Start by marking “Screw Santa (Who Needs Christmas? #1)” as Want to Read:
Screw Santa (Who Needs Christmas? #1)

Screw Santa

(Who Needs Christmas? #1)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  436 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, elves, public exhibition, bondage, sex toys]

A group of twelve elves who found each other after leaving the North Pole at different times has been living together for decades. They are comfortable with their new way of life away from the Christmas atmosphere they despise. The only things missing for these s
Published December 12th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Screw Santa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Screw Santa

pbj
I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to read this book, but whatever it was, it in no way prepared me for how horrible this was.

This reads like a 12 year-old's daydream - with a bunch of public sex/kink tossed in. Joyee Flynn has finally managed to create the uber-MarySue. In her universe, Elves are immortal, telepathic, super-strong, filthy rich mind-readers with the ability to teleport, heal themselves and others, change their physical shape and size (every part - if you get my drif
Adrian Anderson
Dec 12, 2011 marked it as sick-beyond-words
Rating: -100

Once again Flynn proves that nothing is sacred and there are indeed no boundaries she and her wantonly twisted "imagination" will not cross.
P
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
2 stars

I loved the concept about elves left the North Pole,but the whole story didn't convince me as much as I'd expected.
V
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
This series is not for everyone.
If you want to read something intellectual,thoughtful and witty, I advice you to move along.
This is just a cute, simple,fun read, and if you like this Author and her kind of writing, this is for you.

Salsera1974
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm
1.5 stars. I'll round up to 2 because it's not quite a 1-star book, but it was pretty bad.

Elves. Their human mates. Constant bouts of boring sex. Stilted writing. A ridiculous plot.

Stay away. Stay far, far away. (I would say more, but I've already wasted enough time on this book simply through the act of reading it.)
Finnegan
I read this book because of the title. I expected maybe some ironic commentary on the commercialism and extreme sentimentality of Christmas. Instead I got invincible elves, weird unsexy sex, total apathy towards the MC's and a predictable storyline. I will not continue with this series, cool names or not.
Lisa
Ok, Ill admit it, these types of books are my guilty pleasures. Light fluffy incredibly sexy.
12 elves leave the North Pole because they hate Christmas. Horse is the one this book is about when he meets his mate, Bren.
Serena Yates
Oct 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
This book requires a sense of humor to like. I mean, I was interested in the concept and in seeing what can be done with elves who hate the North pole. And, yes, some of the 'features' they have are different from those of other paranormals. But I can't say they were new or interesting enough to really fascinate me.

As a form of light entertainment which makes me laugh, though? That it definitely did. The names alone are a total hoot, and at least I know that at the end of every book the next elf
Dana
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book, actually the whole series, is amazing. No it’s not “serious” dramatic romance and it doesn’t have a very complicated plot however it DID make me laugh in a time of year that is usually very difficult for me. I hate the holidays and most all Christmas books, but I love this series it’s characters are so funny and insane you can’t help but feel better after reading it.
Shannon
Who knew I had a magical elf fetish 🤤
Kimberly
Horse and his eleven friends are all elves who left the North Pole due to their hatred of Christmas. Now settled in Illinois, they spend their time gaming, going to clubs, and getting very inventive with their lovers. Then a series of coincidences bring Horse into contact with Bren Griaule, a man who tempts Horse like no other. Could Bren be his mate? And will the human detective be able to accept Horse’s dominance and supernatural nature?

