Start by marking “In My Father's House: Finding Your Heart's True Home” as Want to Read:
In My Father's House: Finding Your Heart's True Home

In My Father's House: Finding Your Heart's True Home

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
We need to get to know God as Father and relate to Him as a blessed child. However, our relationship with our earthly father positively or negatively impacts how we relate to Father God. Mary Kassian encourages women to clear barriers hindering them from seeing their loving Heavenly Father, basing their relationship with God on the truth of who He is rather than falsehoods ...more
Published May 1st 2005 by B Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about In My Father's House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In My Father's House

Anna
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it
I read this book along with a Bible-study workbook with a friend. Though the study wasn't anything mind-blowing, it offered really good food for thought and some solid encouragement about how the Lord relates to us as Father. I probably won't re-read it but it definitely helped me work through some ideas about where I've come from and where I am now.

Josie
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
If you have a complicated relationship with your earthly father you have a hard time relating to the Lord. This is a helpful book for that, but it isn't easy.
Elise
Aug 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is an outstanding book about how much our heavenly Father loves us! It enables us to see some preconceived ideas that we have inadvertently believed about God and how that has affected our view of the Father. I think it is a 'must read'...especially for women as we tend to be more easily deceived by the enemy than men.
Lorene Cobb
This was a short Bible study filled with familiar scripture. Interested in a peek into the the care and love of your Heavenly Father and reconcile issues with your earthly father. This is an intro into the faithfulness of God's love for you. Good for someone who hasn't spent time in this area of their heart.
Nicole
Jan 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Learning about healing from an absentee father.
Eileen
Dec 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Everyone should read this as only God is the perfect Father and we are created to fellowship with Him
Wendy C
KE Dean
Jan 25, 2016
Sara Ludwick
Jan 28, 2016
Mary Kassian is an award winning author, popular speaker, and a distinguished professor of women’s studies at Southern Baptist Seminary. She has published several books, Bible studies and videos, including: Girls Gone Wise, In My Father’s House: Finding Your Heart’s True Home, Conversation Peace, Vertically Inclined, and the Feminist Mistake.

Mary graduated from the faculty of Rehabilitation Medici
“The sons of God are Jews, Greeks, and Gentiles; black and white; despised and respected; rich and poor; tall and short; men and women. All the features that externally define us are inconsequential when it comes to salvation, for Jesus brings “many sons to glory” (Heb. 2:10).” 3 likes
“Many people, inside as well as outside the church, no longer believe in the fatherhood of God. Skeptical, hostile feelings toward men have translated into skeptical, hostile feelings toward the God who images himself as Father.” 0 likes