Start by marking “Hide and Seek (The Lying Game, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hide and Seek (The Lying Game, #4)

Hide and Seek

(The Lying Game #4)

MY FRIENDS AND I USED TO PLAY LYING GAMES.

NOW MY TWIN SISTER IS LIVING ONE.

When I was alive, my family seemed picture-perfect. My adoptive parents adored me, and my little sister, Laurel, copied my every move. But now that my long-lost twin, Emma, has taken my place to solve my murder, we’re both learning just how flawed my family really is.

Laurel is shooting Emma nasty lo
Hardcover, First Edition, 288 pages
Published July 31st 2012 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hide and Seek, please sign up.
Mackinzie There used to be but after about the second season they cancelled it out of nowhere.:( I miss it a lot
sacred oasis I don't think so. I am on book #5 Cross my heart, hope to die. Emma tells Ethan she feels like Sutton is with her, watching her. Once in the shower lo…moreI don't think so. I am on book #5 Cross my heart, hope to die. Emma tells Ethan she feels like Sutton is with her, watching her. Once in the shower looking at her reflection in the mirror she pretended Sutton was staring at her and she called for her saying, 'I need you, Sutton. Tell me what to do.' Except this, I don't think she could have talked to Sutton without being dead herself.(less)
YA Novels of 2012
1,319 books — 10,677 voters
Insurgent by Veronica RothPandemonium by Lauren OliverCinder by Marissa MeyerHide and Seek by Sara ShepardTwo Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard
2012 Must Reads
119 books — 98 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Hide and Seek (The Lying Game, #4)
hayden
You know what, guys?

I don't care.

I don't care if Sara Shepard is a money-hungry, greedy cash cow from hell.

I don't care if she's hell-bent on making millions of dollars on each book.

I just don't care.

Hide and Seek is the best book in the Lying Game series. And, while I admit Two Truths and a Lie was a filler and didn't deserve to see the light of day, this one was so amazing.

Everything you thought you knew about the twins? Yeah. Throw that out the window. Hide and Seek makes up down and down up
Danielle
Aug 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
OK, is anyone else tired of the whole set up of these books? Emma comes up with a new "suspect" in Sutton's murder based on VERY flimsy evidence. Instead of thinking through other options of what this "evidence" might mean, she immediately jumps to "murderer" and uses no critical thinking to come up with alternate plausible explanations. Emma then follows this "evidence" and other clues throughout the book only to find out in the end that -OH MY GOSH I DIDN'T SEE IT COMING- they are NOT Sutton's ...more
Courtney Amber Hill
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kate
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
Hide and Seek, The Lying Game #4

okay so, this book was amazing, this series is just amazing.
I literally could not put this book down without forcing myself too.
It was constantly suspenseful, never ever a dull moment.
It kept me on my toes the whole entire book, my heart was literally pounding throughout most of it, and it was really scary at times, especially because i was reading it so late at night! haha

I just ordered the last two books in this series online, and i hope they come in soon :(
Ca
Webiny
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
(POST-READING REVIEW)
This was a terrific installment to what has become a respectable mystery series. Largely unlike the last book, Hide and Seek made me feel all the right emotions right on cue. Possibly not as exciting as the first two books, it still made a big jump in telling the story of the night Sutton died. I have now totally re-though Sutton's death and it may not be quite as diabolical as we all thought.

What more can I say without spoiling it? There were quite a few dramatic surprises,
Demi
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012, 3-stars
Lucka
Find out it's impossible to write this a review. Maybe if I re-read it someday...?

Little preview:

There's something on the story makes me read one book by one. Basically, it's the desire to find out who's the killer. Immediately after the start, I stopped over Emma's behavior. I mean come on. It has to be hard to know there's killer, but Emma, try to clarify the facts first before you start acting like a hysterical bitch.

Emma first half of the book:

She imagined Laurel banging racket to Sutton'
Isabella
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
4.5 stars because this book is dearly the best one so far.

