Start by marking “The Rock Star's Daughter (Treadwell Academy #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rock Star's Daughter (Treadwell Academy #1)

The Rock Star's Daughter

(Treadwell Academy #1)

At the age of 15, Taylor Beauforte has only met her father twice in person. After all, he is the lead singer of a world-famous rock band, constantly on the cover of music magazines and giving interviews on MTV. He pays for Taylor to attend the Treadwell Academy, a prestigious boarding school in Massachusetts, and provides her mother with monthly checks to cover her basic n ...more
Published December 1st 2013 by Lovestruck Literary (first published July 1st 2011)

♥︎♥︎Sofia♥︎♥︎
There is definitely something up with me lately; for some reason I keep downloading these YA romance novel's though I know that the Y in this case doesn't apply to me. So here I am again writing a review which I hope will be honest and helpful while feeling slightly uncomfortable doing it (mainly because of that pesky Y!)

The Rock Star's daughter has a lot going for it, it starts of with a good premise, 15 year old girl loses her mother and has to reach out to her absentee father to take care of
Nasty Lady MJ
Jul 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Fans of Hollywood Plots
Recommended to Nasty Lady MJ by: Amazon-Freebies
To see full review click here.

I got this on a whim via Amazon. It was free and I was trying to get to sleep.

It did the trick.

This isn't necessary a horrible book. Well, the first three fourths aren't horrible. It's just sort of meh.

You know what your'e getting. The unexpected Cinderella story that only illegitimate spawns of celebrities get to experience.

You know, somehow I don't think that's how it works. Having a celebrity dad who doesn't acknowledge you all your life and then rushing to pick
Anna
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
SOMEWHAT SPOILER ALERT

I think that Caitlin Duffy does a great job conveying realistic feelings of guilt and strife and the aftermath of losing a parent. It seemed it seemed so legit and real. I also feel like she did a good job with the character of Jill (the stepmother) as well as the troubled character of Taylor's father.

After all, after losing her mother, Taylor has no one but her father to turn to besides her maternal grandparents. I was sad to read that Jake is just using her, but the pres
-k The Lady Critic
Ok, so this book was free for me through Amazon and the iBook store so I was able to read it on my iPod - which surprisingly wasn't bad (first book to do so with).

I went into reading this with few expectations and was blown away by the story and the characters.

I liked Taylor and enjoyed reading as she went through all these horrible life experiences while discovering who she is and who she can trust. I also liked the look into the "rock scene". Granted, I'm sure that it was vastly exaggerated a
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
Too much exposition, not enough focus or genuine emotion. Exposition has its place in every story, but you've gotta stop and detail the scene too occasionally instead of just skipping over events! The 50 pages I read were almost entirely "yeah, I found my mom dead, my dad came and broke some laws to take me with him, I packed up my stuff" and there's no real detail to any of these scenes, which makes it harder to connect to Taylor.

Compare to the first 50 pages of Blythewood by Carol Goodman. Th
Monica
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-ya
This selection was available for free on iTunes, for which I am most grateful, as most of the novels I download are free. I could never afford to 'support my habit'!
I am just getting back to being a voracious reader and reading YA novels is a new adventure for me.
When I originally saw "The Rock Star's Daughter" on iTunes, I read the brief synopsis and was immediately interested in the premise. But at that time it was not available for free. Then, on one of my later visits to iTunes, I was pleas
Diana Hockley
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"I don't remember much about the first three weeks of the summer my mom died."

What an brilliant opening line!

Caitlyn Duffy's superbly crafted novel tells the story of Taylor, the fifteen year old daughter of a sadly unfulfilled mother and a famous rock singer. Forced to early maturity by her mother's lifestyle, Taylor reluctantly joins her father, her stepmother and half-sister on tour after her mother's death and learns that all is not what it seems.

