Start by marking “Don't You Forget About Me” as Want to Read:
Don't You Forget About Me

Don't You Forget About Me

(Pam of Babylon #2)

Kirkus Review
After a wealthy man of high reputation suffers a heart attack and dies, three women are left to grapple with
the aftermath of his death and the twisted details of their past in this riveting fiction novel.
The story, a continuation of Jenkins’ Pam of Babylon (2011), sets out to explore the life and grief of the
wife, the sister-in-law and the mistress of Jack, th
Paperback, First, 338 pages
Published December 29th 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Don't You Forget About Me, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
2 of 5 stars

The second in the Babylon series, DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME takes up where PAM OF BABYLON left off. Jack has left three women he was sleeping with when he died several months earlier, his wife Pam, pregnant lover Sandra, and sister-in-law Marie (not to mention a homicidal brother.) He's left the women with something else too HIV.
Unlike POB, this sequel has turned Marie into a stereotypical caricature of spoiled, selfish raving lunatic. Pam isn't written much better, she's shallow, ye
Jenny
Jan 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
I am just over halfway through this book, and it is terrible. I keep reading on in hopes that it will redeem itself, but every time I think it can't possibly get any worse, it ups the ante.

There is absolutely NO character development -- everyone's thoughts, words and actions are all over the place with no apparent reason or explanation. Then there are the characters' relationships. Those are more ridiculous than I can describe with my limited vocabulary. They almost make me think this book shou
Rocky
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads.

Suzanne Jenkins gets a four star rating for the simple fact that her book is filled with numerous characters; none of which I cared for in the least bit. I am a pretty empathetic person, so this is pretty amazing in my reading world.

Don't You Forget About Me is a story of three women who are somehow functioning day to day after having their mutual lover/spouse die of a sudden heart attack. The book takes plenty of twists
Bj Gaskill
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????
Here, I thought book one was really good,Ms. Jenkins had to go and write another.

This book has everything going for it from the get go. I swear everything is going on in this book and more.
No, I'm not one for giving anything away so if you haven't read book one stop reading right now......

Ok...Personally when the author titled this book "Don't You Forget About Me", it has way and I mean WAY more meaning then just simple memories...or even the baby that Sandra is carrying!
Des
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: review copy received free via Goodreads.

I was impressed with the way the characters developed from the first book, Pam of Babylon, and I really wanted to see what was going to happen to them in this sequel. It kept me on the edge of my seat--I can hardly wait for the next book. The entwining of the lives of Pam, Marie, and Sandra is a must read for anyone who enjoys a really good story about the interaction between women who are inadvertently united by a common tragedy and event
Roxanne
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
My girlfriend gave this book to me. She knew I would enjoy it. She was right.

I wish I would have read the books in the order that they were written, but none the less, this book makes you want to smuck the main characters upside the head. And if "lover boy" was alive, I'd give him a piece of my mind.

So, any author that gets me this wacked out has done a good job!

I really need to check out Suzanne Jenkins other books.
Richard Tolleson
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
I just learned this was the second book in a series. I can't imagine spending any more time with these unlikable characters. The story is interesting, but the author's treatment of it is amateurish at times. Dialogue is stilted, and the omniscient narrator jumps from one person's head to the next without warning. At times you think this book is religious fiction, then it goes into Fifty Shades mode. I don't know what to make of this. It's a mess.
Debbie Kelley
Feb 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was a convoluted mess. Glad I got it free although even with that I was mad that I wasted my time reading it.
Moira Carlock Rivas
Jan 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
Blah! Although it held my interest, if only to finish the book, it was disjointed. Too many extraneous characters, too much leap frogging to and fro.
S.R. Mallery
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***** A Touching and Absorbing Read!

Suzanne Jenkins: DON’T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME ***** A Touching and Absorbing Read!

What I love about Suzanne Jenkins’ books is the fact that she is never shy about tackling difficult subjects. Her characters are complicated and real, even at times uncomfortably so. Case in point: “Don't You Forget About Me,” where, in the midst of a family’s grief over a recent sudden death, a very taboo subject is revealed; a subject that affects all of them. Along the way, we di
Dorothy Bennett
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME is the second installment of a lengthy series of novels titled PAM OF BABYLON. For a series piece, I found it quite clear and engaging as three women discover they are tied in many ways to one man: one woman by marriage and two by sexual relationships. Two of the women are sisters, which makes it all more complicated. Jack was handsome and rich and had it all, except this volume reveals some terrible realities that he endured as a child and which mark his adult behavior ...more
Char
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible. I read it straight through

Didn't start at book #1 but it didn't matter. Amazingly complex plot with unique characters. Not one instance is predictable. Unique descriptions of the roles wives and lovers will play to recreate themselves in the roles their husbands need. Especially poignant with the contrast of brides in the 40's 60's and 80's. Interesting gateways between each woman's experience but each foreshadowed transition is subtle. I could see the three generations of women in m
Jessica
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down!

