Start by marking “My Lord Roland” as Want to Read:
My Lord Roland

My Lord Roland

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Lady Marguerite Montcrief finds herself forced by circumstance into a marriage with the dangerous Sir Roland of Guimont—courtier, rake, and some whisper, his brother's murderer. As she falls hopelessly in love with her husband, she must learn the identity of Roland's brother's killer so that she might be spared the same fate at the same hands.

Originally published as For Lo
Published September 2011 by Julie Tetel Andresen (first published May 1985)

To ask other readers questions about My Lord Roland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lord Roland

Frances
Dec 06, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medieval
If one wants to read 484 pages of how a keep was managed by the lady in charge, this is the book for you. I have not been numbed by so much detail since I read James Fenimore Cooper almost 50 years ago.
Sue Lyndon
Oct 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was looking for a new book for my Kindle, and My Lord Roland was one of my Amazon ‘suggestions’, so I figured I’d give it a try because it had good reviews and was priced at only .99. I’m so glad I read this book, it was great! The story’s heroine, Marguerite, is naïve at times, but she’s also very strong and resourceful. The hero, Roland, is so enigmatic that I’ll admit I couldn’t put the book down because I was constantly on edge about his next encounter with Marguerite. Marguerite knows lit ...more
Angela
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
8/10/12: I can't believe how affected I was by this book. I'm very stingy with my 5 stars, but I have to give them to this book because it's haunted me for 2 days. It made me think & feel so much, & I sympathized with Marguerite a lot. There were several flaws in the book, not least of which was her over abundance of exclamation marks, but these were easily overlooked in light of how intrigued I was. It reminded me of a medieval gothic romance, or maybe a Jane Eyre; it had that feeling o ...more
Solange
Dec 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This is the first time I do not finish a book but I simply could not go on with this one. First and most important is the fact that this is written at the first person so basically it means reading what the heroine thinks and it has too much details I simply could not care about…it looked like a good story but I simply could not get to it .. I made it to about 25% of the book and sadly I could not take it anymore.
Susan
Very well written historical romance. Historically accurate unlike so many of this genre. I have read this book repeatedly and am always struck at the author's integrity in HISTORICAL accuracy. Bravo!
Reenie
Apr 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it but not my favorite romance- the characters did not really make me care that much about them. Also, author needs to stop using !!!!. I noticed this another book I read by her, every sentance has an exclamation point.
Michele
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story. It is a great read with enough mystery to keep the pages turning.
Rebecca Huston
It's been years since I've read this one, but I remember it as great fun, and actually, full of little historical tidbits. Good for when you need something a bit lighter.
Hafiza
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Gothic romance in a Medievel setting
Cathy Dahl
Jul 29, 2012
valerie
Jul 12, 2012
Phyllis
rated it did not like it
May 04, 2015
Ji
Aug 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Also known as Julie Tetel and Julia Joyce

Julie Tetel Andresen has always loved history, travel and foreign languages. She has lived for extended periods in Germany, France, Romania and Vietnam. When she is not out of the country, she can be found in Durham, North Carolina or Orlando, Florida, as well as New York City.

She grew up with a passion for playing the piano. As an adult she transferred tha