Start by marking “Aloha, Magnum: Larry Manetti's Magnum, P.I. Memories” as Want to Read:
Aloha, Magnum: Larry Manetti's Magnum, P.I. Memories

Aloha, Magnum: Larry Manetti's Magnum, P.I. Memories

Aloha Magnum is a chronicle of Larry Manetti's wild childhood, his crazy days in Hollywood, his moonlighting as a prominent restaurateur, and his escapades with the rich, famous, and equally outrageous.
Published 1999 by Renaissance Books

To ask other readers questions about Aloha, Magnum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aloha, Magnum

Tasso
Mar 24, 2011 Tasso rated it it was amazing
A phenomenal insider's view of the best show in televsion history.
Bob Andelman
Jul 23, 2017 Bob Andelman rated it really liked it
Happy Birthday to actor Larry Manetti, co-star, "Magnum, P.I."! 2010 PODCAST INTERVIEW

LARRY MANETTI AUDIO EXCERPT: “Tom Selleck was born gorgeous.When you’re born ike that, you kinda know inside of you that you’re special. He does have little idiosyncrasies. He’s a dear friend; he’s there if you need him. He’s a great guy. And I don’t lie. If he were a big jerk, I’d say he was a jerk.”

Mike Sambuco
Aug 12, 2013 Mike Sambuco rated it liked it
Shelves: biographies
Part memoirs and history, part back story from Magnum, PI, Larry Manetti's Hollywood insider book took me into the working and private lives of the characters that I enjoy watching. I learned lots of interesting things about many actors and situations, and enjoyed getting to be "behind the scenes" of the iconic show. Getting to experience some of it through his eyes gave me more appreciation for the people involved, and who they are as people and human beings, not just as actors and their charac ...more
Aug 28, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
My friend Hinkie told me that Tom Selleck was thee nicest guy when he was shooting Magnum P.I. in Hawaii, so i had to read this book.
I found out that everyone who worked with Tom said the same thing, and also that Larry Manetti starred in Baa Baa Black Sheep before landing the role of Orville 'Rick' Wright on Magnum.
Larry dished great behind the scenes Magnum stories, as well as various other tv shows & films.
The best one was how he discovered, dated, then introduced Michelle Pfeiffer to a
Sam Jayne
Oct 20, 2008 Sam Jayne rated it liked it
Shelves: never-finished
so far so good- hee hee I got this as a gift and wow- what a story! Larry Maneti played the bartender on magnum PI and mre than that is a real character in the real world. Prt 2- okay so now I kinda slowed don on reading it because once you get the pace and all the hijinks, These perhaps told at the bar a few times stories are something you don't really need to read all the way through. I'm going to pick up on it later, for bits of inspirational hollywood 'wisdom'.
Marky
Jun 29, 2014 Marky rated it it was amazing
Hundreds of funny anecdotes about one of my favorite shows. If you're looking for dirty laundry or controversy, it's not here. Larry is very respectful and positive about the show and his co stars. He doesn't pull any punches about himself and admits he wasn't exactly a choir boy, and I'm impressed how active the group was in raising money and making appearances for charity. Recommended!
Amity Kirby
Mar 07, 2013 Amity Kirby rated it really liked it
This is a fun book. A must read for any Magnum fan. Not great literature but fun nonetheless. Larry's personality comes through this book with all his stories. If you are/were a fan of the show this is a quick easy read with neat stories and a few good chuckles.
Trina
May 06, 2012 Trina rated it liked it
Nothing amazing here, but this was a fun read for me bec of my summers spent at the colony surf in Oahu where my grandparents lived. A few of his stories took place there and some of these incidents (Tom sellecks son rolling jeep out of elevated garage) I witnessed and remember
Rob
Feb 02, 2011 Rob rated it really liked it
easy read for fans of the show.
Aubrey
Jun 22, 2007 Aubrey rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent stocking stuffer -- an insider's account of the best show ever aired on television.
NK
Sep 06, 2013 NK rated it really liked it
I enjoy the show (still watching re-runs) and thought that the back stories were great.
Kerry
Sep 22, 2010 Kerry rated it liked it
Interesting read for fans of Magnum, P.I. If you aren't a fan of the show, don't bother.
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2015
Brent
Brent rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2011
Matthew Helm
Matthew Helm rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2013
Lupine Smile
Lupine Smile rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Roydon Gracias
Roydon Gracias rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2013
Jim
Jim rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Raphael Lindtburgh
Mar 31, 2017 Raphael Lindtburgh rated it liked it
Ich habe viele der Folgen gesehen. Warum weiß ich bis heute nicht ganz:). Es wirkt entspannend, obwohl es manchmal wirklich sinnfrei ist. Aber eines werde ich mir merken. Diese Serie hatte auch Esprit.

Thomas Magnum:

'Sport ist was für den Sommer von dem man nie genau weiß wie lange er dauert.'
Ginny
Ginny rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Christopher
Christopher rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2015
J
J rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Péter Szatmári
Péter Szatmári rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Kristan
Kristan rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2012
Corinne
Corinne rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Mark Bernhard
Mark Bernhard rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2014