Start by marking “Forgotten Father” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Father

Forgotten Father

(Sexy Suit Romance #2)

3.35  ·  Rating details ·  516 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
When Delanie Carlyle wakes in the hospital after a car accident, she discovers she cannot remember the past month of her life…and to her dismay, she’s newly pregnant. With no husband or lover in her life, she must take care of her child alone and then an elderly friend dies and she must deal with the complications presented by a large, unexpected inheritance.
Eighteen mont
Nook, 144 pages
Published September 25th 2011 by Carol Rose, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgotten Father

Mysterious
Christine
This was... pretty bad. I was fairly intrigued by the idea so I figured what the hell. But yeah... it was really not done well. Firstly, I completely and totally do not believe in love at first sight. You can't truly love someone if you don't actually know them. That being said, instant attraction to a person is something different and I think the author and the heroine are both confused about this. Sex does not equal love, guys. Instantly feeling an attraction for a person and wanting them, als ...more
Angel **Book Junkie**
Wow is all I can really say...I guess the complexity of the book and the hmmmm factor made me fall in love. The author kept me wanting to turn the page and find out what would happen next. Yes, there were parts that were predictable but the rest..was just interesting. I will be reading more of the authors books. I love the characters in the book and I also wish that I could read more about the Cedar's .. is there a long lost family member or someone who we can learn about. Can we see Jenna's sto ...more
Sandra
Dec 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: hopeless romantics, people with a few hours to spend
This was an okay concept for a contemporary romance story but the delivery was only meh. Neither the hero nor the heroine really ever connected with me, and while this was a pleasant read (and a rather quick one), I can only give this three stars.

The book was either self-published or the editor/proofreader should be fired. There were punctuation mistakes, spelling mistakes, grammatical mistakes, and each one jarred me out of the story and made my inner beta growl.

Confusing you're and your is u
Iris
Dec 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
Ok, so I started out giving this 3 stars only because since it was a free download I didn't feel cheated out of $4+ . If I had paid for this I probably would have asked for my money back. But as I started writing my review I realize that giving it 3 stars is giving it more credit than it deserves.

This could have been a good book. It was a good concept. But honestly it was 359 pages that could have been condensed in a couple of chapters. The characters were under developed and honestly not likea
Heather
Nov 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Forgotten Father has a great story line. Mitchell and Delainie spot each other across a crowded room and sparks fly. The next day, Mitchell discovers Delainie is his grandfathers mistress and decides she is after the family money. Mitchell bands her from the family resort and demands she stay away him and his family. More than upset, Delainie jumps in her car and ends up wrecking and losing her memory of 6 weeks (conviently surronding her time with Mitchell). 18 months later, Mitchell's grandfat ...more
Becca
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it
I found most of this story infuriating. From the moment Delanie started spouting all this crap about falling in love at first sight I instantly regretted paying for this book.
I don't believe in love at first sight. Lust at first sight is completely different.
Also, Mitchell was a dickhead. And he was inconsistent.
The story may have been worth reading if it was written better and the characters had more depth to them rather than the shallow shells they seemed to be.
Also I feel the need to point o
Laura Carson
This book was all over the place. I enjoyed the concept but was annoyed by both the main characters and the delivery. The "love" between the main characters was juvenile and unbelievable. The cover is sexy though, so I'll give it an extra star.
Christina
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
I felt zero connection to the story. The idea seems unique, but it wasn't built upon, like, at all. Every thing happened too fast. It was a short read. Some stories work at this length. This one, did not.

Donna Hatridge
Nov 26, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a free eBook download. The story was an okay read for me. The story line is a good one but I think if could have been more developed, especially Mitchell Riese's character. We would have felt more attachment between Delanie and Mitchell. I know it was s short story but the ending was rushed.

Ashley
Jan 05, 2012 rated it liked it
I was close to giving this four stars. I liked the premise. Two people lock eyes across the room, instant attraction. They have a wonderful passion filled night in which of course the woman puts far more stock in than the man, and then the next morning when he learns her name he verbally accuses her of being a gold digger and throws her out causing her to get in a car and have an accident, where she gets amnesia forgetting everything from that morning to six weeks prior. Then waking up to find s ...more
Becs
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, romance
"Be with me always," he said softly into her ear. "Help me celebrate every day. You're like the sunlight. Everything in my world is better when you're there." ~Mitchell

Delanie. She's a caring woman who wants nothing more than to find her true soulmate. She believes once she finds him, all will be well. Her life will be complete and all those things that seemed bothersome will no longer matter because he will be by her side. She believes she found that man, was 'in love' with him by the time he s
Kathie (katmom)
Dec 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-downloads
I really miss epilogues...this story could have used one.

