Start by marking “Wild Man (Dream Man, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wild Man (Dream Man, #2)

Wild Man (Dream Man #2)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  35,090 Ratings  ·  1,994 Reviews
She's about to walk on the wild side . . .

While filling the display case in her bakery, the bell over the door sounds and Tessa O'Hara looks up to see the man of her dreams. Within thirty seconds he asks her out for a beer. But after four months of dating, she discovers he's an undercover DEA agent-and he's investigating her possible role in her ex-husband's drug business
Published October 4th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Wild Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Man

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
 photo 0221a051-dc12-4ab6-8bd1-ad61a57bc434_zpsc433f934.jpg
I usually hate sounding like a broken record, but I've decided that sometimes, it's not a bad thing. And in this case, book after book, review after review of saying the same things, I’m beginning to think that Kristen Ashley can write no wrong. I’ve read five of her books, back-to-back, and while this is going to sound wonky, I’m not looking forward to reading her entire back-list because then I’ll have read her entire back-list and will have to wait for new releases and I just can’t imagine
Christy
5 WILD stars!

photo f5b0dca5-b96c-4287-b76f-adfefdfff1ed_zps33abcb4b.jpg

I love the Dream Man series. I read Mystery Man and I loved it. I fell in love with Tack, so I skipped right over Wild Man and Law Man and jumped right into Motorcycle Man(this was back in February). I spent the last few days listening to the audiobook of Wild Man. Why the hell haven’t I read this before??? I wish I would have went back to this sooner... it was great!

Tessa O’Hara is the owner of a bakery. Brock Lucas is a DEA agent. They meet under less than ideal circumstances. B
Kristen
Solid 4 stars

I really enjoyed reading Wild Man; however, it didn't capture and hold my attention like I hoped it would. What I did like about this book was the engaging, sensually passionate, and realistic relationship between the hero and heroine, Tess and Brock. Tess's character, though, is what made this book shine. She was simply fabulous! I admired her straightforwardness and simple honesty. She didn't play games with Brock. She told him exactly what she felt, thought, and wanted. She was
~ Becs ~
I’m moving to Colorado. Being a Brit, I’m not entirely sure I know where it is exactly. Up from Texas, in the middle, left a bit?? Anyway, I’m definitely going because, according to Kristen Ashley, it is packed to the rafters with Mega Hot Uber-Alpha guys just waiting to be snapped up by their forever girl. Now, where’s that green card application………………….

So Wild Man – this is Brock Lucas who we first met working undercover as a DEA Agent back in Mystery Man. He’s again working undercover trying
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads

Hmm . . .

Still love Tess and all of her wonderful baking. Everyone else was craving cupcakes while we were reading this. I wanted oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. B/c difficult.

BUT.

No dried cranberries and no white chocolate chips, so cupcakes it is!

There are worse things.

Still love Brock's family . . . Brock . . . I'm kind of iffy on. It feels nitpicky, but any time a man calls himself "wild," I'm like, "Baby, if you were wild, you wouldn't say so ou
Dija
What I liked:

1. Tess owning a bakery.
2. Brock.
3. Brock and Tess's relationship. It was cheesy but beautiful.

What I disliked:

1. The beginning was slow and it took me nearly 40% to truly get into the story.
2. Brock acting like every other hero of KA's with very few distinguishing characteristics.
3. Tessa being a curvy blonde in her forties. Brunettes and redheads in their twenties or early thirties clearly don't exist in KAland.
4. The writing. I know I should be getting used to it with each KA
Stacey is Sassy
description

An Audio Review

My audio books aren’t lasting as long as they should be. I was buying them to keep me amused on the way to and from work and when I bake or exercise. It seems that I’m struggling to just keep it to those times. I mean, it’s hard to just limit myself. I’m invested in the story. I’ve been sucked in. There’s a crucial stage I’m reaching and the last thing I want to do is press stop and wait. This means I’m listening to nearly one a week and putting off book reading to listen instead.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

RE-read Sept. 10/14
Even better than the first time!! How is that possible?

Give me some undercover Brock Lucas and...

“He thinks I'm beautiful and told me so. He thinks I'm funny because I make him laugh all the time. He's fantastic in bed and when I say that not once, not even once have we been together where he's not taken care of me and it's not unheard of he takes care of me twice in one go.”

I loved Tess, cupcakes and pies baker extraordinaire, she was sweet but the per
Lisa
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start by saying that I would have given this book 5 Stars just for the cameo appearances of Vance alone! :) Vance is in my top 5 of KA favorite heroes! Sigh! HOWEVER, Wild Man deserves the 5 Stars on its own merit as well.

Right…. Moving forward!