Author Joyee Flynn shows she has a quirky sense of humor
adrienne
Mar 14, 2012 rated it liked it
typical joyee flynn serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical joyee flynn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
joyee flynn
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as
Ashley E
Screw Santa is a pretty fun fluff read introducing you to a world of elves, specifically a "family" of twelve who are sick and tired of everything Christmas. But when Horse (did you know that elves name themselves?) meets cop Bren Griaule after doing a good deed, things are about to change in the "Smith" household. What starts as insta-lust quickly turns into more as Horse realizes that Bren is his fated mate and tries to introduce him to the world of the supernatural. Cute, sweet, and very stea ...more
blub
Interesting idea/concept of 12 elves who have left the North Pole because of issues they have with the big man in red or just things concerning the holiday. I liked the family like setting that was present and light sometimes dirty banter between all of them. I have to say I thought there was going to be some hardcore bdsm going on (whipping, gagging, some degrading acts, etc) between Bren and Horse but there wasn't really. The whipping/beating of the poor subs in the club dealt with more bdsm t ...more
Carolyn88
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, m-m-romance
This is a series of 12 elves who have left the North Pole to live in the human world. Each book tells about each elf finding their "mate". It is a wonderful series. I am writting this review after I have finished all 12 books. I was able to read a book each night when I went to bed. I usually read for about 5 hours after I go to bed. I love this author. I think I am about the finish all the books that she has written. Once you read one of her books you will pretty much know how the book will flo ...more
Tina
Dec 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Six sentences into this book had me laughing out loud.

What an interesting concept for a series. Twelve elves leave the North Pole at different times to end up forming their own family when they slowly find each other. What do they have in common, well...they are all short, gorgeous, immortal, magical, un-mated, gay and TOPS! Oh and don't get me started on their names.

I enjoy this story and I'm looking forward to the next 11.
Janelle
I thought this was a good start to a fun series. It was just enough to keep me wanting more. I am not one for extreme kink so this play right into what I love. Joyee never seems to disappoint me. I love her books and this series will be one I will read again and again even if it isn't Christmas time. Just the story behind it makes it worth the read.
Maya
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, joyee-flynn
I've read the reviews on this book and I guess to each their own but really this book had it all. While I agree that the D/s wasn't all that real, I don't think that it had any effect on the actual story.

I liked it :)
Sair
Dec 19, 2011 rated it liked it
easy 3.75 stars

I love a bit of fun
reminded me of a jet mykles quirky story

I was reluctant to start these and now I want to read the whole series and they are ot all out yet
I don't know how patient I am.
Pamela Su
Um.

This was a pretty amusing and utterly ridiculous story of refugee elves. Okay, they're not on the run. They just don't want to work for Santa like all the othe straight elves do.

I should hate this story, but it turns out that I can enjoy trashy romance.
Heather
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heather by: Lois - Who Reads
Shelves: mobi, ebook
I love these quick-fluffy-funky-dunky weird as all get out stories.

The BDSM element was a funky twist, nothing like elves from the North Pole going all toppy!
:shrugs: I liked it. But I like Man Love pocket stories like this.
Serena

Dear Santa.....

What a hoot!!!
Tammera
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story and although short it was so full and I can't wait to get into the rest of this series!
Tj
Dec 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
This is a light hearted read. Is it realistic...no. This isn't that kind of read. It's just a fun one. I had fun reading it.
Susu
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great story. Love the characters already. Absolutely can not wait for the rest of the series!!!
Ter
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
2.1, parts were good. not sure if this series is for me.
the term mate/my mate is used over 100 times, gets a little repetitive and this author really really really likes public exhibition scenes.
Vikiniki2
Apr 07, 2014
Ross
Apr 11, 2013
  • Crank's Craving (Lady Blue Crew #6)
  • Hondo (Demon Warriors #1)
  • Shades of Black (Fatefully Yours #5)
  • Secret Santa Surprise
  • A Shifter Christmas (Lost Shifters #8)
  • A Prideless Man (Supernatural Mates #3)
Also writes under Flynn Eire

Who Needs Christmas? (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Hell's Bells (Who Needs Christmas? #2)
  • Stupid Mistletoe (Who Needs Christmas? #3)
  • Holy Stockings (Who Needs Christmas? #4)
  • Down With The Tunes (Who Needs Christmas? #5)
  • Frosty Melt (Who Needs Christmas? #6)
  • Shove Your Tree (Who Needs Christmas? #7)
  • Stripe My Pole (Who Needs Christmas? #8)
  • Bite My Cookies (Who Needs Christmas? #9)
  • Flush The Twinkles (Who Needs Christmas? #10)
  • Hanging Antlers (Who Needs Christmas? #11)