Start by marking “Stuck Study Guide” as Want to Read:
Stuck Study Guide

Stuck Study Guide

Do you feel stuck?

So many of us live stuck. Stuck in trying to seem perfect. Stuck in sadness. Stuck feeling numb. Stuck pursuing more stuff to make us happy. Stuck in something we can't even name. These stuck places often go unattended inside of us and they are shaping our lives more than we would like to think. We've been trying to fix this feeling with everything but...
Published October 10th 2011 by Thomas Nelson

Kristina Harris
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-books
What an amazing Bible study! I chose this study because I felt stuck in my life, but my friends didn't exactly feel the same way. They chose to do this study to show their love and support for me. However, God knew it was just what they needed, as well. We all grew so much. Even if you don't necessarily feel "stuck" anyone can benefit from knowing what God desires from us and what the world just cannot give. <3
Hannah Gies
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this study. Jennie Allen is straightforward and passionate about Jesus. This was my third time going through this study guide, this time along with the women's Bible study at my church. It is so powerful and never gets old. I highly recommend it!
Alison Bjorklund
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a Jennie Allen book or study before. I have really liked this study! I like how she picks a passage to dive into rather than jumping all over the place making our own interpretations which I often find in studies like these. I do feel unstuck, refreshed in hope, and free to live dependent on God in my weaknesses. John 15:1-17
Linda B
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The vision is that we would see broken spots in our soul.” I received the leaders’ kit for this group Bible study program that contains a leader’s guide, a workbook, a DVD with eight video lessons, and a deck of conversation and scripture cards.

The Bible Study Meeting:
The leader is reminded to listen, not lecture, and not to counsel. The lessons, except lesson one, are to be completed at home before the meeting. To do the lessons properly I would say they would probably take 30-45 minutes at ho
Darlene
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
So many women feel stuck in their roles in the world - mother, sister, worker, wife, girlfriend, chef, chauffeur, disciplinarian. So many things in our lives can conveniently make a good excuse for not taking a closer look at our spiritual lives, and to focus on God who can give us a whole new perspective on our lives.

In a world that tells us to focus more on ourselves and what makes us feel good, God reminds us that a life not focused on Him and focused on satisfying our sinful, selfish desires
Lauren
This study is not deserving of a bad rating, the five stars are truly earned, but I don't feel like I found it particularly enjoyable. It is great for pointing out your issues, labeling things you may already be aware of and maybe even pointing out some sin areas you weren't aware of. However, it's not a new look at or new ideas on how to FIX your sin. While I think this study is definitely beneficial, please don't pick it up thinking you'll feel incredibly joyful as you read. It's a deep, hard ...more
Amy
Enjoyed doing this study...wish the videos were a bit longer. This is not like a Beth Mooore study, so much simpler. Especially liked Project 1 in each chapter, where you draw a picture that relates to the scripture or topic at hand.
Dawn Compton
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I did this Bible study a little over two years ago during a pivotal time in my life. I felt the Lord calling me to a specific purpose, and it had become heart-wrenching - I felt as if the Lord was asking me to step up so that He could use my testimony, I just had NO IDEA how. I literally wrote down a prayer in this book during this study that I refer back to often when I’m asked to speak, as it was this prayer that changed everything. God answered my prayer in the most unexpected AMAZING way (th ...more
Jean
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Bought this for a bible study at church and wasn't overly thrilled with it. I was used to Beth Moore or other more intense studies so maybe I just had higher expectations. Or maybe I'm just not "stuck" :)
Amy B.
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Our stuck places are the very places that make us ache for God. Even in our God-given limitations, He is gracious & tender...God is there. God, who spins planets, is there waiting for me."
- Jennie Allen
Rachel Maldonado
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simplistic and profound. No self-destruction required. It's a study that encouraged me to gather my broken pieces and hand them over. Finally. Like a mom whispering in my here, "Honey, let it go. Give it to me."
Jona Payne
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good for a small group.
Deanna Clark
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

This study was beautiful. It caused me to really look at myself. Thank you for creating it. More than you will ever know, it was truly a blessing.
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bible Study Groups, Church Groups, Christians
Recommended to Meagan by: BookSneeze
STUCK
A DVD-Based Study
By Jennie Allen

Stuck is how this study describes areas of our lives that keep us from God. The leadership kit includes: a DVD (broken in 10 or fewer minutes per session); a Leader’s Guide (Leadership preparation, tips, and cautions with session format options and goals for each week); Conversation Starter Cards (reflective questions and a key verse for each session); and a Study Workbook (weekly study with verses and projects to gain an understanding of the topic being disc
writer...

Are you STUCK?
I’ve enjoyed the opp to review of Jennie Allen’s
beautifully packaged dvd based 8 week study
of the places we, as women, get stuck
& the God who sets us free...
The package includes the dvd with sessions being under 10 min
study notebook presenting the material for the theme of the week,
allowing for advance prep enabling in depth group interaction~
participants have 4 choices of projects directed at applying
the week’s scripture which provide additional discussion interest
of the proj
Mmtimes4
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Do you feel stuck?