Wild Man was more tame and subdued in the action-packed arena if you compare it to any of the Rock Chick books or even if you compare it to Mystery Man. I loved it! I love the fact that KA focused most of the book on the relationship between
Aestas Book Blog
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing

"I can't make any promises about where this is gonna go but what I can do is give you me, keep you safe while you walk on the wild side and work my ass off to do what I can so this never goes bad for you." ~Brock Lucas

Oooo Kristen Ashley does it again! I loved Brock and Tess' story! I loved how FUNCTIONAL they were as a couple!! Its always SO refreshing to find book couples like that. Ones who talk through their issues, don't let stupid things come between them and are open and hones
Baba
Dec 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Tess said to Brock:
"You're a manly, macho, rough, wild, hot guy kind of sweet but you're sweet. I'm a mountainous swirl of frosting with a moist, rich cake as my core but you're smooth, delicious dark chocolate that tastes good from the second it hits your tongue and makes you want more the minute it melts away."

Wild Man starts right off in the middle of Brock and Tess's story. Tess is having sex with "Jake", and she is totally clueless about his identity since he's working undercover as a DEA A
Blacky *Romance Addict*
This was such a wonderfull read :) Although in the Dream Man series this one always comes last whenever there are comparisons, after reading it again, I really don't know why, it was just incredible! I think I liked it more now than when I first read it.

For starters, I LOVED the fact that they are both older. They're mature, don't fight about stupid shit, they have a problem, they work it out. Aside the one big fight they had at the beginning, that was it. Always something happening, and they al
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

My Thoughts:

✥ This started out a bit slow and took till about 25% for me to really get into it.

✥ I didn't like that they were already in a relationship. I missed all the firsts!

✥ Hate to say it but I wish KA would switch things up, Brock and Tess sound like everyone else with the same types of friends and the same type of family. :(

✥ I really don't care for the "C" word!

✥ There is some "sensitive" subject matter but everything is in the past and the telling is not graphic.

✥ I was a
Mimi Smith
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it

Dear Brock

You are, indeed, my favorite so far. You're probably shaking your head and wondering:favorite what? Favorite hero, of course. You probably don't understand that either, but stay with me.

I was a bit unsure about your actions and the undercover mission(where you really got under covers, you stud, you) and I was afraid you were just using Tessa. Luckily you weren't because she has been through so, so much. Abuse and lost wishes, and now a liar on top? I'm glad you got that sorte
Nikki
4.5 stars.

Wild Man had a different vibe to its predecessor Mystery Man but I've gotta say that I really, really enjoyed it. And no, not simply because it's another KA. It really touched me with its subtlety and I loved how it had such focus on Brock and Tess (H/h) and the solidity of their relationship. It also had lovely use of light and shade, there were cute kids in it (KA does GREAT kid) and when the characters spoke to each other it really meant something.

Brock was another hot alpha: protec
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3.25 it was sweet, but ehhhh.... STARS

So far my least favourite KA read. The beginning was boring, but the whole thing got a little more interesting around the middle part. After that I was pretty much hooked and read it almost in one sitting.

Brock was really a good character and I loved that he was so not what you might have thought after meeting him in Mystery Man. Tess was a sweet woman, very independent and whole lot of kick-ass, but in the end I just didn't care enough.

On to the next on...
Catarina
4 Wild Stars.

After a failed and abusive marriage, Tessa believes she’s finally free. She’s moved on, she has a job, a new life and even a new love interest.
Until her ex-husband drags her to his world again with his obscure business making her being interviewed by the FBI. And that’s when she finds out that her new love interest is no one else but the detective responsible for her case, so as you can imagine she has trouble trusting him after she finds out.
But now that Brock got her, he will
NMmomof4
Jan 23, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: not-my-thing
DNF @ 19%

Well, I had finished Law Man not that long ago and thought I needed to go back and give this one a try. Sadly, it didn't work out so well.

I hated the way the h was expected to just get over what the H had done to her. (view spoiler). She was upset about it and
Raine
Slim is the sh**!!!

Why do I not have a review for this book??? I LOVE this book and have read it over 5 times.

While this is not my top favorite of Kristen Ashley books (Rock Chick Regret #7 takes that #1 spot) it is still one of my favorites to re-read. After every re-read of a book I always look at the number of stars I had given it previously and think if I should change it and NEVER have I thought twice to lower the star count from 5, so hopefully that should say something about this book.

B
Emily
It took years for Bakery owner Tessa O'Hara to be willing to try dating again, but the moment she sees Brock Lucas her hesitation goes out the window, he is the man for her. He has an edge to him that is undeniable, blunt way of speaking but there is a softness that overcomes him when he is with Tessa that has her feeling safer than he has ever felt in his life. After four months of dating she is ready to take the next step, but that idea is shattered when she finds out Brock is not who she thin ...more
XxTainaxX
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This one I had to push myself to finish. In the end it worked out ok but I can say it's my least fave of all the KA I've read. It seems to go long in scenes that don't really move the plot forward. The connection between Tess and Brock doesn't seem as strong as the other couples. The plot is sensitive in nature in some areas but I don't think it really dove too deep. It just felt like both myself and the story were going through the motions without connecting.
Kelly
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this a lot, but as far as Kristen Ashley's books go, it wasn't a favorite. I'm not sure why, but it didn't hold my attention the way her books normally do. I liked Brock and Tess as a couple, I liked Brock's kids and his zany family, and I LOVED Tess's bakery. I would consider Tess's cakes a main character in this book. I ate more than my usual share of sweets while I was reading this!!

