Start by marking “Enslaved” as Want to Read:
Enslaved

Enslaved

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  1,100 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
A dark, edgy BDSM romance…

Caught red-handed with her fingers in the company cash, Rae Johansen must choose between near-certain jail time or a much shorter sentence locked away in a BDSM Dungeon. Acceptance means placing her free will, her body and possibly her soul in the hands of a dominant man who demands complete submission. Whips, chains, ropes, floggers and the sensu
Published October 12th 2011 by Romance Unbound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Enslaved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enslaved

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,070 books — 3,427 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. Ward
Best Kinky Fuckery Books
1,097 books — 1,468 voters

More lists with this book...

Praj
Jun 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm-erotica

“Please”, she whispered throatily. “I don’t have the cash to repay you. Let me make this right some other way”……..

….." Anything, huh”, he drawled slowly. “Anything to avoid the certain jail time for embezzlement? Anything I want?”

“Anything”, she affirmed……..

Omfgintffsoigd! The said sentiment ceases to entice my senses, the plethora of inward bound sentiments no longer adhere to the facial theatrics induced by the omnipresent Urban Dictionary. Wonder whether it is the resonance of the currently
Amber Rose
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: standalones
Rating between 2 to 3 stars.

I don't want to say 2.5 stars or anything, I just want to say between those two.

Just a quick bio of the book. Rae steals money from her boss/suppose to be partner so she stole the money/got into a very bad investment deal so she stole the money. Got it? Ya... Oh yeah... His name is Sam.

Sam finds out and decided not to turn her in. Instead he wants her to be his sex slave for 30 days. They fucked once but Rae wasn't into the whole bondage thing that Sam was tryi
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“OMG, Sam, beneath it, you were finally, for the first time, piercing the bubble I spent a lifetime building around my heart and soul. You reached me, that secret, vulnerable little girl place inside where I hide my true feelings and needs. You pulled away the curtains and tore down the walls.”
- Rae
Aму
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
How can I pass up the opportunity to start a review with..
---------------------------
Please, sir, may I speak?” she gasped.
It hurts! Ow, it hurts, please take them off. Please, please, please!
---------------------------
LMAO!

Now down to business. Damn! This chick has the will of an ox! I would've had my mouth bolted tight after the first spank. Rae's character was that of a hard working, driven, independent, and 'doesn't need a man to complete her' woman. Which I highly respect, but s
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Let me start by saying I enjoy a good non-con/dub-con slave type story. Something about these just trips my triggers - maybe it comes from all the bodice rippers I read as a teen - who knows! The dynamic of capture/slave and the emotions and actions fascinate me.

Claire Thompson writes a lot of BDSM novels - and, for me, they tend to fall on either the regular type BDSM with a HEA or the more hard core BDSM (more pain, more domination, less choice) that may/may not have a true HEA. I'll be upfron
Becca
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved this book right up till the end - but I'll get to that later. Ms. Thompson has set up a situation where no one is good, or bad but real and flawed. Sam's reaction to Rae's theft is very believable as it is a huge breach of his trust. Should he have given her the choice of jail or 30 days in his dungeon? Who knows, most people convicted of white collar crimes such as this aren't given a choice so why not?

As Sam and Rae work through her enslavement the story became very psychological. What
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Disclaimer: Snark + gifs

I think what irked me the most about this book, was improper use of technique in kink, the D/s session/relationship starting with blackmail (which I can understand the fantasy, when used in a safe sane consensual way). I don't know, this book was terrible to me. It was creepy and reeked of Stockholm Syndrome (which is a book!kink of mine, but the execution seemed off to me).

OOh, no, but lol, I guess.
Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR
4 stars for this intense dark read by Claire Thompson.

If you like the whole slave/non con/captive stories, this will be right up your alley. If non consenual sex bothers you in anyway, this is not a book for you to read.
Flow
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm I didn't mind this book. That's certainly one way to blackmail ! haha

The book was in first person point of view, but it did switch characters to the male and female. But I still found it readable.

It was well written, and a little dark!
 Sara
May 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Too dark for me. the non-con was both too intense to appeal to me on one hand, and not twisted enough to feed my "kinkies" on the other.
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
Went into this one thinking it was gonna be a darker BDSM erotica, and I guess for some, it would be considered so. The description read:

A dark, edgy BDSM romance…

Joanne Jones
I just had to put this in
(view spoiler)

WOW ANOTHER GREAT BOOK FROM CLAIRE!!

Well what can I say that I haven't said before...
I loved this book and it was a nice difference from her other book *Frog* they both completely held my attention and I found myself re-reading some parts in this book because I loved them and didn't want them to end bwahahaha and I must say that Claire is a genius, she captors
Lynsey
Oct 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-contemp
I really enjoyed this hot little number.

Some very VERY hot scenes. But, for me, there was just something lacking about the connection between the characters that prevents it from getting 5 stars.

When both the H and h started to consider 'love', it felt a little contrived and not enough of a natural progression. Especially under the circumstances.

