Start by marking “Divided in Death (In Death, #18)” as Want to Read:
Divided in Death (In Death, #18)

Divided in Death

(In Death #18)

Reva Ewing, a former member of the Secret Service and a security specialist for Roarke Enterprises, is a prime suspect in a double homicide. She had every reason to want to kill her husband, the renowned artist Blair Bissel. Not only was he having an affair, he was having it with her best friend.

But Lieutenant Eve Dallas, who's on the case, believes Reva is innocent. Eve's
Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published August 31st 2004 by Berkley Books (first published January 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Divided in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divided in Death

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Earlier I said this too many times but I'll said that again... Book 18 and Eve & Roarke never stops to amaze me. I just love them so much. I love their relationship and they are my all time favorite couple! :)

I highly recommend this series to you! <3

“Eve: “If you ended up naked and dead with another woman, I'd do the Rumba on your corpse.”

Roarke: “You can't do the Rumba.”

Eve: “I'd take lessons first.”

Roarke: “You might very well. Not that you'll ever get the chance, but you'd also griev
Mo
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I honestly don't know what to say about these books. She keeps writing stellar storylines, keeps me interested, makes me want more. You would think that after 18 books I would be rolling my eyes and saying... "give me something new" - nope, not a chance in hell. Give me something more is what I am saying.

"I can't step aside on this, not even for you."

"If you could step aside on this, even for me, you wouldn't be the man I fell for in the first place, would you?"

"Remember this moment, won't you,
♥Sharon♥
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know what to say any more. I am always repeating myself. But it is true. I absolutely love these books. J.D. Robb is an amazing author. Eighteen books in and I still crave more. Thankfully I have 26 more to go.

I adore Roarke. His love for Eve is unwavering.

“I love you.” His lips formed the words against her breast. “I’m lost in love with you.”

Eve…..his cop. She loves Roarke endlessly. He is her rock.

“You’re the love of my life. I don’t care how corny that sounds. You’re the start of
Phrynne
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4000-books
I like every book J.D. Robb writes but this particular one is just brilliant. Everything I like about her books is here in spades:)
The story is slick and smart and Eve is in top form. The way she handles herself under extreme pressure is brilliant. The wicked one liners keep coming from all and sundry but especially from Peabody, Eve and Roarke. And then there are the emotional bits when life in paradise starts to come a little unglued. The make up scene is an absolute tear jerker.
I had great di
Carolyn
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, futuristic, thriller
Number 18 in the series and still going strong! One of the best so far in this very enjoyable series with an excellent plot, all our favourite characters and new insights into Eve's early life.

When Roarke's security specialist Reva Ewing, daughter of his PA Caro, is found next to a bed containing the slaughtered bodies of her husband artist Blair Bissel and her best friend Felicity, she is immediately arrested for murder. Fortunately for her Eve and Peabody are called to the crime scene and Eve
Jilly
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
A cheating husband who gets killed in bed with his mistress, the wife's best friend. They are both stabbed to death. That's justice. Kind of hard to feel sorry for them. Eve makes her feelings on the subject pretty clear:

Eve to Roarke: “If you ended up naked and dead with another woman, I’d do the rumba on your corpse.”

“You can’t do the rumba.”

“I’d take lessons first.”

He laughed, rubbed a hand over her thigh. “You might very well, not that you’ll ever get the chance. But you’d also grieve.”

“Wou
Karla
5 Stars...this is the series that keeps on giving!! I am in awe of the fact that I am on book 18 in this series and it just keeps getting BETTER!! The plot was well thought out, fresh, exciting and held my interest throughout! I was on edge for most of the book, not only because of the suspense, but due to the rift in Roarke and Eve’s relationship. They are not perfect; they both have their flaws, and are steadfast in their belief, which has always created friction in their marriage. But, in thi ...more
Irene Sim
One of the best stories in the series.

I will admit that the tension between Roarke and Eve had me tearing up a few times and the emotions were so strong that I had to pause and take a few breaths to calm myself. There is some new information about Eve's past as a child and she disagrees with Roarke about how to handdle things.