Ever since the first book I haven't trusted Ethan. I want to like him. Sorry I do like him but I have this gut feeling that he killed sutton and I hope I'm wrong.
Alec John
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
That was a twist I did NOT see coming.
❤Marie Gentilcore
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, 2019, e-book
Another fun read in Sara Shepard’s Lying Game series. I’m getting closer to Book #6, can’t wait to find out who killed Sutton.
Janelle Dazzlepants
Nicole
2.5 Rating

[image error]Tired/>

Overall:
I'm so tired of The Lying Games series. I'm not even kidding. I used to love this book series so much, but now I'm sick of it. The characters are getting crummy and the plot is going nowhere. At the pace the series is going, we won't find out who the killer is until book twenty! (Even though the big arrow is pointing at Ethan..just saying!) I feel Sara Shepard is going overboard with the books. I can sort of forgive her with the Pretty Little Liars series, howe
Noémy
Nov 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Just like with the others in the series, I breezed through this book : the storyline is just so addicting; the mystery's growing and the little twist at the end just made the whole plot that much more captivating and intense. I personnally didn't see it coming and I have to say I really like where Sara Shepard's going with it. I am a little disappointed that we'll only get the conclusion of Emma's and Sutton's 'adventures' next year and that we'll have to wait for two more books to come out to f ...more
Aurora
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
I mean, the writing is great and all but the books are starting to all feel the same. The whole time I'm just like "Okay, but all the evidence pointing towards [current main suspect] is totally flimsy and overblown. Emma's just misinterpreting everything."
And then in the end of the book, I'm right.
(But I'm 4 books deep now and I can't stop so whatever.)
Marie
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the lying game it is such a great book read it
Nikki
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice, quick read. Keeps you on the edge of your seat, but it raises so much questions just as the Pretty Little Liar books did. And that's annoying.
Kayleigh
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

I read Hide and Seek in August of 2012, so I’m not going to review. I’m just adding books to my read shelf that never made it there when I first read them (thanks, child Kayleigh, for deciding to keep a list of all the books you’ve read, their dates, and their rating since early 2007).
AtenRa
Pros Quick, summer read

Cons I think this series has crossed over to boring territory. In fact not only boring, but kinda bad as well. I am sick and tired of all the accusations, which you know by the end of the book are gonna be proven wrong, and for the author to try to convince you they won't, is futile. I don't like the way Emma treats people she thinks killed her sister and then when she finds out they didn't (duh) she's like "Oh. Really? In retrospect, I had no evidence whatsoever, even tho
MaryBeth Beival
Apr 09, 2012 rated it did not like it

This is the very last book that I will read in this series. There is no way that it takes more than 4 books to solve a murder mystery! I am sorry I ever wasted time on this series. Don't waste your time........there are way better books that have much better story lines.
Duanur
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I decided to finally finish this series. They are so fun and quick to read. I need to read something like this right now and I want to know what happens at the end.

D.M. Omar
Apr 03, 2012 marked it as to-read-series
Excited that this is the last book in the series. I love this series and can't wait to see how this book ends it. Sigh just three and a half more months to go.
Luke
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As suspensy as the first three. I enjoyed this so.... There was a nice twist during and at the end of this Hide and Seek. Can't wait for the next one.
Lisa Siefert
Aug 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
It's official - I fell for it again. Nothing happened and we still don't know the killer. This wouldn't be so annoying if she cranked out these books that go nowhere a little faster.
Lazar
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sara-shepard
It was better than the previous book.It was really fast and suspenseful.I can't wait to read the next one !!!
Mia Tsai
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Still can't believe what happened in this booko_o”
Evey
Slightly better than the previous one, but still with the same issues, more or less. Another typical Shepard book.
Mish
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I AM GETTING TIRED OF THIS SERIES!! BUT I AM STILL HOOKED SO I JUST CONTINUE READING.
Meagan
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sum it up to: Holy shit, now that's a twist!
Ellen
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read this one- hope its the last, and we find out who killed Sutton!!
Cytrina Ogle
Who do you think killed Sutton? 20 105 Jul 11, 2014 06:44PM
I don't understand... 1 14 Jul 11, 2014 06:40PM
theory that ethan is the killer 19 170 May 31, 2013 06:31AM
Could Sutton actually be in a coma? 21 80 May 31, 2013 04:14AM

• Teufelsengel (Romy Berner, #1)
  • Get Even (Don't Get Mad, #1)
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • The Chosen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #3)
  • Adorkable
  • Get Dirty (Don't Get Mad, #2)
  • ME BEFORE YOU
  • Dann bin ich eben weg
  • Wie ich in High Heels durch die Zeit stolperte
  • Rooming With Ash
  • Schneewittchenfalle
  • They All Fall Down
  • Etched in Clay: The Life of Dave, Enslaved Potter and Poet
  • Der schönste Ort der Welt
  • Max and Finn (Men of Smithfield #2)
  • Fearless
  • The Stolen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #2)
  • The Wake Trilogy (Wake #1-3)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.

The Lying Game (6 books)
  • The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1)
  • Never Have I Ever (The Lying Game, #2)
  • Two Truths and a Lie (The Lying Game, #3)
  • Cross My Heart, Hope to Die (The Lying Game, #5)
  • Seven Minutes in Heaven (The Lying Game, #6)