Also, the knife play didn't do much for me. This was actually my very first read where knife play was involved, therefore I suspect that this is someth
Bfiecleyshy
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm
what can i say about this book. it was amazing. loved the d/s in it. i did have to put it down and take a break twice because it hit two triggers for me but im proud to say i finished it. i dont damn the book nor thing harshly of it because of my own personal triggers therefore i wont bash it in that sense. moving on though i will say i like how sam trains rae. He is stern and hard on her but is tender in certain moments. I also like that they show him battling his own emotion and thoughts. over ...more
Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com)
Hot & steamy dubious consent story, about a woman who embezzles money from her employer, and to avoid going to jail she agrees to be his slave for 30 days. This was my first dubious consent and I liked it. There were some stuff I personally would've had a problem with (sleeping in a cage!) but I was satisfied how the story turned out, and the characters were not annoying at all. I'm glad I participated in the May challenge :)
HeatherTX
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Enslaved" is not a sugar kink read, basically it's a forced consensual read with plenty of BDSM elements including a bit of blood play. An enjoyable read with a slow start that eventually picks up and gets better with each page.
Felicia
Jan 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too dark. I did not like this story at all. I like bdsm but this was blackmail and kidnapping. Jail sounded better to me.
Alexa
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: BDSM hardcore fans, with an emphasis on S&M reads
There’s one thing to be told with certainty about Claire Thompson’s writing, and that is she doesn’t do stories in half measures. “Enslaved” pulled all my triggers loose. I’m pretty confident I still don’t know how I feel about this book, but I can say with confidence that this is one hell of a story.

To anyone who might think to open the Pandora’s box “Enslaved” keeps within, I have but only one advice. Think again and think well, if hardcore BDSM readings are not your thing. Because “Enslaved”
Erin
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
*******3.5 stars********
So there were some things that needed fleshed out a bit, but as a whole I think this was a very good effort on Claire Thompson's part to create an intense and alluring story of sexual entrapment. First off, if you are looking to simply find the typical erotica book with some BDSM in it to escape in, don't read this. Enslaved most assuredly concentrates on the more violent, cold side of sadomasicism with the majority of the plot, and it's definitely not for the faint of he
Kym
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, dark, tpe, domination
The last page was PRICELESS!!!

I really enjoyed this story when i wasn't too upset at their inner monologues (well mainly Rae's)

This is a story where pain, destruction and ultimately love conquers all. Rae and Sam are both suffering from self delusions of who they are, what they want, and what they need!

Rae deeply believes that it is impossible for a strong willed woman to submit to anyone no matter the circumstances. When she finds herself crashing into Sam's arms and loving it, her torture t
Mel B
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who would have thought "Make Me: Twelve Tales of Dark Desire" would have so many good stories?!
Rae committed a crime. She stole over $100K from her boss. Now, he's given her a choice. Be his slave for 30 days or he will call the authorities which means she's looking at prison time and felony on her record. So she agrees to being his slave for a month. This book is real hard core sadism and goes into Sam's deep depravities. If you can't stomach BDSM, this is not the book for you. It has very hot
Bozhidara Krumova
ONE POINT FIVE STARS

For whatever reason, Goodreads recommended this book to me, because I read Break Her by B.G. Harlen. Unfortunately, Enslaved couldn't even come up to scratch with the masterpiece that's "Break Her"

First of all, the whole concept of the book was ridiculous. He basically kidnapped her. I feel like there should have been some more reasoning as to why she doesn't have any other chance but to succumb to his sick fantasies.
Second of all, this book gives BDSM a bad name. Sure, pain
Mymee
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sassy
.... 2.5 Rounded to 3 Stars

I love, dark, gritty, raw books, but I'm sorry to say this book was just WAY too raunchy for me.

I enjoy a good BDSM, but I don't like abuse, forced slavery, sadism and the heroine being treated in a demeaning manner, which the majority of this book was about.

I've read a few of Ms. Thompson's books and enjoyed them. Unfortunately, this was not the case with "Enslaved"

**A copy of this book was given to me by the author for an honest review**
Virginia
I simply couldn't feel any spark between the two MCs and both characters annoyed me in different ways. Rae because she was way too bitchy and self righteous given her crime and Sam was so angry through so much of the book it was difficult to feel any symphathy for him. Warning for newbies: not for the BDSM beginner - dub con to non con depending on your definition.
Kat
Aug 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark-erotica, bdsm
Hot for the most part, I could have done without the torture moments. A few grammatical errors (Sam was referred to as Same once), but a good quick read. My first Dark Erotica kind of book, and I'm getting more of them so that must mean something.
Contessa
I can not begin to rate this book. Only 3 chapters in and I had read enough. I love erotica styled books, but this was.... Degrading, humiliating, cruel, purely sadistic...
Stephanie Furlan
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Better than most

This was tame in comparison to many other books I’ve read by Ms Thompson. It was better than most other books I’ve read lately which just proves that she is a fantastic author.

It’s too bad ALL of Ms Thompson’s darker reads were yanked off all ebook platforms. It still blows my mind that the decision was made to drop her books yet a certain fiction book that is based incest/rape and subsequent pregnancy is available on KU right now.
Kim
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not my thing

I have to say this was not my thing. I was not overly fond of Sir, nor Rae characters. I didn't like the way he blackmailed her. It left a sour taste that stayed with me the entire book.
Cindy Fota
Jul 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2017
DNF
  • Judgment (Judgment, #1)
  • The Man Who Holds The Whip
  • Big Sky
  • Submissive Desires
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • As She's Told
  • In His Arms
  • Yes, Justin (Safe Word: Oasis, #1)
  • Pam-Ann
  • Keep Me Safe (Dark Nights, #0.5)
  • Maid for It
  • Fortune (Fortune, #2)
  • Abduction
  • The Devil's Dance
  • Nisey's Awakening (Doms of Chicago, #1)
Claire has been writing for nearly two decades, and has published over 70 novels. She writes BDSM romance and abduction tales, spanning both m/f and m/m genres. She has received numerous awards for her bestselling work, including the NLA-Int’l Pauline Réage Award for best BDSM fiction. Her darker works press the envelope of what is erotic and what can be a sometimes dangerous slide into the world ...more
More about Claire Thompson...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)