Start by marking “Clifford's Christmas” as Want to Read:
Clifford's Christmas

Clifford's Christmas

(Clifford the Big Red Dog)

Published October 1st 1984 by Cartwheel

To ask other readers questions about Clifford's Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clifford's Christmas

Jeremy
Christmas without Christ. Kate justified it by saying that it's a Clifford book. So I said that when her birthday rolled around again, we'd do fun birthday things, but just without her.
Matthew Hocker
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bridwell has done it again!

The Santa mythos has been a proud tradition of upper middle class families and financially + emotionally desperate movie goers for the last several decades. But not many recognize the deep Claus roots that dig into the deep history of humanity's more treacherous moments. In fact, Santa can be traced all the way back to Egyptian slavery, where he worked to negotiate lucrative spending packages among royalties by selling laborers and his "Jolly Sack" of pyramid blueprin
Lauren
Nov 30, 2016 added it
This book overflows with holiday fun. We follow our favorite big red dog as he celebrates Christmas time with his family. It’s the season for making snowmen, picking out a Clifford size tree, and counting down the days until Christmas. There is never a dull moment in this book.
Pre-k-1st grade
Great book for reading time
All students would benefit from this book
Not for small group
Great for whole class use
There are many Clifford books
Audio Books Available
Jade Saleem
Sep 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: community
Clifford is a fun loving, helpful, and friendly dog. He is a great example for teaching students about being a leader, taking iniative, and helping the teacher and their peers in the classroom.
Nancy
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a story about Clifford the Big Red Dog. Clifford and his boy are waiting for Santa to come. Santa lands on Clifford's huge dog house, and falls in his bowl of water, and all of his toys get wet. Santa uses his magic to make the toys new again. Cute story for those who love Clifford books.
Cindy
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, children-s
Another favorite Christmas read in my house. Clifford gets ready for Christmas & actually meets the big man himself! Clifford saves Santa after he tumbles into his oversize stocking. Love Clifford!
Kelly
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Christmas book!
Sarah Wiwchar
Dec 04, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-kids
Read with PreK. Most of them liked it but I really did not. It seemed to jump around a lot. Won't be reading it again.
Carly
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute Christmas story.
Pablo V
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melinda Christensen
I love reading Clifford books! Clifford is bigger than most dogs, even most houses! Sometimes, children feel they are bigger than their peers and become self-conscious. I was one of them, so these books would have done me a world of good as a child. Clifford was clumsy, too. He broke the ice on an ice skating pond, and brought home a tree that was too big for the house. But Clifford and his family had a wonderful Christmas anyway.
Vanessa Gomez RDG
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book starts off at the Thanksgiving parade. After that they started to get ready for Christmas. Emily Elizabeth, Clifford, and some friends build a snowman, play ice hockey, get a Christmas tree, hang a mistletoe over Clifford's house, and hang their stockings. When Santa comes, he falls in Clifford's stocking. Clifford hears him and helps Santa get out. When helping Santa, all of the presents fall in Clifford's water bowl. Clifford then offers Santa all of his presents, however Santa tells ...more
Michelle Tran
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Colby
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: animal
This is a very great and cute book that I think many children will enjoy. It is a good book to be read during the holidays. It made me laugh at certain parts, such as when Santa fell in Clifford’s huge stocking. It talks about many different activities that are done during the holidays such as skating and going to the thanksgiving parade. It also takes into account Clifford’s giant size. Such as when they are ice skating, Clifford falls through the ice and they decide that Clifford is too big to ...more
Angie
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis:"Join the big, red dog as he and Emily Elizabeth celebrate the season together. Clifford loves making snowmen, playing ice hockey, and helping out with the tree. But on Christmas Eve, when Santa accidentally drops his bag of toys into Clifford's water bowl, the dog's good heart and Santa's magic make it the best Christmas ever!"

