Start by marking “Yes, Sir” as Want to Read:
Yes, Sir

Yes, Sir

A New Orleans vacation takes an interesting turn when Grayson Harper lets a friend drag him along to see a voodoo priestess for a love spell. Suddenly he's having very vivid dreams about a mystery man that seem all too real, and doing things in them he never thought possible. But what will become of the man of his dreams once he leaves the magic of the French quarter?
Published July 6th 2013 (first published October 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Yes, Sir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yes, Sir

SheReadsALot
Well...what an unexpectedly great little nugget this was!

A lot of the times, you have to sift through duds to find a decent freebie. Found a story worth the read in "Yes, Sir".

Set in New Orleans, Gray is on a much deserved vacation. He and a friend visit a voodoo priestess for love potions. Before you think the story gets lame...it didn't. Gray has these dreams of a Dom and these delicious little scenes. They feel so real he wakes up with marks.

How is this happening? Why? It doesn't really expan
Emma Sea
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, bdsm
Very short, cute, well-written freebie. Nice if you have 10 minutes to kill.
Serena Yates
Nov 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
A very hot short story with a nice paranormal twist that doesn't take over, just adds a flavor of mystery. The focus is firmly on Grayson, the extremely kinky dreams he is having and figuring out what it all means. I loved the twist and the 'explanation' (such as it was) of what went on. Perfect ending as well! Recommended if you like men who discover their submissive side and a touch of mysterious suspense.
Julio Genao
Nov 25, 2013 marked it as to-read
because the cover for brandon shire's Cold was so awesome, there was room for a whole other cover on the other side.

*flat stare*
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Overworked and a control freak, Grayson Harper is finally taking a well deserved vacation with his two high school friends. New Orleans is as good a place as any. It's a city of good food and magic. This is, if he believed in Voodoo. Scoffing, he goes at the behest of his friend.

Grayson's fortune telling with a Voodoo priestess (do they even do fortunes?) is not as expected. Immediately afterwards, his nightly dreams are filled with erotic longing with a piercing blue eyed stranger. Each phantom
Don Bradshaw
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked the way this sweet short fell together. New Orleans, voodoo, some light BDSM and a touch of the paranormal thrown in for good measure. Nicely fleshed out characters for a short story.
Lily

Very nice, and hot, freebie with an interesting premise and likable characters. I would definitely read a sequel as the ending is really the beginning of their story.
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: barb, verra-good
4 Stars
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

Woah that was a scorching hot read! It was only 34 pages, yet the author managed to inject enough life into the characters to have me totally invested and wanting to know everything about the guys. Just one complaint …. I wanted more!!

Grayson Harper is a total workaholic, his coming out was not a happy celebration in the Harper household and after graduation he has to make his own way through college. It was tough for him, and he totally dedicated hi
Viviana Izzo
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We've all heard it before "Let go of the past" or "Try something new" or "How do you know you won't like it until you try", etc. In "Yes, Sir", Grayson is a man who is always in control both in his work and personal life. Actually, he doesn't have much of a personal life because he's a workaholic. While in New Orleans on vacation with his friends a visit to a voodoo shop changes everything!

The dreams he begins to have take on a life of their own! He can't explain it. They seem so real! The heat!
Marc | Rainbow Gold Reviews
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a great short story. Usually, I think the BDSM in this book would have been too extreme for me, but since it is so short and mysterious we only got glimpses at it that focus on the pleasure, it was hot as hell. It was fun to see the hot to see the workaholic control-freak MC give all control away for once. The mysterious way the encounters come together for to guys who would have otherwise been closed-minded to the experiences gives the whole short story the feeling of a dream, a hot f ...more
Silkeeeeeereads
4.5 STICKY STARS

This short story is a deliciously sensual wet dream.  Will these two men find each other in real life or are they destined to live in each other's nightly wet dreams?

