Start by marking “Have You Seen Me” as Want to Read:
Have You Seen Me

Have You Seen Me

Chris and Vyv have always been close -- as the only two 'weird' kids in their small Midwestern town, they've often depended on each other to survive. But their friendship will be put to the test when Vyv runs away and continues to communicate with Chris in secret. All summer, as the search for Vyv mounts, Chris tries to avoid the pressure by working for Albert, an off-the- ...more
Published October 17th 2011 by CCLaP Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Have You Seen Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Have You Seen Me

Start your review of Have You Seen Me
Julio Genao
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved
Stupendous.

Rich with hilarity as well as the kind of creeping horror some writers would kill to be able to reproduce reliably.

A moving, atmospheric tapestry of storytelling magic, with the odd paragraph or two so glitteringly beautiful and intense I simply forgot to keep breathing for a bit.

Joy. And fear. And love. All mixed-up together in a glorious stew of feelz.

Absurdly good.
David Katzman
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone

I loved Have You Seen Me. Have you ever found yourself reading a book, and you think … it’s so beautifully written, there’s going to be a misstep. There’s got to be because nothing could ring so true. That thought kept popping into my head for some odd reason as I read this, but every page I turned rewarded me with more honesty, effortless storytelling, and masterful writing.

The writing in Have You Seen Me had a certain quality that was remarkable. The sentence structures and the words selected
Maya
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, novella, lgbt

Such a powerful story. And so beautifully written.

Loved it.
Anna (Bananas)
Perfection. This blew me away. I'm in awe of the writing and I'm dumbstruck with feelz. Very highly recommended.
Despite being a novella, this reads like a full-length book. It's substantial and complete and lacks nothing imo. <3
Jason Pettus
Oct 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
FTC DISCLOSURE: I am the publisher of this book.

Apologia: A deliberately all-positive critical essay, done specifically as a persuasive argument for other people

Why I Signed 'Have You Seen Me' -- An Apologia

It's no secret that I can sometimes be awfully critical of coming-of-age tales here, mostly because
Leanne
Hauntingly beautiful writing. Funny as hell at times, but bone crushingly sad too... with this constantly growing sense of menace that left me wondering when things were going to go terribly, horribly wrong.
This is not your average coming of age teen drama. It is a harsh, realistic story of two amazingly brave and resilient young people who, in spite of a spectacularly shitty start, might just turn out ok.

Oh. And the writing? Just beautiful.

Granddad was my hero, once. When I was a kid, sometime
Natalie
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: coming-of-age, dark, free
Incredibly good writing and atmosphere you could cut with a knife.
Elizabetta
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow, so powerful and such a gift of writing in and between the lines.
Ben
Apr 15, 2012 added it
Urgent, desperate, and ultimately a literary experience that leaves the reader hopeful for where literature may yet go.

Silkeeeeeereads
You know, maybe I'm really dense but this felt like a bad drug trip. It made no sense to me and I don't even know what bookshelf to put it on besides, "Don't Bother. " ...more
Mel
Aug 02, 2015 added it
Recommended to Mel by: Maya
Shelves: lambda-award, free
I have no clue what I've read here. I didn't understand this. Please feel free to clue me in in the comments ;-)

It's very well written, though, interestingly told and revealed... but seriously, I just don't know what it's supposed to tell me or what's it about.
Michael
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, plain and simple. The story was engaging and really kept you thinking until the end. I didn't know what to expect but paid to download it and was not disappointed. I probably identified with it being set in a fictional small town in Nebraska, having grown up in small town Nebraska myself. I could see another book coming from this as everything wasn't completely resolved. I highly recommend it. ...more
Trish
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. By which I mean I found it upsetting and a bit difficult to read, but really worth it. Good recommendation from PJM and others.
Barbara Donnelly
Nov 28, 2020 rated it liked it
As I was reading, I envisioned giving this book a 4, because it was a good read. However, the ending...
Xian Xian
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
CCLaP will always be present on this blog okay? Another CCLaP book on here. I feel like most of their works are novellas, which is fine, because there are so many stories that you can stretch until the plot or the whole concept of the story becomes thin and the whole point of the novel would be a sort of overabundance of unneeded words. I feel like I might've said this before. However, that usually depends on the reader, I'm a person who isn't too bothered with a lack of plot, a concept is what ...more
جيلان صلاح
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have You Seen Me - A Beautifully Grim, Coming-of-Age Tale

It's rare for a book reviewer to be handed a gem of a book, a work of art that defies deadlines, publishers' guidelines and readership expectations. You sometimes forget that there is a world beyond assigned review copies until you meet a book that piques your interest and sweeps you off your feet. "Have you seen me" a dark, gripping tale about growing up, sexual abuse and the fluid nature of sexuality is not an easy read. It is, however;
willowdog
Really a teen book. Plot not well constructed. Gay teens have sex with each other, angst of growing up, one plot line is completely not developed ,nor could I figure out why it was included. farmer anachist!
Peter
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Short and to the fucking point.
Ray Charbonneau
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
I enjoyed reading this, but it did leave me wondering what the point was.
Sushishin
Dec 17, 2012
Jason Fisk
Nov 19, 2011
Bẵssaẵt
rated it did not like it
Oct 18, 2011
RK
Nov 28, 2011
Blueyy
Oct 27, 2013

• Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk
  • The Bright Lands
  • Dear Ann
  • Tracking Game (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery #5)
  • Disappearing Earth
  • Truly, Madly, Deeply
  • Piece of My Heart (Under Suspicion, #7)
  • From Sand and Ash
  • In the Bleak Midwinter (The Rev. Clare Fergusson & Russ Van Alstyne Mysteries #1)
  • The Last House Guest
  • The Emerald Horizon (The Star and the Shamrock #2)
  • The Butterfly Girl (Naomi Cottle, #2)
  • Grace Is Gone
  • This Is Happiness
  • The Girls with No Names
  • Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop of Dreams (Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop, #1)
  • Watch Me Disappear