The crime-plot was very complicated and intricate and the stakes were very high for Eve and her team. I enjoyed seeing Peabody evolving as a detective and holding her own
Alex ♈
Suspense 4.5 stars / Romance 4 stars

Interesting and twisted story. My vicious side didn't feel sorry for the two victims at the beginning. Can they kill cheaters in every romance book please?!
Despite I suspected who was the actual murderer and what the twist was, I enjoyed the story.

Romance. Roarke and Eve had a fight. Don't get me wrong, I like Roarke, but Eve was/is/and always will be my highest priority. God, I love this woman!!! I understood why she didn't want the 'revenge', but I still wis
Mei
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
This series is the ULT (as Mavis would say)!!!

I love, love the fashion touches in all the books!!! It’s so believable! I keep seeing Ian and his crazy dresses!!!

This could be Ian’s formal dress…

… or his working uniform…

And the shoes?

these could be Mavies’

We have gel sandals, gel pumps, fish swimming in shoes!!!

dind’t know they really exist!!! O_O

And shall we look at the make up? Temporary tattoos, piercings, body art… WOW!!!

very tame… probably a classy LC…

on-stage Mavies…

And the gadg
Jo
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this installment! Its got a good mystery, but again its the character development that drives this book. For a large part of this book, Eve and Roarke cannot find their way to each other, they are estranged by their different reactions to some information that comes to light about Eve's past. It's this struggle which makes the heart of the book so compelling because you want them to make it. Very intense. And the scenes of Eve on her own without his support...heartbreaking, even though sh ...more
Alex Cantone
Don't count myself as a fan and I have mixed views on this one. Starts well, with Roarke’s security specialist, Reva – a former secret service agent and daughter of Roarke’s PA Caro - framed for the murders of her sculptor husband and her friend Felicity Kade (who introduced the couple), with Caro bringing Eve in to run the investigation.

Everything about the murders is cleverly staged, but Eve is convinced of Reva’s innocence, and as she and Roarke delve deeper they discover that the murdered p
Shawna
4.5 stars - Romantic Suspense/Futuristic/Crime Thriller

Whatever happened to me back in Dallas, I came out of it. I'm standing here because of it. Maybe I have everything that matters to me, including you, because of it. If that's true, I'd go through it all again. I'd go through every minute of the hell to have you, to have my badge, to have this life. That's enough balance for me.

Undone, he pressed his lips to the symbol of what she was, and felt the heart that thundered for him beneath it. His
Belles
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2018, 2019
Intense book! One of my favorites in the series so far.
Aly is so frigging bored
1st read: 31 May - 14 June 2013

2nd read: 18-29 September 2015
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
*Rereading for group buddy read - Sept. 2017
Finished reread - One of the few books I can say I love more and more each time I reread it. Great plot line and police procedural and even better character relationship development. Awesome Must Read!

One of my favorites of the series! Roarke & Eve struggle with an issue that is pulling them apart, causing a rift in their marriage. The difference in what they both are, what they believe, what they can live with rises surfaces and threatens to tear
Christa
The one where the wife walks in on her husband and his mistress in a rage, but they are already dead. The husband is a spy and it leads to Eve butting heads with Homeland Security.

“Those usual routines don’t apply as much when you’re Bonding.”
“Bonding? How am I bonding? I’m not interested in bonding, in fact I dislike bonding intensely.”
“No, no, Bonding. Like Bond, James Bond. You know, ult spy guy.”
“God.” Eve shot down a cross-street, and made it a block before she stalled again. “Why me?”
Kjen
5 stars is never enough!****Even though I've read this countless times, it was just what I needed to reset my preferences and remember why E&R are THE couple in modern fiction. Awesomeness abounds, love conquers, characters are mature and worthy, and no one is TSTL. I used the bloody heck out of the highlight feature on my Kindle. ***Love***
8/18/15 Another re-read...sometimes it's just great to go back and read the 'classics.':)
Anastasia
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Divided in Death by J. D. Robb is the 18th book in the In Death series. Roarke asks his wife, Lieutenant Eve Dallas, to investigate a double homicide when one of his top security operatives, Reva Ewing, finds the body of her husband in bed with her friend. These books are amazing and just keep getting better and better. Reva is Roarke's secretary Caro's daughter and we find out more of her background. Fast paced and captivating, I can never seem to get enough of these books.
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Liked this book, to an extent. Loved reading about Caro's background and how she came to work for Roarke.