Situation grabbed me from the start, characters kept me reading long after midnight... Didn't realize it was the second book of a series until I got to the last few pages. I enjoyed it as a stand alone, but now that I know, I will probably look for the rest of the books. If you like modern women's fiction, that deals with today's most current social, emotional, and sexual issues, you'll like this book.
Karen
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I agree with some other reviewers that the main characters aren't very likable but that doesn' make them less realistic. The relationships between the characters are very complex but don't depend on coincidence--there are logical connections. I think that Pam is not as consistent as the other characters which is why I gave it four stars.I would like to make it 4.5. Jenkins writing is very compelling and kept me reading.
Janice Hurst
Dysfunctional Family

Definitely an interesting read if you want to see dysfunction at its best. Jack Smith was one sick cookie and his exploits prior to his untimely death left a trail of sexual sickness that included an endearing wife, a promiscuous sister in law and a pregnant mistress. His background of abuse by an equally bad father, and an alcoholic mother were his beginning. But, the book revolves around the three women in his life and their strange friendship.
Fmb926
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a good story. I didn't know it was a series so now I need to go back and read the first. My only issue with the book was geography. It is way off the mark. It was an annoying quirk while reading. That is why I left a star off. Could have googled directions to say how the character got there.
Janet Wild
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The legacy

Wow, what damage can one man do to his own family and others. Jack a womanizer how many will discover the awful truth of the changes he will make in their lives after his death. The author weaves the stories of the three main female characters so well you get sucked right into their lives. Look forward to reading book 3
Jean powell
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enlightening

A good refresher warning to all women (& men) regarding being tested before you jump in the sack with someone new! If I had known more about the book beforehand I might not have read it but glad I did. The relationship among the women has to be unique. I can't imagine!!
Rose
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a Story!

While the premise of this story is a little hard to believe, once I bought into it, I could not stop reading the story of the three Main characters in this book and how their lives are forever intertwined because of a man (monster?) named Jack Smith. Great writing ability!
Barbara Thompson
Oct 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
CRAZY WOMEN!!!

I could not believe this dysfunctional family! I not only read the first book, but bought this second one in the series. So much anger, jealousy, mean spirited family members. The wife, the sister in law, and the the young lover of Jack form a friendly relationship, but are presented with a deadly disease from Jack. Unbelievable! Pass this series by.....
Michele Snyder
Jan 03, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible! Maybe because it was the 2nd in the series, but I could not stand any one of these characters. They were so annoying. There could have been a storyline, but it was all over and fragmented. I could not wait for this book to end... and then it did. Abruptly.
I am glad I got this for free and didn't waste money on this garbage.
Georganne
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The life of the living after the death of a loved one.

After Jack 's sudden death,the skeletons start to appear. Pam discovers Jack's hidden life. Pam tries to put everything into perspective. She surrounds herself with those who were hurt by Jack. She places blame on herself and not those who were hurt by Jack. Pam is the perfect wife that Jack expected of her. Read Don't You Forget About Me to discover why! Great story about people.
Susan
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow at first and then became more interesting.

Crazy family dynamics consumed this book. This was not a warm and fuzzy read. Quick read. Maybe I missed main points in book one, which I did not read.
Rena Terrell
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sad

A generation of abuse, sexual molestation, depression. How do you survive this and how do you help the people around you. I know this is fiction but I bet a lot of people who read this book will see there selves.
Juliea Shriver
Unbelievable

At times, I really enjoyed this book. But I really couldn't accept the plot line: three women, one idiot man, and somehow they become friends. The plot just didn't work for me, I could not believe it had any real basis in reality, just too messed up.
Elizabeth Ray
I didn’t know this was a series when I purchased the book and I didn’t know it would have so much disturbing content (lots of retellings about past sexual abuse). The plot and characters were fascinating enough that I had to finish it, but I don’t plan to read any other books in the series.
donnamauldin
Different

I started this book thinking it was a love story. Boy was I wrong. If you call a man sleeping with his wife ,sister in law, and several others a love story then I'm wrong. Oh I forgot the most important thing, he give them all Aids. Not my thing.
Sue
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
None of the characters in this book are likeable. I won’t read any of the follow up books about them because I don’t like any of them. Poorly written with an ending that left us hanging. No point continuing to read about so many unlikeable characters.
Ena Faulkner
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

Good read a real adult fairy tale O like how the writer goes back and gives the history and his dysfunctional when you're intrusted with raising children remember they are the adults of tomorrow
Chandru CS
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Goodies and a great book to read book and reading this book for free and reading this book for free download free
  • Manless in Montclair: Love, Loss, Excessive Dating
  • Mr Right and Other Mongrels
  • Deadly Memories
  • When Horses Had Wings
  • Homesong
  • Road to Tomorrow (Look to the Future, #3)
  • Messages
  • Beneath the Willow (Jesse & Sarah, #2)
  • A Dash of Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #1)
  • The Breakup
  • Stone of Destiny
  • Ruby Lake
  • Cocktail Hour
  • Ransom Dreams
  • Kingdom by the Sea
  • For Internal Use Only
  • Still Life: a novella (Still Life #1)
  • Some Day Somebody
Suzanne Jenkins lives at the west Michigan lakeshore. She is the author of Pam of Babylon and the series; Don’t You Forget About Me,Dream Lover, Prayers for the Dying, Family Dynamics and The Tao of Pam. The Greeks of Beaubien Street,and The Princess of Greektown from the Greektown Stories, Alice's Summertime Adventure, The Savant of Chelsea and Someone Like You.

Pam of Babylon (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Pam of Babylon
  • Dream Lover
  • Prayers for the Dying
  • Family Dynamics (Pam of Babylon)
  • The Tao of Pam (Pam of Babylon, #6)
  • In Memoriam (Pam of Babylon, #7)
  • Soulmates: Pam of Babylon Book #8
  • Save the Date (Pam of Babylon, #9)
  • I'll Always Love You (Pam of Babylon, #10)
  • Beach Spirits (Pam of Babylon, #11)