The only reason this book didn't make my five stars is that it's a short story.  I wanted so much more. These two MCs deserve a full book.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Catherine
Voodoo induced dream BDSM? Yeah, okay, I'll buy it.
Sandra
3.5 stars I enjoyed this short, it was a cute and sexy little tease. They could have made Gray a little more endearing to us with a couple fun/silly/bantery scenes with his two friends and that definitely would have made it better. The sex scenes, however, were steamy, and made up for that. I liked the magical element as well and it ended on a great HFN note. Just one complaint about Nathan (view spoiler) ...more
Aղցela W.
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a hot short quick read that I liked. Grayson Harper takes vacation to New Orleans where is friend Jerry takes him to see a voodoo priestess for a love spell. Suddenly he's having very vivid dreams about a mystery man that seem all too real. Grayson always thought he was a dominant until he finds himself submitting to the man in his dreams. This was a really good hot read M/M BDSM. This was my first time reading this author. This book was well written with no errors in grammar or spellin ...more
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
This is definitely a page turner, even if you are not into Gay romance. The story is well written and is tastefully erotic. Its unusual premise for a romance, shows creativity by the author. The characters are well developed, considering this is a short story. The ending is enticing, providing the reader with an ending that leaves the reader thinking and expanding the story with a good feeling.
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.8 Stars

I've only ever read shorter stories by EC, but I'm pleasantly surprised with how much I like them each time! If this had been consistently one POV or more evenly distributed between the two MCs POV then it would have rated slightly higher; that ONE scene by Nathan was just a little jarring to show up that far into the story for it to not be used again.
Kazza
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting read. Not long, but a little different with a touch of BDSM voodoo dream magic and a nice end.

And what a nice cover.
Daniel Kaine
Nov 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
One critism on this... TOO SHORT! God, I want more. Lots more!
Lo PutANewBookInMyKindleBabyy
Great quick read. Lots of imagination and anticipation for the two to meet. I enjoyed this while waiting for my car to get an oil change, lol. I'd recommend for light MM/BDSM readers.
Dre
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't usually like any kind of paranormal in my M/M romance/smut, but I really liked this short story. My only complaint was that it was too short.
Carey
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great short story, I was afraid at first it was going to be one of those stories where it was all a dream, but I was very happy with the ending :)
Anyta Sunday
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well written, fast paced short story. Fun and smexy, and I liked the idea--cute!
Lara
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very interesting short with a nice paranormal element. Loved the ending!
Bev
Little read about voodoo, mind games, Doms, oh and Subs who cannot believe that they are one.
Ying Yuvejwattana
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 M/M Short Stars

This one is super short (34 pages) and I think the author has done a great job with this novella. A good break between long books if you are into m/m.
Kelle
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Steamy, hot and quick read!! Would have loved even more.
Anwen Ross
Nov 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: usa
I almost gave up on page 3 of this free short story because it seemed like it would be all sex and no story, but it developed :-)

The sex is hot and there was just enough story to carry it.
Becky Condit
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Please leave comments to Becky's 5 sweet pea review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

I read the original version of Ellis Carrington’s Yes, Sir shortly after the first GayRomLit Retreat in New Orleans in 2011, so this setting was fresh on my mind. Ms Carrington has buffed up her story and what was a good short story is now a great short story.

Imagine, if you will, having very realistic dreams, night after night, of vivid sexual encounters that leave you breathless, aching, and eventua
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ Picked up for free on Amazon.

Grayson Harper is on a long overdue vacation in New Orleans with his two best friends, Jerry and Cornelia. When Cornelia is laid low with a migraine, Jerry drags Gray to a voodoo priestess for a love spell. Gray thinks it’s a waste of time, but Jerry persists until Gray gives in. However, after the visit to the so-called priestess he starts having the most vivid dreams where he submits to a yummy Dominant man. What.The.Hell?!

Oh. My. This is one delicio
Mary Lou Hoffman
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Category /Genre: M/M Erotica
Received from: Amazon purchase
Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing: A – near perfect

After being disowned by his parents for his sexual orientation, Grayson Harper put himself through school and made a success of his business. He works 16 hours days and rarely relaxes. Grayson Harper is a workaholic. Luckily, he has two life-long friends who love him enough to insist on semi-regular vacations with them. During their recent vacation to New Orleans,
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
What To Read Afte...: Reviewers requested for m/m erotic romance 10 49 Jul 17, 2013 07:19AM

• Be My Boy
  • Time to Remember
  • Keep Me
  • Falling Away
  • Simon and Sir
  • Hooch & Cake (Special Delivery, #1.5)
  • Starting Over
  • As He Watches
  • His
  • Breaking Cover
  • Lazy Valentines (Lazy Days #2)
  • Free to Fly
Ellis Carrington was born after the Christmas of 2010 when she was gifted a Kindle and discovered the gay romance category on Amazon that same day. Sometimes her heroes are human and sometimes they aren’t, because angels and vampires deserve love too. Her favorite things are great friends, great music, and books that make her forget the outside world.