Start by marking “Drippy the Peg-Legged Rainbow” as Want to Read:
Drippy the Peg-Legged Rainbow

Drippy the Peg-Legged Rainbow

(A Story For Demented Children)

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Rainbows have existed throughout the universe since shortly after its inception. Born from light and moisture, they have expanded along with galaxies and other cosmic goo. They only die from the destruction of worlds, absence of moisture or the long loss of light. Many are ancient, being nearly as old as the universe itself. Others are young, only born moments ago. All are ...more
Published September 20th 2011 by John H. Carroll

To ask other readers questions about Drippy the Peg-Legged Rainbow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drippy the Peg-Legged Rainbow

Grampy
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
“Drippy the Peg-Legged Rainbow” by John H. Carroll is sub-titled “A Story for Demented Children”, and the author is serious about that sub-title. This is a strange, bizarre story, potentially frightening to normal children. Drippy is a rainbow who had one of his “legs” stolen by a Leprechaun, who wanted to use it to somehow anchor his pot of gold. That happened in Ireland, but Drippy apparently is in North America when the story begins. He suddenly gets the idea that he could use a tree in much ...more
Chris
May 31, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
I have enjoyed a lot of the short stories of John H Carrol but this one was kind of a dud. I usually get whatever is free on Kindle and read them in situations when I don’t have an actual kindle book I am reading, and I don’t have an audio book when at work. This helps pass the time and for the most part as I have said, they are pretty good.

This one is about a sad rainbow who had one of his legs stolen by a leprechaun. In order to keep from hopping from place to place he takes over a tree as a
Teresa Garcia
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
This was a great little short story about a rainbow and his quest to get his leg back, after a leprechaun stole it to guard his pot of gold. Being someone that during her grade school years intentionally dressed up as a leprechaun for St. Paddy's day (and sometimes pulled pranks), this was right up my alley for a fun humor read.

The kids, when I read it to them during story time, broke out in giggles over Drippy mobility solution to get his leg back.
Darlene
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yvensong
Recommended to Darlene by: Kindle freebie
Not so demented as the author might like to think. This was a fun story. Wish there were pictures. I think the best part was after the story, the 'about the author' part. I really enjoyed reading about his life and wonder if dirty socks would have made better bedding for the future of dementedness. :)
Mary Ann
In my unasked for opinion this book would probably make more of an impact if it contained pictures other than the cover. As a read aloud it could even be used as a supplement in the study of rainbows, and why Ireland would have more than its share of rainbows, and of course around St. Patrick's Day.
Kayla Eklund
More like 3.5 stars. This was my least favorite story of John H. Carroll's that I've read so far. However, it was still enjoyable. I like how the author incorporates Emo bunny into everyone of his stories.
Chris
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cool idea, cool introduction. Story is too long though. It would work better if it were shorter.
Joan Reginaldo
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is how I like my men; funny, sweet, and short. Ok, not the short part. Futurehusband is taller than me.
C.
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was a little weird to me. I don't know how I feel about angry rainbows and klepto leprechauns
Tjoel2
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read on Kindle October 2012
Cheryl
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Cheryl by: Amazon-Free Kindle book
I enjoyed this silly tale of a rainbow who has to go looking for the leprechaun who stole his leg.
Kristy
Cute story! Drippy, a rather depressed rainbow, sets out in search of his missing leg that was stolen by a leprechaun. :P
Peacegal
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars --Drippy's storyline is an improvement over the frenetic pace of The Emo Bunny that Should.
carolyn sheppard
Nov 27, 2012
Casey
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
John H. Carroll was the youngest of seven children and was born in Atlanta, Georgia in 1970 where he was kept in a dresser drawer with the clean socks. Luckily, he wasn’t kept with the dirty socks or else he might have grown up to become slightly warped.

As a child, John spent most of his time wandering through the Mojave Desert in an attempt to avoid people. He would stare at the sky, imagining wh

A Story For Demented Children (6 books)
  • The Emo Bunny That Should
  • Zachary Zombie and the Lost Boy
  • Unholy Cow
  • Attack Of The Sugar Plum Fairies
  • A Collection of Stories for Demented Children
“This story is for kids who think everyone on the Disney Channel is an over-actor that should be stabbed repeatedly with sporks.” 0 likes