Start by marking “Big Nate and Friends” as Want to Read:
Big Nate and Friends

Big Nate and Friends

(Big Nate: Comics)

Join Nate in this collection of his funniest moments, as he confronts the pressures and concerns of sixth grade with his classic hilarity.

Published December 6th 2011 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published December 1st 2011)

Lance Janik
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked how nate always trys to be famous and he is funny because of that. Like seriusly he thinks he's the noogie king
Nolan
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who are interested in comics
Kenneth Flores
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Clever choices of comics.
Mas5thgrade2012
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 5b, lazyman117
as usual, THIS BOOK WAS AWESOME!-Lazyman117
Christopher
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think the Big Nate books are very interesting and fun to read if you like the diary of a wimpy kid books you will like this book,join Nate and his crazy friends in middle school.
Pooja Banga

Sixth-grader Nate Wright is on top of the world . . . with a little help from his friends! His best buddies, Francis and Teddy, stick with Nate through thick and thin—usually thin. They've seen it all. Nate's disastrous love life, his chess tournament trash talking, even his misguided attempt to be a "bad boy." Along the way, Nate and his pals are joined by Ar
Alexander
The book Big Nate And Friendswas a good book. Nate Wright is a 6th grader who is always getting into mischief. Between him and his two friends Teddy and Francis they have a good time a lot and pick on each other all the time. Francis is the smart friend of his who doesn’t like to take risk like Nate and Teddy. Also there is Gina who is the all “A” student and is a teacher’s pet and is always wanting to get Nate in trouble.
Then there is Artur the foreign exchange student who is better at everythi
Jerrica
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I found this book's set up hard to read because I'm not really into comics. I find it easier to read when it's the traditional reading horizontally left to right. I don't want to critique if people prefer reading graphic novels.

What I liked about this book was that it showed that if you pick the right friends, then they will be by your side through thick and thin. Before I opened the book, I didnt expect for the illustrations to be in all black and white because the cover was in full color. The
Carmen
Jul 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
A poor imitation of Calvin and Hobbes. Get the real thing, skip this.
Bella
Mar 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book was the most epic waste of my time. First of all, it was really boring, every time I flipped a page of that horrid book I felt my life dragging by every second. Second of all, it was stupid. Like Nate trying to be better than his friends absolutely stupid. Last of all, no voice at all.
Luke Ivers
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome! I slight summary of a main event is this. Nate is with his best friend Teddy when he sees a "Sold" sign in front of their hated teacher, Mrs Godfrey's house. The immediately start celebrating that they will never have to see their evil teacher again. They walk into school the next day saying everything seems brighter and happier, and they can't wait to go to class without Mrs Godfrey. When they finally walk into their classroom they are hugely surprised! See what happens i ...more
Lesli Diaz
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
The book was about Nate and his friends they had a party at school and they had fun during the winter break. I liked this book because it was very interesting for me, the pictures had lots of details and color and also because the characters were saying their words like if they were right here talking to me. I would recommend this book to my 2nd-grade cousin because he likes to read these kind of books that have lots of pictures.
Carston H
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book because it had a lot of humor and is an entertaining book.I really like Nate because I think he is funny and he adds a lot to the book.I would recommend this book for anyone he likes funny and entertaining books or anyone from the age 10-14
Chris Flores
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Big Nate. Big Nate likes to play basketball. He goes to play a basketball game against another school and they win. I like this book because it's fun to read about basketball. I would recommend this book to Jordan because he likes Big Nate books.
Nate Porter
Big Nate and Friends is a great book to read over the summer or have any free time. The book is all about a boy named Nate (of course) and he thinks every thing is all about him. his best friends are Francis & Teddy they are all in the same classes ever since preschool.
Andrea Porcayo
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book. I could like know what he was feeling because I went though it already. I like this book so much I started reading the other book.
Billybobjoe
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another set of awesome comic strips by Lincoln Pierce!
Kyle Pasquel
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is really really really funny!
Zach
Jun 03, 2012 added it
cool
Harris U.
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a highlight montage of all of Nate's funniest moments. This book is hilarious, as it seems he didn't pick them out himself, but
Aiden Zaccardi
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
really good i loved it. from first page the page i knew i would love it.