Delanie KNOWS that Mitchell is her other half...when she first meets him. They have a glorious night...and then he finds out who she is.

He thinks she's his GRANDFATHERS lover!

And he lambastes her...sending her off with a migraine headache...and in no condition to drive...oh, and VERY newly pregnant...

A small accident later...followed by a small case of amnesia...and 18 months later they come face to face again...but she doesn't KNOW him.

A
Elise
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book, the way you could see the main chararcters falling in love, the ending was very sweet. I only gave it two starts though because I won't be reading it again and I felt that Lanie was too forgiving after he called her all those horrible things - plus the way she regained her memory didn't seem at all plausible to me. Its a good book to fill a few hours - maybe on a train/flight.
Michelle
Feb 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
only reason some of the things I've been reading, like this, are on my kindle is because they were on the free list a year ago. if you took every cliché about romance and put it all in one story you have this one. steamy instant love? bitter dividing conflict? amnesia? prenups? wills? grand cheesy gestures? public proposals? yeah...no need to read it then.
Elle Markov
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
It's nice in a the guy realizes he's a jerk and that he's in love with the girl and decides love is more important than money. But seriously she forgets an entire month of her life and therefore can't remember who the father of her child is. Worse is the whole I fell in love before I even met you. The book description on iBooks is totally misleading as to what you should expect from this book.
Dorel
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I read by Carol Rose. I thought the main character Mitchell was too mean. I thought it wasn't enough communication between the 2 main characters. I also thought the story was more about what the main characters thoughts. Alot of their thoughts was repeated & that was annoying. I purchased this book when it was free but I don't think its worth reading free or 99 cents.
Margaret
Dec 23, 2011 rated it liked it
I loved the story line. The whole concept of the book was good. However i think that the characters needed to be developed more. More information about their backgrounds would have helped the overall story.
Brandy *Ahviel*
I have to say that I actually liked this book. It was interesting to see how the characters represented themselves before and after Delanie's accident, those difference made the book interesting.

Cute read
Crystal
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I couldn't imagine losing my memory and not being able to remember what I really needed to. Especially if I had kids or a husband. I would like to think that no matter what I would still not forget my children. I just wouldn't like to put my family through something like that.
Deanna
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars. Not even sure why I finished it except that I have trouble not finishing a book once I've started it. It's not very well written and the story is dated. Seems like somithing that would have been written in the 80s.
Kerry Fine
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
The writing was fairly good, although it needed some editing. The story was easy to follow, and even kind of fun, but I HATED the heroine. From the first page, all I wanted to do was slap her. That impulse diminished a bit as I read, but it never completely went away.
Melissa
Dec 04, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
Didn't know what I was getting myself into. I almost put it down after the first chapter, but I hate not finishing books and it wasn't long. Now I wish I had. What a waste of space. Should have read the reviews...
Julianna
It was an ok read. One of those fall in love at first sight type stories. But he was a total ass and didn't redeem himself at all until the last page, so just an ok read for me.
Shiela
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
The book was pretty good, but not enough pages for what it cost to read it.
Candace
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
OK, but not great. A little far fetched, but not too bad.
Anne OK
Dec 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
A delightful fun-filled freebie that satisfied my need for a quick, romance (with a bit of angst) for my afternoon break.
Becky
Jun 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the storyline. Think I may look into others by this author.
Anita
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Very typical damsel in distress
Mariah
Jan 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a good book just slightly predictable.
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift)
  • Colby's Child
  • In His Own Defense (Lawyers in Love, #1)
  • Here to Stay
  • His Not So Sensible Miss
  • My Man Pendleton
  • Bootscootin' Blahniks (The Bootscootin' Books #1)
  • Spoil of War
  • A Shiver at Twilight
  • Dance of the Seven Veils (Dance, #1)
  • Wish On the Moon (Finding Mr. Right, #8)
  • In the Mood
  • Needing Nita (Serve and Protect, #3.5)
  • Dark Prelude
  • Touching Lace (Vaughn, #1)
  • The Bride Price (Civil War Brides, #1)
  • Lynda's Lace (City Heat, #1)
Carol Rose is an award-winning author of contemporary romances. She has written twenty-six books, including Always and the Blue Collar Boys series. Her books have won numerous awards, including a final in the prestigious Romance Writers of America Golden Heart Award.

Carol is an active member of the North Texas Romance Writers. A frequent speaker at writers’ groups and conferences, she has taught w

Sexy Suit Romance (2 books)
  • Always (Sexy Suit Romance #1)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Atheists Who Kneel and Pray
  • Hold On My Heart
    $4.49 $0.99
  • One Day
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Wicked Love (Wicked White #3)
  • Water from My Heart