Start by marking “The Mystery of the Solar Wind” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Solar Wind

The Mystery of the Solar Wind (Solar Wind #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Currently FREE on Smashwords, grab your copy here: :-)

Two ships converge in the twilight, six hundred sea miles off Dakar. A voice calls across from one to the other. A chorus of powerful voices answers. The national hymn of Southern Free. Sails are furled. The two ships slow and come to a halt next to each other. Lines shoot across.
Published August 24th 2011 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Solar Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Solar Wind

Colleen M. Chesebro
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
*The author provided me with a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review which follows*

In the year 2116 the Unicate, a conglomerate formed from all the governments in the world, have stopped the wars that ravaged the earth. Peace now reigns supreme – except on the oceans, where Captain Radomiur Lascek and his band of pirates sail upon his ship, the Solar Wind. This unruly band of misfits travel the high seas, seeking out outlaws and fugitives, all the while steering clear of the Unicate
BestChickLit.com
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I know I’ve mentioned before that I love all things pirate (and a yo ho ho and a bottle of rum) so imagine my delight on starting The Mystery of the Solar Wind: pirates, with gypsy magic, set in the future??? Yes please!

And this is a truly exciting and engrossing YA novel. It might take the reader a while to get the hang of life on board the pirate ship, the futuristic technology and to work out who is who but once you’ve got it, you’ll gobble up every twist and turn this adventure offers up.

Alt
Roughseasinthemed
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this imaginative, creative, futuristic pirate story. But it's so much more than just a pirate story: dark governmental controlling forces, relationships, genetics, and a total sense of adventure. Russo's characters are great and totally credible. I was surprised how long it was, and there were very few errors for such a long book, so I just dove right in and enjoyed the ride, or, sail.
Stephen Hayes
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stephen by: Tony McGregor
I'm a bit conflicted about this book. On the one hand, I found it compelling reading, an interesting story, of pirates in the world a century in the future. On the other hand, there are too many rough edges, and it feels unfinished, like a rough draft that somehow escaped into the public library. The copy I read has no ISBN and is not listed on GoodReads, and the cover is different from all the editions that are. Its date is 2009, and it reads like a publisher's proof copy sent to bookshops in a ...more
Ailyss Quinlan
Oct 07, 2013
Leslie Noble
Aug 29, 2013
D
rated it did not like it
Jan 11, 2015
Apr 19, 2018
Sithembile Ngxongo
Aug 17, 2018
Lyz Russo
Feb 14, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The first volume of the "Solar Wind" series is currently up on Smashwords for absolutely free. Here's the link:

Grab yours while this lasts.

Or feel free to help yourself to a shortstory from here:

Enjoy!!

More about Lyz Russo

Solar Wind (6 books)
  • The Assassin (Solar Wind #2)
  • Freedom Fighter (Solar Wind #3)
  • Raider (Solar Wind #4)
  • The Morrigan (Solar Wind #5)
  • Nix Romipen (Solar Wind #6)