Start by marking “The Gingerbread Dungeon” as Want to Read:
The Gingerbread Dungeon

The Gingerbread Dungeon

3.24  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Not all storybook romances begin with once upon a time, and some people want to be kinky ever after.

The Gingerbread Dungeon collects the stories of a group of fairy tale characters who don't want to be rescued from the dungeon; they want to be ravished there.

In "Sensitive," a prince would do anything to avoid marriage until he meets a princess with tender skin and dark de
Published July 19th 2011 by LazyDay Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Gingerbread Dungeon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gingerbread Dungeon

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! This is a solid 4.5 star book. I'm going to have to look up this author for more of her erotic books. I really liked this book. I didn't give it a 5 star because these are all reinterpretations of existing stories in the sense that they are fairy-tales retold. These naughty stories had me aroused. We are treated with some nice maledom with the Princess and the Pea. Lovely f/f and bondage with Rapunzel. Leather Daddy and leather family with Goldilocks and the three bears. Del ...more
carol
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this anthology of stories based on the children's fairytales of my past now cleverly brought to life by Elizabeth Thorne and upgraded to BDSM erotic fairytales most definitely for adults.
Who couldn't smile at Goldilocks and the Three Bears, now an all male Bear family where each man has his familial role and despite their gay relationship along comes Goldie to play!
Boots no Puss as I recall but a dominatrix who knows how to handle her Miller's son...and a Princess of same ilk means the
Michael Dunellen
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Sensitive - I liked this one although if it weren't a fairy tale I would question whether going to a private room to be whipped by someone you just met was a good idea.

Upbraided - I felt bad for the first prince. And frankly our heroine just wasn't particular likable.

Discipline - It was okay but not really my thing.

Boots - It seemed like a pretty impossible task but she made it all come together. Definitely the best of the 4.

Becca
This was a very creative and very erotic retelling of four fairy tales. I really enjoyed the author's writing style and tone - it worked very well in these short stories. It is quite short, but still well worth reading if you enjoy erotic fairy tales. The Gingerbread Dungeon was definitely one of the better books in this genre.

The stories are as follows:

Sensitive is a version of Princess and the Pea and easily my favorite of the four. I particularly liked the very clever way the princess passed
Rebecca
Jan 19, 2017 added it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Found this totally by accident and read it because of the f/f Rapunzel.

Disclaimer: I didn't actually read this novella very closely (in fact, I skipped most of the descriptions of sex) because I don't like overly lusty or graphic descriptions of sex. I'm a sex-repulsed asexual so I'm a bit put off when there's too detailed descriptions of bodily fluids.

Anyway. I actually enjoyed this novella quite a lot! Not for the sex, but for the gender dynamics that the author captures. The writing style is
mlady_rebecca
Four shorts replicating the fairy tales of:

1. "The Princess and the Pea", who tossed and turned not from the pea, but from the aftereffects of a flogging from the prince.

2. "Rapunzel", who's now a lesbian with a taste for bondage games.

3. "Goldilocks and the Three Bears", which involves a female submissive and three gay "bears". (Human "bears".)

4. Ummm... Not sure I recall what story that one played off of.

For me, they were of declining interest. The first was kind of interesting, the second kin
Shelby
Four different [kinky] takes on well-known fairy tales. My rating was an average of the short stories. Sensitive was a great start to the book and based on the Princess and the Pea. (4 stars) Upbraided was a take on Repunzel. It was cute, but I'm not a huge fan on of f/f (2 stars). Discipline (Goldilocks & 3 Bears) was HOT! a little menage action and LOT of Domination/submission. (5 stars) Boots was, to date, my favorite take on Cinderella-I dont want to give any of it away(but it does conta ...more
Naga Di Kandang
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
This is a collection of a few short stories / novelettes with kinky versions of classic fairy tales. I was particularly fond of the take on The Princess and the Pea -- though Rapunzel's hair bondage pushed a few of my buttons, too.
Christa Watkins
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reading-in-2013
This collection of four risque retellings was a lot of fun! I've had the book for over a year, but... so many books, so little time. I think many readers can relate. But I'm glad this one didn't get completely lost in the shuffle. It was a perfect salve for my post-Valentine's grouchiness.
Veronica~Nhaughty
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Veronica~Nhaughty by: Dyllan aka ~Whycked Mhystresxs~
Wow! This is a kink fest of naughty fairy tales! Whatever your fetish may be, you are sure to find something here to make you wanna clutch your naughty parts! Highly recommend if you enjoy your stories on the verra hawt side ;)
★Ruth★
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
This is quick & naughty. And FREE always a bonus. Not for the faint hearted and please do not expect any romance....at all. It's very much wham bam thank you mam. But if that's what your after then this is perfect for you.
Salena
Nov 30, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I liked the 1st and 3rd story and kinda wished they were longer. Dunno if I will ever re-read these, but they were a fun little diversion. Smexy BDSM candy.
Giddyup
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, short-reads
This was a 3.5 star. It was an interesting, kinky, and creative take on four fairy tales.
Scubasubiker
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Several short stories with great Bdsm and erotic twists! Loved it
Dee Wy
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This collection of four BDSM shorts are based on fairy tales and really rather cute. Enjoyed it!
Melania Ramona
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was... interesting.
Kana
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Summary
Book Club December 2012 Read: BDSM
Ms
Jan 30, 2013
Cheryll
Dec 19, 2012
Corey Kervin
rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Private Investigations
  • A Game of Dress-Up
  • The Whore (Wasteland, #2)
  • The Trip
  • The Submissive Bride
  • Submitting To The Boss (West Coast #2)
  • Twice the Touch (Touch, #2)
  • The Wanderer (Wasteland, #1)
  • Secret Submission (Journey to Submission, #1)
  • The Ultimate Kink (Quinn Security, #2)
  • The River Within
  • If It Flies (Market Garden, #3)
  • Unbridled
  • His Deep Submission
  • Jinxed
  • Mr. Smith's Whip (Taboo Wishes, #4)
  • Inescapable