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • The Well-Lived Laugh: Designing a Life That Keeps You Smiling
  • Escape (Unchained, #1)
  • Trade Secrets
  • Harlem Redux
Francis Ray was a New York Times and USA Today bestselling African-American writer of romance novels. Her literary fiction series – Taggart and Falcon, the Invincible Women, Grayson Family of New Mexico, and Grayson Friends – have consistently made bestseller's lists. She was born in Richland, Texas, and studied nursing, receiving a bachelor's degree from Texas Woman's University in 1967. She bega ...more