God. He has a plan for these spaces inside of us, the places we feel broken, but we have to go to Him. "Stuck" is a journey t
Teela
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Stuck is a great study, challenging us to focus on God and His plans for us. Jennie is trying to help us to identify the places we are STUCK (many times numb to the fact) and recognize that we need help and that GOD is here to help us. But just saying we want to get UNstuck from our being mad, broken, discontent, scared, overwhelmed, etc. is not going to change our situation. Stuck is an interactive study where we ask, who are you, Lord, where are you and what do you want from me and how am I go ...more
Lisa Van allen
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is best used with the DVD created by Jennie Allen containing a series of short (7 minute) thought provoking presentations addressing areas where women tend to get stuck emotionally. This little workbook could stand alone, but the DVD is so beautifully produced and rich with stories and Jennie's gentle call to a better way. I used both this book and the DVD to spark discussion with a small group of women on transforming negative emotions like fear, anger, anxiety, jealousy, hurt. I was ...more
Kimberly Collister
Stuck is an amazing Bible study by Jennie Allen that transforms lives. We all get stuck at certain points in our lives in one way or another either in anger or fear or depression or whatever your area of being STUCK is this DVD-based Bible study has the biblical way to overcome those challenges that we all face in this worldly time we live in. Jennie is a down-to-earth girl with down to earth biblical ways of looking at things that are so unique and so powerful that she gets into your heart and ...more
Robin Moore
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very simplistic and basic. Funny story, the dvd got stuck in the player every week without fail!
Diane
Jan 11, 2015 added it
Shelves: religion
Two different women's bible studies have done this study. I only hope the second group did it without the DVD. The study was good, but her DVD talks ahead of the study seemed shallow and petty and frustrated some of us and made some of us laugh. Cupcakes?! Curtains?! The issues we were going through were much larger and much more earth shattering and far more significant. But the study allowed us to grow closer as a group. And share our challenges.
Autumn
As usual, Jennie Allen gives you a Bible Study that is raw and emotional and hits you in all the right place. It seems that each study has been tailor made for you and your situation at hand. She does not preach or use huge words, she is down to earth, and as I said... raw. She will say things, and I am thinking, "I have totally thought that, but I never said it out loud!" She is amazing and I am looking forward to upcoming book Numb. Five Big, Fat shiny gold stars. If I could give 6 I would!
Stephanie Joy
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, small-group
I really liked how interactive this study was in helping us find the places in our lives where we feel stuck and identify a source of the discontent. The study videos and questions were great in facilitating discussion and we ended with a sense of hope that God can meet us in those places and lead us into peace.
Ginny B
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this is one of the best face to face studies I have done in quite some time! While I did think that Jennie Allen had to many dramatic pauses in the video portion, her writing was wonderful and the material covered really caused me to dig deep. The study format led to some great discussions! Highly recommend this if you are feeling stuck in your walk with God
Historychef
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amazing and life changing. I highly recommend this study for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of God working in their life. I would have given it 5 stars, but I felt that the application of grace should have been a bit more prevalent. This was not a flaw in the study though. Like I said, I highly recommend it!
KittyRoyseCity
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a study I'll do again. Very helpful and thought provoking to all the reasons we get stuck and why we should trust in God. Jennie Allen has a gift for teaching while keeping it simple with enough on point discussion to truly bring about growth in faith!
Sam Jones
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Bible study that shakes you to your core. As you work through the study, you deal with many places in your heart that you'd like to ignore, but Jennie reminds you that God sees them as well. The freedom I've found since completing this study is amazing!
April
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read through testing it for a study. It's going to be a good one with a group. It is challenging and soul-baring. It covers so much, but it does it well. Looking forward to using this one as a group/women's study.
Sarah Goodner
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fantastic Bible study guide, it really looks at all those tough spots that we don't want to think about that keep us stuck as Christians.
Brenda
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome! probably should do again!

• Nehemiah Member Book: A Heart That Can Break
  • Brave: Honest Questions Women Ask: Member book
  • Graceful (for Young Women): Letting Go of Your Try-Hard Life
  • James: Mercy Triumphs (Member Book)
  • Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted
  • A Perfect Mess: Why You Don't Have to Worry about Being Good Enough for God
  • Darkness Before Dawn
  • Every Body Matters: Strengthening Your Body to Strengthen Your Soul
  • Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole
  • God on the Streets of Gotham: What the Big Screen Batman Can Teach Us about God and Ourselves
  • Walking with Purpose
  • Wonderstruck: Awaken to the Nearness of God
Jennie Allen is a passionate leader and visionary following God's call to inspire women to encounter the invisible God. With a Master's in Biblical Studies from DTS, Jennie is the author of two Bible studies, Stuck, a CBA best-seller, and Chase, and the ECPA "New Author of the Year" winner of Anything and Restless, which also includes a DVD-based study. The founder of IF: Gathering, Jennie, and he ...more
“If we trust in Christ, we are forgiven. The space in which we are stuck, lacking, sinful, broken, and in need, is the space in us that longs for God, longs for forgiveness. When we soberly view ourselves and our sin, we see our need and call out for God.” 1 likes