I have read few young adult novels (being a 6
Sarah O
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-chick-lit
So I don't normally read debut novels until someone tells me about them or until I have the chance to see how they rate on sites like this one or library sites, but I took a chance with "The Rock Star's Daughter." I am very glad that I did take a chance because this turned out to be one of the best books that I have read in the last couple of years. It looks at the life of celebrities and how they aren't as glamorous as they may seem to the common folks. It looks at how to deal with the loss of ...more
Rachel
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: music-related
I liked this book a lot and thought Taylor was a relatable character. not in the sense my dad's famous or anything, but that she's done things on her own a long time and suddenly finds her entire world upside down and being forced into a new situation she doesn't want to be.
Her journey was interesting to read and i enjoyed seeing her develop in her new world, finding her footing.
Kaylie
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The rock stars daughter

I would recommend this book to girls 11 and older. I loved how this book described what life is like when you lose a parent (Not necessarily having a rock star father though). this book described the pros and cons about having a father that is a rock star and how taylor survived all of the cons as well as the pros.
Lindsey
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was an easy read and something I normally wouldn't read but I enjoyed it. It was kinda weird and probably something a 7th grader would read but I did enjoy this easy read.
Kris
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I liked the characters and the story, and I would have given this four stars, but the use of the word "slut" was too liberal for me. I disapprove of slut-shaming of all forms.
Stephanie
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.25 stars

I picked up this book because it was a recommendation on my Kindle, and it was free, so I thought "what the hey, let's give it a shot." I'm really glad I did. I was surprised by how much I really enjoyed this book.

The Rock Star's Daughter follows Taylor Beauforte (Atwood)as she navigates a semi-hectic life where she is more of the adult and her mother is more of the teenager in the relationship. Her dad is a famous rock star, a fact that she tries not to acknowledge bec
Rebeca Ruiz
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Katie Lawrence
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Taylor Beauforte is pretty much a normal teenager. She plays the violin, goes to boarding school and lives with her mother. However she has one big secret, her dad is a famous rock star. After a horrific accident at their house, Taylor’s mother dies. Having no other living relatives, her dad arranges to take custody of her. During the summer, she joins her father and his new wife and daughter on a summer tour around the US. She is overwhelmed by the luxurious lifestyle of her father and his new ...more
Amanda
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
This book had a great premise, that just fell really really flat.

I won't go over the synopsis of the book, you can read that for yourself. What you do see is the struggle of a girl who is learning to cope with a very new and different lifestyle after the death of the one person she could rely on (and I mean rely on very loosely) to be there for her.

The main character was really well done, very complex, and I enjoyed her story. So, the 2 star rating and what that is all about.

I'm not sure why th
Macie Goodspeed
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Rockstar's Daughter, by Caitlyn Duffy is about a fifteen year old girl named Taylor Beauforte. Her father is a rockstar, and her mother was a constant partier, while Taylor is quite a responsible girl. After one party, her mother dies, and Taylor is forced to leave her life to live with her father in California, after only knowing her life in Massachusetts. Through living with her, Taylor goes through trials, tribulations, head over heels love, and struggles with her new life.
I recommend th
Cat
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was hesitant to download this book after reading some reviews, but I figured what the heck it's free. I'm glad I did.

Taylor is definitely mature for her age. Maybe it's to make up for the selfish, immature behavior of her mother... Regardless, she is a self-proclaimed nerd/bookworm and is fairly shy. That said, I think given the circumstances (premise) of this book, she grows a lot. Although she is put in situations where others her age probably would have caved completely, in the end, she rea
Victoria
This book started out ok.

Then it sorta went down hill...
We meet Jake who I pretty much wanted to punch in the face the whole time.
Then we meet Bijoux and Betsey who were just annoying.
My favorite characters in the book were Jill and Kelsey. The rest of them were kinda like Jake and Bijoux and Taylor...just annoying.
I keep on hoping that Taylor is going to become smarter but she really doesn't...
Until...
Taylor finally figures out that Jake is several-words-that-I'm-not-gonna-say-right-now and s
Ashley
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it

I have read a good amount of books on my kindle just because they were free. Most of them were not very good. This was an exception and I was pleasantly surprised. Was it perfect? No. Was it the best book I have read? No. Honestly, reading the description, I was not impressed with the story line. Even if you don't think you will like the plot, still try this book because it is very good. I liked the characters for the most part. I was discouraged three fourths of he way in a little because I t
Kayla Emerson
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Teens
The Rock Star's Daughter touches upon a couple of different topics but most prevalent would be drug use and alcoholism! The story shows how both effect Taylor's life. First through her mothers death to her father going to rehab. The Rock Star's Daughter shows the not so glamorous side of the celebrity life style. It also discusses the importance of saying "NO" in a relationship when you don't feel comfortable in certain situations . Would I read The Rock Star's Daughter again? Probably not. It w ...more
Amber
Mar 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
I enjoyed this book, and read it in a few easy hours. One thing really bugged me throughout though and that was the use of the word 'slut'. Characters going to fancy dress parties as sluts, groupies being sluts... What does a slut look like? I am not a teenage girl, but I have been one, and y'know - I just don't think it's a positive thing to keep labelling people like that (especially directed from the main, 15 year old character).

