Start by marking “Phantom Eyes (Witch Eyes, #3)” as Want to Read:
Phantom Eyes (Witch Eyes, #3)

Phantom Eyes (Witch Eyes #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  424 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Every child in Belle Dam is taught about the feud from an early age. There are ‘our’ people and ‘their’ people. Friends and enemies. Associates and strangers. It’s the kind of town where eyes are always watching, and you don’t need a reason to sell out your neighbors.

But the feud is a lie. As a new wave of fury sweeps through the town, creating a third front to an already
Published October 8th 2013 by Flux (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Phantom Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phantom Eyes

Micah
The end is here...and while Phantom Eyes has quite a few stumbles & annoyances this book promises you an epic conclusion....DETAILED REVIEW BELOW

I read Book 1 and 2 earlier in this year and the wait for the final book was nearly unbearable but I read it in 4 hours of it's release!

I absolutely love the character of Braden & the mythology of the world. But I do feel as if the trilogy did lose a lot of it's fire in this book....and overall it makes me look back at the issues the trilogy as
Dennis
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars... for this book at least. The whole series is a 5***** star series.

The series about this gay teenage boy, who is dragged into a magic feud, falls in love and struggles to find his own path, is great. The main character can be annoying from time to time and you want to scream at him "OMG just do something about it and stop to wail". But I guess that's kind of the development you have to observe here.
The story is great and there are many twists and turns, which keeps you wonderi
Julesmarie
My favorite of the series. It did such a great job wrapping everything up that it almost makes me want to raise my ratings for the earlier books.

Definitely a unique paranormal world.

Favorite Quote:
but it would be okay. This was a destiny I'd chosen for myself.
Casia Courtier
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this trilogy. Scott Tracey weaves a formulated story into his own mythos. Described as a Romeo and Juliet story, the WITCH EYES trilogy is set in a town in Washington state. The rain isn't the only thing in this sleepy town. There are witches, demons, 100+ year old crazy ladies, and on top of that a feud that threatens the relationships of Braden's friends amongst themselves and his own relationship with Trey.

We first meet Braden in Scott Tracey's WITCH EYES and again in DEMON EYES. It is
Hattie Parker
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Satisfying conclusion to the series!! Really great to see Braden's character arc and the open ending showed the possibilities of where else he and the characters could go! Great climax to the showdown with Grace and Lucien and all the characters coming together at the end was nice. Very happy with this series and where all the characters have been left. Still slightly rushed but didn't detract too much from my enjoyment of everything.
Joseph
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer
Dinara Tengri
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: novels
Okay, it's the last one in the series. Or is it?

I'm not really sure what happened with Phantom Eyes, but here is where this series lost me. Or maybe I just got lost within this book's many spells, rules and in-universe logic. Where the first book managed to set up a strong world and tell the beginning of a very captivating story, it's the second book that really lived up to this series' potential; it explored the characters and the many complicated rules and traditions of this world. The story
Gregory Angeloff
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Braden as a character throughout the series, which was a big plus. Certainly one of the most enjoyable gay characters I have read. Braden is a snarky, emotional teenager that feels real. He's not the "not like other girls" YA star, he is a fully realized gay character - just because his romance is annoying doesn't mean it doesn't feel real. You just wanna slap him :)

Unfortunately this, this is the biggest plus. The rest of the story is a bit of a mess and could have used another
Elenenca
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Durante tutta la trilogia ci sono state parti che non mi hanno molto convinto - nello specifico, la caratterizzazione di Trey, uno dei protagonisti principali e il fatto che, fin troppo spesso, non si capiva dove il protagonista volesse andare a parare con i suoi pensieri. Non che fossero confusi - arrivava a determinate conclusioni, e a noi lettori non era dato conoscere per alcuni capitoli. Come ricorso narrativo può funzionare, ma non se se ne abusa come ritengo abbia fatto l'autore.
Nonostant
O.R.
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, love
I am giving it 5 stars but it probably deserves 4 instead, but there was way more good against a few bad things to make me drop the average rating.

It's been awhile since I read a trilogy where the plot was not taken over by romance. I absolutely loved Braden x Trey relationship, and half of my love is because the relationship was subtle and sincere, not obsession where you sigh because there is no plot, just two people being capable of only lusting one for another.

The plot was great - it was i
Lukas (LukeLaneReads)
The end to a unique, yet overall confusing trilogy.

First off, I'd like to say that this is more of a review of the series as a whole.

The 'Witch Eyes' series is unique in the fact that it is one of the very few paranormal YA books that has a gay protagonist. The gay aspect of the book isn't the sole reason for it existing, and the author tries to weave a good amount of mythology to make this into an semi-epic tale of good vs. evil in a small town. Sadly though, I think too much mythology and id
Stephanie
Oct 24, 2011 rated it liked it
The Witch Eye series is definitely one that is original and different from your typical story with magic, romance and violence. It wasn’t what I had expected but that being said, it didn’t exactly disappoint either.

The one main thing that I enjoyed about this book was how the main character, Braden, is gay and is in love with Trey, the son of his father’s rival and long time enemy, Catherine. To be perfectly honest, it threw me off guard when I first found out about his sexual orientation mainly
Liviania
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It seems like witches are having a moment in YA, becoming the next hot new thing. But trends always start with a groundswell, which is why you should pick up Scott Tracey's Witch Eyes trilogy. The final book, PHANTOM EYES, is now out and brings everything to an insane fever pitch conclusion. You can get all sorts of witchy goodness and there's zero delayed gratification! (I cannot be the only one who hates waiting for the next book in a series to come out.)