#awesome book

#big nate for life

#always read
Joshua
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I finished the book 10 days before i started it.
Liza
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

ok.love it
awesomeness aww awesome. and.everything s
is.Awesome.holla Arlington a.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.a .a.a.a.a a. a a a a u.u it's. because awesome
Jenn
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Man, I haven’t read comic strips like this since I was like 14. What a nostalgic feeling. The jokes are still cute and witty even with this character I wasn’t familiar with prior to randomly picking it from the library. I knew it was a popular series, but that’s about it.

Nate is a typical self-absorbed kid with a touch of ADHD. He has good friends who give him an equal amount of crap as he gives them. The females in his life also give him crap, so his selfishness is addressed, which is refreshi
Aarons
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
What I like about the beginning is how Nate does things to people and then the other people will come back and hurt Nate doing something similar. The middle's best part was when he got beat up by a girl. The ending's best part was when he sent a letter to a famous girl and when he did that other girls were curious to what he had said.
The best part about the whole story is that they are still in 5th grade even after 2 years.
Tom Jorgenson
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
This wants to be Calvin and Hobbs, but it happens without any of the self-awareness, social commentary, subtle humor, or big-heartedness. It’s more potty humor with a kid who is just jealous and lazy, with the occasional joke that edges a little toward the raunchy or cruel side. Still, I think I get why this is popular. It does a decent job with the awkwardness and embarrassment and self-exploration that happens in middle school.
Jelte Nieuwenhuizen
ik vond het een leuk boek en ik heb hem in een dag uit gelezen ik raad hem aan aan mensen die houden van boeken met veel plaatjes en strips niek is een persoon waarin ik mezelf erg herken daarom is het leuk om te lezen
Melissa Namba
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
i enjoy this series. i think kids will too. hopefully they get the sarcasm and see what a petty little thing Nate is. this one does focus a lot on his relationships with his friends rather than his family and teachers. the prank day section had a lot of potential and i wish they played it out more.
Ryan
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How big Mate was good.

I liked the book a lot because of how Nate will do ANYTHING to get the girls. It is also very funny, even when I didn't get the jokes!!! Here is the word "big" in emojis: You know what? I couldn't find any emojis that mean big. LOL!!! 😄😄😄😄
Malcham Rogers
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is really funny because when Mrs. Goodfrey tells Nate to sit up, Francis gives him a wedgie. Nate, he freaks out when during the summer he doesn't want to do math but he ends up doing math when he's trying to find out if he has enough to buy everything.
  • Garfield Potbelly of Gold (Garfield #50)
  • Binky Takes Charge (Binky)
  • The Dragon Players (Knights Of The Lunch Table, #2)
  • Nate the Great and the Big Sniff
  • The Cheerleaders of Doom (NERDS, #3)
  • Killer Koalas from Outer Space and Lots of Other Very Bad Stuff that Will Make Your Brain Explode!
  • World's Oldest Living Dragon (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #16)
  • My Dog Does My Homework!
  • Rock Star (Babymouse, #4)
  • Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes (Lunch Lady, #7)
  • The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers (Super Diaper Baby, #2)
  • Wonkenstein (The Creature from My Closet, #1)
Lincoln Peirce is a cartoon artist from Portland, Maine. He lives with his wife and two children, and occasionally gives lectures to students about cartoon creating. Peirce writes the comic strip "Big Nate". Peirce's comic strip, Big Nate, is featured as an island on the famous children's website, Poptropica. Big Nate appears as the first cartoon on The Maine Sunday Telegram in the comics section. ...more

Big Nate: Comics (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Add More Babes! (Big Nate Comics)
  • I Smell A Pop Quiz!: A Big Nate Book
  • Big Nate: From the Top
  • Out Loud (Big Nate)
  • Big Nate: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
  • Here Goes Nothing (Big Nate)
  • Big Nate Makes the Grade
  • All Work and No Play: A Collection of Sundays (Big Nate)
  • Genius Mode (Big Nate)