Start by marking “Worth Waiting For” as Want to Read:
Worth Waiting For

Worth Waiting For

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  268 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
This is a sweet/clean romance.

Julia Newman doesn’t have time for love. Been there, done that, and she’s got the scars to prove it. Instead, she’s focused on her career. For the past few years, she has been living the life she wants. She drives a silver Mercedes, just purchased a four bedroom house in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia, and she’s on her way to becoming the young
Published October 20th 2011 by Garden Avenue Press (first published October 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Worth Waiting For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth Waiting For

Camille Adams
Oct 20, 2012 rated it liked it
First read Octobber, 2012 = two stars.
Reread, an extreme rarity for me, Defember 2015 = three stars.

I liked this story. Loved Freddie. Enjoyed the real intimacy and sexual tension Diamond creates so well. Hated the fade to black. Come on!
N0iR
Sep 04, 2014 added it
Shelves: interracial-bw
NO SEX! It was a cute story. Very Short. I felt like the story was like a chapter out of a book. The whole story was basically about starting a relationship.
Sofia Galvez
3 Platypires for Worth Waiting for by Delaney Diamond

I haven't read a "clean romance" in a long time. They tend not to be my cup of tea. I guess I misunderstood sweet romance for meaning clean romance. Now that being said, a clean romance can still have some type of drama. Worth Waiting For was missing the fire that moved the story along.
I really did like that this was a multicultural romance featuring a black woman and a Puerto Rican man. I was pretty excited to read their love story but it
K. Chase
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I highly enjoyed this book. It starts out as just another day in the heroine's life; she needs a contractor to renovate her basement and a sexy Freddie shows up on her doorstep. I've always wondered if that actually happens in real life, hehe. Julia's last relationship has left a sour taste in her mouth about love and Freddie knows his blue collar status isn't enough for a career woman, but that doesn't stop the sparks from flying between the two love-starved protagonists. Great pacing, good dia ...more
Miss_J2g
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, Great Read!

Very nice, passionate and sexy story. It was great to see Julia with all of her accomplishments, let her hair down and enjoy some fun with a wonderful man. Freddie proved to be gentle, caring, protective and sexy as sin! Great read!
Erika Boater
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice and short

It was a cute story. It felt more honest and realistic than some books I have read in the past. It got to the point in a nice loving and supportive way.
Kimberly
Crystal
May 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
I would give this book 1 and stars if I could because it is really not a terrible book. Trite? Maybe. Cliche? Probably. But not awful. First off, in the author's defense, this is a simple short book intended to be an easy romantic read so I'm not going to complain about the length of the book or lack of details. My issue is that the writer never convinces me to care about the main characters. I didn't care if they got together, didn't care about their pasts, I didn't care if an asteroid descend ...more
Suzanne
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It took me a little while to decide whether or not this was one I would enjoy because at first Julia got on my nerves. She seemed very wrapped up in herself and making money but I felt it was all a front to keep her from getting hurt again. Freddie couldn't be more opposite from Julia in appearance, occupation, or personality. Yet somehow they both found themselves attracted to each other. Would Julia be able to get over her issues and start a new relationship or would her fear that the past is ...more
Kim
Dec 28, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a sweet quickie. The story was good, and kept me interested, and Julia and Freddie had some powerful chemisty. This is a "sweet romance" so there are no love scenes in this one, so please don't be disappointed when it is finished and they are missing from the story. I did like the relationship between Julia and her dad, but wish there was some type of conclusion with the building of his apartment since that was a huge chunk of the story. It would have been nice to read about his reactio ...more
Celeste
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Freddie and Julia

All past relationships have baggage. It's what we choose to carry into our future that ensures we are not handicapped by our past. Julia and Freddie had a road to cross. Both having had to deal with past hurts in their own special way. One thing you come to appreciate is Freddie's pretentious and patience. He is a hardworking caring man that worked through and went Julia. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. Julia humbled herself and went after what she wanted, Freddie.
Laverne Brewster
Aug 24, 2014 rated it liked it
3.75 stars, Frederico and Julia had an interesting and enjoyable start to their relationship; just not enough about Frederico. Frederico Mendoza owns a construction and is not adverse to being in a loving relationship just not with Julia because he does not see himself with a black woman who looks down on blue collar workers. Julia Newman is an up scale venture capitalist on her way to a partnership with the firm she works for.
Emotonal Reads
Wow, this author definitely used emotions to show the love and connection here. I liked that the heroine and hero was weary of love, who could blame them after what they had gone through before.

A very satisfying read and I could squeal like a school girl, she didn't use or needed raunchy dialog to show the emotions of these two. they weren't perfect but who in life is.

Brenda Holder
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Very Sweet Interracial Romance

Worth Waiting For is a very sweet interracial romance that earned a four star rating. I found this book to be humorous and sensitive as the couple discover their preconceived notions about each other was different from what they thought as they began to know each other. I enjoyed reading this book and I would recommend it to friends and anyone who wants to read a good romantic novel.
Janea Robinson
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this nice, clean read. I'm looking forward to reading this series. Delaney Diamond did not disappoint in this romantic tale. The character development was present, the right amount of conflict(internal and external), and just enough steam in the love scene that allowed the reader to use their imagination. I have read her steamier reads and she does the same thing in each one: tells the story. Great job Delaney Diamond!
Ava Smith-forrest
Loving

I love to see a strong attraction spark at first sight. Freddie and Julia both had relationship issues that made it difficult for them to move on. Freddie didn't want to be considered as less of a man because he wasn't wearing ties to work and Julia had let a jackass destroy her self-esteem
Cynthia Taylor
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overcoming Selfdoubt

This is a common story with an awesome spin! The journey these two take and the patience Freddie shows makes this book amazing!
Laura's Book Addiction
A cute little romance read.
Teinevai
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 short and sweet. It's so good to read a romance where the hero is a hardworking bloke who works with his hands and is not a billionaire.
Betsy
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
heart warming story. Quick read. Once you've piked it up, you want to keeep reading. No surprise ending.
Tigger
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too short...but loved it
Brenda
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! A must read!
Carol
Dec 28, 2012
Melissa Lane
Jun 03, 2018
Fans of Interraci...: Worth Waiting For 10 26 Jan 17, 2012 02:27PM
  • Because This Is Forever (To Be Loved #3)
  • Steady
  • Before Dawn Breaks
  • Scandalous Heroes Box Set: Sensual Romance
  • Marine With Benefits (Always a Marine, #16)
  • To Love a Stranger
  • The Rebel's Own
  • A Heart Not Easily Broken (The Butterfly Memoirs, #1)
  • Kincade's Rose (The Megalodon Team, #1)
  • Against the Ropes
  • Happiness In Jersey
  • Tempting Turner (The Men of CCD, #3)
  • Jack & Diane
  • Best Woman for the Job
  • No Ordinary Love
  • Unfinished Business
  • Strollers & Stilettos (In Stilettos, #4)
  • Endless Summer Nights: Risky Business / Beats of My Heart / Heartbreak in Rio
Delaney Diamond is the USA Today Bestselling Author of sweet, sensual, passionate romance novels. She's also the owner of Garden Avenue Press, a digital-first press where she publishes other authors. Born and raised in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Atlanta, Georgia is now her home. She reads romance novels, mysteries, thrillers, and a fair amount of nonfiction.

When she's not busy reading or writing, s

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99