Other than that, good premise, nice writing and snappy pacing! N
Wiebke (1book1review)
Now this was a nice fluffy summer read!
The story follows Taylor the summer after her mother died and she had to go on tour with her father, whom she hardly knows.
I liked how Taylor was a normal believable teenage girl, not all immune to peer pressure and first love and misconceptions.
There is nothing brand new or ground breaking to the story, but it was nice to read something without too much deeper meaning for a change!
Clearly this is a good representation of the kind of books I read as a teena
May 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-kindle
I got this as a free book for my Kindle, sort of in a moment of nostalgia. It reminded me very much of the books from Scholastic I used to save my money for and order...actually, if I was a junior high girl I would have absolutely loved this book. That's the perfect demographic for it. I have read a lot of YA that definitely crosses over and is readable to adults as well, but this definitely skews young. If you have a teenage girl in your life that might want to read this, there's no sex, just k ...more
Brianna Allen
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
The rockstar's daughter is about a girl whos dad is a rockstar and after her mother died he is appointed her guardian. This book is so touching and is saying the true meaning of family and why not to give up on life. This book also has a little romance between at first Taylor and Jake andTodd and Taylor.This book is also good because Taylor got to experience what happens on tour.
Ariana
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked what Taylor did in the end of the book, and I really liked hearing the story on how Taylor's mom and dad meet. This was a really good book, but I just wished I knew more about her (Taylor) and Todd. I also wanted to know about Taylor's relationship between her and Allison, but other than that it was a good book.
Emma
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
As a quick, light read this book was ok. Although it seemed better suited for a younger audience than myself I couldnt help feeling that the story was missing some depth. It had the opportunity to become an interesting read but always seemed to skim over the aspects that would have grabbed my attention a bit more.
Audrey Roco
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a story! What a book. THANKS.

I'm an old man soon to be 84 and I enjoyed reading this tale. MAY you continue

to bring beautiful stories like this. And at the end - I teared up. Thank you again. Dr. Ralph Bozeman Rodriguez, Oh.D. DF
Faith
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
it was a good book, I love how she is a rock stars daughter and for some reason she reminds me of Miley Cyrus (before she went Chra-Chra). The main character does relate to MC a lot more than u may think. I do recommend this book and BTW I got it for free on iBooks.
Brianna
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I think the book was a good base to start. I like how it was written and it made me want to see more of her work as an author. however, i wouldn't say this is my favorite.

• Hidden Gem (Hidden Gem, #1)
  • Lovesessed
  • In the Spotlight (Mayne Attraction, #1)
  • So I'm a Double Threat (Double Threat, #1)
  • Just a Little Crush (Just a Little, #1)
  • Play for Me
  • Kisses for Lula
  • Solo
  • Notes to Self
  • Metal Urge
  • Love Evolution (Brutal Strength, #1; Black Cat Records, #1)
  • Jake (California Dreamy, #1)
  • Merch Girl
  • Gateway To Heaven
  • First Kiss (Heavy Influence, #1)
  • Love Unlisted
  • Invisible (Invisible, #1)
  • Angel
Caitlyn Duffy is a Brooklyn-dwelling, chihuahua-lovin' freelance writer, who is currently developing a series of YA novels for Lovestruck Literary around the celebutante students of a fictitious boarding school.

Treadwell Academy (4 books)
  • The Believer's Daughter (Treadwell Academy, #2)
  • The Viscount's Daughter (Treadwell Academy #3)
  • The Tycoon's Daughter (Treadwell Academy #4)
“It struck me as funny that she was on the other side of the world having the exact same realization as I was: that parents aren't any better at making decisions that kids.” 4 likes
“My father loved the attention, I noticed. He really was a bit of a fame whore.” 2 likes