My Review: This was a cute book to share with Munchkin for the holidays. Of course Clifford is a classic and much loved character that captures his attention. I
Julie Barrett
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Clifford Christmas by Norman Bridwell
Audio version so I am not seeing the colorful pictures.
Starts out with Emily and her dog Clifford and how they start to celebrate Christmas. It's right at Thanksgiving, they go to the parade and Clifford likes the balloons.
They go ice skating until.....He tries to help get the family a tree but it's too big for Emily's house...
A major problem when Santa tries to put presents under Clifford's tree.....
He saves the day for Santa
I received this book from Nationa
Tiana
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book written by Norman Bridwell is another story of Clifford's adventures which in this case is his Christmas he made snowmen he played ice hockey and he picked out the Christmas tree. In my opinion I really like this book because it is a enjoyable book about this dog that everyone loves. What I learned from this book is that even though something Is different from you you can still enjoy the holidays together. I feel that almost everyone should read this book because it will just uplift yo ...more
Seth
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
PB:48 Clifford's Christmas. Clifford is such a great example to young children. This is one of Cliffors'd best stories because it's about giving and there is no better way than giving during Christmas. Clifford always appeals to children and they love him because he is simply a great friend and awesome dog. Must read during the greatest Holiday of the year!
Sally
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, classic
Clifford is a great beginning reader series for kids and very enjoyable for the whole family. Who wouldn't want a huge dog that they could ride to and from school on? Spending Christmas with a big, red dog and Santa Claus would be a dream for most kids and this book lets them do just that.

2015 Book Challenge - A Book Set At Christmas
Seth Lebaron
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fluencey-reading
The Clifford series books are very simple reading. I would use this book for help students to improve their fluencey in reading. The words usually are easy one syllable words with a few bigger and new vocabulary words added here and there. Guideded reading is where i would use this book in the classroom.
Audryaunna
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quick read, a story about a big red dog named Clifford who loves hanging out with Emily Elizabeth. The story starts off with Thanksgiving and nicely flows into Christmas. Santa visits their home and lands in clifford's water dish. The presents are ruined, but true to form, Clifford saves the day by giving up his gifts.
Christina Camp
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clifford, holiday
This is a book about problem solving. Clifford books are a great resource for the classroom because Clifford is a wonderful example for students. Because there are so many books about Clifford, many children in the class could read the books.
Karen
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Probably wouldn't.
Recommended to Karen by: Logan
Yes, it's January. But evidently I didn't clear all the Christmas books off the bedroom shelves. Another fluff book that the kids love. There are Clifford books I would recommend. This isn't one of them.
Kim
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mini-me
Somebody please remind me to pack away all our Christmas-themed books some night when Mini-Me is asleep. This is a really cute story, but I could do without Christmas in the middle of our too-short summer.
Jessica
Nov 08, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrensbooks
Something about Clifford appeals to children--I suspect it is his big cheerful face.
Olivia
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is one of the original books in the Clifford series and it is definitely sillier than it's puppy days companion. It is still a good choice for dog lovers.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Ahhh the Christmas special. I think these should all be screened carefully because many Xmas installments are terrible.
Beth
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
There's nothing like reading a Christmas book in April, but that's what my daughter wanted tonight. Love Clifford. Book was easy to read and pictures were nice to look at.
Phoenix
Feb 24, 2011 rated it liked it
its clifford all time classic
PWRL
Jan 18, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
SM

• Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad (A Golden Look-Look Book)
  • Curious George Learns the Alphabet
  • The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear
  • Curious George Goes to a Movie
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • Arthur's Christmas (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Mickey's Christmas Carol: Classic Storybook
  • The Night Before the Night Before Christmas
  • Corduroy's Christmas Surprise
  • Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia
Norman Bridwell was an American author and cartoonist, best-known for the Clifford the Big Red Dog series of children's books. Bridwell attended John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, Indiana. He lived on Martha's Vineyard, MA, where he wrote an average of two books a year.

Clifford the Big Red Dog (1 - 10 of 71 books)
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • Clifford Gets a Job
  • Clifford Takes A Trip
  • Clifford's Halloween
  • Clifford's Tricks (Clifford)
  • Clifford The Small Red Puppy