I found that Roarke and his "big balls" were a bit too big and his thinking so very narrow-minded. I guess J.D. Robb likes to confirm his violent tendencies. I know Roarke will go to any extent to protect Eve, but how could he not clue in to her feelings about the whole HSO business.

Anyways, 2 thumbs up and 5 stars for Eve and Roarke!
 Olivermagnus
Divided in Death is the eighteenth book of the popular In Death Series, featuring Lt. Eve Dallas. Former Secret Service agent, Reva Ewing, left the service to become a security specialist for Roarke Enterprises, owned by Eve's billionaire husband. When Reva is found standing over the dead bodies of her husband and his mistress, she definitely looks guilty. Because Reva was integral to one of his highly classified Code Red Projects for Homeland Security, there's now a danger to Roarke's business. ...more
Caro
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-death
Page-turning, heart-wrenching, tough and a great ending. Another keeper for the shelf. There was suspense, twists and turns, some rough patches, emotional upheaval, revelations, some touching moments, good characters and personalities, humor, a little action, growth and everything in between. I laughed, snickered, held my breath, teared up a little, got aggravated, had a great time and am ready to go back for more. Totally Iced and Enjoy!
Kathy Davie
I suppose when your husband owns half the world that it's inevitable that most of the crimes Eve investigates involve Roarke somehow. This is a good one involving substitution, spies, and betrayal.
When Reva goes searching for her cheating husband and her supposed best friend she is in a rage having just discovered their affair and she's definitely looking for revenge. Finding them in bed together isn't a surprise considering what she knows but the last thing she was expecting was for them both to have been brutally murdered. Things get even worse for her when it becomes clear that someone has set her up as the fall guy to take the wrap for the murders. Luckily Reva works for Roarke and he ...more
Janie
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favourite but still a solid instalment in this wonderful series. 3.5 stars.
Somia
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am delighted to say this series remains a gem, this is book 18 but so far, the series is not diminishing in energy or potency. I was drawn in and engaged from the get go with this one.

When her husband owns half the world, it's inevitable that most of the crimes Eve investigates involve Roarke in some way – and no truer is that than in this book. There were some major conflicts of interest here between Eve and Roarke. Again, the author does a good job of highlighting the strong personalities th
❆ Crystal ❆
4.5 stars. Eve is great! You've just got to love her no-nonsense way of being a cop. She is up against a lot in this book. I'm not a big fan on the trips down memory lane with her past. This one delved into her past more than some... and thanks Jonetta for the warning! The flash backs and the details are what gets me the most and this only had 1 scene that I was able to (and did) skim through.
I did like this one though in the fact of who/what her enemy was. Who doesn't love a good conspiracy? A
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I know I've said some of the previous books were the best of the series and i'm sure I'll say the same for the subsequent books. I just want to say that it is true, every book feels like the best one yet.

I especially loved this one, a cheating husband and his mistress killed, then throw in some political espionage and the discord between Eve and Roarke, that all made for a very interesting read.

There's just something when Eve and Roarke fight, something I have come to love. Their fights is not
Lena
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Less fun.
More complicated.

Both in the case and between Eve and Roarke. Now I’m fine with a layered murder investigation but Eve and Roarke had some issues on revenge where I was completely on Roarke’s side.

Now I understand relationships are about compromise but this story concluded in Roarke’s complete surrender. He’s highly lauded for his surrender, but not by me.

(view spoiler)
Lauren
Divided in Death
4 Stars

Roarke asks for Eve's help when one of his employees is implicated in a murder. As she investigates, the lieutenant quickly realizes that there is more going on than a simple crime of passion, and the case may be an attempt to cover up an act of cyber-terrorism that will have devastating consequences.

A good installment with some intriguing revelations and excellent character developments. Nevertheless, there is a little too much techno-babble for my tastes and it all wen

• A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Time and Again: Time Was / Times Change
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
  • Concealed in Death: by J. D. Robb -- Review
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
“Life is never as long as we want it to be, and wasted time can never be recovered.” 172 likes
“You're the love of my life. I don't care how corny that sounds. You're the start of it, and the end of it. And you're the best of it.” 97 likes