So overall, a very good read, just not as good or as memorable as most of her other books. The very go
Tessa Teevan
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: definite-reread
Reread: November 2015
Ingela
Written December 9, 2014

3.8 Stars - Typical KA, a nice and cozy feel-good-romance about lovely +40 characters

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

I chuckled and enjoyed being a part..
I'm not stunned and screaming hurray high and loud, but I liked it. Nothing grand and new under the (Ms Ashley) sun, More like a dear cozy cuddly soft blanket to curl up on the couch with. - And that's always a good romance reading feeling.

Wild Man, book #2 in Kristen Ashley's Dream Man series, is a nice contemporary "everyday" kind of romance with so
MELISSA
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
(5 "Hard not to love Tess" Stars)
(BR with Patty, Denisse, Tiffany, Elizabeth, Angie, Anne, Shannon & Bridgid)

photo 2216e388-18cd-4726-8eef-31ff1add5e57.jpg

photo 3658c239-9bb7-4820-8c84-acba0ad3abb5.jpg

Tessa O'Hara aka Tess/sweetness, is a 43 year old, divorced woman who owns a bakery called Tessa's Cakes. Tess wasted most of her adult life being the wife of an abusive man. Once free from him, Tess just wants a fresh start. She is working in her bakery one day, and a hot man walks in that takes her breath away! He ends up asking her out. She accepts, and is instantly captivated an
Karla
4.5 Stars! This book was not at all what I expected, but it had Kristen Ashley’s stamp all over it. Was that a bad thing? No way, because this was a GREAT read! There was little suspense, a rocky start to the relationship, the usual unveiling of the character’s history, and then on to the heart of the story and this one had a HUGE heart and lots of lovin’, lots and lots of lovin’! It came it many different forms, family love, friendship love and the love between Tess and Brock, two irresistible ...more
Dee Montoya
******10+ Wild Stars *****

Loved, loved, adore this book, so much in fact, that I became Mrs. Brock Lucas. Sorry my friends, but I couldn't invite anybody to the weeding because it all happened so fast, and you all know how demanding those Alpha males can be. LOL!!!
 photo 279c712019a437bf577c4b341d2102ee_zpsf9f76113.jpg

When Brock Lucas met Tess O'Hara it was not under the ideal circumstances but he knew right away he wanted to taste and keep the sweet she had in her and Tess just melted once she look into those silver eyes. Brock is a DEA agent inve
Bev
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
March 2017 - reread as I fancied spending some quality time with my Brock, and nothing beats the pure gold old style KA. Nothing.
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kristen Ashley Fans, Romance
5 Still Has The Power Stars
* * * * *

I have been re-visiting my KA reads of the Dream Man Series. This book held up to the power of Brock and all that was him. What was impressive was the strength and smarts of Tess.
The way these two were a single unit once they got straightened out from their first go around to what they became was a lesson in what loving another person should be.

These were grown people and they knew when they found their person, to hold on and power through the bad stuff for
I think that was the fastest I've ever read a KA book :)...Review to come...

Kristen Ashley Ad...: Wild Man (Book #2) Brock and Tessa (Spoilers Possible) 461 1057 Apr 29, 2015 09:09PM
The Lost Challenges: This topic has been closed to new comments. Wild Man-September Series Read 50 29 Dec 20, 2014 09:00PM
Wild Man BR 329 163 Feb 16, 2014 07:55PM
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • Star Crossed (Battered Hearts Book 2)
  • Liberating Lacey
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • A Reclusive Heart (Hollywood Hearts, #2)
  • Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings, #3)
  • Shooter (Burnout, #1)
  • Hot Ride
  • Lumberjack in Love
  • His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2)
  • Heller's Revenge (Heller, #2)
  • Sweet as Sin
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a
More about Kristen Ashley...

Dream Man (4 books)
  • Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1)
  • Law Man (Dream Man, #3)
  • Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4)

“He raped me, Agent Calhoun, he hit me but he didn’t kill me. As long as I’m breathing,
I’ve got fight in me and luckily I’m breathing.”
It was at that he whispered, “You aren’t like a lot of women.”
“Yes I am,” I whispered back. “I’m like all women. You see this but inside there’s
something else that I won’t let you see or him see but it’s the mess he left me. But that’s
mine. No one gets to it. Everything you get and he gets is a show. One thing you learn really
quickly and really well when that kind of thing happens to you is to be a fucking great
actress. You don’t have a choice in that because a man like that does something like that to
you, you lose having choices. The only choice you have is what role you intend to play. I
picked my role and that… that Agent Calhoun is what you see.”
86 likes
“You wanna tell me, sweetness, how dessert for seventeen people translates into seven pies and two cakes?” Brock asked.” 52 likes