Start by marking “The Power and the Glory (The Marshalls, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Power and the Glory (The Marshalls, #2)

The Power and the Glory (The Marshalls #2)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  83 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Introducing The Marshalls… A rich, powerful family that mixes business, politics…and pleasure. If the U.S. had a royal family—this would be it!Any red-blooded woman would kill to be handcuffed to political hotshot Brady Marshall, but campaigner Aspyn Breedlove wants to raise awareness—not her own acute consciousness of those delicious, iron-hard muscles beneath Brady's exp ...more
Published November 29th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Power and the Glory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power and the Glory

Ana
The Marshalls . . .
A rich, powerful family that mixes business, politics . . . and pleasure. If the US had a royal family - this would be it!

Any red-blooded woman would kill to be handcuffed to political hog-shot Brady Marshall, but campaigner Aspyn Breedlove wants to raise awareness - not her own acute consciousness of those delicious, iron-hard muscles beneath Brady's expensive suit . . . .

Overnight she's an internet sensation, and in a shock move she's made part of the Marshall re-electio
Heidi Rice
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The second book in Kimberly Lang's Marshall trilogy and I have to say I'm now in a bit of a quandary, because I don't know which one I love the most. While Lily and Ethan's story in The Beautiful and the Damned was a great bad-girl-good-guy romance with some really sexy dialogue, I have to say that I'm now leaning towards Brady and Aspyn's story (fickle? moi?).

The opening is a cracker, when Aspyn - a passionate, determined and provocative political activist - is 'accidentally' handcuffed to Bra
Saly
Rating 3.5
Second in the Marshall series and quite good.

The book was good kind of different since it had a heroine named Aspyn who was kind of a hippie, activist and a true believer and her ideas well weren't something we normally hear.

Brady on the other hand is a Marshall and when Aspyn comes in the way of his father's senatorial campaign, she is roped in much to his chagrin. He doesn't like deluding her into believing she is being heard but it is not his choice though he tries hard not to give
RLA
Dec 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The hero Brady and the heroine Aspyn meet when they are accidentally handcuffed together by an over zealous member of Aspyn's environmental activist groups. This event and some of Aspyn's comments are picked up by the media and begin to have a negative effect on the re-election campaign for Brady's Senator father. Brady is forced to bring Aspyn into the campaign as a publicity stunt, and she is led to believe that all the information she collects will be passed on. Brady doesn't agree with the s ...more
Nas Dean
May 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
THE POWER AND THE GLORY by author Kimberly Lang is an harlequin Presents release for December 2011.

Aspyn Breedlove has come across many things as an activist but being handcuffed to the hot, gorgeous campaign manager of a Senator's election was a first!

Brady Marshall had a strict no entanglements policy with a staff working for him. By a quirk Aspyn ends up working for Brady. Will there be an exception to Brady's rule now? Will he act on his attraction to Aspyn? What will happen when Aspyn walks
Mikka Gottstein
Handschellen und Hippies im Wahlkampfbüro

Die Umweltaktivistin Aspyn und der Sohn des Senators, Brady, könnten unterschiedlicher nicht sein. Brady steht für Alles, wogegen Aspyn kämpft; dennoch fühlt sie sich sofort zu ihm hingezogen, als sie bei einer Demonstration von einem übereifrigen Demonstranten mit Handschellen aneinander gekettet werden. Als Bradys Vater Aspyn eine Stelle in seinem Wahlkampf-Team anbietet - sie soll die Interessen der Bürger vertreten -, glaubt die junge Frau an die Chan
Jenna (JennaHack)
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway and I'm so glad I did! This was such a sweet love story. I finished it in just a few hours.

I loved the main characters, Aspyn and Brady. Kimberly Lang wrote some wonderful scenes between them. Especially their first kiss! It was so beautiful!

I also really enjoyed the setting of this story. I've never read a love story set amid politics, but I really liked how it all played out.

I'd totally recommend this story to anyone that loves a good romance!
Kai
Nov 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I found Aspyn's and Brady's story warm and enduring. Who knew that an activist might just catch the Senator's son, Brady's attention; who is also his campaign manager. Of course the story is unlikely to happens in real life but Aspyn's passion and belief that she can change the world is rather naive. I was once like that before becoming realistic like Brady. At least the book remind me of my age of innocence before I have to realistic about the world. This story is my break from reality. I would ...more
Tonya Warner
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Too much political crap, too little romance.

Maybe it's just me, but I found nothing exciting, romantic, intriguing, or sexy about either character. Aspyn Breedlove is a supposed activist that gets handcuffed to a politican's son and campaign manager, Brady Marshall. For an activist, Aspyn is totally clueless on politics, and Brady is shockingly, a political guy that does what the party needs to keep her silent.

I really did not enjoy this. Maybe in a non-political year, maybe, but the whole conc
Diane Sallans
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I really enjoyed this book. I've read a lot of Harlequin Presents and found this one different from most in several ways. It takes place in the United States, rather than the more usual England & Europe. And it deals with a political election campaign (the setting is in Washington, DC).
And I loved Aspyn's character; she is so honest and quirky and has a unique take on political action. There are also books about Brady Marshall's brothers which I'll be looking for too.
Livia
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been at least three years since I've read any of the Harlequin Presents, EXTRA or standard monthly releases. The cover of this book grabbed my attention as did the story summary. Romances where politics is a part of the story line will always draw me and this one has an excellent story that is very entertaining.
Apzmarshl
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
I realize I can't be asking for much reading a romance novel....so it gets merit for the love scenes, which there weren't enough of to make the lame storyline worth reading. Between the politics and the tree hugging.....vomit. I was on vacation at the time and so I'm giving myself a break instead of a brow beating for reading this.
Barbara White
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I rarely read romance, but I needed some A* escapism to get through a nasty medical procedure. I chose THE POWER AND THE GLORY, and am so glad I did. I consumed it. Loved the sexy hero, loved the conflicted heroine, loved the plot. I am definitely a new Ms Lang fan!
Beckey
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Won an autographed copy of the book... Found the book to be an interesting & enjoyable story
Veronica
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: 'Tis the Season to be Tempted
Silvia Navarro
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Como dije los libros de Kimberly estan buenisimos para leer una tarde :)
Harlequin Books
Dec 28, 2011
Sian
Feb 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • The Savakis Mistress (Modern Romance, #889)
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)
  • The Man Every Woman Wants
  • On the First Night of Christmas
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • A Christmas Night to Remember
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • The Heartless Rebel (Bad Blood, #5)
  • Trouble in a Pinstripe Suit
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • A Tainted Beauty (What His Money Can't Buy #1)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • The S Before Ex
USA Today bestselling author of sassy, sexy contemporary romance. Please visit my website at www.BooksByKimberly.com to learn more about me and my books!
More about Kimberly Lang...

The Marshalls (3 books)
  • The Privileged and the Damned
  • Redemption of a Hollywood Starlet (The Marshalls, #3)