Start by marking “The Drorgon Slayer's Choice” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Drorgon Slayer's C...

Tahlia Newland

The Drorgon Slayer's Choice

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
THIS BOOK IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
A blow to Julia’s head sets the origin circuit in her brain firing and reveals the existence of previously invisible aliens and the modern gods who have come to earth to eradicate them.

James, one of the gods, discovers that she can perceive more than most of the human race and she soon gets the impression that he’s interested in her for more
Published October 18th 2011 by Catapult Press

To ask other readers questions about The Drorgon Slayer's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Drorgon Slayer's Choice

Mardel
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
I don't read many short stories, though I do enjoy them occasionally. I recently (just now) read The Drorgon Slayer's Choice by Tahlia Newland and found myself enjoying the fantasy/light romance.

Julia is on her break from work, hoping to get some coffee when she bumps her head after a fall. After dusting herself off, she sits down and notices that everything is brighter, she can see and hear better....and oops! Suddenly she's seeing some disturbing things. Like a giant octopus and people fightin
Lynn Seresin
Nov 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this light, fantasy romance. It was a quick read, very entertaining, and easy to follow. Newland crammed a lot of plot into a short format; I could easily see this expanded into a full-length novel.

I especially enjoyed Newland's crisp, clean writing style. Indie authors often seem to drown their prose in excessive description, which only serves to bog down the action and affect the flow of the story. Newland avoids this trap completely. The result is a stream-lined story-telling
FaMo
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It isn't often that I dapple in either the fantasy or romance genre, but I'm so glad I did this time. The way the human main character is essentially led by the hand into this supernatural world really ushered me into it as well. The story's pacing and relatively light tone make it a fun page-turner, and I particularly enjoyed the bite-sized bits of philosophy that it packages in such an interesting alternate reality to visualize. Overall, "The Drorgon Slayer's Choice" is an engaging read from s ...more
John
Nov 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Hooked me in from the get-go. It touches on interesting themes such as the origin of mankind, the nature of the ancient gods of myth and folklore, and the potential of the human mind, and deftly weaves those strands through a snappy and amusing tale of trans-dimensional romance.
Lindy Dale
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy of this type isn't usually my thing but somehow I got sucked in to the story. I don't know where the author got the idea for this story from but its certainly different and makes you want to read more. I'll be looking out for more of her work.
Tahlia Newland
Oct 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Yep, I wrote it, but as a reader, it's just the sort of thing I love to read. Not too light, not too heavy, it's a short romantic urban fantasy with a touch of philosophy and a cute ending.
Shay
Jun 24, 2012
Cheryl
Apr 25, 2012
Shieldmaiden Darcy
rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2018
Linda
Jan 19, 2017
Desirae
May 21, 2018
Tahlia Newland, author of the multi-award-winning Diamond Peak Series, writes inspirational metaphysical and speculative fiction with a touch or more of romance. She is also an editor and a mask-maker who loves creating digital art and sitting on her veranda staring at the rain forest.

Before writing full time, she had over 20 years’ experience in scripting and performing in Visual Theatre and Thea