Start by marking “Simple Faith” as Want to Read:
Simple Faith

Simple Faith

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  175 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Trapped in complicated Christianity? Here's permission to come out of confinement!

How did so many people wind up trapped by complicated systems of performance-based faith? Why do we push ourselves past our limits in pursuit of more works than any reasonable Pharisee would have demanded? Must we run at a pace somewhere between maddening and insane to prove we're among the f
Published August 4th 2003 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Simple Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simple Faith

Jeff Bobin
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This commentary on the Sermon on the Mount is a great read. Like everything by Swindoll it will force you to think through the Bible passage with new eyes and give you a lot to think about, reflect on and apply to your life.
Gerald Thomson
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Swindoll’s take on the Sermon on the Mount, he talks out against works and religion and focuses on loving God and others. Some real practical reminders about how we treat the poor and our Brothers and Sisters in Christ. One of his better books.
Kathy
Mar 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another good book by Jodi Picoult. This time she writes about an Amish girl who is accused of neonaticide (killing her newborn). Like Vanishiing Acts by the same author, it explores legal and moral issues within the setting of an Amish community. I learned a lot about Amish beliefs and their ways (as did the lawyer who defends her). And again, as with Vanishing Acts, this book is thought provoking. In a world of black and white, Jodi Picoult looks at the grey areas of life.
John
Dec 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
Rated: B+
Rob Hartman
Mar 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Great book breaking down the sermon on the mount.
Nike Chillemi
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Explains the reality and wonder of faith in a simple, straight forward, uncompromishing yet easy to understand way.
Valorie
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent commentary on The Sermon on the Mount.
Jeff Simms
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it
good summary of sermon on the mount
Read1000books
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
A great book on "How to live out the Sermon On The Mount".
Kim Zimmerman
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
simply ..refreshing
  • The Body
  • The Name
  • The Mark of the Christian
  • Love Has a Price Tag: Inspiring Stories That Will Open Your Heart to Life's Little Miracles
  • Cries of The Heart
  • Plain Living: A Quaker Path to Simplicity
  • I Was Just Wondering
  • Our Covenant God: Living in the Security of His Unfailing Love
  • Harry Potter and the Bible: The Menace Behind the Magick
  • Decision Making and the Will of God: A Biblical Alternative to the Traditional View
  • The Jesus Style
  • The Great House of God
  • Reflections for Ragamuffins: Daily Devotions from the Writings of Brennan Manning
Charles Swindoll has devoted over four decades to two passions: an unwavering commitment to the practical communication and application of God's Word, and an untiring devotion to seeing lives transformed by God's grace. Chuck graduated magna cum laude from Dallas Theological Seminary and has since been honored with four doctorates. For his teaching on Insight for Living, he has received the Progra ...more
More about Charles R. Swindoll...