Braden is in bad shape. The events of D
Adriana C
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I've been waiting this book impatiently, I loved the previous book - Demon Eyes and I couldnt wait to know what would happen with Braden, because at the end of the previous book he swears revenge against her boyfriend/ex -boyfriend 's mother .... so I needed to know what was going to happen in this book, because this is the conclusion of the Witch Eyes trilogy.

I really liked seeing the relationship between Braden and his father improves and he and Jason although they dont have a parent-son relat
Chiara
I didn't like Phantom Eyes as much as I liked the second book in the series, Demon Eyes. I felt like Braden was a bit annoying at times, especially how convinced he was that he had to hide things from everyone, and keep so many things to himself.

There were some great moments, though. There were some huge twists that I hadn't been expecting, and that added a nice touch of surprise to the book. Even though Braden struggled a lot with his relationship with Trey, there were some lovely moments betwe
Thibaut Nicodème
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Full review and recap on my blog, the Snark Theater.

Phantom Eyes concludes the series quite perfectly. Just like the second book, Demon Eyes built on the base laid by Witch Eyes and improved, this one improved as well.

The romantic subplot actually went back to a more natural flow, and while there were still subplots piling up, they weren't as numerous, or as disconnected, as they used to be. And the main characters all reached the end of their arc.

The overall plot was very nicely put together, d
Jesse Aubrey
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Tara
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Michael
Oct 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay-themed
I enjoyed this trilogy. Braden is an interesting character that continued to surprise me. Many of the other characters were deep and rich as well. The plot was complicated, with many players on the board moving at any given time. I felt that the third installment wasn't as tight and as clear as the first two books though. There were also many type-o mistakes that led me to believe this one was a bit rushed. I liked the complicated way in which Braden's love affair with Trey grew slowly over the ...more
Daphne
So much happened in this book that it was kind of hard to keep track of everything. I feel like there were a few missed chances to develop certain characters more (Jade, Riley and Drew) and I still don't really feel the chemistry between Braden and Trey but the ending was amazing and wrapped everything up. I loved Braden as a character so much, he's flawed and realistic and still really likable.
I have some mixed feelings about this book but because I loved the series overall and the ending was
Abi Walton
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt
Thos book was really good like all of the witch eye series and definitely deserves 5 stars. HOwever i was disappointed with the end for through the last 2 books Tracy has led us to believe there was going to be an epic finish a sacrifice which needs to be given and although Brandon does have to pay a price i feel the ending could have been a little more dramatic.

but still loved the characters and the relationship Brandon has with his family and friends
Mikey Smith jr.
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
It is a perfect ending to the series but still leaves you wanting more. Brendan came from the abyss of sadness to triumphant savior. I loved everything about Phantom Eyes. It ended the series in a way that it started.
Damian Brzeszczyński
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, witches
The third book of the series was, in my opinion, a bit worse than the previous two. Too many visions, too little romance and this weird feeling like the author was rushing to meet his deadline. But... maybe that's just me :)
Overall, I really liked "Witch Eyes" as a series :)
Tamarrion Lash
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Отличное завершение серии. Автор все очень аккуратненько подобрал и всем сестрам выдал что положено. ХЭ не совсем хэппи, но очень-очень правильный.
Kim Heimbuch
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review coming after posted at its original source.
Tem
It's good. Really good. I just doesn't feel like it's as good as the firs two books. The ending is fine, but not too satisfying. It is still one of my favorite series though.
LOL_BOOKS
MASH-UP OF WITCH URBAN FANTASY, ROMEO & JULIET, AND GAY TEEN ROMANCE
Olivia
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
That was certainly a whirlwind of a read. I like how it all came together in the end.
Brittany Perry
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Epic ending to a really good trilogy. I loved how different this book was. They flowed together very well and the characters are really diverse so it was a lot of fun to read.
Me, My Shelf and I
WIN a FULL SIGNED SET of The Witch Eyes Trilogy!
(ends October 16t, 2013)
  • Vintage: A Ghost Story
  • Lending Light (Gives Light #5)
  • The Sowing (The Torch Keeper, #2)
  • Someone Is Killing the Gay Boys of Verona
  • Dreams (Dreams of Fire and Gods, #1)
  • Distant Rumblings (Lords of Arcadia, #1)
  • Community Service (Broken Mirrors, #3)
  • Origin of Darkness (Daeva, #2)
  • Infected: Life After Death (Infected, #3)
  • Haffling (Haffling #1)
  • Skin (The Ark Trilogy, #1)
  • Gabriel's City: A Tale of Fables and Fortunes
  • The Vesuvius Club Graphic Novel (Lucifer Box,#1)
  • The Wizard & The Werewolf (Mixed Mates, #1)
  • Triane's Son Rising
Scott wrote his autobiography at age six, and its all been downhill since then. He traveled the country on a Greyhound for a month, devoted a semester of school to starting a series of urban legends, and spent five years perfecting how to say "would you like fries with that" for a short story. Or so he claims.

If you would like to get in touch with me, please go here to my website. I cannot guarant
More about Scott Tracey

Witch Eyes (3 books)
  • Witch Eyes (Witch Eyes, #1)
  • Demon Eyes (Witch Eyes, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“As parting gifts went, it defied understanding. When a guy gave someone their letter jacket, it had a meaning. But what did a blue henley imply? Was it a promise to go steady at the local Old Navy?” 0 likes